• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 1,048 Views, 16 Comments

The Whooves Collection Episode Two: Vengeful Hate - Perceptive Key



The Doctor and his new companion, Twilight Sparkle, head to the near future, much to Twilight's disdain, but upon arriving, find that something has been disturbing the town of Ponyville. Though it's hard to find a real monster during Nightm

  • ...
2
 16
 1,048

What Went Around...

Chapter 4
What Went Around...

Gaia; Equestria; Ponyville; Abandoned Dignitary Guesthouse; 1026 C.E.

The creature standing before the three time travelers had the angular head of a dragon, the strong body of a lion, the slick tail of a snake, the slim hind legs of a wolf, and the arms and hands of a human being but with clawed fingernails. It's scaly body rippled in the dim firelight, and its claws scraped against the wooden floorboards. The creature grinned wickedly, revealing dozens of razor sharp teeth.

"You have failed, Doctor," the voice of the creature was harsh, cold, and sent chills down everypony's spines, "I shall win this time!"

The Doctor shouted, "Stop this, now!"

"Why should I? I'm enjoying this too much!" he laughed.

"If you don't end this now, I'll-"

"Stop me?" the creature feigned fright. "I thought so. But I don't think that you would risk your little apprentice."

The dragon/pony creature that only Twilight had encountered jumped down from the ceiling, grabbed Twilight's head, and exposed her neck. The new creature took it's own pointed claws and gently placed them on her neck.

"Don't listen to him!" Twilight screamed, "Just sto-"

The creature clamped the struggling Twilight's mouth shut, preventing any further comments.

"Now, what'll it be, Doctor?" the mixed creature asked, "Me... or the girl?"

The Doctor looked between the two of them. He had to choose. Save Twilight or a stop future enemy at Twilight's expense.

"What is your name?"

Everypony turned to Future Twilight who stared up at the monster defiantly.

"What?" the creature asked her, giving a small chuckle.

"What is your name?"

"Why, what a ridiculous question for somepony who knows, already!" he laughed.

Future Twilight gave him a cool stare. "What. Is. Your. Name," Future Twilight enunciated each word with unwavering insistence, "I want them to know."

The creature sighed dramatically, "If you must know. It is... The Hate." The temperature in the room literally dropped briefly after he said it.

"Whose hate?" the Doctor asked.

"It's those pesky spoilers Doctor," the Hate chided playfully, "always getting in the way." He then grinned wickedly as both Twilights cried out in pain. The Hate breathed in deeply, his wicked smile growing wider. "It appears that I've reached full power," the Hate turned to Twilight, "Thank you Miss Sparkle. You've been a great help."

Twilight lost consciousness immediately upon hearing those words.

Future Twilight clutched her forehead in her hooves again and sat down.

"What's... going on... ungh... Doctor?" she said between small bursts of head pains.

"He's starting!"

The floor began to shake violently and bits of plaster and wood fell off of the already decrepit ceiling and walls. The floorboards shuddered and creaked loudly, some even snapped like twigs.

At first, a slight wind started in the room and picked up small papers and dust. Then, it grew stronger, pulling plaster and wood into a swirling vortex that surrounded Twilight, the Hate, and the third creature. The Doctor tried to get through, but the wall of dust and debris prevented him from doing so.

That's when a small patch of floor within the vortex was sucked into the ground and the portal appeared.

The Doctor realized that portal looked similar to the inside of the time vortex, and melded between shades of red and blue, sometimes mixing together to form varying degrees of purple. Streaks of lightning shot out of the portal and mixed in with the dust vortex surrounding the creatures and Twilight.

"I SHALL END HER, DOCTOR!" the Hate bellowed, his voice cutting through the noise of the swirling vortex, "AND I SHALL MAKE YOU SUFFER! I WILL MAKE YOU ALL SUFFER!"

The room was shaking under the amount of supernatural force battering the building. The portal began increasing in diameter, and the Hate's accomplice began pushing the unconscious Twilight toward its ever growing edge. A large, upholstered chair was picked up and thrown against the wall, relatively close to Future Twilight and the Doctor.

"Twilight!" Future Twilight shouted. Her head began to hurt more and more as Twilight got closer to the portal. "If you can hear me, help us! You can still stop him! You can still win! Remember Applejack! Remember Rainbow Dash! Remember everypony that you've ever known and loved! If you don't stop him now, he'll hurt everypony you care about! Please! Wake up!" Future Twilight began to feel her own consciousness slipping away. "Help us..." she trailed off, "please..." and she was out.

The Doctor put some figures together in his mind and he understood. "Twilight!" he called to her, "Twilight, can you hear me?! If you can, listen! You do have the power to help us! He's using your energy, your power! You still have control! You can stop him!"

Through a haze of confusion, Twilight's eyes opened slowly. The roaring wind and cracks of thunder were little more than that of a gentle breeze and twigs cracking under a hoof. She blinked a few times and noticed that she was being dragged towards the portal by the dragon-like minion. She craned her neck to look up at the multi-formed Hate creature who was shouting something at the Doctor, but it was muffled from her current dizziness and the storm.

That's when she heard the voice.

"Save them, Twilight. Save the Doctor and your friends. Save everypony you care about, everyone you know. Help save me."

The voice was a stallions, that much was certain. It was unfamiliar to her, but Twilight had a strange feeling, like she knew who it was.

"Who are you?" she asked it. She doubted that anypony would hear her over the noise, but she still said it in a whisper.

"A friend," it answered back softly, "a good friend."

"How are you talking to me," she whispered.

The voice suddenly became serious, "There isn't time to explain, but you have to hurry. You have to listen to my precise instructions."

"Alright," Twilight complied.

On the outside of the vortex, the Doctor watched Twilight's eyelids scrunch up in concentration. 'I think she's got it,' he thought.

"IT IS ALMOST TIME, DOCTOR!" the Hate shouted, he and his minion unaware of Twilight stirring next to them. "YOU WILL SOON FEEL WHAT TRUE TORTURE IS!"

Suddenly the room was engulfed in a brilliant explosion of bright light, and every creature in the room turned towards Twilight. Even Future Twilight snapped back into consciousness. Twilight was floating within the center of the vortex, a few feet above the gaping mouth of the portal, and her eyes were glowing a pure white.

"What is this?!" the Hate shouted, "What are you doing?!"

Twilight's body turned in his direction and her voice cut through the torrent of noises, "HATE, YOU HAVE COMMITTED MANY VIOLENT ACTS AGAINST THE INHABITANTS OF THIS UNIVERSE!" Her voice was layered with incredible power and echoed around the room. "SUCH CRIMES ARE PUNISHABLE BY DEATH!" Twilight's eyes lowered, "BUT I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING MUCH WORSE!"

Future Twilight looked at her past self in awe. "I remember this," she said quietly.

The Hate tried to grab Twilight, but was forced back by a wave of energy emanating from Twilight's body.

"YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR ACTIONS," she said. "NOW MEET YOUR FATE!"

The Hate then appeared to be grabbed by invisible bonds, and was being pulled into the portal, quickly. The minion creature screamed in terror as his own body was grabbed and thrown into the mouth of it, much more easily due to his size. The Hate struggled furiously, but was overpowered as Twilight's immense magic gave a final tug, and he fell in.

The Hate cried out, "You will DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!" and then he vanished.

The winds began to die down slowly. Luckily, it was moving slow enough for the Doctor to slowly begin close the distance between him and Twilight, but the portal still blocked his way even though it now began to shrink gradually.

"You can stop," he said, louder than a normal tone. The wind may have been dying down, but it was still making an audible noise and buffeting him to a degree.

Twilight's eyes began to dim slowly, returning to the normal purple. "Not yet," she said, her voice barely audible, "I still have something to do." Twilight's eyes finally returned to normal and she looked between her future self and the Doctor.

"I hope you find me, Doctor..." she smiled...

... And she began to fall towards the portal.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, readers. I couldn't stretch it out long enough without keeping you hanging.