• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 3,062 Views, 33 Comments

Snowflakes in Love - Onyxfire408



Snowdrop was always missing something, sure she inspired all of Cloudsdale to make snowflakes. But what she was really missing is the special snowflake she would treasure forever.

  • ...
0
 33
 3,062

Chapter 4

Chapter 4
True Colors

Sharp Spell had just finished his last batch of snowflakes for the winter season. He wiped away his sweats of hard work as he picked up his tray of art through levitation as he carried it towards the cloud station. As he trotted towards the orchards of clouds, he levitated his flakes to the nearest cloud as he carefully poured his art inside the white puff. He smiled at his achievement as he took off his lab coat and gear, returned them to the factory staff and trotted down the fluffy streets of Cloudsdale. As he trotted he looked around for Snowdrop to show her something that could change her life forever, problem is, where is she?

Where is she?

You like her don't you?

Well she's.....kinda cute.

HA I KNEW IT!

Maybe she's at The Sweet Puff. Sharp theorized as he trotted around the cloud town. After several minutes of wondering around the puffy town, Sharp found the marshmallow shaped building as he saw several ponies inside. He walked inside as he saw Surprise flying to several pegasi with orders balancing on her mane and tail as she served them with happy smiles and food. She noticed Sharp was standing at the door as a massive smile cracked on her face as she flew in front of the stallion.

"Hiya Sharpy!" Surprise greeted in a hyper tone as Sharp facehooved himself.

"Please don't call me that...ever..." Said the blue unicorn in a low tone causing the pegasus to giggle.

"Sorry, but I love nicknames. So, what can I getcha?" Asked the waitress pegasus as she pulled out a pencil and a notepad.

"Acutally, I was looking for Snowdrop, have you seen her?" Asked the curious unicorn.
.

"Nope sorry." Sharp hung his head in disappointment. "Why are ya looking for her anyways?" Asked the white pegasus.

"Well, I-" Sharp paused as he scratched the back of his head.

"You like her don't you?" Surprise predicted wit ha grin as Sharp turned scarlet.

"I-I-I-I uhhh....." Sharp started to sweat as bullets of sweat started to rain down his head. He swallowed down a pill of guilt and embarrassment as he gave out a massive heavy breath. "Y-Yes... I like her." Sharp admitted as he turned to a deep bloody red, as Surprise started to snicker mischievously.

"Well I'm happy for you, are you going to tell her?" Surprise asked as she hung upside down.

"Well, I need to give her something first. Mind keeping this a secret." Sharp pleaded.

"Yep. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Surprise said as she made multiple gestures leaving Sharp confused.

"......what?"

"Oh nothing, now back to Snowdrop. I think I saw her at her house helping her mom."

"Thanks." And with that Sharp left the cloudy cafe and trotted across the cloudy town. He reached Primrose's house as he could see Snowdrop and her mother tending flowers on a nearby cloud. He emitted a light on his horn as he guided a few clouds to make himself a path towards the small cloud house. He hopped from one cloud to another as he reached the small landscape of the house. "Hey Snowdrop." Sharp greeted in a gleaming tone as Snowdrop turned with a beaming smile.

"Oh, hi Sharp, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I just finished my last batch of snowflakes, I thought that I might help you out with your flowers." Offered Sharp as Primrose gave a loving smile at Sharp.

"Yes, we would love that. Thank you Sharp." Primrose thanked with a loving soft tone as Sharp levitated a potting shovel and started to dig into the soil. He picked up a fresh group of snowdrops as he plugged it into the soil and patched up the remaining cracks with dirt.

"Hey uh Snowdrop?" Sharp started as Snowdrop gave a questionable look at him. "I was wondering, if you wanted to hang out tonight, y'know?" Sharp asked with a blush as Snowdrop blushed even deeper.

"Umm...well...I guess so." Snowdrop said as her coat became a small red polish. "What are we going to do?"

"I wanted to try something new with magic, and it's well.... something I've been kinda wanting to do." Sharp explained in weakly as he scratched the back of his head. "Y'see, it's a very advanced spell and it only works once in a unicorn's lifetime. I was hoping you would help me out, feel free to say no of course." Sharp asked with a blush as Snowdrop looked at her mother who nodded in agreement.

"Umm.... okay, sure I'll uh... go."

"Great, meet me at my place around 8." Sharp said as he galloped off towards the main cloud town. Snowdrop stood there confused as her mother started to giggle."

"You like him don't you Snowdrop?" Primrose asked in a giggle as Snowdrop turned scarlet.

"M-Mother, please I-" Snowdrop's head started to polish and turn red as she look around. After a few seconds, she gave a heavy sigh as her coat became unpolished. "Y-Yes, I...like him mother. Are you mad?"

"What? Of course I'm not mad Snowdrop, I wan't you to be happy all your life. I've seen you spread happiness across winter, now I want you to experience it a different way." Her mother confessed as Snowdrop embraced her mother and shed a few tears.

"Thank you mother." Snowdrop said through her tears as Primrose returned the gesture.

"Of course, anything for my daughter."


Hours passed as Sharp was in his hotel room as Luna's moon was shinning out in the night . He grabbed his saddlebags as he filled it with books, scrolls, paper, ink, quills, and even more books. He looked around to see if anything else he had missed before his big project. He opened his room door as his face made contact with a hoof as he fell back eyes closed. "Sharp! Sweet Celestia, are you okay?" At the door was Snowdrop who was about to knock the door, instead, he knocked Sharp upside the head. Snowdrop leaned in towards the unicorn as she took a look at his grey coat. It was grey like a storm cloud, she looked at his black mane which was messy and spiky causing the pegasus to blush. "Oh....my..." The pegasus started to blush to a scarlet color as she leaned in closer to the stallion's head.

Ohhhhh.... he's so cute.

Should I kiss him?

Oh I don't know.

I don't think he likes me back.

Mmmmmmaybe I could just give a peck on his cheek. Thought Snowdrop as she leaned in closer to the unconscious stallion's head. She puckered up her lips as they were mere centimeters away from the stallion's grey cheeks.

"Ugh." Sharp moaned in a small pain as Snowdrop turned scarlet and quickly sprung back away from Sharp. Sharp slowly opened his eyes as he could see Snowdrop in front of him. His face turned scarlet as he started to sweat bullets. He stood up as they both eyed away from each other in embarrassment. "Umm.... let's just go to the cloudy fields. That's where we'll meet the princess." Sharp said as he avoided their embarrassing situation. Snowdrop nodded as the two proceeded out of the hotel and towards a empty large landscape of white fluff.


Celestia sat on her haunches on a small blanket drinking tea as she gazed down on the landscape of Equestria. She could her clouds being squeezed from hooves as she looked behind her to find Snowdrop and Sharp Spell together. "Ah, hello you two. Are you ready for Sharp's experiment?" Asked Celestia as she gave a quick wink towards Sharp.

"Yep." The two said simultaneously as Sharp walked next to Celestia.

"Now Snowdrop, you might feel a slight tingling sensation during the spell. So try not to move, or close your eyes." Warned Sharp as Snowdrop nodded in agreement. "Alright, stand still." Sharp instructed as his and Celestia's horn both started to shine as a circle of light started to surround Snowdrop. beams of light started to surround the pegasus as her eyes started to light up like fire and her eye lids started to twitch in slight tickle. "Don't do it Snowdrop! If you close you're eyes then the spell will fail!" Barked Sharp as Snowdrop endured her eye twitching as Sharp and Celestia's horns both grew bright. Soon, Sharp's left eye started to glow as it slowly started to fade into grey, Snowdrop's eyes started to shade into a darker blue as Sharp yelled in pain. "All....most...got...it!!!" Sharp yelled through pain as all the lights burst into pitch black and then nothing as the three ponies all blew back some feet. Snowdrop crashed on the cloud ground unharmed as Celestia flew up and gained levitation from her wings, as for Sharp, he was nowhere to be found.

"Sharp, Sharp where are you?" Worried Celestia as she flew upward to get a better view. She could see her student on the cloud ground yards away from the magic sight.

"Princess, do you see...him...?" Snowdrop drifted off as she could see something different. She could see something strange, it wasn't grey, nor black, nor white. "W-What is this?" Asked Snowdrop as a tear shed from her eye. She whipped away the tear with her hoof, but she paused as she looked at her own hoof, it was....different. "C-Celestia, what has happened to me!?" Asked Snowdrop in panic.

"I think I can answer that." Snowdrop looked up as she could see a gray stallion with a red spiky mane. He had patches of black all over his body. She could also see that one of his eyes had a white retina in it while the other had a red retina in it.

"W-Who are you?" Snowdrop asked the stallion as he chuckled and smiled at the pegasus.

"Snowdrop, it's me. Sharp, and I just did something special for you." Claimed Sharp as he helped up the pegasus.

"W-What did you do to me Sharp, and what happened to your eye!?" Snowdrop asked in panic as the stallion chuckled softly.

"Snowdrop, welcome to the world of Color"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the slow updates, I'll keep trying to work on these while studying for finals. 2 weeks left until freedom... *gulp*

Don't worry, there's still more btw.