• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 622 Views, 4 Comments

Escape From Tau Volantis - The Gunny



Four SCAF personnel escape Tau Volantis Before the Cleanse Order is issued, after an accident in shock space they end up in an unknown planet with only two of the party remaining....

  • ...
1
 4
 622

Prologue

“Hey Isaac!” Carver shouted as he rummaged through old files and papers

“What? Find anything useful?” Isaac said as he lowered his Plasma Cutter for a moment.

“Well I found a few files on some SCAF guys that may have survived the cleanse order” Carver said

“Might have? What do you mean ‘might’?” Isaac said walking over.

“Well these files here all list them as going missing minutes before the order was issued.” Carver continued

“Well does it say where they went missing? Like they escaped or something?” Isaac asked looking behind them.

“No but I found another file about a personnel shuttle that was taken at the same time.

“That musta been them... Guys didn’t wanna die like the rest I guess.” Isaac chuckled.

“Yeah and if they cared this much to kill them they must’ve had some serious firepower.”

“Yeah... Hey look here.” Isaac said picking up a file and showing it to Carver. “It’s a list of missing weapons that were found earlier before the order.”

“What the fuck is a ‘Vladimir’s Peacmaker’?” Carver said reading the list

“Well I guess we can’t assume it’s a christmas decoration for his mum now is it?” Isaac said sarcastically. “Wow... Why is a flamethrower missing?”

“This is a long list, Guns, grenades, medkits...”

“Ice Axes and chocolate bars?” Isaac said looking at Carver.

“Makeup? Steroids?”

“Party poppers? Where do you even get those?” Isaac said looking over the list.

“What the fuck were these guys up to?”

“Hey here is a recording!.... Who names their kid... Alucard?” Isaac asked.

“Hippies and freaks.” Carver said looking over the files, the name ‘Vladimir’ cuaght his eye.

“Right... Let’s listen.” Isaac said pressing play. The recording hummed to life as someone said.

“Right recording one for mental health status of miner Alucard... Now alucard how are you?” The person said.

“I am feeling great! I don’t know why everyone else is trying to kill each other though... Kinda makes me laugh!” Alucard said chuckling.

“I told you this guys fucking nuts.” A man with a thick russian accent said in the background

“Oh pfff. Like I purposefully killed my mining boss! I told you that guy I stabbed did it! I juat watched!” Alucard argued.

“He’s a section eight if i’ve ever seen one!” the same russian voice said

“Enough!.... Now. Alucard. What happened?” The person befroe said.

“Well the boss was saying something when this guy screaming came out of nowhere and pushed him into the grinder! He started coming for me, but I took this axe here!... And stabbed him fifty eight times in the chest!... Then lit him on fire!” Alucard said happily.

“This guy sounds like a fucking nutcase.” Carver muttered

“Yeah no kidding. Wonder if he was one of the people that lived...” Isaac said.

“Lets see..... Alucard is on the list along with a guy named Vladimir. Think that Ruskie we heard was him?”

“Probably. Wait there is more.” Isaac said as the recording continued.

“Recording four hundred and thirty three.” The same person from the last recording. “Try as we may the subject Alucard has been completely unresponsive. We locked him in the mental ward unti-”

“WOO HOO! AXING TIME!” Alucard shouted as his footsteps were heard through the recording. “CHOP CHOP! Wait a minute... Why is that guy rotting? Eh... Who cares.”

“What in the name of- AUGH!!”

“DOC!.... NO ONE.. HURTS. MY FRIENDS!!” Alucard screamed before something sounding of limbs and blood splattering was heard and the recording ended.

“Well at least he was a... Good kind of crazy?” Isaac said questioningly.

“Anything about this Vladimir guy? From what I can tell he was a heavy weapons specialist.”

“Let’s see... Ah ha! Here! The same ‘Doc’ was questioning him about Alucard.” Isaac said pressing a button on the panel.

“So mister... Vlad was it?” The doc said.

“Da” the russian voice said

“Alright. You said you saw this man stooped over a corpse that was... And I quote ‘Stuck to a wall on fire with an axe in it’s chest’.”

“to quote one of your american comedians If I am lying I am cyring and I am not shedding a tear. I saw that Alucard maniac slicing him up like a radish on May Day.”

“... Right. And have you had any trouble with this guy in the past?” The doc asked as he was penciling somethings down.

“Of course I have, how he ever got passed basic safety training is beyond me!”

“What do you mean? It’s not like he was hanging from that big drill was he?” The doc chuckled.

“.........”

“... Your kidding.” The doc deadpanned.

“......”

“Oh dear marker what have you given me....” The doc said.

“Anything else you need to know? Like how he skins cats.”

“.... Well that explains why there was a mysterious meat this afternoon.” The doc mumbled. “Well other than-”

“He also likes to sing creepy victorian lullabies at MIDNIGHT!” The russian voice continued

“Well that might help him sleep!.... Wait He is a miner... And you are a soldier. How do you hear it?” The doc asked.

“.......”

“.... Well?....” The doc said.

“He sneaks into the barracks and sits in the corner just singing these damn lullabies”

“... Yeah I am gonna earn my pay with this one.” The doc said.

“Did I tell you about ho-”

“Ah ah... I don’t need to hear anymore. How about you though.... You gotta have some stress to relieve here right?” The doc said.

“No sir, When I go out and take out those damned creatures I feel so relaxed.”

“Ah yes the alleged ‘sightings’.” The doc said.

“There is nothing legendary about those mother fuckers.”

“Right well. Just please state your name, position on this facility, and then please sign this form.” The doc said passing something to Vlad.

“Commissar Vladimir Petrenkovich, Heavy Weapons Specialist.”

“Thank you. Now if you would please show Alucard in... I’d like to speak with him.” The doc said before the recording turned off.

“Shit this guy sounds worse than nuts now” Carver said

“Do you believe what he said about the other crazy guy? The one shouting things?” Isaac asked looking around on the table.

“Without a doubt, I bet he was seeing those letters you see.” Carver said before looking at a few pictures. The russian stood out as cold and hard like stone. Another had a guy dancing around in the snow holding an Axe and a Plasma cutter smiling wildly.

“Yeah... I guess you’re right... Here is his file though. And that other guy Vlad.” Isaac said picking up to files. “There are three. One for Alucard and another for Vlad... And I am assuming this is Alucard’s psych file.”

“Well we need to move before the necros smell us”

“Well let’s at least take a look.” Isaac said opening the first file.

Alucard:
Height: 6’2”

Eye color: Grey

Hair color:Coal black

Weight: 200 lbs

Personality: Insane, Will do almost anything you ask him too unless he thinks about it first, Loves to kill things and dismember them, will shout and hug random things at times. Will go into a small rage at the sight of his friends hurt. Loves to go fast and will parkour at any time he gets the chance. Will have random spouts out intelligence. Will quickly become friends will almost anything.

Likes: His knives, his axe, his mining equipment, and anything that he can eat. Furry and soft things. Hugs. Parkour. Fire. Explosions. His lighter. Cigarettes. Meat. Sewing hides of animals together. Skeletons. Anything that he can throw like a knife or axe.

Dislikes: Necromorphs, Soldiers, anything that attacks him or his friends. Not being able to smoke. Anything that puts his fires out. Things that he can’t kill.

Small background/History: Born on earth in america, shipped here to earn a living. Hunted lots and almost anything he could, including humans(bandits mostly). He lived alone most of his life and developed a small affinity for fire when he burned down his old broken down and abandoned orphanage. How he ended up on the mining facility is unknown.

“Well that is slightly disturbing.” Isaac said before opening the second file.

Vladimir Petrenkovich:

Height: 6’4”

Eye color:Green

Hair color: Brown

Weight: 230 lbs

Personality: Cold hearted killer, has a soft spot for ponies, eats meat with joy, may on some occasions show emotion. Likes to beat things, stab things, shoot things, mame things and long walks on the beach. (with a semi auto rifle). Likes apples and radishes

Likes: Vladimir’s Peace Maker, Cossacks Vodka, Vladimir’s Gore Machine, Soup, Stew, Potatoes, Radishes, Communism

Dislikes: Wimps, Cowards, Necromorphs, Capitalism

Small background/History: Born in Moscow Vladimir was top of his class in engineering and history, he crafted his first weapon when he was 12 and was seen instantly as an asset to the Russian Military. In 2299 he was transferred to the SCAF and was immediately sent to Tau Volantis. After that he disappeared with several others before the Cleanse Order went into effect.

Armor and equipment: Vladimir’s Pacemaker (Telemetry Spike Engine with Diffraction Torus), Vladimir’s Gore Machine (Survey Charge with Compressor) SCAF Elite Armor (Digital Camo) Thermite Grenades

“Huh... Well at least he isn’t insane.” Isaac said throwing the two files down and opening the last one. “Let’s see how bad you are Alucard.”


Report on subject #45: Alucard.

Mental Status: Insane.

Mental health issue(s): Bipolarism, Slight dementia, Mania, Tourettes, ADHD, Case of selective schizophrenia.

Recommended treatment: Drug therapy, Shock therapy, emotional therapy, therapy, locked in a padded room without any contact.

Diagnostic: I find almost no hope in ever curing this or even potentially helping this man. His mind is quite literally gone beyond any point of return. I have noted that he will have random cases where he will be completely calm. Other than that he is extremely protective of his friends or anything of personal value.

He attempted to kill a guard earlier because he attempted to take away the axe he hand with him because it was of ‘Personal value’ and he would never part with it. However, I was able to convince him to let go of the axe by telling him he would get it back. He relunctantly gae it over, but it did make wonder.

I am simply convinced that due to all the health issues this man has, he may have merely grown up in the wrong way. A ‘Child in a man’s body’ if you will. I recommend high precaution if you are ever in contact with this man.

Sign, Doctor Michael Stanson.

“Well shit. That guy is seriously messed up.” Isaac said before several gurgled roars were heard outside the door. He dropped the folders onto the desk and ran to the elevator with Carver. “Good thing these guys are dead. No one could have made it in space that long.”

Author's Note:

Co-Write between Myself and Slayerbroman

He wrote for Isaac and Alucard as well as "the Doc"