• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 285 Views, 3 Comments

The Pack - Shion Sonozaki



A story of a long war, told by a prophesized noble and brave warrior who was in it: Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
 3
 285

Twilight, Go Forth! A Hidden Star, Or Enemy?

The Pack: Twilight, go Forth! A Hidden Star, Or Enemy?

There were a few grumbles that broke the epic silence that seemed to hang around in the large indoor balcony that served as her bedroom.

Drowsy thoughts swept through her mind as she slowly opened her eyes and took a deep breath, the morning air refreshing to the girl.

Ch2
Looking up, she checked her clock on the table and pulled her arms out above her. She yawned, and caused her friend (and housemate) to awaken from the end of her bed. In a basket on the floor, of course.

She jerkily got up out of her own bed, but failed at the simple task; those darn sheets, and fell flat on the floor, where the warm morning sunlight poured over her like a shining, silky blanket.

Her friend, whose name was Spike, got up and walked over to her. His name was tough, and maybe a bit foreboding. Too bad he didn’t have the strength to back it up.

He was but a young child, more known as a baby at that. It may seem like an insult, though it doesn’t seem to bother him as much as you would think. Amazing, ne?

Spike got up out of his bed, yawned and glanced over at his friend, before breaking out in a wide grin.

He strolled over to her, smiling that big toothy grin of his that she had come to know over the years.

And so she wearily smiled back.

"Mornin' Twilight." He said is a singsongy voice to her, rocking on the balls of his feet. "I guess that when people ask about your morning, you could say that you tumbled out of bed. Literally."

He laughed shortly, and she gave a few light chuckles. His humor was so terrible it was almost embarrassing. Twilight’s forced laughter seemed to get by to him as real, and for that she was lucky. He normally caught things like that. Most of the time.

She got up and propped herself up on her front legs. Did I mention that both Twilight and Spike were animals?

"So, do we have anything to do today, Spike?" She asked, to break the ice from the earlier rough joke. "Nothing." He said to her cheerfully. "Now we can spend a day looking at internet videos on YouTube all day!"

His happy voice filled the room, only to be followed up by an awkward, light silence.

Twilight stared, her expression anything but amused. "I am not going to spend my whole day on a computer, looking at videos that half the time don't even make sense." She replied.

‘They’re loud and annoying, too. Who finds entertainment with a lot of nonsense yelling?’ Twilight thought.

Spike looked at the floor gloomily, but then stared longingly back at the laptop computer in the corner.

Twilight got up and set the covers back onto her bed, using her levitation spell.

It always did come in handy. Good thing she had learned that one a long time ago. She could not imagine a place where there was no spell usage.

But first things first, she had to get the breakfast on the table and the morning newspaper inside. She walked over to her stairs and carefully stepped down before walking over to a kitchen.

"Do you want waffles?" She asked. "Sure!" Her roommate replied.

The two were getting set up for the morning, when Twilight remembered something that happened to cross her mind.

"Oh, I remember now.” She began, a soft glow in her eyes beginning to emerge. “We were going to Fluttershy's to see that walking path in the woods she was talking about.”

Her thoughts shifted to another matter quite rapidly, as they always did. She never stayed on one topic for very long.

“And we need to get the paper." She added before looking back to her work area.

"Oh, forgot about that. Both things." Spike said, deflated. Twilight rolled her eyes from at the counter. "Can you get it for me?" She asked him politely. "Yeah, sure." He grumbled, yet getting up and walking over to the door.

‘Kids.’ Twilight thought as she levitated a couple of waffles out onto a pan and took out the butter, and a book. You could always find her either working, (she was a serious workaholic) catching up with her friends around the town, or reading.

Right now, she was on her fifth book of the week, Second Thyme Around. So far, it was getting good. Very good. The things that happen between two opposites. Of course, divorced opposites, but romance none the less.

She had often looked up from the book and wondered how these two; the down-to-earth Perdita, the owner of a small, run down greenhouse and store, purely a plant lover (was seen talking to her car in one scene though); and the rich, buisnessman and gormet food chef Lucas, could actually stand each others company. Most of all, these two were divorced.

She was snapped from her dream world when she heard the door shut as Spike walked in. "For you", he said, tossing the paper carelessly onto the counter.

After making sure that the waffles were all right on their own, she turned around to grab the paper from the table and begin to knowledge herself with the goings-on of her country.

She looked at it and read its headlines. After that, she never took her eyes off of the paper as she set the table and ate, which was pretty good skill, for someone average.

"What's so interesting in the Daily today?" He asked. She looked up at him in joy.

"A new filly will be going to get a shot at the exam. Today." She said with pride filling her voice.

Spike stared up at her questioningly, a bit annoyed by this comment and somehow insulted. "Why are you so beaming? It happens every once and a while. And besides, it's not your kid, now is it?" He growled back before returning to picking at his food.

She just shrugged and looked back at the paper.

Of course, Spike would not understand something like this happening. He was just a kid, after all.

Then, and of course, a thought came to her. One always did. It was in nearly all living beings nature to think about things.

And so the idea came out just like that.

"Spike, we have to be there." She said.

"What?" He asked, dropping his fork. He was amazed at the many things that his housemate came up with, but watching another kid do some exam was not going to fly by him.

“What about that walk?" He protested, doing what he thought would slow down his friend. Somehow, he had a bad feeling in his gut.

"I can move it to the following Tuesday." Ah, yes. The solution. Great.

She lifted up the paper to him and shoved it in his face.

“You see that little print? That's the time. We'll go there about five minutes after. You know that it takes about that time to get it set up for them, don't you?"

He did not answer that question, knowing that most of her questions did not need an answer, she went on without them anyway.

Their morning went as usual and Spike read another article about misc. stuff and whatnot. Maybe this day may not be as bad as he thought it would be. There was a pony selling an item that he thought needed buying.

Author's Note:

The second Chapter! This one may be a little boring, but it'll get better soon! The next we are getting to a bit more of a suspenseful part, and then ACTION ALL THE WAY!