• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,117 Views, 4 Comments

death Spikes - infinitiewriter

  • ...
 4
 1,117

A real spiker

Rarity stood up, flabbergasted, was she hallucinating? Or was the thing that stunned her so much actually standing in front of her? The object in question was a mare, a winged unicorn with a dark blue coat. She was apparently waiting for the designer to wake up.

-WHAT HAS TAKEN THOU SO LONG TO GET UP? WE HAVE BEEN AWAITING YOUR RECOVERY FOR QUITE A WHILE!” shouted princess Luna, “Whoops, sorry about that, I still can’t get the hang of the normal ponyville language” she excused.

“W-w-wh-What are you doing here p-princess!?” exclaimed Rarity, she had many celebrities, including photo finish, sapphire shores, and even canterlot ponies visit the boutique, but she never had royalty. The very thought of the challenge thrilled her, but at the same time, it made her so very worried, after all, princess luna was no every day citizen. Luna seemed embarrassed by the fact that ponies saw her in a different way then any everyday friend.

-Relax, for I am not here for a disciplinary action, something you ponies would call “imprisonment” I just want to ask for a dress. Y’know I was thinking something along the lines of-

“My most sincere apologies, princess, but did you say a dress?” asked Rarity, still in a state of shock, how could she make a dress to the ranks of a pony princess? “you’re, well, bigger than most ponies, I have never worked on your sizes, making a dress, might require me to mesure you, if that’s okay with you” she said, acting like Fluttershy.

-IS THOU CALLING ME OBESE!?” yelled the princess. She was surprised and mad, how dare she call her fat after she skipped all the famous tailors in Canterlot to see the particular boutique of her ex-enemy. She had heard so many wonderful things about this unicorn.

“Oh, no-no-no-no! I just mean, in, um, height!” stammered Rarity, in a state of panic. She quickly took one of her drapes and hid behind it.

-Ah, we-I mean, I- greatly apologize for the misunderstanding” apologized Luna, she had a habit of scaring her subjects, one she could not control. “I must admit me and my sister are most probably taller than the majority of ponies, but I must at least say that I am an exception, right?” she asked, she really wanted this dress.

“Well, okay, I mean, I certainly have no right to object against a princess, do I?” asked Rarity, slowly coming out of her hideout. Luna smiled and immediately used her magic to summon a parchment.

-Okay, anyways, in this dress, I was thinking something along the lines of a beautiful fuchsia-mauve gown with crushed diamonds sprinkled on it, like glitter. I want it to look like there are stars sparkling on it. There should be a moon shaped like my cutie mark on the chest piece. Are you getting this?” explained princess Luna, reading down her design of the dress. Rarity had a sort of sketchpad, which she jotted down all the details on. For a princess, she does at least have inexpensive tastes she said in her head.

“Is there anything else?” she asked, looking up from her small pad that had her cutie mark on the front and the logo of carousel boutique.

-Hm? Ah, no. Wait, there is, actually” she said, examining her parchment.
“You can take your time, you have a deadline of a month later” said Luna, smiling at the mare. She knew it took no longer than a week to make a dress. “I understand you have business to run in this boutique” she said, looking around in the shop, knitting needles were dropped, balls of yarn were scattered, of which Opalescence took care of. In reality, it was a sort of diet her friends had made her go through, to stay 3 whole days without cleaning anything.

“Oh, thank you princess!” said Rarity, exhausted but amazed. “I won’t let you down, I promise, but just one question if I may?” said Rarity.

Luna nodded.

“What’s the occasion?”

______________________________

Twilight walked through the town, a sigh of relief in her breath, suddenly, the two heard galloping in the distance, followed by a very familiar tune. Spike looked at the road to find big Macintosh dashing down the way. When he came closer, he could see a trailer behind the apple stallion, when he looked back at Twilight, he could make out a smile on her face. Big Mac galloped past the two hooked up to a trailer of hay, of which Pinkie was riding along with two other fillies. Twilight pushed out a sigh. Every week, Pinkie would be in such a good mood that she’d start to sing, and, along the song she’d pick two lucky ponies that were feeling sore along with her.

Twilight looked up to her spikey companion.

-Okay, I won’t go to dr. whooves right away, because I’m going to have to join Pinkie for the grand finale” said Twilight with a knowing, yet quite annoyed, smile on her face. Spike returned the gaze “I’m going to drop you off at Rarity’s and I’m sure she’ll catch up to you after Pinkie pie finishes her song, okay?” she asked, Spike nodded, then pointed out to the horizon at a marine blue unicorn with a dark mane. He had a cutie mark resembling that of a parchment and a quill surrounded by sparkles.

-Isn’t that Sketchpad, the pony you wanted to visit yesterday for some sort of important appointment?” he asked. Twi looked in the direction he was pointing with large eyes and nodded. She waved her hoof over to him and caught his sight. Sketch waved back and trotted over to them with a satisfied smile. Twilight trotted over to him as well, dodging a hyperactive Derpy.


-Twilight! So good to see you! I was just headed to the library to talk to you about the interesting subject that you asked me about!” in medieval times, Sketch would be considered a level 60 wizard. In modern times, he would be considered a pony encyclopedia. He was not to the ranks of pony science. But just simply a knower. Some pony’s said that he wasn’t from they’re dimension, that he came from a different dimension of a superior race. But the truth was, he was born from a mare just like all the rest. Sketch, or, as his real name, Brainstorm, used simple experience and legend like Zecora.

“Hey, Sketch! So did you find anything interesting?”

-‘fraid not” said Sketch, bowing his head down in shame. “Twi, when you came to me with you’re question about Humans, I just had no answer. I’ve learned of this race, but the logic is that they’re universe is not linked into ours and is quite far from it as well.” He deducted. He shook his head and continued “theres just so much a pony can know, and I’m afraid dimension travelling won’t be possible for another century” he admitted, Twilight looked disappointed, and Spike let her know that he was there, which cheered her up a bit.

-Oh well, if you find something let me know, I mean, every nugget of info counts” she suggested, Sketch just shook his head, which was his way of saying “not a chance”.

Suddenly, Spike’s eyes were shaking, his sense of feel was completely lost, and his vision started blanking. Oh no, not here, not now! But it was too late. Spike turned blinder than a mole and stumbled off her. The dragon voices were back:

“Did you find anything?” asked the hush dragon.

-Not much, ‘fraid those Sisters are claiming more land then we bargained” answered the ill dragon.

“Dear, the grand reunion is tonight. As tribe leader you must find the grand centerpiece” sounded the hush dragon. “please, isn’t this family known for being extremely determined and patient?” asked the hush dragon.

-Yes” admitted the other dragon. “but there just isn’t enough wax in all these mountains anymore, with those guards keeping us from the rest of the forest, it looks like this is going to be the year that the masterpiece is incomplete” he mumbled, yet in a powerful enough tone.

“Scar, think of Slice, he needs to come out of his egg, and I know today the festivities will hatch him” she said, Spike felt a slight rocking.

-We will keep on trying, but this challenge will be most difficult with only a few hours till the first nation comes” he said, Spike heard loud flapping, then figured that the ill dragon named Scar had left. He regained the sense of rocking.

“Oh, Slice, what shall we do? I want the best for my babies, but those ponies are wrecking our dreams to rubbish. Please give me a sign” she paused for a while, then sighed. Spike almost immediately regained consciousness. And woke up, Sketch had an interested look on his face.

-Is this your so-called dragon assistant Twi?” he asked, obviously fascinated. Twilight nodded. And Sketch had no other words to utter.

-son, you got trouble, and I think I can figure it out” he said, with a slight grin in the corner of his mouth. He handed him a card before using his magic to teleport away.

“How rude!” blurted Twilight, she turned around, ready to leave, before Spike took one last look at his card.

Sketch brainstorm pad

Psychologies artist researche and all-around living encyclopedia.
Please contact V.I.A magic spell. Business hours: all week round.

-Twi, you think I could skip my meeting with Rarity?”

_____________________

Author’s note: i'm running out of Spike puns, and it's only been 3 chapters.

Contrary to what you're probably thinking, Sketchpad is not my OC, and this will not be a HiE fic (humans in Equestria) Sketch is more of a cameo, even. he was originally designed by my friend.

Comments ( 2 )

Can you make the chapters longer

Login or register to comment