• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 21,243 Views, 1,337 Comments

Guardian Angel - Mayhem Darkshadow



Scootaloo had been without a family for a very long time. She has never told anypony about her situation. It isn't until a certain purple unicorn learns about her origins that she discovers what a family truly is.

  • ...
31
 1,337
 21,243

Conflict and Resolution

Written by: Mayhem Darkshadow
Edited by: Avatar of Shadow and TimeLord_Whooves

Chapter 8: Conflict and Resolution

Scootaloo pulled up on her scooter as she reached the front door of the library. Not only did school let out early today, but it was also a long weekend. Scootaloo was looking forward to some bonding time with Twilight. They weren't doing anything special to be honest, just dinner out and other little things. Twilight even mentioned maybe a spa day. Scootaloo was really happy that her mom was going to put work aside to spend time with her. For the past few days Twilight had been bogged down with papers and reports to Princess Celestia.

"Mom, I'm home!" Scootaloo called as she walked inside. What she found was Twilight and Spike both rushing around the Library grabbing items.

"Be sure to get all the quills and scrolls we have Spike. The Princess wants extremely detailed notes," mentioned Twilight as she stuffed some books into a bag. Neither Twilight nor Spike had realized Scootaloo was standing in the doorway completely dumbfounded.

"Um...is something going on?" Scootaloo asked curiously.

Twilight immediately came to a halt. "Oh sorry sweetie, I didn't hear you come in. Let's have some lunch and talk about something."

Scootaloo could tell something was up, but she waited for Twilight to speak first, which she didn't do until she pulled Scootaloo's lunch out of the fridge.

"What's up Mom?" Scootaloo asked, "You and Spike look like you're going somewhere."

Twilight sat down and let out a small sigh. "We are Scootaloo. Princess Celestia sent me an emergency message today. Both her assistant and her backup assistant are sick and she's leaving for Phillydelphia for a big meeting. The Princess requested that Spike and I accompany her because of the level of importance of the meeting."

Scootaloo swallowed her mouthful of sandwich. "So, do I need to pack then?"

"Sorry honey," Twilight apologized as she shook her head, "But unfortunately you can't come."

Scootaloo dropped her sandwich and Twilight prepared for a temper tantrum. "Why can't I come?"

"Because I'm going to be so busy with the Princess that I'm not going to be able to keep my eye on you. Same goes for Spike since he's helping me out," Twilight explained calmly.

"But can't I just come with you. I can be quiet and it would be like I'm not even there," Scootaloo shot back.

Twilight closed her eyes and rubbed her face. This wasn't going anywhere. "These meetings go for hours at a time Scootaloo and I know you can't sit still for more than one. I'm sorry, sweetheart. I know you were looking forward to some alone time just you and I. I was to and this was all of a sudden. If I could bring you with me, I would, but I'm worried if I do, I'm going to completely ignore you."

Twilight got out of her seat and tried to give Scootaloo a kiss but Scootaloo turned away. This hurt Twilight's feelings a little bit.

"Scootaloo, you're making my heart ache," Twilight said quietly in her daughter's ear. There was no response, but then Twilight heard a sniff and realized she was crying.

"I...I just really wanted to s-spend some time with you because you've been so busy," Scootaloo sobbed.

Twilight pulled Scootaloo into a hug and gave her a kiss. "I know baby girl, I know. If it's any consolation, I'll be back Sunday, so we can still have Monday together."

Scootaloo wiped her eyes and cleared her throat quietly.

"You promise?" Scootaloo asked. Twilight nuzzled Scootaloo slowly and whispered into her ear.

"I promise, Scootaloo. Monday will just be about you and me having one on one time."

Scootaloo smiled and wrapped her hooves around Twilight's neck.

"Is Rainbow Dash taking care of me?" she asked.

"Well, she was originally, but something came up. Thunderlane offered though and I took him up on that," Twilight responded.

Scootaloo pulled away from her mother and raised an eyebrow. "Is it just him or is he going to bring Rumble?"

"He's bringing Rumble, don't worry. He's actually looking forward to getting to know you a bit better," explained Twilight quickly, so as to avoid any conflict. Scootaloo picked up her sandwich and shrugged her shoulders.

"Meh, I mean it's fine with me."

Twilight gave Scootaloo a smile and rustled her mane playfully. "Alright, sweet filly. He's going to be over in a few hours. Until then, me and Spike are going to be packing. You can help if you'd like?"

Scootaloo shook her head and continued eating. Twilight ruffled her mane once more and then went back into the main room of the library. Scootaloo sat at the table, eating and thinking about how this weekend was going to go. She had absolutely nothing against Thunderlane. However, she was still unsure about how she felt about him. At least he was bringing Rumble.

Maybe this weekend won't be too bad after all.

**********

True to what Twilight said, Rumble and Thunderlane arrived at the library a few hours later. Scootaloo answered the door since Twilight was still fanatically packing.

"Hiya Scootaloo," Rumble chimed.

"Hey Rumble. Hi Thunderlane," Scootaloo replied.

"Hey short stuff," Thunderlane said as he ruffled Scootaloo's mane. Scootaloo let him do it to be nice, but inside she wasn't very happy about it. Twilight realized they had arrived and stopped working so she could say hi.

"Hey, thanks for doing this Thunderlane, even though it's last minute. Also, sorry I had to cancel on the date."

Thunderlane gave Twilight a peck on the cheek. Scootaloo furrowed her brow at him but he didn’t notice.

"It's fine, my parents dropped Rumble on me last minute too anyway," he explained.

Twilight’s cheeks went red and she giggled. "Okay well, so long as you don't mind. Now just some things I need to mention. Some ground rules more or less. First of all, Scootaloo has been taking a sleeping potion. I'm trying to wean her off it, so only give it to her if she has a nightmare. Otherwise don't. Also, and don't let her argue about this, but she needs to be in bed by eleven."

"Oh come on Mom, can't I stay up later?" Scootaloo complained.

Twilight raised an eyebrow and went into parent mode. "No Scootaloo, your bedtime is eleven."

"Oh come on!" Scootaloo whined.

Thunderlane stepped in and tried to talk some sense into Twilight. "Twilight, let her at least stay up until twelve. That's Rumble's bed time on the weekends. It's not really fair for Scootaloo to go to bed before him."

Twilight looked back and forth between Thunderlane's convincing stare and Scootaloo's pleading eyes and knew she wasn't going to win.

"Fine fine fine, she can stay up till Twelve, but no later," Twilight sighed, "Now just some other things. Thunderlane, you and Rumble will have my room for the weekend. The bed is made up and ready. I did some grocery shopping so there is plenty of food in the fridge. Other than that, Spike and I will be home probably Sunday afternoon or evening. The number for the hotel I'm staying at is on the front table, as well as the address. Call me if you need me."

Twilight levitated all her bags over and hung them on her sides. She then bent down and gave Scootaloo a nuzzle and a kiss.

"I love you sweetie. Be good for Thunderlane. We'll have some fun as soon as I get home," she whispered to her daughter.

Scootaloo smiled and gave Twilight a kiss back. "I love you too Mommy."

Twilight stood up and gave Thunderlane a hug. "Thanks for doing this for me Thunder. I'll see you in a few days."

After doing one more double take to make sure nothing was forgotten, Spike and Twilight left. Thunderlane shut the front door and then turned to the two smaller ponies.

"Well now, what shall we do?" Thunderlane pondered out loud. Rumble and Scootaloo both joined him. None of them could come up with a solution though and soon boredom ensued. Finally, Thunderlane spoke up with a question.

"Hey Rumble, what games did you bring with you?" he asked his brother. Rumble went straight for his saddlebag and pulled out a bunch of boxes.

"Let's see, I brought Battlecruisers, Monopony, and a few simple decks of cards," he called back. Thunderlane scratched his chin and tried to make a decision.

"Rumble, grab a deck of cards. We can play Hearts," he finally decided, "Scootaloo, do you know how to play hearts?"

Scootaloo shook her head. "Nope...I don't even know what Hearts is."

Thunderlane let out a chuckle as they walked to the table. "It's really easy. The object of the game is to not get any of the point cards in your hand. Point cards are all the Hearts and the Queen of Spades. The Queen is worth thirteen points by the way. Anyway, once the cards are dealt, you pick three cards and pass them along. Who you pass them to will vary and I'll just tell you. Once the cards have been passed, the player who has the two of Clubs plays that card. If you have a club, you must play it and the player who plays the highest card has to take the cards played. If you don't have that suit, then you can play whatever you want. Hearts cannot be played on the first turn. We keep going until all the cards have been played and then we count up for scores. Understand?"

Scootaloo could feel the gears in her head grinding away and smoke pouring out of her ears. "Um...ah..."

Both Thunderlane and Rumble laughed quietly.

"It's okay Scootaloo," Rumble chuckled, "It took me a few tries to understand the game too."

Thunderlane and Rumble laughed some more and dealt the cards out. Scootaloo couldn't tell if her hand was bad or good, but went with it. They passed their cards along and played. Scootaloo did her best, but could already tell that she was not that good. She just kept going along and tried her best not to get frustrated. When the game ended, they tallied up their scores. Turns out she didn't lose. Rumble won and she came in second.

"Good job Scoots," Thunderlane told her, "Wanna play again?"

"Please don't call me Scoots," Scootaloo said.

Thunderlane looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "Pardon me?"

"Please don't call me Scoots, Thunderlane," Scootaloo responded, rather annoyed.

"I can't call you Scoots?" Thunderlane asked, "Why not?"

"Only specific ponies are allowed to call me that," Scootaloo explained in an angry tone.

Thunderlane got a bit annoyed and rolled his eyes. "Like who?"

"Um, like my friends, my mom, Rainbow Dash. Ponies I'm close to," Scootaloo shot back.

Thunderlane held his tongue so he wouldn't say anything he regretted.

"Okay, that's fine. I figured there would be some boundaries. We were getting off to a good start and I'd rather not ruin it. Come on, let's play another game."

Scootaloo just shook her head and got up from the table. "No thanks, I'm just gonna go up to my room."

Once Scootaloo left the room, Thunderlane slammed his head onto the table and groaned.

"That was...very unlike Scootaloo," Rumble said awkwardly.

Thunderlane rubbed his temple. "I thought everything was going fine. I don't understand what I did wrong."

"I'm not quite sure bro," Rumble replied. He was just as confused as Thunderlane was. Normally Scootaloo was pretty friendly and always enjoyed having fun. Something seemed a bit off.

"I just want to get to know her better since I've been spending so much time with Twilight," Thunderlane told his brother, "If she acts like she just did though, it's going to make it very hard."

Rumble shrugged his shoulders. "You want me to talk to her or something? I mean, we are best friends so she probably won't get snappy."

"No, that's okay Rumble. I'm going to try and work this out on my own," Thunderlane replied as he got out of his seat. While he figured maybe it wasn't the best idea for him to tackle the beast head on, but he wasn't going to be able to figure out the problem if he didn't. He walked slowly upstairs and opened up the door to Scootaloo's room. He found her lying on her bed, reading a book.

"Hey, can we talk?" Thunderlane asked.

Scootaloo looked up from her book then glanced back down at it. "I'd rather not."

"Please Scootaloo, I just want to get to know you better," Thunderlane said hopefully, "Seriously, let's do something fun before dinner. Why don't we go outside and Rumble and I could help you with flying."

Scootaloo looked up and slammed her book shut.

"Stop trying to be my friend, Thunderlane! Have you ever thought that maybe I don't want you to be one to me? Also, I only do my flying practice with Rainbow Dash!" she shouted.

Thunderlane was done. He knew that he was going to need to be assertive otherwise this weekend was going to be a struggle.

"First of all, don't raise your voice young lady. Your mother left you in my charge and you will follow my rules. Second of all, you know Rainbow Dash isn't the only pegasus in Ponyville. Seriously, I work with her so I can tell you she isn't as awesome as you think she is. Rainbow Dash is rude. She thinks too high of herself and she is the laziest pony in all of Equestria. Why couldn't I help you with flying? Who do you think taught Rumble how to fly? Now cut the attitude and let's go downstairs and have fun," Thunderlane snapped.

Thunderlane immediately regretted everything he just said. Scootaloo's eyes filled with tears and her rage burst forth.

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!"

Thunderlane immediately left and shut the door. He was not in mood for arguing.

I'll leave her alone for a few hours and then maybe let Rumble try.

**********

The next few hours were rather uneventful. Thunderlane and Rumble played a few more rounds of Hearts and then Thunderlane decided he should work on getting dinner ready. In the mean time, he asked if Rumble could go talk to Scootaloo for him. Rumble said he wouldn't have a problem with it and made his way upstairs slowly.

"Scootaloo?" Rumble called quietly as he opened the door, "Can we talk?"

Rumble opened the door a bit further and could not comprehend what he saw. Scootaloo was not in her room and the window was open.

"Um, Thunderlane," Rumble shouted downstairs in a panic, "Scootaloo is gone."

There was the clinking of dropped pans, followed by the hurried rush of hooves up the stairs. Thunderlane appeared in the doorway with a look of sheer terror on his face.

"Oh sweet Luna no," Thunderlane gasped when he saw the open window. An hour ago it had started snowing pretty hard. It was also freezing outside. If anything happened to Scootaloo, he knew Twilight would kill him.

"This is bad, if she's out there, she's going to freeze," Thunderlane panicked, "Rumble, you need to wait here in case she comes back. I'm going out there to find her."

Rather than use the front door, Thunderlane shot out the window. He knew was going to need help and there was only one pony he could turn to.

**********

"YOU DID WHAT?!?!?" Rainbow Dash shouted. Thunderlane went straight to Rainbow Dash's house looking for help. He knew there was going to be some yelling and chastising but he had prepared himself for it.

"YOU SAID ALL THAT TERRIBLE STUFF TO HER? SERIOUSLY THUNDERLANE, HOW THICK ARE YOU?" Rainbow Dash shouted furiously, "SHE LOOKS UP TO ME. SHE CONSIDERS ME MORE IMPORTANT THAN CELESTIA OR LUNA. INSULTING ME IS BASICALLY A DIRECT BLOW TO HER."

Thunderlane took what was coming and when Rainbow Dash was finally done, he spoke up. "I regret everything I said to her, Rainbow Dash. I was only trying to be her friend, but I guess I was trying too hard. Right now though, Scootaloo is out there somewhere freezing to death. I don't want anything to happen to her. I don't even care if this ruins mine and Twilight's relationship, but if I'm responsible for that filly getting hurt, I will never forgive myself."

Rainbow Dash was still furious, but knew Thunderlane was right. "Well then, don't stand there, let's get going. The longer we wait, the closer she is to something bad happening."

The two of them peeled out of Rainbow's cloud house and broke off in different directions. Rainbow Dash didn't tell Thunderlane, but she had somewhat of an idea where Scootaloo might be.

**********

Scootaloo walked up the steps of the Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse. She shivered as she walked indoors and got out of the snow and wind.

I never thought I'd find myself sleeping in here again. Tomorrow I'll go see if I can stay with Rainbow.

Sighing slightly, Scootaloo pulled a blanket out her saddlebag and curled up on the floor. Once again she hated the fact that this Clubhouse didn't have actual windows. At least there was a front door shutting out most of the wind. Still, she couldn't beat around the bush. She was absolutely freezing. Curling up a bit more, Scootaloo was questioning whether or not she was actually going to be able to do this.

Maybe I should just go home, Scootaloo pondered to herself. She then shook these thoughts from her head and decided she was going to suffer through it. Not much time went by before Scootaloo's teeth were chattering and she was struggling to keep warm.

What were the first signs of hypothermia again? Scootaloo thought to herself as she started losing the feeling in her hooves. Still Scootaloo could not convince herself that what she was doing was absolutely stupid. More time wore on and Scootaloo's body was starting to go numb.

"Feeling rather cold, are we?"

Scootaloo slowly turned her head and saw Rainbow Dash standing in the doorway. She looked angry.

"We'll talk about how massive of a plot head you are later. Right now, we need to get you home and warmed up."

Scootaloo just shivered. She couldn't bring herself to talk. Rainbow Dash picked up Scootaloo; all while keeping her wrapped up, and put Scootaloo on her back. Scootaloo, despite how much it hurt, wrapped her hooves around Rainbow Dash's neck.

"Hold on Squirt, we are gonna be booking it back to the Library."

**********

Thunderlane burst through the front door of the library and shook the snow off his coat. He had been looking around for a solid hour and a half, but he gave in because he was freezing. Thunderlane had a massive knot in his stomach. He really was hoping Rainbow Dash had found Scootaloo, because he knew this was going to end up bad if she didn't. Rumble was sitting in a chair tapping his hooves.

"Did Rainbow Dash...find her?" he asked his brother. Rumble gave him a nod and he shot straight upstairs for Scootaloo's room. However, he found the door locked. He could hear voices on the other side of the door, but he couldn't make out what was being said. After waiting patiently, there was a small click and the door opened. Rainbow Dash came out of the room and shut the door immediately.

"Before you go in there, we need to talk. Let's go to Twilight's room," Rainbow Dash told him quietly. Thunderlane didn't argue and followed. The two of them sat down on the bed and Rainbow Dash spoke, but didn't look at Thunderlane.

"She's alright, she's just warming up. I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure she was pretty close to suffering from hypothermia," Rainbow Dash explained. Thunderlane gulped nervously and allowed Rainbow Dash to continue.

"We talked about why she did that and I was a bit surprised by her response. She said she didn't want you to be her friend because she doesn't want you to date Twilight anymore," Rainbow Dash continued.

"She...she doesn't?" Thunderlane baffled said, "Should I ask why?"

"She only said that, because she's worried if you and Twilight start getting closer, she's going to lose more time with her mother. I pushed this subject a bit further and she told me that for the past week, Twilight has been rather busy with reports and they hadn't been able to spend much time together," Rainbow Dash said.

Thunderlane gave a bit of a sigh and swallowed nervously. "I didn't realize that's how she felt. I....I really wish she would have just told me that instead of running off."

"Don't worry about that, she realizes that was an extremely stupid way to handle the situation. She also wants to talk to you if you're up for it," Rainbow Dash added.

Thunderlane didn't even give that a second thought. He really wanted to clear the air with the little filly. He gave Rainbow Dash a nod and the two of them went back to Scootaloo's room. They opened it and walked inside. The room was dimly lit by the bedside lamp. Thunderlane sat down in the chair that was beside the bed. Scootaloo was covered with layers of blankets and was staring off at the wall behind Thunderlane. Rainbow Dash stuck her head next to Scootaloo's and whispered.

"Thunderlane agreed to talk with you. I'll be outside if you need me."

Rainbow Dash left the room, but did leave the door slightly ajar. Neither Thunderlane, nor Scootaloo said anything for a few seconds, but then, finally, the little filly spoke up.

"I'm sorry for causing you so much grief, Thunderlane," Scootaloo apologized.

Thunderlane patted Scootaloo on the head lightly. "I'm sorry too, Scootaloo. I shouldn't have yelled at you and said all those things."

"You shouldn't be sorry, I was being selfish," Scootaloo rebutted .

"How so?" Thunderlane asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"I was worried you were going to take my mom away from me. I was worried that I would be spending less time with her with you around. I didn't even take her own happiness into consideration," Scootaloo sniffed. Thunderlane let Scootaloo wipe some tears from her eyes before continuing.

"Rainbow Dash said Twilight had been busy, so you two hadn't been having much time together. That must hurt and I can't even begin to understand it. To think that I'm going to take your mother away though is silly. I would never ever get in the way of your relationship," Thunderlane explained. Scootaloo wiped away a few more tears and snuggled up under the covers a bit more.

"I know that I wasn't thinking," Scootaloo grumbled.

Thunderlane, rather carefully, patted Scootaloo on one of her exposed hooves. "It's alright. So, do you maybe want to start over and try and have a good weekend?"

Scootaloo flipped around and stared at the ceiling for a bit. Thunderlane didn't press her at all. Finally, after about a minute of silence, Scootaloo flipped around and spoke up.

"I'd like that, Thunderlane," Scootaloo said quietly. Thunderlane gave her a smile and then got up from his chair.

"I'll go let Rainbow Dash back in then," he told her. Before he got to the door though, Rainbow Dash opened it. Thunderlane knew that she had probably listened and honestly didn't care. Rainbow Dash went straight for the bed side and talked to Scootaloo quietly.

"Everything go okay then?" she asked the filly. Scootaloo nodded her head and Rainbow Dash gave her a smile.

"Can you stay?" Scootaloo asked her idol. Rainbow Dash looked at her and then at Thunderlane.

"I don't care," he said with a shrug. Rainbow Dash gave Scootaloo a nuzzle and then got up from her chair.

"I'm gonna go talk to Thunderlane for a bit and then I'll be back up," she told the filly. Thunderlane took that as a cue to leave and Rainbow Dash followed him in suit. The two of them went downstairs to the kitchen. Before he was able to sit down, Rainbow Dash gave Thunderlane a smack on the back of the head.

"Ow, what the hay was that for?" Thunderlane shot in annoyance.

"That's for what you said about me, dumb plot," said Rainbow Dash with a small snicker, "On a more serious note though, thanks for handling that seriously."

Thunderlane rubbed the back of his head a bit more before speaking up. "Well, I suppose I deserved that. So you’re not gonna give me grief about all this?"

"Well, some of this is your fault," Rainbow Dash told him, "But to be honest, most of this is Scootaloo's fault for not thinking properly."

"I mean yeah, she wasn't really thinking, but I still feel like I was the main cause of this," Thunderlane responded. The next thing Rainbow Dash did threw him for a loop. She gave him some compassion and understanding.

"Don't beat yourself up, Thunderlane. Yeah, you shouldn't have yelled at her, but Scootaloo really should have thought this through a bit or at least talk to you rather than run away," Rainbow Dash said, "Anyway, I'm gonna hit the hay. Don't feel bad about this and don't worry about Twilight. If something happens, I'll talk to her."

As Rainbow Dash walked away, Thunderlane called after her. "Hey Boss...thanks for helping."

Rainbow Dash gave him a smile and then disappeared for the evening. Thunderlane sat at the table for just a bit longer before grabbing Rumble, who had fallen asleep on the couch, and heading upstairs.

At least the weekend is probably gonna go better now.

**********

Thunderlane sat downstairs in the library reading a book and sipping on a cup of coffee. It was amazing how fast time flies because it was already Sunday. Friday may have been rough, but Saturday had been great. Thunderlane, Rumble, and Scootaloo spent pretty much the entire day playing in the snow. Rainbow Dash even joined them for half of it. They went out to dinner at the Ponyville Cafe and then went and saw a movie. Scootaloo's attitude had changed dramatically between the two days and this made Thunderlane happy.

I almost wish we could have some more time for fun, he thought as he took a sip of coffee, I'm sure there will be time for it in the future.

As Thunderlane placed his cup down, the lock on the door clicked and Twilight walked in. She was carrying Spike on her back and their bags were levitating next to her.

"Brr, its cold out there," Twilight shivered as she shut the door. Thunderlane set his cup down and got up to help.

"You're home rather early," he mentioned as he helped Twilight set down the bags.

"Princess Celestia let me and Spike leave early. Might have been because I blabbed so much about wanting to be home with Scootaloo," Twilight explained, "So how was everything?"

Thunderlane sighed and Twilight eyeballed Thunderlane. "Did something bad happen?"

"Why don't you set Spike down and we can talk over a cup of Joe," Thunderlane told her. Twilight felt this was fair, but she was worried that something was wrong. After setting Spike down, they went to the kitchen. Twilight kept pestering Thunderlane, but he didn't speak until she had her coffee. Afterwards, he talked and she listened. This went on for a solid half an hour.

"Now before you say anything," Thunderlane finished, "Please don't be mad at Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash tried to convince me that this wasn't my fault, but it really was. If I hadn't yelled at her, she wouldn't have left. So whatever happens, I understand."

Twilight took a sip of her coffee. Thunderlane couldn't tell if she was angry or not. It didn't seem like it, but you never know.

"I'm not mad, Thunderlane," she finally said.

Thunderlane was speechless so Twilight kept speaking.

"You both seem to be at fault, but to be honest I think this is my fault."

"Wait wait, hold on a sec," Thunderlane sputtered, "How in the world is this your fault?"

Twilight took another sip of coffee and cleared her throat. "For the past week, Scootaloo has been asking to have some of my time. I kept promising it to her, but then I would get caught up in something. I told her later, but later never came and I feel like a terrible mother for doing so. She understands that I have my work, but I feel like I should have just put the work down and done something with my daughter."

Before Thunderlane could even stop it, Twilight was bawling.

"Hey hey, it's okay Twilight. It happens to all of us. I couldn't even count the amount of times I had to bail on plans with Rumble because something came up. It's just a simple mistake," Thunderlane cooed. Twilight sniffed and wiped some tears from her eyes.

"Yeah, but she's my little girl, Thunderlane and I don't want to be a bad mother," Twilight cried.

"Well then, don't let it happen again, Twilight," said Thunderlane sympathetically, "That's really all you can do. If you love her as much as I know you do, you'll be fine. You're a great mother, Twilight and it plainly shows."

Twilight looked at Thunderlane and gave him a smile. "Thanks, Thunderlane, you're right. Why don't you and your brother stay for breakfast."

Thunderlane chuckled and gave Twilight a peck on the cheek. Twilight's face went pink and she giggled a little. She gave him a kiss back and then got up and started to work on breakfast. As they cooked, they just talked. Nothing romantic or anything. Just a plain and simple chat. Twilight was really happy she had so many ponies in her life that cared for her.

Author's Note:

This is everyone's Christmas and Birthday present. Big shout out to TimeLord_Whooves for editing this in one night and sending it straight back to me. I hope everyone liked it. This chapter was sort of influenced by how in certain movies the mom gets a new boyfriend and initially the kids don't like them. After spending some time with them though they become friend and so on and so forth. Anyway guys I hope you enjoyed. I can't promise the next chapter will come out very soon but I'll try my best to not take to long.