• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 768 Views, 6 Comments

A Pony Out of Place - Robobrony



How would a pony from earth deal with finding himself in a world that is just impossible.

  • ...
4
 6
 768

Far From Home

A Pony Out of Place
Chapter 2: Far From Home

Our story continues in another land known as Equestria, more specifically, a small town called Ponyville. This small town had buildings made of wood with straw roofs. It was a quiet town, but today, Ponyville was having its own weather problems. It was close to morning, but it was hard to tell with the dark clouds and fierce wind blowing over the town. To make things worse, there was a tornado heading straight for the little town, it drew closer and closer, but before it actually hit the town, it faded out and was gone. Morning came and the clouds had dissipated over the town thanks to the pegasai in charge of the weather.

But what was of real importance was a huge gathering near the outside of town close to the town library. Twilight Sparkle, a unicorn with a light purple coat, dark blue mane and tail with a dark purple and pink stripe through it, and purple eyes was at the front of the crowd with her friends. Applejack was an earth pony with an orange colored coat with a blonde mane and tail tied up at the ends with red bands, three white freckles on each side of her face, wore a Stetson hat, and had green eyes.

Pinkie Pie was another earth pony with a light pink coat, a dark pink puffy mane and tail, and light blue eyes. Rainbow dash was a Pegasus with a sky blue coat and a rainbow colored messy mane and tail with ruby red eyes. Rarity was a unicorn with a white coat, violet colored mane and tail styled in curls with light blue eyes. Finally Fluttershy was a Pegasus with a soft yellow coat and a soft pink mane and tail that was rather long and had blue eyes.

They were all gathered in front of a strange green barn that seemed to come out of nowhere, the six ponies mentioned earlier were the ones at the front of the group of other ponies as they were usually the ones to deal with strange things. Applejack was the first to speak up with a country western accent. “Well I’ll be, where do ya think it came from Twilight?”

Twilight answered back with a voice that could very well belong to a teenage book worm. “I’m not sure, it’s like it just fell out of the sky.”

That’s when Pinkie interjected with a bubbly kind of squeaky voice. “I knew something was gonna fall, my Pinkie sense went off just this morning.”

Rarity then spoke up in an accent that could easily belong to any high society socialite. “Well, wherever it came from, it isn’t a very pleasant color.”

Before any pony else could say anything, they all heard a kind of moaning coming from within the barn. Rainbow Dash, with a kind of raspy tomboyish, voice spoke up. “Whoa, what was that, you don’t think it’s haunted do you?”

Fluttershy was a very timid Pegasus with a quiet soothing voice, the thought that this barn that seemed to come out of nowhere might be haunted scared her. “Oh my, I hope not.” The mere suggestion that it might be haunted also scared off all the other ponies as they ran back into town, leaving the six ponies to deal with this barn themselves.

Twilight didn’t believe in ghosts. “Oh pu-lease, there is no such thing as ghosts.” She said to Rainbow Dash. After she said that, another moan erupted from the barn.

Rainbow then spoke up again. “All right then miss smarty pants, prove it, go in there and see what that sound is.”


Twilight gave Rainbow an agitated look. “Fine, I’ll prove you wrong, I’m sure it’s just some poor pony in need of help.” With that, Twilight made her way over to the barn and used her magic to open it up a little for her to squeeze in.

She looked around the inside of the barn, there were ropes strewn about the floor and a pitchfork lying on the ground to the side. Rays of light were shining through holes in the roof which provided some illumination. Twilight called out. “Hello, is any pony in here?” Her answer was just another moaning sound. She looked to the back of the barn and could swear she saw a tail sticking out from behind a wooden divider almost as tall as her.

She quickly made her way over to the back of the barn and found a stallion pony lying on the floor with a dark grey coat and a black mane, tail and hooves with a bucket on his head covering his eyes. Twilight tried to talk to him. “Hello, are you all right?”

The pony stirred and got up, he spoke. “Oh, my head, what hit me, why can’t I see anything?”

Twilight smiled a little at the funny sight. “I think it’s because you have a bucket on your head.”

The pony was a little startled at the new voice. “Huh, who said that, who are you?”

Twilight thought it best to get the bucket off his head before introductions. “Why don’t we get that bucket off your head so we can talk.”

The pony agreed. “Good idea, it’s kind of hurting my head.”

“All right, brace yourself, on three.” Twilight was going to pull it off while the pony tried to push himself backwards. “One.” Twilight took hold of the bucket with her magic, ready to pull it off. “Two,….Three.” Twilight pulled while the pony pushed hard. After a second, the bucket came loose and both ponies fell backwards. Twilight was the first to get up.

The other pony rolled over on his belly and propped himself up on his front legs, he turned to Twilight to give his thanks. “Thank you for helping me get that bucket off-“ He cut himself off as he saw the pony before him. A huge smile appeared on his face and looked as if he were trying to keep himself from laughing, he let out a couple of snickers. He couldn’t contain himself any more. “BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA AH HAHAHA!”

Twilight looked down at the pony with a curious expression as he rolled on the floor through a laughing fit. “Just what is so funny?”

He tried to talk through his laughing. “HA HA YOURE HA HA HA YOURE COAT, AH HAHAHAHA YOUR MANE AND TAIL HA HA HA! YOU LOOK SO SILLY HA HA HA HA!”

Twilight then took on an angry look. “Just what is wrong with my mane, tail and coat?!”

The pony managed to stop himself from laughing so hard but was still snickering as he spoke. “I’m sorry tch, but you look like something from a fairy tale. Let me guess he he he, you are part of some company that dyes the coats of ponies to look more colorful for a little girl’s birthday party and they put a fake horn on you to make you look like a unicorn. HA ha ha, and what’s with those marks on your flank, a dark pink five pointed star with four small white ones around it, ha ha, this is just too rich.”

Twilight was really mad that this pony had practically offended her. “EXCUSE ME, my coloring happens to be natural, my horn is real, and the marks on my flank happen to be my cutie mark!”

That statement sent the pony into another laughing fit. “Cutie mark,…….BAH HA HA HA HA OH MY GOSH, THAT IS TOO MUCH HA HA HA OHHH HO OH HAH HA!”

That was the last straw, she levitated the bucket she helped him get off his head and swung it hard to hit him in the head with it. He fell down on his side and cried out in pain, ceasing his laughing fit. “OW, what did you do that for?” When he got up to speak to her, he saw the bucket floating in front of him with a purple aura around it. His mouth hung open as he saw that same aura surrounding the horn on twilight’s head. “But…..but…..that’s impossible……how are you doing that? You can’t be a real unicorn. They’re just a myth.”

Twilight then lowered the bucket and took on a slightly worried look that maybe this pony had a reason for acting the way he did. “What do you mean unicorns are a myth? Of course were real. Just where are you from anyway?”

“Where am I from?! Where are you from?! How is it your on my farm?.....wait a minute, this is a dream isn’t it? I knew all those fantasy stories Emily read to me was going to give strange dreams eventually.”

Twilight continued with her curious look. “Emily, who’s Emily? I’m afraid your mistaken, were not on your farm. Your barn is just outside Ponyville. And besides, if this was a dream, that bucket to the head wouldn’t have hurt would it?”

The pony's face took on a look of realization. “Your right, but then…..if that’s true……and you’re a real unicorn…..then…..I’m not on my farm am I.” He started to look very sad as his brown eyes started to water. “This can’t be, no no no no NO! THIS CAN’T BE TRUE THIS JUST CAN’T BE, WHERE’S EMILY, WHERES MY FARM, WHERE AM I!” The pony finally broke down and started to cry his eyes out as he lay on the floor.

Twilight started to feel sorry for the pony as she then realized that he had been separated from his home and someone he cared about. “Hey now, it’s all right, I’m sure we can figure this out, look, I’m sorry for hitting you with the bucket. Why don’t you come with me and I’ll help you try to figure this out ok.”

The pony then looked up at her through teary eyes and sniffed. “You-you mean it, you’d be willing to help me after I pretty much insulted you?”

Twilight gave him a big reassuring smile as she spoke. “Of course, I promise to do what I can to help. My name is Twilight Sparkle, what’s your name?”

The pony then got up, still with tears in his eyes. “My name is Shadow, and I’m sorry for laughing at you, it’s just that I’ve never met a real unicorn before.”

“It’s all right, come on, I’ll even introduce you to the rest of my friends.”

Shadow then took on a curious look. “Wait, there’s more of you?”

“Yes, well they’re not all unicorns, one of my close friends is, two of them are pegasai, and two others are earth ponies like you.”

“There are Pegasus ponies too, wow, if Emily was here, she’d have a blast.”

Twilight then got curious at this Emily Shadow kept bringing up. “Who is this Emily anyway?”

He took on a somber look. “She’s only my bestest friend in the world.”

Twilight then took on a reassuring smile. “Well don’t you worry, like I said, I will do my best to try and find a way to get you home.”

Shadow then looked up at Twilight and smiled. “Thanks Twilight Sparkle.”

“Just Twilight is fine.” And so, Twilight took the lead to head out of the barn with Shadow behind her.
As they were heading out though, Shadow heard a creaking above them. He looked up and saw a cross beam ready to fall. It came loose and was about to fall on Twilight. Thinking fast, he quickly ran forward and pushed Twilight out of the way just in time, only to have the cross beam land on him. Twilight quickly got up and looked back behind her to see why she was pushed.

When she turned, the site that greeted her was one that filled her with fear. Shadow had just saved her from being crushed from a big heavy cross beam, it was now on top of Shadow instead of her. “SHADOW!” She cried out. She quickly ran over to him to try and push the thing off of him but it was too heavy. She then turned to the barn door and opened it all the way. “GIRLS, QUICK, I NEED YOUR HELP!”

Applejack called back. “What is it Twi, what happened in there?”

“There’s no time to explain, there’s a pony who needs help now!” The girls all rushed in behind Twilight and saw a pony under a cross beam.

Rainbow Dash spoke up when she saw the scene. “What happened in here, is he okay?”

“Please just help me get that thing off of him and get him to the hospital!” The girls all complied, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were going to try and lift it while Twilight helped with her magic. They lifted the cross beam up and Fluttershy grabbed Shadow by the front hooves and pulled him out from under it.

Applejack then spoke up. “Quick, put him on my back, I’ll carry him to the hospital.” Rarity and Fluttershy carefully lifted Shadow up and gently placed him on Applejack’s back. With Shadow now on Applejack’s back the group left the barn and quickly made their way through the town to the hospital.