• Published 13th Apr 2013
  • 917 Views, 19 Comments

Dark Libra - DragonassasslnGR



A mysterious Pegasus is found and he holds a deadly secret that Celestia has tryed to keep hidden for well over 1,000 years. If the truth is set free all of Equestria will be punished.

  • ...
2
 19
 917

Two Betrayals

It had been three days since the Crystal Empire was abandoned and left to be taken by the snow. Celestia had sent scouts to see what fate had deemed it to become.
To her surprise the report was that it was abandoned by Cassius and the ponies he had enslaved during his time there. The news of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie still missing made her more and more uneasy every moment. The latest report was the forces known as The Lost Night was setting up base camps all over the place. They had spread out to cover any and every major threat to them and nearly cut off all supply lines possible.
Then there was the rumor that Cassius had an assassin and a new commander leading the bulk of his forces. The only relief she had was Cassius himself hadn’t been seen for days outside of the dream realm. Inside however he wreaked havoc with everypony he could. Celestia was sure she would win this fight again even if Sereen was still recovering from her last battle with him. The only thing she wasn't sure about was how many ponies would die in this war.
A royal guard ran into Celestia's office which had been recently converted into a war room.

With a salute he hastily began, "Your highness, We have found Pinkie Pie."

Celestia's eyes brightened up and she rose from her seat from the news, "Where did you find her? Is she alright?"

The red pegasus said in a low and serious tone, "She is fine, Your highness but..."

"Go on." Celestia said.

"She killed almost all of flight Sun Bird. The only pegasus to make it back was bleeding heavily and she was missing one of her eyes." replied the guard."

Celestia froze. She trembled at the thought of Pinkie Pie the Element of Laughter, killing anything let alone another pony. Celestia felt sick to her core, what could have happened to her to make her do such things? What did Cassius do to her? these questions floated around in her head.

"Thank you for the news. Send a detachment to confirm this report and send Rainbow Dash with them." Celestia said sinking back into her chair.

"Rainbow Dash?" repeated to confused guard.

"Yes. If Pinkie pie is doing as the reports say then, Rainbow Dash can escape and relay the news directly to me." replied the princess of the sun.

The guard saluted and hurried to his task at hoof.

******************************************************

Rainbow Dash found herself in a squad of scouts with crossbows and bolts at the ready.
All she was told was Celestia wanted her to confirm a report on Pinkie Pie being alive.
That was all she needed to hear before joining the group and demanding them to leave as soon as Celestia mentioned Pinkie Pie. If her friend was out there and alive she was going to bring her back.

They had been flying for hours and sun was setting in the horizon. Rainbow Dash saw one of camps for Shining Armors outposts over a bend and into a valley just outside of the great plains. The soldiers were doing drills and cooking food preparing for dinner. Even from the air,
Rainbow Dash could smell the freshly cooking hay stew.

Suddenly the flight commander shouted over the wind currents, "We are going in for the night! They have been expecting us so get ready for assignments in the camp!"

The brown pegasus lead the flight down through the clouds. They landed in formation with Rainbow in the center but quickly lined up for assigning. It only took a few seconds for the list of work to be distributed and they were gone.

The flight leader walked over to her and said, "I am to protect you and stay by your side Ms. Dash, but here at the camp I will give you free leave. You will be safe here for the night."

Dash looked him in the eye and said, "I don't care if I'm safe. Pinkie Pie is out there and I intend to find her now."

The captain was drawn back at the outburst from the rainbow maned pegasus and retorted,
"You will stay at the camp for the night. The others can't go on endlessly just because your friend is out here somewhere."

"Then I will go alone." Rainbow said as she turned.

"No you will not. Frankly I don't care if your friend dies out here. My orders are to keep..."
the captain started, but was interrupted by a hoof to his muzzle.

He fell with a trail of blood leaving his now broken nose. Rainbow drew back her hoof and planted another hit as he tried to get up. When she was done the Captain now laid on the ground holding his muzzle and hollering into his hooves. He silently cursed at Rainbow Dash as he looked over at his blood covered hooves.

"Fine, if you want to be killed then go! Be back by sunrise or we leave and say you got killed by a quarry eel." groaned the captain.

******************************************

Dash had left the camp in search of Pinkie Pie. The pink party pony was never hard to find.
She had a neck for popping up randomly and always being prepared for anything.
This time was not the case and Rainbow Dash was looming on the thought of Pinkie actually being dead. She pushed the thought out of her mind as fast as it came in.
Dash spent the next hour and a half looking in all areas around the camp, before accepting defeat for the night and turning back and heading to the camp.

Dash noticed as she got closer she didn't hear anything from the usually loud soldiers.
When she left, she heard the sounds of ponies on the move, songs, and laughter.
She flew high to look over the camp for a better look. Nopony was out on patrol or even on guard duty, but the strong stench of blood filled the air around her. She flew down and found thin trails of it leading to the massive tent that served as the mess hall. Rainbow slowly entered to find piles bodies everywhere and a shadowy figure stirring the pot of stew.

"W-who the hell are you!? Why did you kill all of them!?" Rainbow Dash yelled.

The figure stopped and turned to look at the source of the sound.

"So Dashie how have you been?" Pinkie's voice called back as calm as ever but lacking the usual pep it held.

"P-Pinkie Pie?" Dash asked rubbing her head.

A light flickered on and Pinkie stood covered in blood and eating a bowl of hay stew.

"Please call me Pinkamena now. I have been... learning a new trade and Pinkie Pie doesn't really fit the bill now."

Rainbow Dash stood slack jawed as the sight of one of her best friends covered from head to hoof in blood and eating stew like nothing had happened.

"Pinkie, what happened to you?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Pinkamena placed down her bowl and pulled a modified sword out from a sash that sat at her side. The sword had a special handle that fit her hoof perfectly and automatically locked into place. Shadows emitted from it and she held it in front of her.

"I met my toy maker in the crystal ball." Pinkamena said with a smile as she swiftly ran on her hind legs at Rainbow Dash.

She swung the blade at Rainbow Dash's neck in an attempt to make a clean and painless cut. The rainbow pegasus back stepped and barely missed the blade by centimeters. She reared up and bucked Pinkamena with her front hooves. The pink pony staggered from the blow, then came back with another swing. Ducking, Rainbow Dash head butted her in the stomach when the next swing missed. Pinkamena retaliated with her knee to Dash's muzzle then an elbow to her back. Dazed from the double impact, Rainbow Dash tried to get up with a groan.
She looked up in time to see Pinkamena scowling and bring a hoof to her muzzle sending her flying a few feet outside the tent. Dust shot up from the cyan pegasus scrapping on the ground. Pinkamena walked out letting her sword drag on the ground behind her.

"Dashie, where is the fire in you heart? You are about to die and you act like a scared little filly in the night." she said smiling.

Rainbow Dash got up and whipped the blood from her busted lip then charged at her friend.

"There it is." Said the pink psychopath.

Rainbow Dash turned to the right at the last minute and galloped away from her.
Pinkamena grunted and followed after her with deadly intent. Dash ran and jumped through tent after tent grabbing anything she could and throwing them at Pinkamena who was hot on her tail. She threw a shield at her attacker and heard the sound of grinding metal. Pinkamena's Sword had sliced through it like it was butter. Rainbow Dash spared her wings and flew into the armory, the pink killer was left in her dust if only for a little while. Rainbow quickly looked around for anything that could help her. She found a suit of leather armor that was her size sitting on a table. Hastily she throw it on and secured each piece in no time. The sound of careful hoof steps sounded outside the tent. Rainbow Dash grabbed a spear from a rack and held it in her teeth with a death grip. Pinkamena stepped into the tent and began to chuckle at the sight before her.

"Oh Rainbow Dash this is funny. You think you can really beat me. My eyes were opened and I was given power beyond belief. I can bend the shadows to my will just like Cassius. You can't win against me. You can however, join me." Pinkamena said trying to calm Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow raised and eyebrow and stepped back, her heart was racing as the blood covered pink pony stepped closer with her blade at the ready. Sweat ran down her head and she her mind was racing. Pinkamena looked as calm as ever and was advancing on her with every second.
Dash was running out of room and time.

"Dashie you don't have to die like the others, you can share the power I was given. All you have to do is give in to Cassius's will. Please put down the spear and come with me, or I will have to kill you too." Pinkamena said trying to sound sincere.

Rainbow Dash shook slightly out of fear and adrenalin, she clenched the spear tighter in her teeth as she thought about her options. Doing this would betray Princess Celestia and the others. Staying to fight would betray Pinkie Pie and most likely get herself killed. Rainbow was beside herself and from the look Pinkamena was giving her, she could see it too.
Either way Rainbow Dash was going to betray somepony, but one option would let her live to redeem herself later. She let go of the spear and it fell to the ground with a ping of bouncing metal. Pinkamena smiled and sheathed her sword. She pushing a button that made the handle release her hoof and walked over to Rainbow Dash who was starting to remove the barding.

"Dashie, you should keep that armor on you might need it. While you're at it, grab a crossbow over on the table and some bolts too." Pinkamena said as she walked out.

Minutes later Rainbow Dash was outside covered from chest to hoof in light leather armor with a crossbow that was held over her back by a strap and a set of bolts sat on her side.
Pinkamena was finishing her bowl of stew by gulping it down. Even though she was now a killer, she seemed to still hold some traits of the old Pinkie Pie. With a burp, she threw the bowl over her shoulder and walked over to Rainbow Dash.

"We will have to walk a while, but we should arrive to the castle by noon tomorrow. Now lets go Rainbow Dash, he will be very happy to see you. After all, you two never had your race." Pinkamena said turning to leave the camp.

Rainbow looked back in the direction of Canterlot. She hesitated but started to walk with Pinkamena. The two were headed in the direction that one would take to go to the badlands and Appaloosa.

"Pinkie, Why are you like this? How can you kill somepony like that?" Rainbow asked.

The pink pony turned her head and said, "Pinkamena, call me Pinkamena."

"Fine Pinkamena, why?" Rainbow Dash said irritably.

"I saw What happened if I didn't. He showed me and Slayershy what would happen to all of you if we didn't join him. What would happen to the Cakes and everypony else, even us." the pink pony said in a low tone.

"Slayershy?" Rainbow Dash repeated.

"Yes, Fluttershy is now Slayershy. She is the commander and ruthless leader of the changings forces just below Queen Chrysalis. In fact, she just executed some prisoners before I left this morning. She used her spear to impale them and cut their throats. She has gotten darker than I could have ever imagined." Pinkamena said in admiration.

Rainbow Dash stopped in her tracks and Pinkamena looked back.

"Is something wrong Rainbow Dash?" She asked.

"Ya there is something wrong. Pinkie you killed an entire camp of ponies without so much as a hint of regret. Now you're telling me Fluttershy, the pony who cares for every creature known to pony kind is now a cold hearted killer and to top that, all of leads Cassius's army. What the hell is going on!?" shouted the cyan pegasus.

Pinkamena narrowed her eyes at the name Rainbow Dash kept calling her. She let it slip this time because her next word needed to be ones that calmed her and not angered Rainbow.

With a sigh the pink earth pony said, "Rainbow Dash, this is the truth. I may not be the element of honesty but I am still your friend and would not want to see you get hurt in any way of fighting. Please just keep walking with me and I will explain everything. Just trust me ok."

Rainbow Dash looked away from her "friend" and found the ground, "Fine Pinkamena, lets get going before I decide to leave."

**************************************************

Hours passed as Pinkamena and Rainbow Dash walked. They took only a few breaks to rest but they had made good time. By now it was almost noon and the Changeling Kingdom was just in view. Changelings flew from point to point in the sky on patrol. Hydras were visibly eating captured ponies and other livestock near a marsh. Even a nearby mountain was being mined by the diamond dogs with gems were being pulled in crates. Dragons could be heard before being seen as they followed some of the changelings in the air or rested on some of the mountains. The central tower of the black stone castle was engulfed in a shadow barrier.

"What is that about?" Rainbow said gesturing to the tower.

"Cassius has been resting from his last fight. The barrier is to protect his body while he roams around the dream realm causing as much pain as possible. He has fought Luna several times but has won most of the dream battles. He has even used the dream realm to talk to his spies and commanders." Pinkamena said admiring the sight.

"He has spies?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Ya, in fact the first was Rarity." said the pink earth pony.

"Wait, What? Rarity was the first. When?" Asked the cyan pegasus.

"Do you remember the awakening when he killed Twilight. When he threatened her he looked into her soul and tortured her until she gave in to his will. It didn't take long though, it was in the dream realm and time means nothing there." Pinkamena replied as she started to walk down a trail that lead to the gates of the kingdom border.

Rainbow Dash thought about the events that night as she once again found herself following Pinkamena.

*************************************************

They got to the gates and already Rainbow heard an echoed voice yelling to some poor soul. Pinkamena grimaced as they passed through the large doors. Rainbow Dash looked to a courtyard and saw a black bearded pegasus covered with shadows that flew off like steam.
The eyes glowed a brilliant cyan through the black barding of her helm. A trident lay strapped to a metal device that held it for them and a pony was being gutted by it. Suddenly the long weapon spun and ripped out the dying ponies entrails. Blood and other fluids splattered everywhere and the bearded pony pushed the husk off of the trident. It looked over to them and began to approach letting the shadows slowly die down.

"Ah Slayershy, how has the house been while I was away?" Pinkamena said jokingly.

The shadows finally faded to reveal a very angry and tired looking Fluttershy.

She spoke with a low echo of her own voice following after the first, "He has been asleep for the past three days, but is still giving orders. He had me roundup a few traitors and execute them. Pinkamena, why is Rainbow Dash here? Is she joining us?"

Pinkamena smiled and nodded, Slayershy looked at her and a faint grin appeared but quickly died. She looked as though the most important part of her died and all that remained was a bitter husk of her former self. Rainbow only looked in shock at what she was seeing. She bit her lower lip as to not say anything. The last thing she wanted to do was to anger anyone here especially after seeing Flutter... Slayershy just kill somepony.

"Pinkamena, she won't be able to be given any of his gifts until he has fully recovered. So she will need to stay with one of us until then." Slayershy said darkly.

"Don't worry, I will take her with me. After all she will need time to adjust anyway. If she can get comfortable before accepting his gifts then she shouldn't have to see the visions." Pinkamena said grimly.

Slayershy nodded and the shadows returned calming the yellow pegasus. She walked back to the body and yelled to some changelings to clean it up before she did the same to them.
They did as she ordered quickly, as to not anger her any further. Pinkamena walked to the castle with Rainbow Dash right behind her. She wasn't sure if being dead isn't a better option now.

***************************************

Rarity was finishing a walk around the training field. She had watched the new recruits work on formations and firing magic bolts and other ranged weapons, some even fought with swords and spears. She had been dodging Twilight and Applejack all day, she needed to contact Queen Chrysalis to get an update on Cassius's condition and give her report on Celestia's troop movements and production. She had slipped away from the pestering unicorn long enough to hide in the Carousel Boutique. Rarity had stepped into her back room and pushed some boxes out of the way so she could stand in the center of the room. Using her magic she created a visual portal and tried to get a connection to the castle. A form began to take shape and soon Queen Chrysalis was looking at the white unicorn.

"Ah Rarity, how goes the work. Please tell me you have good news. I had heard Slayershy killed another prisoner today." said the queen of the changelings.

"Slayershy?" Rarity repeated.

"It's a long story but I'll explain that later. Your report." Chrysalis said.

"Well, Celestia is going to make an attempt to retake the Crystal Empire. She heard reports that Pinkie Pie was alive and sent Rainbow Dash out with a group of scouts to find her.
Celestia is also creating a formidable fighting force as well. Princess Luna looks as though she has given up on Celestia's cause and wishes to leave her to the bloody conflict. Sereen is still recovering from her fight with Cassius and as for the Elements of Harmony, we are missing Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy." Rarity reported.

"We have Pinkamena and Slayershy here. In fact Rainbow Dash is here as well, but she can't be turned until Cassius is fully recovered himself. So that's four including you, of the Elements of Harmony we control that is time." Chrysalis said with a smile.

Rarity quickly put two and two together then replied, "Wait, this whole time you had them and you never told me! I was worried sick thinking they had gotten killed somewhere." Rarity said in her usually dramatic way.

Queen Chrysalis was about to speak when the door to the back room of boutique opened to reveal a very stunned Twilight Sparkle. The portal faded and Rarity turned to face her with sweat dripping down her coat.

"Rarity, what is going on?" Twilight replied sternly.