• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 1,263 Views, 14 Comments

Memories - PoP-TarT



She had had the dreams before, but this one was different. It was a warning, telling Celestia to do one this she wishes she would never have to do. Dig up the old memories.

  • ...
2
 14
 1,263

Dreams and blood. Weird combo.

Her magic faded as the last of the sun’s rays left the horizon and the moon rose on the opposite side of the land.
Celestia sighed. Her magic was becoming weaker and weaker, just like her body. 'And your mind' she thought to herself.
It had been almost 2 years since Discord had been turned back to stone, but the dreams had started up 3 months ago. Since then, her eating had declined. No one had noticed until about a week and a half ago, when ponies had seen that her skin was wrapping around her rip bones and her body shaking with every heartbeat.
And her mind. It was now easier to get her to cry. About anything and everything. Overall, she was weaker.
Celestia sighed and walked from her private balcony and into her room, closing the glass sliding door and both heavy curtains with her magic, plunging the room into total darkness. She then moved by memory, taking off her shoes, chest plate and tiara, putting them on their rightful place on the hooks and racks.
She walked to her bed, feeling her way into the covers. She knew she should be down at dinner. With the Royal Wedding coming up, she had to look healthy in front of her subjects. 'I'll Start eating tomorrow' she thought to herself.
She settled down, not at all tired, but testing to see if see would have a dream.
The days of the dreams had no pattern to it. She had even recorded the days between the dreams and, after a month, gave the numbers to Twilight to see if she could find a pattern. A few days later, see got a long letter from Twilight explaining the methods that she used. All in all, it was an apology for not succeeding. Celestia hurriedly sent her a letter lying about how it was just a random bunch of numbers she picked out of the thin air as a test to see her methods and that she had passed. It successfully calmed Twilight down.
The way she knew she was going to have one of these dreams is that, no matter that she wasn’t tired at all, she would hop into her bed and be out like a light.
She felt the sleep come from the back of her mind, very quickly shutting it down and pushing her into an un-wanted sleep. 'Lets see what lala land has install for me' she thought bitterly to herself as she half willing let sleep take her…

***

White. Not a speck of colour except for the colour on her. White.
In her eyes, this was strange. The dreams usually started off with her running in a never-ending field or an old memory. But it was just white.
And it scared the hell out of her. This was new. Too new.
Suddenly, a voice spoke, sensing her discomfort “ It’s alright, Celestia”. She was almost shocked at how much kindness was in those words. “ I just want to make this short and sweet. Straight to the chase, as it where”.
She wanted to look around to find the owner of the voice she knew all too well, but found that she couldn’t move a muscle. Then he appeared.
His colourful mismatched animal limbs stuck out on the white background. He stood there, a small smile on his face. “ Hello Celestia” he said quietly.
“ Hello… Discord” she said just as quietly. That’s all she could do. She still couldn’t move an inch.
He slowly came forward, making sure not to make her uncomfortable. When he was right in front of her, he carfully bent down and picked up her front left leg. He looked into her eyes as he brushed the fur around with his lion paw.
“ Do you remember this, Celestia?” He asked her, his voice still quiet. Celestia was finally able to move, but only her head. She looked down at her leg that Discord was still holding. There, she saw that large, ragged scar that run from her knee to almost the bottom of her hoof. He put one of his eagle claws on the start of the scar and traced it all the way to the base. A sharp pain shot up her leg as the blood started to drip.
Suddenly, black drops began to stain the white background. She felt herself slipping back into conciseness. When the world was almost all black, she heard some faint words from the draconequus “ There’s a storm coming, Celestia. It’s time to remember”.
Then it was all black.

***

Celestia woke with a jump. Out of all the dreams she had been having of late, that was surely the weirdest one yet.
She sighed and rolled onto her side. A shock off pain cause her to roll over onto her opposite side and almost off of the bed.
She took a deep breath to ease the pain and pulled the curtains open with her magic. From the position of the moon in the sky, it was about 1 am.
She looked down at her leg and let out a surprised and fearful cry. There, from her knee to almost the bottom of her hoof, was a gash right on her scar.
That’s when she knew. She knew.
It was time to remember. Dig up the memories she had sent to the grave.
She let herself fade into a daze…

***

Little Celestia paced around the entry hall, wild, pink hair flailing behind her and rain hitting the roof hard. Celestia had only just gotten her cutie mark, A nice shining sun. She was going to be the sun princess, so obviously she wanted to be in or learn about the sun. But with it raining and her mother out, she could do neither. So she paced around the hall. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, so quiet she was surprised she even heard it. She waited, seeing if the knock came again. There was another knock, this time louder. Celestia, seeing there was no door ponies around, walked up to the door to open it.
When she opened the door and peaked outside, what she saw made her cry.

Author's Note:

This is the first chapter of my first story, so yeah.