• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 2,039 Views, 56 Comments

Encounters with the Slendermane - magicman123



Individual stories of ponies who encountered the Slendermane.

  • ...
3
 56
 2,039

Rainbow Dash

"Wait, what?".

"Huh?", was Fluttershy's only response.

"What do you mean how did I know that you met the Slendermane?".

"I'm asking how did you know that I met the Slendermane."

"I-I-I didn't... It was a joke....."

Fluttershy just stared blankly at Rainbow Dash for a moment.

"Ooooooohhh..."

The yellow pony just scratched at her left hoof in awkwardness.

Rainbow Dash broke the silence. "Wait, so you're telling me that you met the Slendermane."

She received a nod in response.

"The real Slendermane."

Another nod.

"The Slendermane that was told to have foalnapped hundreds of ponies."

"Well, yes but he's actually really nice! He likes helping animals and helped me find Angel!", Fluttershy said excitedly.

Rainbow looked at her suspiciously before asking, "Did you bump you're head when you went out searching for the little guy?", she said as she pointed a hoof at the little white rabbit that laid on Fluttershy's back.

"No... You don't believe me do you?", the pink haired pony said with a small pout.

"Uuuhhh... Do you have any proof?", the Rainbow said.

She didn't want to upset her friend by doubting her best friends word but this was sounding really far-fetched to her.

Fluttershy raised a hoof up to her chin and thought for a moment.

"Well I could you to him. But I don't really wanna trouble him, after all I did just see him..."

"Aww come on Fluttershy! Don't just leave me here and make me think that you've gone bonkers!"

A long silence took place as Fluttershy thought about it in her head.

"Oh alright but let me give Angel a bath first"

Angel turned to look at her in horrifying shock before he had to be dragged into Fluttershy's cottage with the help of the colorful pony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Rainbow Dash followed Fluttershy warily from behind looking around and making sure nothing would pop up from somewhere and think that they would be their next meal. Fluttershy, surprisingly to Rainbow, looked much calmer then her. The yellow pony did not look anywhere near as tensed as she did.

"Hey Fluttershy", Rainbow called out.

"Yes?"

"Why aren't you afraid of this place? I mean, no offence but you were shaking up pretty bad the last time we were here''.

"That's cause we're near the border between Ponyville and the forest, so I guess I don't find it as scary".

Rainbow seemed to be satisfied with the answer.

"Besides, I'm sure Mister Slendermane would help us if we ever got into trouble!".

Fluttershy hadn't noticed her friend giving her a skeptical look.

"Whatever you say Fluttershy".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a few minutes later before they had reached the area where Fluttershy had encountered the Slendermane. Rainbow looked at the damage that surrounded the area that was cause by the little spat that Angel had with the suited pony.

"Woah, what happened here?", asked Rainbow.

"Angel had a little misunderstanding with Mister Slendermane".

Rainbow Dash surveyed the damage again before looking around and asking, "So, uuhhh, where's this Slendermane you've been talking about?".

Fluttershy, too looked around.

"I'm not really sure".

Rainbow gave her a deadpan look.

"Well Fluttershy, it was nice listening to your craziness but I think I'll be leaving now".

"Hey look!", Fluttershy called out to Rainbow. "There he is!". She pointed a hoof behind Rainbow.

"Suuure...", Rainbow said without looking behind her. "Is Bighoof behind me too? Ooh, and the Moth-Stallion and the Ra-".

Before she could finish her sentence, she turned around to see the front of a very well tailored black suit. She slowly looked up to see a blank pale white face staring at her.

A few seconds of staring passed by before Rainbow Dash launched herself backwards towards Fluttershy. She took up a defensive stance with her back facing her yellow friend.

She looked at the suited pony with shock.

"St-stay back Fluttershy! It's the Slendermane!".

Fluttershy looked at her in confusion. "Of course it is silly, who else would it be?".

When Fluttershy tried to step forward Rainbow pushed her back in fear that the monster that stood before her would hurt her best friend.

"No don't! He's dangerous!", Rainbow shouted.

Meanwhile, Slendermane was looking at the rainbow colored pony in confusion. His head tilted to his right to emphasys the confusion.

The pale pony took a step forward before Rainbow started shouting at him.

"Don't come any closer you freak!", was all Rainbow could say before a shout came from behind her.

"RAINBOW DASH THAT IS ENOUGH!".

Fluttershy gently pushed Rainbow aside before walking towards the suited pony.

"I'm sorry Mister Slendermane. I didn't think that my friend would be so rude to you", Fluttershy said sheepishly.

All the tall pony did in return was wave at her bash fully. Telling her that he took no insult from it.

She smiled graciously at him before turning around and scowling at Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow. Come over here and apologize to Mister Slendermane at once!".

"W-Wh-Why?! I didn't do anything wrong!", Rainbow said, puzzled at why her best friend would side against such a monstrous being.

Fluttershy's scowl grew bigger. Her sharp eyes pierced into Rainbo's soul. The cyan pony's heart rate grew faster and sweat dripped feverishly from her brow. Rainbow Dash felt... Frightened. Not because of the Monster that stood beside her friend. It was Fluttershy that made her feel this way. The kindest, most gentle of ponies scared her. So this was what it was like, being the one at the end of "The Stare".

Not wanting to face it anymore, Rainbow dashed forward and stopped just two feet from the suited pony and quickly spat out an apology.

"I'msorryIcalledyouafreakpleaseforgiveme!".

She twisted her head quickly to look at Fluttershy and see if her fast apology was acceptable.

It wasn't.

Fluttershy looked at her with disapproval.

Rainbow sighed before apologizing again, but slower this time.

"I'm sorry I called you a freak. Could you please forgive me?".

The tall pony before her nodded.

Rainbow turned to look at Fluttershy again and saw her smiling at her.

"Thank you Rainbow Dash", Fluttershy said before giving her a apologetic look. "I just wish I didn't have to give you "The Stare"."

Rainbow stumble a bit with her words before replying. "U-uh, i-i-it's fine. No harm done!".

She lied. The image of Fluttershy giving her "The Stare" would scar her for life. She would have to make sure that she never angered Fluttershy again.

Rainbow Dash looked at the tall faceless pony again. He didn't look all too horrifying. Other than the fact that he had no face of course. Since the legend himself was standing right in front of her, she might as well ask him some questions about all the stories and rumors of him.

"Hey, mister uuhhh... Slendermane", she called to him.

"So are all the stories about you true? Like, do you foalnap people and steal their organs?".

Slendermane just shook his head in reply. He thought to himself, 'Why would anyone think that?'.

"Hmm. Okay, do you have tentacles that come out of your back?"

Suddenly, to Dashs' surprise, four pitch black tentacles shot out from his back. They waved in the air slightly and curled around.

"Wooaaahhhhh...", she said in awe before the four appendages were sucked back into his body.

"That is SO cool! Also creepy"

Slendermane waved a hoof at her in flattery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy just stood back and watched the two converse with one another. Happy that Rainbow Dash had seemed to put her fear aside and befriend the mythical pony.

"Hey! Are you fast? Do you think you could beat me in a race?", Rainbow challenged the tall pony.

He just shrugged in response, having not raced anyone before he wasn't sure how well or bad he could do.

"Wanna race?", the colourful mare said with a smirk.

He nodded in reply, accepting the challenge to his first ever race.

She pumped a hoof in the air. She picked up a stick with her teeth and trotted over near Fluttershy and drew a straight line across the dirt to signify a starting line.

"Okay! Get behind the line. First one to reach that tree over there wins!", Rainbow said whilst pointing a hoof at a rather large tree about a hundred meters ahead.

Slendermane got behind the line and copied the stance that Rainbow made.

"I'll have you warned! I'm the fastest flyer in Ponyville! So don't get too sad about losing!"

"Alright Fluttershy! You count us down!"

Fluttershy nodded and began counting down.

"3"

Rainbow looked at the pony beside her with a challenging glare before facing ahead again.

"2"

Rainbow quickly stretched her wings.

"1"

They both bent their heads down in near synchronization.

"Go!", Fluttershy said as loud as she could. Which wasn't very loud.

Rainbow Dash burst from the starting line. Leaving behind a cloud of rainbow dust. As she got a quarter way through the race she turned behind to see Slendermane walking slowly. She beamed a smile and glared at him.

'Wow! He's a lot slower than I thought he would be', she thought to herself.

However, when she faced her head forward again, she saw Slendermane right at the finish line. Her mouth opened wide in shock and when she got to the finish line all she could muster up was.

"Wh-What? How? I was in front of yo-! What?!"

When she finally calmed herself down Slendermane prodded at her shoulder with a hoof. When he finally got her attention, he motioned for her to watch him.

She stood there watching him for a few seconds before he motioned for her to blink.

So she did.

And when she opened her eyes again he was no longer at the spot he was before. She looked to her side and then behind her but it just seemed like he disappeared. When she looked back at the spot he was before, there he was. She looked at him in confusion then rubbed her eyes and looked at him again, perplexed at the situation.

He then pointed behind her and when she turned around, there he was. Her mouth once again opened in shock. She looked at the spot he was before again and found that he wasn't there anymore.

When she turned to face him again all she could say was, "WHAT"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update. At least it's not as long of a wait as the previous one right? Right?!

There are a lot of reasons why this chapter took a while to come to fruition. Halfway through writing this chapter a couple months ago many distractions took me away from writing this.

Such as college, Steam sales, family, friends, college, video games, books, video games, college, more video games, more college, another Steam sale, college AND video games and last but not least discovering the wonderful world of the graphic novel series FABLES.

Once again I apologize for the wait and hope that this chapter is good enough to hold your attention for about a minute. This entire chapter was written on an iPad. I won't be able to to properly edit this story until the next day so I apologize for any errors.

As the story progresses I hope to have each chapter come out sooner than the last. Hopefully.

Also I hope to redo the Ditzy Doo chapter of this story as it is a really smelly pile of fecal matter.