• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 338 Views, 4 Comments

Xenophage: Part 1 - slayer792



This is the first part to a long story, Xenophage. Xenophage follows the six new gaurdians, Orion, Nathan, James, Zed, Willam, and Layla All of them hail from our world. Terra.

  • ...
4
 4
 338

The Storm

Xenophage
Equestria
Chapter V
The Storm
__________________________________________________________________________________
Canterlot Royal Hall.

“So, you’re the one who broke off one of my guard’s horns?” Asked Princess Celestia. Nathan and her had locked eyes ever since Nathan stepped in the room. Orion whispered some thing to James and John. Nathan, Zed, and Layla couldn’t hear what he said. Celestia jumped off her throne and and landed a few feet in front of Nathan, this made both Zed and Layla tense. “Are you the one? Animal?” Asked Celestia. Orion was glad he told James and John what he told them. In the blink of an eye Nathan had grabbed Celestia by the neck and slammed her into the marble wall then tossed her on the floor. He raised his fist to deliver a killing blow, however it was stopped by Orion once again. Zed and Layla were also attacking the guards, however John overpowered Layla and James overpowered Zed ever so slightly.

“That is quite enough, Nathan!” Boomed Orion, true they held the same power, Orion had more knowledge than Nathan, and with knowledge comes power. “You have just made the biggest mistake you could ever make. I’ll fix it but, DO NOT DO IT AGAIN!” Boomed Orion as he snapped his fingers. With a flash, Nathan was standing behind the door, heard a guard call some thing out.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Canterlot Royal Throne Room.

“What?! What just happened?!?!” screamed Celestia as she felt her jaw.

“Sister what is wrong?!” Asked Luna in the most alarmed voice. The flow of Celestia’s mane had left her, this only happened when she was truly scared. Her eyes widened as the six bipeds walked into to her thoron room, tall and prouder than, Blueblood the IX.

“First rule, never, ever, under any circumstances call me an animal!” Yelled Nathan as he place his weapon on his back with his left hand and pointed at Celestia with the other. Celestia was shivering with fear, only moments ago this, ‘thing’ nearly killed her. Now it making sure she knew her place.

“You will speak only when spoken to!” Boomed Luna in the ‘Royal Canterlot Voice’. This made Orion grin. He sent a message to all in their HUD.

“Don’t respond to her. She dosen’t know our names, let’s mess with her” Read Orion’s message. True he is the spirt of Order, but that dosen’t mean he can’t have fun.

“What are you creatures doing here?” Asked Luna in her royal Canterlot voice. No one responded. This made Luna’s blood boil, just a moment ago her sister became extremely scared, the six bipeds walk in, one yells at her, and now they are playing games. “As the Princess of the night I command you to respond!!” Boomed Luna, what came next alarmed her, one of the two middle ones pulled his helmet off and took a step forwards.

“I am the Spirit of Order and Life! You shall not command me!” Boomed Orion, matching and exceeding Luna’s voice as he looked up at her. Luna’s face now matched Celestia’s face. Both were fearing what the saw. Orion had placed his helmet back on and took a step back.

“Okay, stop with the dick measuring contest. Tell them why we’re here. Or we can leave and never come back.” Said Layla as she walked in front of Orion and glared at him, the glare pierced his helmet and met his eyes.

“Very well.” Said Orion as he walked back and turned around. “We are here because we were tasked with helping Equestria in any way possible, Equestria as a whole, not just Canterlot. This includes the Griffin, Hippogriffs, Diamond Dogs, Dragons, and all other life.” Finished Orion as he returned to his place.

“May I speak?” Asked a blue mare in gold and purple armor.

“Yes Captain Lunamoon, you can speak.” Replied Celestia in a shaky voice.

“Thank you Princess, if you are here to help us why the display?” Asked Trixie.

“We had to do good deeds to become the new Guardians, some of us have deep scares, some of them never healed.” Replied Orion as he looked over to James and Nathan.

“Ah, I see, what kind of deeds?” Asked Trixie. Zed shrugged and replied for Orion.

“Medical care, front line combat, some of us even made and lost great friends.” Said Zed who looked over to Layla was holding six old dog tags, all different. One a gear, one glowing blue, one small and thin, one gold, one blowing red and green. Each meant some thing to her. Celestia noticed this.

“How many did you lose?”Asked Celestia. Layla’s response was a shake of the head.

“Medical care? How so?” Asked Trixie.

“Field medical, hospital, heart trance-plants. You know the stuff that messes with people, you remember most of it.” Said James as he looked to the ground. 'This is turning around, but how do we know they are telling the truth?' Thought Luna.

“May I read your minds, just to see if you speak the truth?” Asked Luna. Nathan immediately looked at Orion and opened a COMM.

“Should we? I could mess her up.” Said Nathan.

“Not use, let her read Zed’s and John’s. Their experiences are not that bad.” Said Orion

“Zed had to eat another person to survive on the side of a mountain, under a god damned tree!" Said Nathan, who was feeling very sympathetic towards Luna.

“Right, that. Well, John did have that one plasma accident.” Said Orion

“Right, when he was finding bits of his coworker in his hair for weeks?” Asked Nathan as he let out a light chuckle.

“Yeah, that’s the one. It doesn't matter, she knows now, you didn't mute your helmet.” With that Orion closed the COMM, Nathan turned to see a stoic Luna and a mortified Celestia.

“Very well, I shall not read your minds.” Said Luna rather quietly

“Very well why don’t you tell us what we can do. We would like to get to work as soon as possible. If it were possible I would like it if, Layla here.” Orion gestured to Layla. “Would stay here and help with the Canterlot problems, she will update us on any Equestrian problems you tell her.” Finished Orion. Celestia swallowed and replied.

“Very well, Lunamoon, take Miss. Layla with you to your office and tell her about the big problems, guards, take the rest to the CIC and have the general tell them about the big problems, the rest of you, the court is now adjourned.” Said Celestia in a more stable voice. John could hear the voices of ponies talking about them, the princess, who they are new threats that must be crushed, how Celestia is losing it, and how Luna is now at the top. Most of it sicken him, but some of it was true. They were a threat.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Canterlot Combat Intelligence Center (CIC)

“So who is this general?” Asked Zed as he looked around the dimly lit room.

“Don’t worry, you’ll know soon enough, Zed. Try to clam down.” Replied Layla.

“I’ve been the calmest of out of all of us.” Replied Zed as picked up a cup and drank out of it and quickly put it back. The pony who it belonged to never even noticed.

“True, but you are also the less damaged. Orion, I’m surprised YOU’RE the voice of reason most of the time.” Said Layla

“And why is that?” Asked Orion, he knew, he just wanted to hear what she thinks.

“Well, you fought an entire campign against the Covenant, only to die by the hands of your own men, because the Lord Admarile lost his shit. To add to that, you did most of it alone, only more or less half way in you summoned James, then some time later, John. It’s they were waiting and watching in the Nexus, while you were still fighting, plus it was the Covenant, and before that you and Nathan took on the post-apocalyptic Earth of Fallout, you spent a whole year in the role if ‘The Lone Wonderer’. The you jumped to Canada to see how you home turned out, apparently as the bombs were falling Canada, made the pact with Russia and China, didn’t what’s left of Nazi Germany make it in?” Asked Layla.

“Yeah, Japan also, the rest of the world was baked in radiation. Well, we didn’t have time to set up that many GAURDIAN towers for China, but we saved most of it.” Replied Orion, there was no quiver, no skip, he acted as if it never phased him.

“What type of power armor did they have?” Asked John

“Lots, most of the stuff we’re wearing was Co developed in, Canada, T45d, T51b, T82g, and T13, they even had Enclave armor, Mk I through X. Even were making some Russian models. Z0c looks alot like COG armor, everything but it’s helmet.” Nathan looked over at Orion, he could tell what he was doing. Nathan loved reading about, working with, and in the loosest sense playing with old Russian tech, if it was Soivet, Nathan had used or recreated it.

“So.” Came a deep, strong, southern voice. “You’re the bipeds who made a fool of Celestia and Luna.” Layla had began to walk off with the Captain.

“That we are McIntosh. That we are.” Replied James in his best southern voice he had, which wasn’t that good. Big Mac snorted.

“Fine, I’m a stallion of few words so let get down to business. The main problem right now is the food, apple, oranges, ect. Then is drinks of all sorts. Coffee, tea, soda, milk that sort of thing. Most of it is low priority and low cast, adding a new wing to the castle is higher up.” Said McIntosh.

“What the biggest food problem?” Asked John

“Apples, the main apple farm in Ponyville's a bit underhooved, they could really use you to take of the stress so they could hire some more workers. Some of the workers could have some sense talked into them, mainly Applejack and Buck, mother and child. Both work hard, but run off ‘to save Equestria’.” McIntosh made air quotes with his hooves. “ Oranges could use more trees, the war destroyed and it taking lots to keep in troops healthy, the rest like cabbage, carrots are mainly grown in towns by every day ponies. How ever the reason the Apple Family Orchard is so high on the list is because they’re in partnership with the Flim & Flam soda factory, who make the many types of soda with apple in it. Most of this is for citizen and troop moral. The Apple Family also make the mead, elixir, and some of the coffee sold in the area. The other areas of Equestria are better off than Canterlot or Manehatten. Who needs lots of food daily just to keep running smoothly. Cities and towns like Ponyville and Applelusa are self sufficient. Most don’t relies most of the food they eat some from the ground and earth pony hooves.” Finished McIntosh.

“Stallion of few words eh? Okay we’ll start with the apple orchard and move to the orange orchard, take this and keep us updated.” Said Nathan as he handed McIntosh a two way radio.

“What is this, and how do I use it?” Asked McIntosh.

“It’s a two way radio, it works like your phones only without the land lines. However these are linked to our helmets. Hold the button down, wait a second and talk, finish talking and let go.” Explained Orion. Big McIntosh took to it almost
immediately. 'He’s a lot smarter than Applejack makes him out to be.' Thought Orion. “Okay, let’s get to work Alpha!” As soon as he said that his heart dropped.

“Bro?, you okay?” Asked James. Orion only looked down and shock his head.

“As I was saying let move out.” Said Orion as he began to talk. James and John looked at each other, both knew what Alpha meant to Orion. Zed and Nathan on the other hand had not clue.

“Hey, John, what’s with Orion?” Asked Zed as he walked beside John.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Layla A. [Steel]
Age: 18
Eye color: Silver
Hair color: Brown
Height: 5‘9
Weight: 145.2
Race: Human, Caucasian
Affiliation: Brotherhood of Steel [Mojave Chapter], Boomers, Enclave Remnants, Big Mt., The Divide, Gun Runners, and The New California Republic.
Rank: N/A
Karma: Neutral
S: 8 P: 10 E: 9 C: 10 I: 10 A: 10 L: 9
Perks: Commando, Center of Mass, Explorer, Fadding Fingerprints, Jury rigging, Pipboy Upgrade, Pipboy Expert, Run Like Hell, Explosives Expert, Tinkerer, Sniper, Strongback, Unexpected Happiness, Wild Wasteland
Master Perks: Power Armour Training