• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 338 Views, 4 Comments

Xenophage: Part 1 - slayer792



This is the first part to a long story, Xenophage. Xenophage follows the six new gaurdians, Orion, Nathan, James, Zed, Willam, and Layla All of them hail from our world. Terra.

  • ...
4
 4
 338

Aftermath III

Xenophage

Equestria

Chapter X

Aftermath III

West Wing of Canterlot Castle

Layla started to get up as she heard a very familiar voice call for her.
“Where are you going? It’s been weeks since we seen any threat from Tocumsa, best to use.” The voice yawned. “Use this time to rest.” Said the voice in playful tone.

“Or train and toughen your troops, need I remind you this fortress is only one fortress? Tocumsa could have thousands , and we wouldn’t even know about them.” Replied Layla in a sharp tone as she tightened her Gauntlet.
“So?” Asked the voice in a even more playful tone.

“So, I’m not getting back in that bed until nightfall, even then I’ll sleep on the floor.” Replied Layla sharply, yet with a hint of playfulness.

“Aw, well the floors a good place too.” Layla was about to turn around and smack the living shit out of the voice until the door flew open and a body slammed on the floor before her feet. The body was one of the guards, it had a knife stabbed in his back with a note crudely fixed on the blade. Without missing a beat, Layla bolted through the door to face the attackers. The hall was empty, she quickly ran to the window at one of the ends of the hall and yelled:

“The castle is under attack! Lock the castle down!!” As her words rang out across the castle, she could see the drew bridge fall the ground and lock in the attackers, the shouts of Paladins filling the cool morning air, the tale tale clanking of the Knight’s armor, the cries of the Farrell Wolves, and the whines of the war horses. The door at the bottom of the stair case smashed open and the clanking of steel and stone filled the halls, the Knights and Paladins were coming.

“Dimore!, get your armor!” Yelled Layla as she ran into the room to grab her swords. Looking to the bed she found it empty and the rest of the room also empty, Dimore was gone. “Dimore?! Dimore!” Yelled Layla as she ran to the nearest window, the hinges were broken off, she looked around the small court yard, a small pool of blood formed where they would have landed, Dimore’s blood.

“My Lady!! We are here!!” Yelled a Paladin in gold and silver armor. “Lady Layla! What is wrong?!” Asked the Paladin as he pulled her away from the window.

“Dimore has been kidnaped, ready a search party and find him, they can’t have gone far. Move!!” Barked Layla as she pushed the Paladin.

“My Lady, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Said one of the Knights, Layla nearly attacked him. “With all due respect, this note says not to attack or send the search party. Or Dimore will be executed. Singed, Lord Eskar.” Layla’s face went pale, Eskar was Tocumsa’s second in command, if he’s making threats, Tocumsa mush be ready for war.
“Send this to the Northern Nations, tell them Tocumsa is ready for war.”

“What? How’s Tocumsa?” Asked a femin voice. The room quickly fade to black the light grey walls darkening, the bright welcoming light of morning turning into the chilly and playful night sky. The shapes of two Alicorns comming into view, ones of the Knight and Paladin fading.

“Who is Tocumsa?” Echoed a second voice.

“An enemy who made Nathan look like Orion.” Replied Layla as she took another small step towards Luna and Celestia.
“Is that so? Well, I need to step up my game if I’m going to compete with Tocumsa.” Said Nathan in a fatherly voice as he placed a light blanket on his sister’s shoulders.

“Thanks, but no.” Said Layla as she pushed it of and place it on the bed. “I can look like that when I’m fighting can I?” Asked Layla as she walked out. Nathan let out a weak smile and followed. Luna and Celestia struck up a conversation with Layla about her dreams. It ended with a few with Layla scaring the daylights out of Luna.

“Welcome, everyone who is taking part in the duel please make your way to the changing room. Grab a sword you like and know how to use and get ready for a random match. As you know, Luna holds the title of Champion, and with Orion and Nathan removing much of their power, Luna may still hold it. Now if you please, get ready.” Boomed Blueblood as he held up a mega phone and spook into it. Gilda, Rainbow Dash, Trixie, Applejack, Big McIntosh, Shining Armor, Discord, Chrysalis, The Lunar Captain and the Solar Captain all walked into the small room filled with swords and armor. The Guardians wearing the New Vegas Reinforced Leather Armor. Orion chose the Sword of the West, which was given to him by Nathan from the Divide, Nathan chose the Sword of the East, which he got from Legate Lanuis, for his skill and honor in combat. James chose a none Vegas weapon, a heavy Claymore, which he named Blade of Justice, Zed a flaming Shishkebab named Blazing Crime, John a Roman Gladius named Peace Maker, and Layla chose a Japanese Katana named War’s Bane.
“Compensating for something?” Asked Zed as he looked at Orion and Nathan’s swords. Nathan quickly made a disgusted look.

“Fine, fuck you then.” Replied Nathan as he snapped his fingers and the Sword of the East was replaced with two Shuang Gou or Hooked Swords. “Better?” Asked Nathan as he held them at arm’s reach, Zed shrugged at the sight of the Hooked blades.

“How about you?” Asked Zed as he looked at Orion’s imposing weapon.

“I’m not bending to your will.” Replied Orion as he tured his head in a low angle. Zed practically snorted at the look Orion was giving him. “Fine, be a bitch.” Was all Orion said as he throw his sword into the air and a Golden Sabre fell into ground, the words “Cum misericordia et iustitia” Carved into the golden steel blade.

“With Justice and Compassion? Really?, you used that sword to whip out an entire empire!” Orion ignored this comment and began whipping the razor sharp blade with his leather glove.

“We are ready for the draw, please come and grab a flag from the crate!” Barked Blueblood as he held up a small stick with a red flag on the end. One by on they grabbed their flags, as each held up their flags names were written on a massive black board. 18 empty boxes were soon filled, Nathan would be facing Blueblood in the first round of the match, Chrysalis and Big McIntosh in the second, Layla and Shining Armor in the third, James and Zed in the fourth, Trixie and The Lunar Captain in the fifth, Celestia and Discord in the sixth, John and the Solar Captain in the seventh, Luna automatically advancing her to the next match, Gilda and Applejack eighth, Rainbow Dash and Orion in the final. Rainbow Dash was returned in Pony form when the Guardian’s power was taken away. With a few more minutes prep, Nathan and Blublood stepped into the ring and got ready for battle.

Nathan and Blueblood stared at each other for only a few seconds, but the those who were watching, it felt like hours, Blueblood’s Sabre twitched in his magic as he tried to circle around Nathan, every time it did, Nathan’s did the same, the near motionless stage was removed when Blueblood lunged at Nathan and Nathan kicked the blade and brought his blade bearing down upon the helpless stallion, the sharp blade hit true and swift, as soon as the blade made contact with Blueblood’s armor he was teleported off the ring and Nathan won in a flat forty five seconds. Blueblood congratulated him on his victory and began chatting up a storm with him, Nathan was going to be gone for the next six rounds.

Next up is Queen Chrysalis and Big McIntosh, both are great fighters, both ‘liked’ each other. But the honor and internment was forcing them to fight, so fight they must. Big Mac wheeled a heavy Claymore and Chrysalis a jet black Rapier with a silver blade.

“So, hows Little Mac?” Asked Chrysalis as she lunged at McIntoch, who deflected it away with ease,

“Good, hes dohing fine, he misses hiz motha.” Replied Big Mac in a gagged tone. The sword in him mouth didn't help him talking.

“Shame.” Replied Chrysalis as she quickly attacked Big Mac with her light sword, however big Mac was faster and landed a blow to the ribs with the hilt of the sword. “Ahh!, For the love of- Land a killing blow, don't just tease me!” Said Chrysalis as she attacked and dogged a few slow attacks by Big Mac.

“I’ll try, but no promiziez.” Replied McIntosh as he ran at her with full speed and landed a light blow to the neck, but was too slow to dug the sharp blade touching his fur coat and sending him the the waiting area, Chrysalis stood victorious, tall and proud, not many could beat the old farm boy. Then again, none really stole his heart. But she did. In the waiting room Blueblood lost his shit and hit the floor laughing, tears were clearly flowing, both from pain and the news the high general had found a mare.

“QUEEN CHRYSALIS!! Chrysalis, that’s who won your heart? Out of all the ponies. Guh, need oxygen. I’m going to pass out before the next round.” Said a teary eyed Blueblood, the pain of laughter still wearing off. Big McIntosh took it better than most ponies would, he just blushed cleaned his sword, not that it NEEDED cleaning.

“Yeah, laugh it up, don’t suppose YOU have a mare, do you?” Asked Big McIntosh as he whipped down the blade of the weapon, paying close attention to detail.

“Nah, when I’m older I’ll get a mare friend, a colt needs his freedom. Besides, Celestia would have me wed in a heart beat. So not looking for a mare.” Replied Blueblood as he soothed a small wound, falling on the ground from a heavy lung gives scrapes.

“You make it sound like Celestia wants to marry you.” Replied McIntosh as he started the clean the hilt.

“Oh hay no! Celestia is my auntie, or so she says.” Replied Blueblood is surprise, this jumpy behavior made McIntosh smile.

“But you do spend time at a small tavern in Canterlot.” Replied McIntosh as he blew on the hilt and whipped it down again.

“I do, it’s a nice place, the drinks are great, the entertainment is good, the food on par with the common baker, and the place looks like it’s over a hundred years old, the place still uses art from a hundred years ago.” Replied Bluelood as he watched the next round set up.

“But it must have a real reason, a pretty mare?” Asked McIntosh as he slid the blade into a sheath.
“Never looked, but I know I get eyed up a lot, mostly from eyes who despise the crown, nothing new.” Replied Blueblood as he left, not allowing McIntosh replied with another question that would put him in a awkward place. Big McIntosh didn’t wast any time and followed Blueblood to the “ring”, seriously, it’s a box stage! Layla’s Katana was held in an iron grip, her knuckles where bright white from the strain she was putting on them, Shining Armor’s Rapier held in his light blue aurora, it also appeared in an iron tight grip.

“Begin!” Barked Blueblood, the names of Nathan and Chrysalis were placed for the next match’s first round.
Sweat dripped from Layla’s face, she was used to people attacking her, not the other way around, and it was clear so way Shining Armor, however, his sweat was for a different reason. Cadence watched in both fear and joy, fear that he will lose, and joy is he wins, Orion had told her about Layla’s adventures and triumph. But never her defeats, maybe she didn’t have any. She looked at Layla and then at Shining Armor, both were sweating, both were on par with each other. Finally Cadence snapped and started shouting:

“Come on Shiny! You can do it!” After she said that Shining Armor lunged at Layla, who sloppily deflected it away, this made Nathan and Zed start shouting too:

“Go Layla, kick his flank into the next castle!” Yelled Zed as he stood up. Nathan yelled:

“Yo, Shining Armor!, you suck!” This set off the whole match. Cadence, Twilight, Luna, Celestia, and Chrysalis all started yelling at the same time:

“Go Shining, go shining! Beat her, beat her!” Orion, John, and James joined Nathan and Zed in berating Shining Armor. The sweat stopped flowing when he heard his wife cheer him on, however Nathan’s comment started it back up again, but it was stopped when his wife, sister, and both of the princesses cheered him on, even Chrysalis brought pride. Layla stared down Shining Armor, the cheers and insults from the crowd did nothing for her, she focused on the moment. Just then Shining Armor lunged and began slashing with all his might, the stabbing weapon became a slasher, time to show him who’s boss, thought Layla as she blocked all his brutal attacks and returned them just as hard. Once she finished block she quickly jumped back and readied her self for his next attack, but it never came, he was gone. Layla stood up and looked around, suddenly a bright orange light flashed and she hit the ground, the waiting room. She had lost, defeat never tasted so bitter. She could hear a mix of ‘Yah’ and ‘Boo’ filling the area above the waiting room.

“And the winner is Shining Armor!” Said Blueblood, he was more than likely having her name struck from the board and his name moved up, 'damn luck shots.' Thought Layla as she picked up War’s Bane and walked out. The steps were dark but not too dark, oddly she felt at home in the dark stair case, but the feeling was whipped away with the bright light of the ring, James was already at Zed’s neck, Nathan and Orion were yelling back and forth at each other, John was on the ground laughing with Discord both in extreme pain, and half were watching the fight and half the four idiots on the side lines. This is going to be bloody.