• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,107 Views, 30 Comments

A heart to thou - The Psychopath



The white changeling must find Cadence and learn about emotions before they destroy it from the inside

  • ...
2
 30
 1,107

Gaze upon my form

A tall form raised itself upon the horizon, its holed hooves standing firmly about the green grass of the hilltop, and its body resisting effortlessly against the stormy winds. The skies had turned dark, and this was announcing an impending rainstorm. Several ponies in Canterlot were already closing up their shops in haste hoping to flee from the storm in time. Some had been preparng umbrells and such for their restaurants. After all, there were many clients who appreciated to eat outside when it was raining. A best way to gain money is to cater to everyone's needs. Observing the fear in some of the ponies and griffins, the figure tilted its head in confusion. It did not understand this concept and these expessions. Many times over has this being encountered this...this 'emotion', but it did not understand it. It caused prisoners to stutter, tremble uncontrollably, sweat profusively, and, in extreme cases, urinate themselves.

What was causing these form of changes to their physique and their train of thought? Was it a source of untapped power? There was most certainly an opposite to the current elements of harmony that the figure had learned about, but it had yet to find them. Its first train of thought came from a basis that emotions all had opposites, and that learning negative emotions would give a favor over positive. He had failed to find these opposites. The only loss in his travels, though, were the lives he erased from existence. Nopony would remember, nor will they. The subjects of deceit were insignificant to life.

To anybody else, these actions would have dire consequences on their psyche, but not with the white changeling. Oh no. Looking about, he observed every creature he could before he leapt from his ledge. There was a couple arguing about their offspring. The male denied his want for it, supplementing his own argument about monetary needs while the female countered with her own, stating that a child would make them happier. The white changeling did not understand, as his hive had thousands of 'children'. Another group, seemingly soaked up with alcohol, were chanting some obscene musical. This was faulty to their health, yet they seemed happy and continued drinking despite it, even when others around them tried to help them stand up and take away their beverages.

"These creatures are strange beings." the changeling clutched its chest, "But if I am to understand these pains in my body when images of that vile changeling queen come about in my mind, I must learn from them. I sense the decay of this body due to these things. There are hundreds of other hives. Why this one in particular? Hm? My knowledge will not aid me in these things. I should proceed as quickly as possible."

Ignoring the strikes of thunder announcing the impending doom, the changeling creature hopped off of its ledge and landing gently on a roof, barely making more than simple tapping noises. It hurried along each roof, performing acrobatic feats uncommon for the common changeling. However, its new body, fir for a king, eased these actions and produced less train compared to its previous, basic changeling build.

Finally, after skipping along a few buildings, the rain began to fall down like sharp icicles. Many of the more sensitive ponies still in the streets yiped in minor pain as the freezing shards pricked their skin through their fur. The white changeling ignored every moment of the ice hitting its shell, preferring to concentrate on more important things than pain.

The castle had come into view, illuminated by the occasional lightning bolt. Its gigantic doors and stone walls towered over everything that even dared to approach its existance. All these were supplemented by a massive amount of guards patrolling the walls. Knowing that the princess would most certainly be hidden from him if he came in and alerted everypony, the changeling morphed its hooves to take the shape of two spikes each. Carefully, it jumped off another roof, used its wings to glide quickly in the shadows, then latched itself onto the wall with silence. Despite the small noises being created with each hoof being pulled off the wall, the white changeling managed to sneak up onto the ledge to jump on the other side of the wall. However, it stopped quickly and looked to the right. Two guards were talking about his hive.

"Hey, did you hear?"

"About what?"

"There's supposedly a new hive in the rain forest near here. They say that it's a giant white changeling that controls it."

"So...an albino queen?"

"No! That's just it! We don't know what it is. Some ponies have been saying that its always been like that, and that it's actually a male."

"What? Nonsense. How could it create a hive?"

"I've heardr from the few explorers that have gone to capture it that that thing created a new form of changeling to accomodate that...aspect of things."

"Oh? Really?" the guard asked with skepticism."And did these explorers tell you diretly?"

"Well...no...but...It was more of mouth to ear..."

"Ah. That's what I thought."

"Hey! What was that?!"

"What?"

One of the guards jumped behind his friend to catch...Nothing. There was nothing, leaving the guard perplexed.

"Huh?"

"It's probably just the lightning reflecting off the water."

"Yeah. You're probably right. I could've sworn I saw something white, though."

He had done it. The most important portion of his infiltration had succeeded. Now all that was left was to get into the castle of the two princesses and find Cadance. With any luck, they would most certainly not try and defy him. In the worst case scenario, knowing the erratic behavior of these creatures, Cadance would never teach him anything if he wounded any 'close' to her. This was a tricky situation. Looking about and hiding behind one of th trimmed bushes lining the path directed linked to the entrance of the castle grounds, the changeling looked around for a possible entrance. The doors were out of the question, and the windows seemed closed as well.

Being a changeling, the creature could take the shape of a guard, but that would most certainly cause some problems. He would change into one once he reached the chamber of Cadance. Hope was starting to seem out of reach, until a strong gust of wind blasted one of the windows open, to which the white changeling saw as an opportunity. Using this, he quickly flew up to the window, slipped through, then turned into one of Celestia's guards, ignoring all the water dripping from his body. He preferred to close the door and look around this rather narrow corridor. It looked like a hallway that lead to sleeping chambers. Judging by the doors on each side of the walls, and the carpet on the ground, the changeling figured he still had some work to do.

This was a small bit of the castle, but knowing how to overhear things, the changeling went about the area to leave this cramped space, and leave it he did. This new portion of the castle was the main appearance of the castle, what with the whitened tiles on the ground and mant decorations along the walls, such as armor and sculptures. Ignoring the passing guards, the white changeling continued along its path to find someething to indicate the emplacement of that princess. Many of the grouped guards simply talked alot, mainly of things of great disinterest. The white changeling grew more tired of these searches until he found a guard with a particular appearance. He was not morphed by his armor. In fact, his sleek blue mane and tail remained the same. The changeling listened in on his conversation, but got into a more direct communication:

"You!" the pony yelled.

"Yes?" the changeling answered with a very calm demeanor, his face utterly devoid of emotion.

"That's 'yes, sir'."

"Yes, sir?"

"Better. Go upstairs and guard my wife, Princess Cadance. I don't want anything to happen to her while I'm gone."

"Of course. Just a word for knowledge. I'm a new recruit here, so some directional indications would be highly appreciated."

"Really? Well, welcome to the royal guards."

"Thank you."

"Her chambers are up the stairs, as I told you. Take a left, then go straight. When you reach the end of the corridor, there should be another one to your right leading to a reception hall. Her room is right in front of it."

"Okay. Thank you, sir."


The stallion nodded and continued his path along with his guards, although one seems sceptical of this 'newcomer', but kept the thoughts to himself. The white changeling, on the other hoof, continued forward and found some stairs, following his instructions to the letter. Sure enough, there was one guard waiting in front of the door, said door having a large heart carved into it, and painted in pink.

"Ah. There you are. I was waiting for you. We're the new shift. Good. Let's--"

The guard started to choke as it found itself high in the air, a hoof wrapped around its neck.

"I have no need for you, but erasing you would not be contructive. I will, therefore, simply knock you out." he spoke coldly as he tossed the guard over his shoulder.

Said projectile smashed through the locked doors and into the hall, skidding gently to a halt as he touched the ground.

"What was that?" a voice asked from behind te door.

The changeling passed through, its disguise still intact, and met the pony he was looking for. Her pink coat and bizarrely colored mane and tail estranged him completely. This room, in itself, was awfully painful to look at. It was almost entirely pink, but with correct decorations to accomodate her mate. A rather large bed with a bright blue color to it, enormous windows leading outside, a wardrobe with clothes for both, this was a simple room. The Princess had been working on some paperwork for the Crystal Kingdom despite her visit in Canterlot.

"Guard, what happened? Is everything alright?"

"Yes. Nothing to concern yourself with. Somepony simply tripping over one of the decorative armors."

She gave a sigh of relief. "Thank you. I was worried for a moment. That pony isn't hirt, are they?"

"Not at all."


"Captain Shining Armor?" the sceptical guard asked.

"Yes?"

"I checked through my notes. We haven't had a new recruit for two months."

"So? It's not like that's...enough...ALERT ALL GUARDS! Get to Cadance! Hurry! I'll go first!"

"YES, SIR!"


An alarm suddenly burst into screams as the whole castle was put on high alert, startling Cadance right away.

"What's going on? An intruder? Oh no!"

The changeling closed the door behind him and slowly began to breathe more heavily. Having enough experience, and paying close attention to that excessive staring and emotionless eyes, the princess figured out everything rather quickly after the alarm.

"You aren't a pony, are you?"

The guard shook his head.

"A changeling from Chrysalis?"

He shook his head again.

"What are you, then?"

The form of te stallion suddenly took a much taller proportion, easily reaching Celestia's height. His body had a more elongated appearance than a normal changeling, giving it a rather royal appearance. His fangs didn't seem to show. Rather, they bent into his mouth like a snake's. His red wings and neck fins seemed to flutter with the purpose of simply extending their strained positions. Even his holed tail was red.

"I want you to teach me what emotions are."

Cadence's mind suddenly cracked. This wasn't what she was expecting. She had rather expected something along the lines of 'I'll kill you, then, with your body, I'll conquer the whole of Equestria'.

"What?" she asked with a heightened crack in her voice.

"CADANCE!" a stallion yelled. "Hey! You! Get away from my wife!"

The changeling did not react as the stallion pounced towards him.