• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 1,048 Views, 16 Comments

The Whooves Collection Episode Two: Vengeful Hate - Perceptive Key



The Doctor and his new companion, Twilight Sparkle, head to the near future, much to Twilight's disdain, but upon arriving, find that something has been disturbing the town of Ponyville. Though it's hard to find a real monster during Nightm

  • ...
2
 16
 1,048

From the Fire and Flames

Chapter 3
From the Fire and Flames

Gaia; Equestria; Ponyville; TARDIS; 1026 C.E.

The TARDIS doors were thrown open and the Doctor strode in purposefully. Only one thought residing in his mind at the moment. 'I am going to get Twilight back safely if it's the last thing I do.' Then suddenly, the Doctor felt a pang of guilt hit him. 'She's my responsibility now, and I'm not about to let an innocent life end!'

"Quickly, Doctor! We have to save her... er, me!" Future Twilight shouted, snapping him out of his trance.

"Then let's go!"

The red tracking line had stopped a few moments ago on the outskirts of the town. Future Twilight had identified it as the main building that any visiting dignitaries would have stayed in if visiting the village. According to her, it had been abandoned for nearly two decades because of severe structural damage that occurred shortly before its condemnation.

"Doctor, are you sure you can land without hurting anyone?"

"Yes, of course! It's easy," he replied, flipping a large lever and kicking the console.

Future Twilight rolled her eyes and thought, 'Same cockiness.'

"Help me out, here!" the Doctor ordered.

Future Twilight ran from control to control, pulling several levers and pressing different buttons. "Coordinates set."

"How did you-? Never mind. Now you need to-"

Future Twilight flipped a few switches and the TARDIS started shuddering.

VVRROOMMP! VVRROOM-

The Doctor reached for the controls and shut the TARDIS off quickly. He walked up to Future Twilight. "I was going to say that you need to tell me why you're not telling me anything."

"What do you mean?" she asked, eyes looking away briefly before focusing back on the Doctor.

"Why are you so worried? Usually, when I meet people, er, ponies, from the future that have dealt with their past problems, they're calm and know exactly what they're doing. They know that everything's going to be fine... but you don't." The Doctor examined Future Twilight before stepping back a pace, "You really don't know. Do you?"

She opened her mouth to protest, but nothing came out. "No, I don't," Future Twilight said at last, "I only remember getting on the TARDIS at the Library after the first trip. The rest is just one big blank!"

"Just checking. Now," the Doctor started the TARDIS back up, "How did you start the TARDIS?" the Doctor demanded an explanation.

"Spoilers," Future Twilight teased.

"Right," the Doctor gave an exasperated sigh.

The controls sparked and fizzed loudly. The Doctor went to them and held down a lever before letting go and gripping the handrail. Future Twilight did the same.

"ALLONS-Y!" the Doctor and Future Twilight cheered in unison.

Gaia; Equestria; Ponyville; Abandoned Dignitary Guesthouse; 1026 C.E.

The fire sputtered and cracked in the hearth.

The creature raised his head and said, "I sense it, too. They are coming."

The fire flared and burned brighter.

"Yes, Master. I shall begin the transfer." The creature hurried over to the unconscious Twilight and undid the magical bindings. It took some effort, but he was able to drag her towards the center of the room.

As Twilight's body neared the fire, the fire burned more intensely and her own body began emitting a dim, violet radiance. The creature saw this and began to draw an arrow and a circle, out of the burned wood from the fire, on the wooden floor, pointing to the fire. He drew a symbol representing fire, he sprinkled some ashes at it's base, and finally, on Twilight's cutie mark.

Anything lighter than a pebble in the room was slowly blowing around, and the steadily increasing VVRROOMMP was becoming more noticeable.

Twilight's body glowed brighter and, very very slowly, her lavender coat began to fade to grey.

"Excellent!" the fire spoke for the first time, its voice being harsh and deep, "It has begun..."

Back on the TARDIS...

... Future Twilight clutched her forehead and staggered back a few paces before wrapping her hooves back around a rail, which is quite a harrowing experience in a moving TARDIS.

The Doctor noticed her and shouted above the noise, "WHAT'S WRONG?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!" Future Twilight shouted back. "IT'S STRANGE!"

The TARDIS flew over the town square and narrowly avoided a collision with the town hall. It spun through the air blindly as it approached their destination. The building was coming up fast.

"BRACE YOURSELF!" the Doctor shouted.

Future Twilight did so, and just in the nick of time. The TARDIS crashed through the walls on the second story of the guesthouse, plowed through a master bedroom, ripped through the staircase, and slammed into the first floor dining room. When the smoke and dust cleared, the Doctor threw open the doors, his form silhouetted within the outline of the TARDIS.

Gaia; Equestria; Ponyville; Abandoned Dignitary Guesthouse; 1026 C.E.

"Nice, *cough*, landing," Future Twilight said sarcastically.

"No need to be rude!" the Doctor retorted. "Its not like I blew up the place."

The pair rushed through the house and burst into the main parlor. There they saw Twilight, lying still, her colored coat and mane continually greying over. Future Twilight began to run over, but she stopped because of a searing pain in her head. She cried out and fell next to her past self, who began to stir.

"Ah, ah, ah! I wouldn't do that if I were you," a deep, raspy voice echoed throughout the well sized room. The fire in the hearth glowed a deep red-orange as the flames leapt off the wooden logs. "Raw power has its ups and downs, so no touching!"

"Who's there?" the Doctor shouted. He looked around the room but only found the fire. "By order of the Shadow Proclamation, I order you to show yourself!"

The fire increased in size and strength, and a pair of pitch-black eyes appeared within the red-hot flames. "Oh, calm yourself, Doctor. Don't break that... annoyingly... clever persona of yours."

The Doctor pulled out his screwdriver with his mouth and aimed it at the fire. After a quick scan, he went cross-eyed looking at the device, but could still see it clearly enough to get a reading.

"That's not possible!" he said in disbelief, "You shouldn't be alive. Your form is unstable, but... you are alive. How?"

"My followers are quite caring. Plus, I have your little pet's aura keeping me company."

"You shouldn't be doing this! Don't you know what it will do to her?!" The Doctor looked at both Twilights, "To both of them?!"

"Yes, I'm well aware, but I don't care about that," the fire creature dismissed the Doctor.

Future Twilight moved away from her past self and limped toward the Doctor. "What's it going to do to us?"

"He's draining Twilight's magical energy. Enough to put a hole straight through the fabric of space and time."

"But what will it do to me and her?"

"He's going to drain all of her energy, and he's going to use that power to practically delete the two you from existence." The Doctor addressed the fire, "But that sort of mental output would kill you. Wouldn't it?"

"Ms. Sparkle..." the fire said to Future Twilight, as if he was expecting an answer.

"He just might succeed," Future Twilight said.

The Doctor just stared at her, a worried expression spread across his face.

"That power may be unstable, but he can use the controllable bit of the magical force to anchor his mind to any point in my timeline. That way, he can continue his existence, but with slightly limited abilities."

"But why you?" the Doctor asked, "There are thousands of other ponies and magical creatures. Why Twilight?"

"Spoilers, Doctor." Future Twilight cried out again as another shot of pain ran through her head.

Twilight, who had been gaining consciousness slowly, focused on her Future self, and she saw a brief tear run down her future cheek.

The sound of a deep intake of breath came from the fire and a glowing mouth suddenly appeared. "Ahhhhhhhhhh. It appears that Miss Sparkle's back with us. Let the screams of agony commence."

The building shook and the fire's size increased dramatically. The Doctor and Future Twilight staggered back from the fire and hit the wall. A warm wind, that slowly became hotter, began blowing through the room and the pair had to shield their eyes. Twilight, back on the floor, was experiencing the worst of it and would be scarred for a while if she lived through this ordeal.

The fire was now beginning to change shape. Two large, scaly arms reached out of the fire and gripped the wooden floorboards, snapping them and shredding them to pieces. An equally scaly head emerged, followed by two legs and a tail. The creature that now stood within the hall was nearly fifteen feet tall and its horns scraped the wooden ceiling above.

"At last!" the creature boomed, "I shall unleash all of HELL!"

Author's Note:

Yay! A terrifying monstrosity!