• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 2,039 Views, 56 Comments

Encounters with the Slendermane - magicman123



Individual stories of ponies who encountered the Slendermane.

  • ...
3
 56
 2,039

Fluttershy

A nest was cradled in the branches of a tall tree high up in the Everfree Forest. Inside the nest were a mother bird and her chicks. It was finally the day that momma bird would teach her two chicks to fly. She carefully pushed the first chick, which was also the biggest chick, with her beak towards the edge of the nest. The chicks tiny talons were over the edge of the nest just as the momma bird delivered one final push. The chick fell a few feet downwards before finally opening its wings and flapping with all it's might, gliding downwards a bit before soaring up and back into the nest.

The second chick was a little smaller compared to the other chick. As it was pushed to the edge it looked back at it's mother before looking down. It looked like a really long fall for the little chick. As the little bird finally got ready, it looked back at its sibling and parent one more time before it was pushed.

The wind blew through its tiny feathers and it's eyes watered in fright as it opened up its wings and flapped like its life depended on it. Which it did. However, it still continued to fall and tumble. The flapping only seemed to have ever so slightly slowed the fall. Its wings we're just too small! The momma bird looked down in terror as her little chick fell with such speed. There was no way that she would be able to save him!

Suddenly, a long black tendril appeared out from the nearby bushes in a swift fluid motion, catching and wrapping up the bird. Out of the bushes stepped out a tall alicorn sized pony. He wore a suit and a red tie. His coat was pale white and his face was featureless. No eyes or mouth could be seen. And out of its back came the long black tentacle that had caught the little chick.

The momma bird stared at the pony in panic as to what it had possibly done to its baby. But it was all for naught as the balled up tentacle reached up into the nest, unfurled itself and out came the chick safe and sound with not a scratch on it. The suited pony reeled its tentacle back into his body and just as he was about to turn around and walk away, the little bird he had just saved popped out of the nest and chirped at him in thanks along with its mother. The suited pony waved at the chick with a hoof just before disappearing back into the bushes.

As the well dressed pony came out of the other side of the bush, he was surprised to hear a feminine voice shout out the words, "Angel come back!". The voice spoke softly yet loud enough for him to hear from where he was. The voice had come from the direction of a fallen tree just a few meters ahead of him. A small white fluffy being jumped out from behind the tree and scurried passed his legs and back to where the bird nest had been. It had seemingly not seen him. With utmost curiosity of wanting to know what had just passed by him he followed the small creature back into the bushes and out the other side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel burst out of the bush and landed on his paws. He got up on his hind legs and quickly looked back at him and lifted a paw up to one of his long ears. Nothing. He let out a sigh of relief but was caught halfway when the bushes he had just came out of shook. At first he thought it could have been his caretaker but eliminated the possibility as, if it WAS her, she would be calling out for him. No, this was something else. Something bigger. The rustling of the leaves grew closer and closer and finally, the faceless white head of a pony peaked out of the leaves.

Nope.

Definitely wasn't her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When our friendly neighbourhood Slendermane poked his head out of the bushes, he saw the white creature looking at him with its black beady eyes. Suddenly, it jumped backwards a couple feet and stood itself in a defensive position. Slendermane just stared at the little bunny rabbit in confusion before turning and heading in another direction, not wanting to start anything with the rabbit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, unbeknownst to him he HAD started something. When he had decided to walk away a vein popped in Angels head. All Angel could think was 'What? Just because I'm a rabbit you not gonna fight me?! Ah beat yo flank mother bucker!'.

He readied himself and was about to pounce on our protagonist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The suited pony heard a small screech from behind and turned around. Only to have the rabbit jump onto his faceless face. He just stood there, unmoving as the rabbit seemed to stare into his soul whilst holding onto his ears. Then the rabbit bit onto his snout. He continued to stay still for a few more seconds before he launched himself into the nearest tree. Just as his head neared the trunk of the tree, the rabbit bounced off of his face and onto his back. He couldn't stop himself from hitting the tree in time and thus, his head crashed right into it.

Angel jumped off of the suited ponies back and onto the ground. A smug grin grew on his face as he saw the pony struggling to get his head out of the tree. Wiping his hands together in success he turned around. Only to come face to face with said pony. A look of shock replaced his smugness. He turned his head back to see the hole in the tree but no pony stuck in it. He turned forward again to see the suited pony looking down at him in what seemed like frustration, but he couldn't tell cause, well, he had no face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slendermane stared down at the rabbit. Why did this rabbit want to fight?! All he wanted to do was walk away and mind his own business but 'Noooooo'. If it was a fight the little rabbit wanted then a fight is what it was going to get.

He raised his head up swiftly as four tentacles shot out of his back and took on a menacing stance that could have made even the biggest and scariest creatures wet themselves in fear. But lucky for them, he was a passive pony. Except when little buggers like this rabbit came along. When he looked back down to face the rabbit, he was surprised to see the little creature yawning at him like it had just been told a boring joke. Usually this was the time when an attacker would split and run away calling for its mommy, but it didn't seem like it would happen this time. He had sorely underestimated this rabbit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small ways away, Fluttershy worriedly searched for the missing rabbit.

"Angel!", she ,quote unquote, shouted. "Oh dear, Angel where are you?".

Then she heard the sound of the stomping of hooves and a loud crash.

Her head twisted to the direction of the noise and then she began to head towards the ruckus. A few seconds later, she grew closer and closer towards the noise. She burst through a bush and was shocked to see Angel facing down a tall white pony in a suit. But what really shocked her was that said pony had no face and that long black tentacles were potruding out of its back.

She quickly leapt behind a tree and rested her back against it with both hooves clinging onto the sides of the tree. She started to breath violently as perspiration began to form on her head.

'Who is that pony?! Why did it have no face?! Why was Angel fighting it?! Why was it wearing a suit?! Where did it get the suit?! I'm sure Rarity would be interested to make suits for it! If it didn't mind that is!'

Those were all the questions that ran through her head.

Then she heard the sound of dirt being kicked and something tumbling over.

'Oh no! What happened? Did Angel get hurt?!', she thought to herself in panic.

She needed to know. She needed to be there for him. She sucked in a deep breath and put on 'The Stare'.

She jumped out from behind the tree. Ready to protect her little Angel and face the pony. However, when she saw had happened, her confidence turned to surprise.

The tall faceless pony laid on the ground with its tentacles wrapped around in a neat little bow. On top of the pony was Angel standing with a proud expression on his face with his paws crossed together.

Fluttershy sighed in relief and had began heading towards Angel but stopped as three birds fell from the top of the canopies above and began pecking at Angel. He started throwing his arms about trying to defend himself against the birds. Fluttershy ran towards Angel to help him.

"Wait stop! What are you doing?!", she asked.

The birds stopped their barrage of beaks and looked angrily at the yellow pony and began chirping at her loudly.

"What? What do you m-... Uh huh uh huh..."

When the birds were done, Fluttershy looked at Angel sternly. He just looked at her cheekily.

"Angel".

She trotted over to where the suited pony lay tied up and asked "Are you okay Mister?".

He just looked up at her and nodded in response.

Fluttershy looked over at his tied up tentacles and carefully untied them. When he got up he brushed off some of the dirt off of him with a tendril before withdrawing them back into his body.

"I'm sorry Mister- ummmm..."

The suited pony brought a hoof up to his chin in thought before he began writing into the dirt below.

Fluttershy looked at what he was doing in confusion before realizing what he was doing.

"Okay, Mister Slendermane. I'm sorry for all the trouble that Angel cau-", a long pause appeared before her pupils turned to the size of pinpricks.

She thought to herself, 'Slendermane. Slendermane! SLENDERMANE!'

She gasped in horror at the pony that stood before her. He just looked at her in confusion.

"Y- yo- you- your Slendermane! The tall pony that takes other ponies away! The pony who haunts the Everfree forest! Y-You- your... Not a bad pony are you?"

He looked at her a bit before shaking his head.

"So all of those stories weren't true"

Another shake of the head.

"Oh, okay then".

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a white dot. She turned her head to see Angel trying to sneak away carefully.

"Angel. Get back here this instant.", she said sternly like a parent would to a child.

The rabbit flinched as he heard his name being called before turning around and walking back to his caretaker.

"I'm sorry Mister Slendermane for all the trouble he caused but Angel here needs to take his bath. If you don't mind we really need to go."

He nodded once again in return.

"If you need anything Mister Slendermane don't hesitate to find me. If you don't mind that is..."

She gave a final wave to the tall suited pony, which he returned, before they both parted ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Fluttershy returned to her cottage with Angel on her back, she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

"Oh hello Raindow Dash", she said cheerfully.

"Sup Shy. What were you doing in the Everfree Forest? It's not like you to go in there willingly."

"Oh! Angel here ran away when I told him that it was time for his bath and ran in there. But, I managed to get him back along with a little help".

"Really? Who helped you?", Rainbow asked surprised. Not many ponies were willing to go into the dreaded Everfree Forest.

"Just someone I met".

Rainbow then raised her hooves up in a menacing manner and said "Was it, the Slendermane", before she burst out in giggles.

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow and said, "How did you know?".

Rainbow abruptly stopped her giggle fit and stared at her. Not sure if she was joking or not.

"Wait, what?".

Author's Note:

After months and months, I finally finished this chapter. If there's anything wrong with this chapter (Which there most likely is), type it in the comments. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Hit that like button if you like the story and favourite if you want to see more.