• Published 21st Feb 2012
  • 1,405 Views, 24 Comments

A horse is a horse, of course, of course. - Angel

  • ...
5
 24
 1,405

Of course, of course.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course.

Part 2

While the ponies were still in the boutique, Mr. Ed had rushed right into the nearby garden, which happened to be Cheerilee's personal flowers on her front lawn.

He almost galloped right past them, but Cheerilee took good care of her flowers, and Mr. Ed. couldn't help but notice them. He slowed to a halt, as the tasty flowers caught his eye. He stopped to admire them, and swiftly started devouring a nearby patch of roses.

Cheerilee was walking past her kitchen window when she noticed her flowers at the mercy of the handsomely large stranger. She was about to scream, when she took in his... essence. His manly good looks. His beautiful brown mane and coat. She rapidly found herself falling in love. He let out a burp and she snapped back to reality. He wasn't stuck-up, she also noticed. Another good sign.

She decided the best course of action was to approach the mysterious gentlecolt eating her flowers. She slowly and nervously walked out the front door. With extreme caution and a crush like a schoolgirl at a Justin Bieber concert; she approached the handsome hunk of a pony and tried to start a conversation.

"Excuse me? But, you're eating my flowers..."

He gave her a slow glance with one eye, then returned to munching on a nearby dandelion patch.

"Hello? Sir?"

"..."

"Um..."

She couldn't finish that sentence, because she was interrupted by Lyra and Bon-Bon

"Hi mum!" They shouted in unison as they trotted down the cobblestone path, before they noticed mum and the stranger in the garden.

"Something we're missing?" teased Lyra.

"Oh, um..." Started Cheerilee

"Are you seeing someone else?" Asked Bon-Bon.

"No, I... He just started chewing my flowers a few minutes ago..."

"I thought they were supposed to look pretty?"

"They were! But..." Cheerilee was at a complete loss for words. Suddenly, she was rescued from her plight by Rarity.

"YOU MONSTER! GET BACK HERE!"

Rarity tried to crash-tackle Mr Ed, but she went right into his flank, and he didn't even budge. Rarity picked herself up off the ground and dusted off her mane. She then tried to lift him high into the sky with magic, but he was just to big.

"Who do you think you are!?" She shouted right into her face, unaware of the gathering crowd, including Cheerilee, Lyra, Bon-Bon, Twilight and Spike, with his home-made armaments.

Suddenly, a loud Phffffffrt echoed through the crowd. About half the nearby ponies curled their noses and turned away. The other half simply looked disgusted and/or shocked. Rarity almost vomited.

"Well, that answer that..." She thought to herself.

"Hey mister!" They heard from Lyra

"Who do you think you are? Eating mum's flowers like that? Huh!?" She was right up close to him, face to face. But he wasn't intelligent enough to comprehend what he had done. He was growing bored, so he walked away slowly.

"Where are you going?"

No reply. Ponies were beginning to wonder if he was mentally handicapped, or something.

Twilight started whispering to Spike

"I think there's something... Something with that pony. He looks to big to be an ordinary pony, and he hasn't said a word since he got here."

"i know, right? He even farted in public. How gross is that?"

"Nopony needed to be reminded of that, Spike."

"I was just sayin'..."

Rarity weaved her way through the crowd and joined Spike and Twilight in discussing the stranger's possible problems.

"Can you believe him? The nerve of some ponies..."

"I think there's more to him than meets the eye..."

"Yeah, he let out a great big fart in public."

"Spike!" Twilight hissed, as she shot him a withering glance.

"What?"

"At any rate, he's really strong..." Rarity trailed off, lost in her thoughts. And possible affections for the manly Mr. Ed.

"Rarity? Something on your mind?"

Spike noticed the look in her eye, and turned away mumbling something about "revenge" and "I'll teach him not to steal Rarity's heart".

"Oh, nothing, dear. I was just..."

"Rarity?"

Then Twilight caught on. A wicked smile crossed her face.

"You like him, don't you Rarity?"

Rarity was appalled

"What!? I would never! He ate my rubies!"

That definitely caught Spike's attention. First some strange pony was winning over Rarity, and now he was eating Rarity's jewels!

"Well, looks like somepony needs to teach him a lesson."

Still with his frying pan in his scaly hand, and a cooking pot on his head, he marched furiously in the direction of the departing prince among ponies.

"Oh Spike..." Twilight said as she facehoofed.

"Rarity, you coming?"

"Oh! I suppose I should." She said a little uncertainly.

And with that, they set off after Spike. Cheerilee decided she wasn't letting the mute prince among ponies get away from her, so she took off behind them, eager to finally make acquaintances with the famous Mr. Ed.