• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 915 Views, 11 Comments

Lost, An AppleDash Story - Zombie_God



After waking up somewhere in the Everfree Forest, Applejack and Rainbow Dash try to survive and find out something that will probably change their life.

  • ...
12
 11
 915

Does she like me?

Author's Note:

Changes, changes, Changelings. Changelings changed my text. :D

Chapter Three


Rainbow Dash woke up at the next morning, seeing Applejack still asleep, lying next to her with a smile on her lips She looks happy. And so beautiful, she thought, why am I thinking that again? Do I really feel something for her? Looking at Applejack again she saw that she started to wake up. “Hey Applejack, good morning,” Rainbow Dash said with a smile, “did you sleep well?”

Applejack looked at her friend and smiled warmly. This smile is something I could wake up to every day. she thought for a second before she answered,” Yes, thank ya Rainbow Dash. How did ya sleep?”

“I've slept good too,” Rainbow Dash said and stood up, stretching her legs, “We should try to find some food. Berries or maybe we even find some carrots." RD yawned softly, still a bit tired. Together they walked into the forest, looking for berry bushes or something else to eat.

“Hey Applejack, did you ever have a coltfriend?” Rainbow Dash asked her friend, blushing softly as she asked, not really sure why she even did it. Her friends love life was none of her concern.

“No not really. Ah never had time for all that romance stuff. And ah wanted someone who knows what hard work is. Someone who can help on the farm. Someone loyal, who ah can trust.” Applejack answered, smiling back at Rainbow Dash. Someone like ya Dashie. Ah know ya and ah trust ya. she thought and smiled happily.

Rainbow Dash looked at her friend, She never had a coltfriend? But she looks really good, there should be thousands of stallions trying to get her.

“What's with Caramel? Or Braeburn?” Rainbow Dash asked while she collected some more berries.

“Caramel is married and Braeburn has his own farm in Appleloosa,” and after a while she added “And Ah think he's more into Stallions than Mares. Plus the fact that he's mah cousin. Just because ah live on a farm doesn't mean ah buck around with mah family” she chuckled, knowing that her friend didn't mean to insult her in any way.

"I'm sorry, AJ. I know you won't do these sort of things and I would never-" she mumbled quickly, looking away as she thought that she insulted her friend somehow. Applejack looked at her for a few seconds and then laughed, "Ahm not mad at ya sugarcube. Ah know that ya didn't mean tah insult me or mah family."

Rainbow Dash looked up and blushed softly, "Thanks AJ, you're a real great friend." she said and walked over to another bunch of bushes to collect their fruits when she saw something that caught her attention. As she got closer she saw that it was Applejack's Stetson. Picking it up and hiding it behind her, she walked back to Applejack. “Hey AJ I got a surprise for you. Just close your eyes.” Rainbow Dash said as she walked up to her friend.

“RD, what do you mean? What Surprise?” Applejack asked confused and looked curiously at her friend. "If yer tryin' tah trick me. Ah swear Ah'll kick yer plot out of the forest."

“Just close your eyes AJ. I'm sure that you will like it.” Rainbow Dash answered with a grin, excitement in her voice. While her uninjured wing fluttered slightly from her excitement.

Applejack sighed softly and closed her eyes,” If ya try anythin' funny RD Ah swear that Ah buck your flank to the moon.” she growled more playfully then angry and her ears twitched as she heard Rainbow Dash step closer. Feeling something make contact with her head she slowly opened her eyes and looked up. "Is...Is that ma hat?" she asked and looked at Rainbow Dash.

“Yes it is. I found it over there an-.” she couldn’t say any more as Applejack hugged her suddenly, squeezing her thigtly, "Thank ya Dashie. That hat means so much to me. It belonged to my pa." she said happily, "Ah got it before...well you know what happened with him and ma." she whispered softly, feeling a tear run over her chin but she quickly wipped it away.

Rainbow Dash hugged her back, I would've never thought that a hug could feel so nice. It feels so warm and safe. I don't want this to end, the pegasus mare thought for a few moments before she listened to her friend. "I know Applejack. " she said and smiled warmly at her friend. The hug felt nice, really nice, and that AJ trusted her so much that she even told her what had happened to her parents was something very special.

"Yeah, ah sure miss ehm sometimes. But ah got Granny Smith and Big Mac and Applebloom." She said softly and a smile appeared on her face. "And a got all my friends who support me. Especially a certain, wild pegasus who helped me a lot in the first year after....after they where gone."

Rainbow smiled softly, happy that she meant so much to her friend. They kept talking for a few more minutes and when they had enough berries collected made their way back to the campfire.

They sat down and Rainbow Dash started a new fire for the night. They both ate some berries and talked for a while, telling stories and jokes, before they got ready to sleep.

“Good night Applejack. Sleep well.” Rainbow Dash said and laid down, closing her eyes as she felt Applejack lying down next to her, pressed against her back, her fore hoof wrapped gently around her. A bit surprised she looked back at her. They had already spent a night cuddled together but that was just to stay warm. It feels like she is cuddling with me like a....like a stallion would do...or I gues would do. Rainbow thought for a moment. "AJ, what are you doing?" she asked softly and blushed a bit, not wanting to admit that it felt good to be held by her friend. Neither to herself nor to Applejack.

"Ya just relax, sugarcube. Ah promise ya ah won't touch ya anywhere." Applejack laughed softly and looked at her friend. "It's just to stay warm, don't worry." she said and pulled her hoof back, hopping that she didn't scare or disgust her friend in any way.

"Oh, I guess it's ok." Rainbow said softly and gently took her friends hoof to pull it close to her again. "I mean, it's just to stay warm in the night." she said softly. To stay warm, right. I mean, I can't love her, she's a mare. I'm a mare. That's wrong. But, why does it feel so nice when she holds me? Rainbow asked herself before she closed her eyes with a sigh and was greated by a unpleasant dream.