• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 13,748 Views, 309 Comments

Darkness within the Twilight - Mordy



Upon her first use of darkness its taste lingered within her mind, creating an ever growing thirst and revealing her true desires. With her recent elevation to an alicorn and princess she begins to find her desire for power insatiable.

  • ...
16
 309
 13,748

Ch4: Ancestor

Darkness within the Twilight
By: Mordy

Ch4: Ancestor

Twilight could do nothing, but stare mindlessly at her notes. She was still in a state of shock and disbelief. Against all insurmountable odds or perhaps by some cruel joke of the universe, she was related to one of the most terrible rulers ever to be conceived, King Sombra.

She breathed slowly and steadily, trying to calm herself down and figure out how to deal with this. So, she went with her usual go to plan when dealing with problems; make a list. Thus, Twilight began to create a pro and con sheet about this inconvenient fact that had been thrust onto her.

To sum up the list she made, the pro side was for the most part… lacking. She tried to cheese some of the positives. Unfortunately, it was useless and the negatives were a mile long, rapidly increasing her worry. Things like her friends believing she would turn evil at any moment or something ridiculous like having a sudden obsession with crystals.

Crystals are nice…

“Yeah, they are nice… oh no it’s already happening!” Twilight shrieked as her eyes widened and her hair became a little more tangled. If she were to listen to her own mind a little more closely at that moment, she’d hear it face hoof at her comment.

Will you quit your bellyaching and go to bed. You should discuss this with Sombra and get it over with.

“Oh no, I’d rather think about anything else than talk to that tyrant right now!” Twilight replied with a harrumph. She was feeling pretty stubborn at this point and procrastinate the meeting as long as possible.

Very well, let’s put that to the test… tentacles!

Twilight merely scoffed, “Please, that’s not going to work on me twice,” funny enough; if Twilight hadn’t been too distracted with the whole relation to Sombra she might have realized she was having a very unusual conversation with herself. She maybe even would have started to question if this was even her own mind she arguing with or if she had finally gone over the deep end and was going insane… again.

Oh really? Well this is very good, because we have come up with the most detailed and wonderfully erotic images of us being used and abused by a wide selection of tendrils in a variety of shapes and sizes. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!

Twilight just stared out into space blankly, “You lie…”

Oh, am I? Do you really want to take that chance?

Twilight snorted, “I don’t believe I’m so perverted to come up with…” Her words quickly died in her mouth

What is seen...

Within her mind’s eye an image of such grisly detail popped in her head that for a moment Twilight forgot that she was merely imagining it. And true to her promise, it involved her, tentacles, and a lot of other things she wished she hadn’t seen.

...can’t be unseen…

Her face was redder than apples and she shouted, “OH SWEET CELESTIA I NEED BRAIN BLEACH!”

Go to bed and I’ll stop showing it. Of course, we have many more stored up here in your noggin that I would love to share with you! Twilight’s mind said with a taunting sing-song voice. It was really enjoying this mental torture on her conscious self.

“Fine, fine! I’ll go to bed, just stop with the images!” Twilight requested pleadingly as rubbed her temples with her hooves and shook her head from side to side in a futile attempt to remove the pesky memory of the vile image.

Very well, but if you ever want to see more we’ve got plenty to show off up here!

The image faded and Twilight sighed at the moments reprieve. She breathed slowly trying to calm herself as her mind defragged from the mental strain she had just received.

With a tired groan and a sigh of annoyance, Twilight cantered over to her bed and launched herself into the comfy sheets. At first she didn’t think she would be able to sleep, but no sooner had she got herself comfortable did she find herself descending deep within her subconscious.


Once again, coronation dress, black void, an old Tyrant unicorn, and a very annoyed young alicorn met. Twilight begrudgingly approached the former king who was now wearing a very neutral expression. She stopped before him and took a deep breath and dared to look him in the eyes.

He stared back and broke the silence, “Twilight Sparkle, I am your ancestor!” Sombra pointed his armor clad hoof at her accusingly.

“No, that’s not true! That’s impossible!” She retorted and cringed back defensively from his hoof.

“Search your feelings; you know it to be true!”

“No! Noooooo!” She shouted out into the void hoping beyond hope that her call would reverse the reality she was now forced to face.

Sombra raised an eyebrow at her reaction and tapped his hoof impatiently, “Are you done being a drama queen?”

Twilight blushed and cleared her throat, “Umm, yes… I think I’m done- eek!” she quickly found herself being grabbed by Sombra and was being… hugged? Twilight had to take a minute to register what was happening just now and didn’t figure it out until Sombra started laughing gleefully.

“Hahaha, my bloodline lives on! This also means my family still rules the Crystal Empire!” Sombra let go of Twilight at that moment and then raised his hoof to the non-existing sky of her mind and shouted out, “Take that Luna and Celestia, I win! After all your efforts to try and remove me and my line from the throne we still have it!” he laughed wickedly at his triumph via a technicality before returning his attention to Twilight.

She just stared at him blankly and cocked her head and in response to this Sombra brought his hoof to his mouth and gave an embarrassed coughed. Twilight looked away and cleared her throat, “So… what now?”

“Hmm, well seeing as your family this changes things,” Sombra grinned toothily at Twilight and she backed up a little bit.

“In what way?” Twilight still kept her distance from him. She had no doubt he had something malicious planned for her and she didn’t want to have any part of it.

Sombra chuckled and explained, “Since you’re not eager to restore me so I can personally teach you, which I can’t blame you for, I’m going to give you the tools necessary to teach yourself.”

Twilight perked up thinking for a moment she had misheard him before she tried to get him to reconfirm. “Wait, really?”

“Yes, I just need two things in return…”

Twilight’s face soured. “And there it is,” She sighed and asked, “What do you want?”

“My demands are really simple. First, you don’t reveal that I’m still alive. If you were to do that my continued existence could be… threatened,” Sombra replied while looking away nonchalantly trying not to look as worried as he really was.

“That’s reasonable,” Twilight said while humming to herself.

Sombra smiled and chuckled, “Good, now my second demand is a little more complicated. I want you to recover a personal possession of mine.”

Twilight sat down and glared at him with suspicion while crossing her hooves against her chest. “Why do I get the feeling that this is something best left alone?” Her nostrils flared angrily and then asked, “So, what is it?”

Sombra pointed to his head and tapped his horn, “This.”

“Your... horn?” Twilight just stared at Sombra’s black, curved horn with a red tip. “I’m a little confused. Mind explaining?”

Sombra raised his head haughtily. “Gladly! You see, when my body was destroyed at my empire–”

“I think you mean Cadance’s empire,” Twilight interrupted with a satisfied smirk.

Sombra frowned and glared at her before continuing, “Yes… her empire. Anyway, my body was destroyed, but a small piece of me survived the explosion.”

“Your horn,” Twilight quickly assessed.

“Correct! You recover my horn and I’ll give you everything you need to learn dark magic on your own,” Sombra gave an award winning smile, but Twilight wasn’t looking too impressed.

“Let me guess, your horn is the key to you getting restored?” She scowled at him and took a few stomps toward him.

Now it was Sombra’s turn to back up, “Well, you would be right on such an assumption. However, just getting my horn won’t bring me back. I only want you to collect it and keep it safe. That’s it!”

“Really, why would you only stop there?” Twilight wasn’t being paranoid for nothing. This was Sombra after all; it could easily be a trick or a trap.

Sombra smirked knowingly, “Because it is my belief that you’ll willing want me around. It’s not just dark magic I can teach you after all. Let’s just say this is me investing into your future.”

Twilight looked down in thought, a bit ironic considering where she was. If Sombra kept his end of the bargain she would have access to a plethora of knowledge that could have been lost for well over a millennia. On the other hoof, if he was lying she could accidently release a terrible blight onto Equestria. There was terrible risk with all of this.

With a sigh Twilight responded, “Let me… think about it.”

Sombra trotted right up to her side and put one of his cold hooves around her shoulder before giving her a reply, “Very well, if you do decide to go with this, head to the Crystal Empire and wait for further instructions. Sound good?”

“Alright…” Twilight relented with a sigh as she began to fade away back into her dreams. Slowly she became more and more transparent before disappearing completely.

Once Twilight was gone Sombra involuntarily flinched when he heard a voice call from behind him, “I certainly hope you aren’t trying to trick us. It could be very hazardous to your continued existence.”

He didn’t need to turn around to know who had asked him that. He was somewhat used to the dark side that Twilight harbored deep in her mind. This side of her was her darkest ambitions and desires. It was what she was capable of if she were to embrace her inner darkness and relinquish her morals that held her back. Frankly, this side of her scared him with how ambitious she could be.

“Trust me, I’d dare not cross you,” Sombra answered honestly.

“You mean us,” the dark Twilight corrected, referring to herself and her conscious side.

“No, you’re the only one I’m wary of,” He replied while remaining completely still.

She chuckled and cantered in front of him. She was now wearing a get up similar to him, except with a rich purple robe and patted his cheek tauntingly with an armored covered hoof. Her choice of wear was somewhat flattering, but that didn’t ease the chill that ran through him. And it was even more disturbing when she started to speak to him in a sexy and haughty voice, especially since they were distantly related, “Oh, but soon enough you’ll learn to fear both of us.”

Sombra gulped and dark Twilight started to laugh as she lit her horn up with black magic and disappeared into the abyss, leaving Sombra alone with her haunting warning…


Twilight yawned as the morning sun shined through her guest window. She yawned and shielded her eyes before stretching out. Sitting up, Twilight wiped the sleep from her eyes as she pulled herself out of bed.

She wasn’t feeling perky and not just because it was early in the morning. There was a big decision she had to make here that could potentially affect all of Equestria… or only her. It really depended on how much she could trust Sombra. Twilight thought he was sincerely happy to find that she was related to him, even though she wasn’t that enthusiastic about it herself.

Pushing those thoughts out of her mind she found something to perk up to. She would get to spend this morning having breakfast with Celestia. This caused her to smile wider and get excited as she started to wake up.

She began her morning routine such as brushing her hair and teeth, but also made sure to pack up her books and organized her notes. She was still collecting them with her magic as she trotted out the door… and right into Luna.

Both of them lost their concentration and dropped their notes they had been carrying. Thankfully nothing spilled out of their respective binders and the two alicorns scrambled to retrieve their notebooks. Each princess was thankful that none of sensitive materials each one contained had fallen out. Neither wanted to be questioned about subject mattered within.

“Terribly sorry princess!” Twilight said as she scrambled to recover her belongings.

“Think nothing of it! And it’s Luna, Twilight. No need to address me like that,” Luna replied reassuringly as she placed the notes under her wing. “My sister awaits you for breakfast. Make haste for she is busy again today and can’t afford much time to spare.”

With a gallop Twilight ran off while calling back to her, “Thank you and see you later!”

Luna smiled and went on her way. If either had bothered to check their notebooks they would have realized that they had, to no one’s surprise, grab the wrong one. But they would realize that later…


Celestia and Twilight sat across from each other at a long elaborate table meant to hold up to fifty ponies at once, but they dined alone. A large selection of breakfast goodies had been placed before them. Far more than either one of them could eat, but having the selection was still nice. Piles of pancakes, eggs, hash browns, waffles, and other delicious delectable treats of the breakfast kind were set out for the two princesses. For now, both were satisfied with just having the stack of pancakes topped with maple syrup.

Twilight eagerly ate her food with delight, while Celestia was taking dainty bites and going over important documents. They were in regards to a futile hunt for a wanted pony by the name of Shop Keep that had eluded them for months without a trace. He had practically made a fool out of her guard with how he had managed to escape their clutches. Add onto the fact he was considered dangerous had made him a high priority on Equestria’s most wanted list. Of course, the reasons for his arrest had been downplayed and were on a need to know basis.

Not wanting to be a bore, Celestia asked without looking up from the folder, “So, Twilight, how did your research go?”

Twilight had to resist the urge to choke on her food as she swallowed. She took a moment to sip from her glass of orange juice before she spoke up, “Oh, good. It’s not like I discovered I was related to an insane and evil king who used dark magic to enslave ponies to do his bidding and probably wants me to someday become a tyrannical queen and possibly conquer all of Equestria while overthrowing you using said dark magic,” Twilight took a deep breath and gulped at what she just rambled out.

“That’s nice,” Celestia replied while still not looking up from what she was reading.

Twilight blinked and asked, “Prin- I mean Celestia,” She shook off how weird it felt to call her by name, “Are you not paying attention?”

“Uh-huh,” She replied obviously distracted.

Glaring annoyingly at the princess of the sun, Twilight decided to test how much she was paying attention. “Sombra is still alive and currently his essence is living in my head.”

“How interesting.”

Twilight resisted the urge to facehoof, but then thought she could have a bit of fun with this. She cleared her throat and spoke, “I’m planning to start expanding my knowledge of dark magic so I can protect my friends at the risk of possibly restoring Sombra and maybe overthrow you while I’m at it.”

“I wish you the best luck.”

“I secretly have a tentacle fetish and dream of experiencing it with you and Luna,” Twilight said, but made sure to reassure herself that she really didn’t.

“Don’t we all.”

“I’m going steal the Crystal Empire right from under my Cadance and my brother’s noses then use it as a base of operations while I plan to conquer all of Equestria. Oh, and I’ll do it with the help Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings!”

“That’s nice.”

Twilight was fighting off every urge to giggle and decided to throw out one more jab, “You should really lay off the cake because you’re getting a very fat flank!”

Celestia’s head shot up with a deathly glare, “What was that about my flank?!”

Twilight froze like a deer caught in the headlights and pinned her ears back before she responded in a squeaky voice, “Nothing, you must have misheard me!”

Celestia shook her head and apologized, “I’m sorry if I’m not paying much attention Twilight. I am just so busy as of late. You understand, right?”

She nodded back to Celestia, “Of course, I completely understand.”

The princess smiled warmly back at her and nodded, “So, what are you planning to do now?”

Twilight thought for a moment at that query. It was quite the loaded question. The decision she made could shape her future in ways she couldn’t even begin to imagine. Her first thought was to come clean and not chase this promised folly that Sombra was offering her. Yet, this nagging feeling in the back of her mind was telling her to think otherwise. That passing up on this opportunity would make her regret it for the rest of her life.

“Well, Twilight?” Celestia prodded as she waited patiently for her students answer.

“I think,” Twilight considered her answer a few more times before giving in and replied, “I think… I’m going to go pay my brother a visit,” She gave her former mentor a small smile of reassurance.

Celestia chuckled at the response, “I think he would love a surprise visit from you and so would Cadance,” Celestia looked up at the time and frowned, “So much to do. If you’ll excuse me Twilight,” Celestia stood up and placed the royal documents under her wings, “I have much that I need to attend to.”

Twilight waved to her as she trotted out of the room and muttered to herself, “It’s quite alright. I have a train to catch…”

Author's Note:

Sorry I made you all wait so long. Formatting these chapters on FimFiction is always a pain. I always feel more confident of my stories after I do a little proofreading, allowing me to make some sentences flow better. I hope you all enjoy and if I get continued support I may try and focus more on this story than my others. Comments and opinions always appreciated!