• Published 7th Apr 2013
  • 1,033 Views, 26 Comments

Dashie's First Day - ForteFermata



Rainbow Dash is finally ready for her first day of Flight School! When she gets there, though, things don't go quite how she expected.

  • ...
1
 26
 1,033

Chapter 6

About ten minutes before Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy arrived back to the classroom...

Mr. Gale was teaching. "And as you glide, the air going over your wing travels faster than the air under..." He said, teaching the class basic aerodynamics and flight techniques. He knew that most of the class wasn't paying attention. Most of them knew this already. It was fine with him if they didn't pay attention. It was their grade on the line. What bothered him were the three jocks. All three of them were sitting right behind the muscular colt, Bulk Biceps. Mr. Gale knew he would have to keep an eye on them from the moment he walked into the room. He had a keen eye for troublemakers, and it seemed like he had a ripe batch right here.

The three jocks were silently making fun of Bulk's tiny wings. At least, that is what Mr. Gale thought they were snickering about. He wasn't going to say anything to them. They weren't disrupting the rest of the class. This didn't last

The three had the brilliant idea to try and tie a string around the base of Bulk's wings. Now, for most pegasi, this wouldn't be a problem. For Bulk, however, this was a major problem. His small wings needed all the mobility they could get, and any limitations on that mobility would render him unable to fly. The jocks knew this.

They didn't get away with it, though. There were many factors that lead to their getting caught. They hid behind the large muscular colt, blocking Mr. Gale's view of what they were doing, but it didn't block the view of one of Bulk's best friends, Storm Chaser. When she saw what the jocks were trying to do, she raised the alarm.

"Hey! Stop that!" She cried. This, naturally, caused the class to turn and look at the commotion, including Bulk Biceps.

"Huh?" He said as he turned in his seat. "Hey!" He yelled as he realized what they were trying to do. Though, instead of retaliating, as most ponies would think he would do, he clambered over the desk, trying to get away from the three bullies. The three were irked that their practical joke had failed, and the dark brown one, Dumb-Bell turned toward's Storm Chaser.

"What'd ya do that for?" He said, pushing the filly. Bulk saw this assult on his friend, and his mind switched to defence. He jumped towards Dumb-Bell, tackling the colt to the ground. The two other jocks sat, shocked, before regaining their awareness and jumping on Bulk's back.

"YEAH!" Bulk yelled as he reared up, easily dislodging his two assailants. At this opening, though, Dumb-Bell got up and jumped, headbutting Bulk in the stomach. The muscular white colt fell backwards, landing on his back. Before Dumb-Bell could get the jump on Bulk, though, he felt a hoof on his shoulder. When he looked up, Mr. Gale was standing there, towering over the colt, a stern look on his face.

"Tell me, son. Do you really think you can take on this young colt?" Mr. Gale said, indicating Bulk Biceps.

"I can take on anypony. Let me at him!" Dumb-Bell said, tugging towards Bulk, who was getting back to his hooves. Mr. Gale's grasp held firm, though.

"I'm pretty sure that would be a bad idea." Mr. Gale said, looking over at Bulk Biceps. The colt was just standing there, staring at Dumb-Bell. Mr. Gale's trained eyes saw that the colt's legs were tense, indicating a readiness to attack. That attack, if it were allowed to come, would probably knock Dumb-Bell out cold. Maybe that's what he needed... "Do you honestly believe you can take him?"

"Yeah! Come on, he started it! Let me finish it." Dumb-Bell said, tugging harder against Mr. Gale's hoof on his shoulder.

"Okay. Have it your way." Mr. Gale said with a smile. He let go of Dumb-Bell, and the dark brown colt shot forward towards Bulk. The white colt was ready for him, though, and whipped around, bringing his hind legs to the front. As Dumb-Bell closed on Bulk, he realized what was about to happen, but he was going to fast to stop it. He slammed against the bookshelves in the back of the classroom as Bulk bucked him, kicking out with his hind legs, his hooves making solid contact with Dumb-Bell's chest. Dumb-Bell struggled to get up, but then collapsed, dazed, as his friends ran up to him.

"Hoops, Score, would you please escort Dumb-Bell to the nurse, then promptly report to the principal's office for your punishment?" Mr. Gale said, his voice calm and level. The remaining two jocks looked at him, then at Bulk, and nodded vigorously. They lifted Dumb-Bell and carried him out of the room. The rest of the class had their gaze fixed on Mr. Gale. "Now, if anypony else is looking to disrupt my class with pointless shenanigans, I'll gladly let them have a word with Bulk. If not, lets say we all pay attention from now on, hm?" Mr. Gale said as he walked to the front of the class, righting desks as he went. Bulk and Storm Chaser went back to their seats, and Mr. Gale continued teaching, just as if nothing had happened.

Comments ( 7 )

2426820 not if I cut both your wings!

Snowflake you badass you...

but he was going to fast to stop it.

too

I hope there will be some sort of sequel to this story. There's a lot of material to easily expand upon.

2538910
That's a Star Fox reference. Feel free to ignore it.
2539056
I do plan to eventually put in at least two more chapters. One to finish the story, with Dash taking Fluttershy home and their first flight lesson, and then a bonus chapter showing parts of it from a certain muscular ponies point of view. I haven't been able to get to it yet because of 1) dang writers block, and 2) I'm working with a couple of other people on another story, and that's taking a lot of time.

That being said, what other things could I expand upon? I'm always open to ideas :twilightsmile:

2541517 Well, just more adventures in flight school that span more than one day, more troubles with the bullies, an origin on how Derpy's eyes got derped, maybe include Gilda at some point. It's not like you have to expand upon things like this, I just think it would be cool to. But that's your choice. Either way MUSTACHES! :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Login or register to comment