• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 505 Views, 15 Comments

Unquenchable - MonsterAddict



Ponykinds thirst for bits is unquenchable...

  • ...
 15
 505

Chapter 1

The cold chill of a winters mourning began subsiding, as the pitch black sky was being filled slowly with the lightest of yellows. The sun was now steadily breaking free from the horizon, the light now penetrating the thick black ink which made up the night time sky, the stars twinkling and shimmering with elegant beauty, providing light in the everlasting dark. Granting the sky a source of hope against the enveloping darkness. Their lights like fireworks on bonfire night, suspended in the air, their beauty, forever alight.

The sun begins its light descent over the darkness. Blazing sun rays reaching into even the deepest and darkest of cracks and crevices, the star light, once bright and enchanting, now fading with each passing moment. Because of the more dominant, supreme, bigger light source. The sun.

The darkness weakening with each moment, retreats over the horizon, as if playing defensive, two forces forever at war, in an endless cycle between night and day. The sky their battle ground for the on-going war. The darkness now vanquished, but still lurking, living to fight another day. But the sky is now the suns territory, no longer held captive by the dark, but now free, against the tyrannous darkness. The darks cold grasp broken from the sky, unshackled and freed by the morning light. The light now is what fills these battle worn skies. The light though is fair and gentle, and not as harsh and bright as the afternoon sun. The sky now the lightest and palest of blues, signifying the end of night, and now the rise of mourning.

Light now covers the far stretches of these lands, what was once now dark, now alight. And the sleepy town of Pony Ville now lies in the suns wake, being showered with the suns bedazzling radiance, causing the surroundings to almost glimmer and shine with the same majesty as a diamond. As we speak, the sleepy inhabitants of pony Ville begin to stir from their age long slumber, with just a handful already awake and primed to begin their day. The stalls and businesses begin opening, shops yearning to be filled, with eager and anxious customers. Owners eagerly anticipating the mourning buzz, waiting for the town to become fully alive. The owners now feverishly begin preparing for the early morning rush and lively activity that is soon to envelop this friendly town. With the sun in the sky, and not a single cloud in sight, it seems that it’s absolutely certain, that everything’s going to be alright.

A lone cottage stood alone next to the forest, on the outskirts of Pony Ville. The light was slower reaching this area, with the light being unable to penetrate through the thick forest, giving the place a look of eternal darkness, darkness seeping through the entrance. But light was still able to reach the naturist cottage. The cottage itself looked like it belonged in the neighbouring area, blending in with nature. Its main most noticeable features, being that it almost was almost totally covered in thick vegetation, with bushes of leaves covering its roof and more, making it look almost like a wide stunted tree. Many a bird houses were around the house, some big, some small, but a welcoming home for any bird none the less. A small, gentle river flowed close to the front of the house, a pathway leading from the home over it, a small bridge crossing from one side to the other, continuing the path.

Light began seeping through the bedroom window. The curtains weren’t drawn, so a thick layer of light shone brightly down onto Fluttershy’s face. The light pierced through her eye lids and shone a gentle light into her dreams. The sudden light agitated Fluttershy’s eyes, and she began to stir. Her eyes opened, to then be immediately blinded by the sudden intensity of light. Her hoof instinctively rose up to shield her eyes, while the other frantically pulled the quilt over her head to block out the unwanted light, giving her eyes some time to recover from the sudden exposure from light.

After a few moments Fluttershy relented from hiding from the light, knowing she was going to get up eventually any way, and pulled away the covers that were protecting her from mourning. She opened her eyes and slowly got out of bed, still feeling groggy from sleep. She was on all fours now, swaying a little, her eyes uneven, still adjusting to light. Her luscious pink mane was frazzled and untamed, and covered her eyes, obscuring her vision and making it that much harder to see. She swept the hair to one side of her face, now being only able to see with only one eye, and somewhat unsteadily walked towards the window.

She opened the window and was instantly greeted with sweet smell of spring, the scent of flowers in the air. Her eyes looked around, surveying the environment. What lay before her was the beautiful sight of her homeland. Landscapes stretching into the far distance far and wide, filled with lushes green grass and petite colourful flowers. And in the far distance she thought she could almost make out Applejacks farm, and the vast amounts of apple orchids around it. She could hear the peaceful sound of running water from the river winding itself near her house, the gentle breeze that ruffled the leaves of nearby trees. And if she looked even further into the distance she could see Ponyville, only being able to see the outline and blear of some of the houses and shops in the far distance. Then the was the Evertree forest.

The place always gave her the chills when she looked at it. What kind of terrifying creatures lived in there, and the thought of going into it never failed to send a shiver down her spine. And the dark. The place was and always will be dark. It oozed darkness. She shuddered and looked away. The place terrified her. But she had, under extreme circumstances gone into the foreboding forest. Mostly because she was forced too. But under rare occasions, her bravery had shone through, and had been more concerned for those who were in danger instead of her own fears, and had gone into the forest to help them.

She began trotting away from the window, contemplating fixing her dishevelled appearance. Her mane in dire need of brushing. But then a sudden realisation stopped her in her tracks. Silence. Her cottage was never silent. Her ears perked up and desperately searched for noise, anything to ease her growing fears. Nothing. No chirping from the birds outside. No rustling, squeaking or scratching from the mice. No noise from any other of her animals. None. Silence.

Fluttershy could feel herself panicking. Fear began gnawing at her very being. She went to the window and stuck her head out, looking for any sign of life. Nothing. She began frantically galloping around the house. Searching every nook and cranny. Nothing. She began trembling, her breathing becoming short and laboured. She could feel herself having a panic attack. All her animals, gone. She was on the edge of a mental breakdown; she could feel herself losing control of her mind and body. She collapsed. Too weak to move. The word gone never left her mind. She began to draw her hoofs close to her chest, and scrunched herself into a ball. Motionless. Silence... Then she heard the chainsaw.

Author's Note:

First fic! So im sorry you hate it.