• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 16,328 Views, 600 Comments

Visual Prowess - UgalaaWriter



During The Fourth Great Ninja War, Sasuke is transported to Equestria. Longer summary in description.

  • ...
48
 600
 16,328

Confrontation

Naruto Uzumaki sat at his desk and sighed. It had been a few days since he’d sent the hawk and he still hadn’t received a message back. He knew that the travel certainly wouldn’t be instantaneous but he couldn’t help but feel worried and be anxious about the entire thing- not only because it dealt with Sasuke. It could potentially be the most dangerous place any shinobi had ever gone- they had no idea what could be lurking on the other side of the portal.

In fact, for all they knew, Sasuke could be on his last legs right now, fighting beasts that were beyond imagination, possessing strength that was unthinkable. And he was just sitting here, waiting, doing nothing- Naruto sighed again. Maybe a visit to his favorite ramen stand would cheer him up. He created a Kage Bunshin quickly as he walked out of the door. The perfect replica of him got busy on the stack of paperwork on the desk, though it had the same worried expression that was matched by the original Naruto’s face.

His coat swirled around him as he walked. As Naruto had grown up even more after the War and turned into a respectable, honorable man, he resembled his father more and more, and their resemblance only grew closer every single day. Naruto’s face on the Hokage Mountain behind the village matched his father’s, who was only a space away, separated by Tsunade, who had stepped down shortly after the War to hand Naruto the position.

She had stayed in the village, though, and was in the shinobi military reserves. She didn’t do much except gamble these days, and occasionally taught some of the younger shinobi who looked up to her combat tactics. Her day job was being head of the medical facilities, and hospital- and she also taught her specialty, what she was known for- passing on her incredible skill as a healer to an entire new generation of eager young men and women.

Naruto saw her from time to time, and she gave constant advice on being Hokage, which Naruto always took. He’d learned everything he knew about being Hokage- besides just the pure strength and ability as a ninja- from Tsunade, and he was always asking her for more whenever they did manage to meet up. He was still new at the job, and would probably take a few years to really settle in and become a great Hokage.

The second he’d walked out of the Hokage Residence, and took a few steps out of the building, he was recognized. But, not as a demon, or a monster, or something that didn’t deserve to live or share the same space as the individuals next to him.

He was recognized as a leader, but most importantly, as a hero.

As he passed them, people hailed him. And the more that did, the more noticed him, and the cycle repeated. He could only blush as the endless praise continued.

“Hokage-sama!”

“The Hero of the Hidden Leaf!”

Three small children, certain to be ninja one day, ran up to him and blocked his path, jumping up and down frantically as they asked questions.

“Hokage-sama, how did you become so strong?” One girl shrieked as she tackled his leg.

“Uh… eating my vegetables and never giving up?”

“Really?” The girl asked; eyes wide. The two boys next to her paid attention with the same amount of enthusiasm. He pushed his hand through his blond hair and sighed.

“Yes, really.”

“Daddy! Buy me some vegetables!” The two boys and their older sister shouted as they ran back to their parents. Naruto could only laugh as he walked to Ichiraku Ramen.

It was what he had always imagined being Hokage would be- the endless praise, the glory, the strength of being the strongest ninja in the village- all of it was true. But, at the same time, he had only discovered that not all of it was great unlike he thought it would be. Like the present, people constantly mobbed him and talked to him during the streets- and while the stares of adoration and admiration were better than glares hatred and malice, Naruto was still getting used to being called a hero. It was certainly something new.

It was also annoying. Just like it was when he’d defeated Pein, afterwards, he could hardly handle all the attention and glory that came along with accomplishing such a feat. People wanted to shake his hand, wanted him to kiss their babies, and wanted him to meet relatives coming in to town. Everyone was proud of Naruto, now- and it was almost like now that everyone realized he was a hero, no one wanted to share him with anyone else.

Naruto nervously rubbed his hand behind his head and grinned. As he walked throughout the village that was glad to be his home, his coat blew behind him in the light wind. In kanji, ‘Rokudaime Hokage’ was visible. He still carried his ninja tools on him- just pure habit- but the truth was that he hardly needed it. He was already a jutsu monster and probably the strongest single shinobi in the Elemental Nations, with Madara dead, Obito dead, and Sasuke randomly disappeared into wherever he’d gone.

Having reached his destination, Naruto gazed at the large structure before him.

He pulled aside the cloth and stepped into the ramen stand. Although, it was more like a ramen shop now. See, after Naruto had become Hokage, it didn’t mean that he stopped going to Ichiraku’s every single damn day. Which meant that, after a short while, people realized where he was attending every day to get his lunch- and subsequently went to the same place. Within a month or two, the place had gotten so much business that they’d expanded- and still, the place was often packed, although there was a special seat in the back just for Naruto- a full orange table and seat for the Hokage.

Instantly, when he entered the shop, everyone cheered him and hailed him, and Naruto could only run his hands through his blond hair, and hold them up, as if at gunpoint. In the back, Teuchi watched as the boy was repeatedly assaulted with verbal cheer, almost endlessly. Teuchi could only barely withhold laughter. It was just funny watching the boy be so nervous about the glory that he’d certainly earned for himself.

Leaning back in his special seat, reserved for him, Naruto waited for Ayame to come over to him and ask what he wanted for lunch. It wasn’t long before the sweet girl strode over in her uniform- which was still the same- and inquired as to what he wanted.

“Two bowls of Miso, please.” Naruto said politely, and Ayame nodded with a small smile before rushing off to help her father take care of the order. They had one or two new employees, but they were mostly used to clean the shop and tidy up the place- and occasionally, organize the supplies used to make the ramen. They weren’t called into work much, and when they did, they only worked a few hours. Ayame and Teuchi still preferred to run the shop by themselves if they could- which they could, and did.

Even though Naruto was embarrassed by the glory and the sudden fame of being both Hero of The Leaf and Hokage, he was letting it get to his head a teensy bit- and why shouldn’t he, after all? He’d worked so hard for a majority of his life to earn the title- saving the village himself, more than once- doing all kinds of dangerous missions, training till he was dying, and not to mention helping save the world and kill some of the most depraved, dangerous criminals known to the Elemental Nations in the form of the Akatsuki.

But, even with everything going so well, Naruto still had trouble thinking about what he was going to do when he received a reply from Killer Bee about Sasuke. He figured that he wouldn’t be able to leave himself- as sad as it was; it was true- at least not right away. What he could do, though, was tell Bee to keep an eye on him, while he got ready to leave. He’d have to make preparations for the village- he couldn’t just go running off chasing after Sasuke anymore.

Naruto had grudgingly accepted that, in all times, the village came first.

Naruto supposed that when he left, he could bring Sakura- no. She wasn’t weak, but she would get in the way of the fight. Not only would the battle be incredibly close, he didn’t want Sasuke hurting her like he did last time. He might not bring anyone with him… He wasn’t sure yet. But, what he was sure of was one simple thing.

He’d drag Sasuke through the gates of The Leaf.

And he would do it himself- this was his issue, anyway.

“Your food’s nearly ready, Hokage-SAMA!” Teuchi taunted. Naruto groaned.

“Not you guys, too!”

There was only amused laughter in the kitchen for a few moments before, a couple of minutes later, Ayame came out with two hot steaming bowls of ramen and a plain pair of chopsticks that she handed the Hokage. She set this down on the table lightly and then grinned at Naruto, before moving away to attend to other orders that were coming in at the lunch time rush of the restaurant. Naruto could only salivate as he gazed at the meal before him.

There was only one thing he could really say.

“Itadakimasu!”

With that said, Naruto split his chopsticks and heavily dug into his ramen. Within a few minutes of eating, there was nothing left- Naruto’s mouth had become a vacuum for ramen over the years. Leaning back into his chair and sighing, he pulled out some money and left it on the table before leaving wordlessly, though it was still impossible not to gather attention. He left, cheeks burning from within as his ears flushed, with people chanting behind him.

After leaving the new Ichiraku’s, Naruto wondered where he was going to go now. He knew that he should go right back to work in the Hokage Residence- but, his clone had that covered, he guessed. So, if his clone had that covered, where could he go?

He lit up as he realized how he could spend his time.

He could go visit Hinata on his free time. She wasn’t on a mission, and was almost assured to be home at this time of the day. Grinning to himself, he began to stride down the street with clear joy in his step as he enjoyed the warm day in Konaha.

Around the same time, a brown hawk was flying into Konaha, carrying a simple message that was tied to it. It was Killer Bee, who’d finally wrote Naruto back. It would fly in, give the message to his clone, which would dispel- and send the news and the information to him.

Now Naruto would have to start making preparations to leave, because he knew where Sasuke surely was. And, unlike Bee, he wouldn’t hesitate to dive into the portal.

__________________________

Sasuke grinned as he saw this new shinobi- who he didn’t really care about- and Killer Bee. One quick activation of the Sharingan, tomoe spinning, told Sasuke that not only did the ninja have a small amount of chakra, compared to him, and was weak compared to him, but that Killer Bee was actually a clone. It didn’t really matter to Sasuke. All that mattered was that others had come here.

And if they had come here, there had to be a way back.

That was what interested Sasuke.

He’d have to play it safe, though. He needed information, and while he could no doubt force it out of the shinobi, he didn’t want to have to. He might never learn some things that would otherwise get him out of his situation that he was stuck in.

The shinobi didn’t notice his eyes- and he soon deactivated the Sharingan.

Forcing a false smile on his face, he started a discussion with the shinobi.

“You come from the Elemental Nations, right?”

“Of course.” The man said, and then grew nervous. “That is where we are, right?”

“No. We’re in a place that’s much, much more innocent. They don’t know what a kunai is here. There are no shinobi here. I came here in the middle of the War. How did that end, by the way?” Sasuke said. He tried to work it in as a casual question.

“Your hatred, yes, it ran so deep, but your plan failed, you stupid creep!” Killer Bee’s clone shouted, and Sasuke narrowed his eyes in his annoyance, before launching a kunai casually at the clone and dispelling it.

“Oh, so he was a clone. Oh well.” The missing-nin shrugged, and then peered around the forest a bit more, looking past Sasuke as he inspected their surroundings.

“So, if we aren’t in the Elemental Nations, then where are we?”

“Some place called Equestria. Everypony are horses here.”

“Everypony?”

Sasuke growled audibly. It was beginning to get to him, this place.

The man, despite being an experienced ninja and killer, started growing nervous at the amount of killing intent the strange ninja had suddenly started producing.

Sasuke calmed his rage just as quickly, though, even though it was hard to shove it down. He glanced back at the man, who was calming down. He’d been tensing, getting ready for a fight- it felt like the man in front of him wanted to kill him.

“So, as I asked before: who the hell are you?”

“Just another ninja. It’s not very important. But I do want to get back to The Elemental Nations, though. After the War, what happened to that place? I’ve been here for a while.”

“Not much. Most of the current Kages survived, although the fifth of the Leaf stepped down and some other blond kid stepped up. He looks like the fourth did apparently. I don’t know, I was never from the Leaf, and I wasn't there for the battle, either. Imagine, what if he was like the Fourth’s son or something?”

So, Naruto. You’re finally Hokage. Maybe you’ve learned something from the job.

“That’s interesting news. Very interesting.”

“So, this Equestria place, wherever we’re in… how long have you been here?”

“Too long. I miss home. Trust me, this place is annoying.”

“How annoying?”

“You can’t do anything around here. They think that they can solve problems by just talking, and there’s zero violence here, whatsoever. It’s incredibly, annoyingly innocent. I just want to be back home where things make sense again,” Sasuke said, sneering at the man.

“And the locals are all… horses?” The missing-nin asked.

“Well, they say they’re ponies. But they’re horses, basically.” Sasuke replied.

“That’s strange.”

There was an odd silence in the forest, before Sasuke asked the obvious question.

“How did you get here?”

“Well, through a portal. But… I’m not sure if you would want to see it. I’m not really sure what’s happening with it, but I’m pretty sure that-“

“Whatever! Just take me to it!”

“Fine, fine!”

Though the man seemed a little angry and annoyed, he led Sasuke to the portal. They traveled to it in record time- the man, as a missing-nin, wasn’t slow, and Sasuke for once didn’t have to wait on anyone that was trying to catch up behind him.

After only a few minutes of traveling in the forestry, they reached what had become a small clearing. It looked similar for some reason to Sasuke- this must’ve been where Fluttershy found me, or somewhere around here- and above them, a hole in the air moved.

Only, it seemed… wounded. The hole, while still there, was not the same as it had been for the missing-nin a short time before. It seemed it was trying to fix itself- seal itself up. It was like someone had torn their flesh, and they had only dropped one layer of skin over the wound. The hole was still open, but it was obvious that it was trying to… heal, for lack of a better word, reality.The hole, while still there, was fluxing a bit, and it looked like a small film of material was growing over the opening- its scab, you could saw.

Sasuke only grinned, though, as he saw his chance for escape.

As he tensed his leg muscles to jump, a nagging voice in his mind spoke.

He’s a missing-nin, Sasuke. A missing-nin who would certainly no doubt terrorize Equestria and attack and even kill ponies. He was a criminal there, but at least there’s something that could enforce law in your lands. Here… he may be killed by Celestia or Luna, but he would kill anyone else, and no doubt before he died he would’ve caused constant chaos and terror. Could you really let something like that run free, knowingly, Sasuke? Are you still the same obsessed, selfish piece of trash that-

Sasuke growled as he smacked himself in the side of his head. It never shut up! At the very least, the others did, but his Guilt… he sighed, but didn’t stop getting ready to jump and travel through it. He turned to the shinobi, who was watching him with a strange curiosity.

“Is it safe to travel through there?”

“Are you a missing-nin?”

“Yes.”

“Then no. When I left there, the fourth Raikage and his brother were after me. Besides, I may have gotten lucky when I traveled through there. I’m not in a hurry to do it again.”

“I’m going to test it.”

Dobe, I’m going to use your jutsu, Sasuke thought as he put his hands together in a seal, only momentarily before he formed a shadow clone of his own. The other Sasuke only looked at the original and nodded, before leaping into the portal fearlessly.

Sasuke only waited at the portal for thirty seconds before he got the memories.

When he did, he screamed.

A void of colors, falling- or being lifted, Sasuke wasn’t sure which- and then an arm had struck out at him, and began to try to kill him. With it being his clone, he had avoided the first few strikes, only to look up in terror as he saw a legion of the black creatures waiting for him, waiting for him to be lifted towards them. It was a one way thing- the clone couldn’t stop it- and had ended up being killed.

The real Sasuke shivered as the memories came back to him and he tried to calm himself down. He probably couldn’t pass through there. There were… things… in the void of the portal. He gave a jealous glance towards the missing-nin, who’d somehow managed to survive the trip. He sighed again before asking the missing-nin if he’d seen anything in there.

“No. Only… colors. I didn’t see anything else though. Besides the Raikage’s brother.”

“There are things in there. Monsters guarding the void.”

“Monsters? Really?”

“Yes, really.”

The gears inside of Sasuke’s head turned as he tried to think it all out logically. The only thing that made any sense was that whatever those things were, they were the guardians of the void. In layman’s terms, they were there to patch up the hole, but had only woken up extremely recently, or, at least, decided it needed fixing recently. He knew that he probably wouldn’t be able to get past them, even with Susanoo. There were too many, that was their place, and they probably controlled it, and they were all strong to boot, as well.

He tried sending in one more shadow clone, only to get the same result. Sasuke sighed before turning to the other shinobi.

“I don’t think we can get back through. We’re stuck here for now.”

“Well, it’s not really a problem for me. I couldn’t even go back there anyway. I’m surprised that I even survived going through there. It was either that or get killed by the Raikage. Probably the worst person I could’ve run into.”

“What, are you a missing-nin?”

As soon as Sasuke asked, there was a awkward silent in the clearing in the forest.

Sasuke sighed.

“I’m not a hunter-nin or anything, you know.”

“But how does that equate to me trusting you?” The man shouted, backing up and putting distance between him and Sasuke. Sasuke only rolled his eyes and scoffed at the weakling.

“It doesn’t. But just calm down. We’re soon going to have a way to get back.”

“Wait, how?”

“Short version is I helped the locals with something and now they’re going to help me back by devising a way to create a new portal or something else that can take us back. There’s magic here, apparently. I’ve met ponies who can use it.”

“It’s still weird to imagine that everyone here is a horse.”

“Trust me, it is. I’m still not even used to it.”

“Well, what now?”

“You can do whatever you want, but I’m going back to Twilight. She’s probably started working on the problem by now. It’s been a little while since I left, so she should’ve at least deciphered something from that old book by now.”

“Twilight?”

“This unicorn horse that I know. It’s hard to explain.”

“Well, if you don’t mind, I’ll come with.”

“You might as well. Trust me, there’s nothing to do around here.”

The shinobi just shrugged and followed Sasuke as he leapt into the branches and began a casual, weakling’s pace. He knew the man wasn’t that strong- he might’ve been fast, but he could tell that even if the man was a B or A rank missing-nin, it wasn’t something to even really worry about. He probably had bad strength, a poor jutsu pool, and not much real training. Most missing-nin left when they were younger, and they didn’t get much stronger over time, unless they had someone to train them.

As they leapt through the forest, the shinobi noticed the marking on Sasuke’s jacket. He could’ve sworn that he recognized it, but it didn’t come to him. Shrugging, he continued running and following Sasuke.

After a few minutes of traveling through the Everfree forest, and reaching the border, Sasuke walked out of the forestry and brushed some leaves and twigs off of his shoulders. He jerked awkwardly once, trying to get all of the dirt and materials off of his body and his head. The shinobi was doing the same. Sasuke lifted one hand and pointed lazily into the distance.

“See that little town over there, not far from here?”

The shinobi peered out into the expanse, and nodded.

“Well, that’s Ponyville. I know, the name is ridiculous. A lot about that place is ridiculous. But, the important part is that’s where the pony that’s going to help us lives.”

“Alright, I think I get it.”

Sasuke rolled his eyes again. Leading the way silently, he walked calmly into town and heard the man following him. The missing-nin was in awe of everything around him. That other shinobi wasn’t lying- everyone here really was a horse. The shinobi couldn’t decide whether or not that was a good or bad thing.

On one hand, no one here would recognize him.

But on the other hand, he had a feeling it would get annoying really fast.

It didn’t take them very long to walk to town and reach the library again. Without even bothering to knock, Sasuke easily pushed the door open and shuffled inside with the shinobi right behind him in tow. Spike, who was still re-organizing the bookshelves, only stared as he saw another one of the humans walk into the place.

“Where did he come from?” Spike asked as looked up at the tall man.

“Same place as me, in the same way as me. I need to talk to Twilight.” Sasuke said, pushing past Spike and going further into the building to find her. This left the shinobi and the young dragon alone, and a long moment of awkward silence prevailed until the man broke it.

“So, what? Are you like a, uh, a lizard, or something?”

“I’ll have you know that I’m a dragon!”

“You don’t look like one. You’re supposed to be bigger and meaner.”

Spike only grumbled and ignored the man as he went back to organizing the bookshelves. This was becoming ridiculous. First Sasuke, who Spike wasn’t really sure about, but now this other guy, too? Where the heck were they all coming from? Spike didn’t know, but he didn’t want a bunch of them here. After seeing how Sasuke acted and how he talked about where he came from- The Elemental Nations, right? - He didn’t really want anyone else from there to come here. They already had enough trouble around here as it was.

“So what, you just organize the bookshelves here?” The man asked, bored.

“Yep.” Spike said, hoping that the annoying thing would go away. He had work to do.

“So, are you the one that runs the library, or…?” The man said, trailing off at the end.

“No. Twilight runs it. I’m only her assistant. She couldn’t do all of this herself.”

“Must be pretty boring. It looks pretty boring.”

“Yeah, it is.” Spike growled. The man only looked down at him strangely before walking off into a different direction. Spike sighed and shoved a book into its place, and hopped off the ladder, before moving it and beginning all over again on the next shelf.

“This place is weird.” The shinobi whispered as he walked through the library/home of Twilight. Oh, an apple! He took it and began eating it as he found Twilight’s kitchen. Everything was smaller scale here- from the furniture to the fridge. Even the building in general wasn’t that large- it had been fairly hard to get in the door, and he’d had to duck when he did so.

Eating the apple, he walked through the building some more; more than once walking through the library where that weird dragon thing was working. After a few detours, he eventually went further into the back, where he found the other shinobi and a weird purple horse thing talking. The purple horse thing had a huge brown book that she was studying. So, was this the ‘Twilight’ that the other guy had been talking about?

Still chewing on the apple that he’d found on the table, he walked closer towards them, listening to them talk as he ate. He swallowed the last of the apple and dropped the core on the floor. Twilight turned and glared at him as she saw what he did.

“Hey, that was my lunch!” Twilight said, outraged.

“Oh well, big deal.” The shinobi replied, picking his teeth with his fingernail.

“Well, if you’re going to eat it, can you at least pick it up and throw it away yourself?”

“Fine, fine. Annoying horse thing.”

“Hey!”

The shinobi ignored anything else she said and walked over to a nearby window, opening it, and tossing the core out of the window. It hit a stallion on the head who was passing by, who raised his hoof and shook it at the building, angry. The stallion glared at the building for a few moments, before walking away while grumbling.

“That’s not even really getting rid of it!” Twilight shouted.

“Whatever,” The shinobi said, and Twilight huffed, before turning back to Sasuke.

“So, there was some kind of portal there?”

“Yes, but we can’t go through it. There are things waiting inside.”

Twilight shuddered as her mind conjured up false images of what they could only look like after Sasuke described them to her. She didn’t blame him for not wanting to go in.

“So I’m going to have to rely on your stupid magic. It’s unfortunate.”

“Magic isn’t stupid!”

Sasuke only muttered something that wasn’t hearable, and they both turned back to the brown book as the shinobi tried to occupy himself by looking around the building. The other ninja wasn’t lying. It seemed that everything in here was fairly innocent- he still hadn’t even seen another weapon here. Dark ideas began to form inside of the ninja’s head as he realized he could probably do whatever he wanted without consequences here.

“But it says here to do plane materialization you need to… wow.”

“What?” Sasuke asked, worried about his own situation.

“No, it’s just that I’ve never had trouble with an assignment like this before. This is probably some of the hardest stuff that I’ve ever read regarding magic. It’s sort of expected though- I didn’t expect understanding this to be easy. Both Clover the Clever and Starswirl the Bearded wrote this book together. I’m almost surprised the concepts aren’t more complex.” Twilight commented as she read through the book some more.

“I wonder what would happen if I…” Twilight said, trailing off. She was hesitant, at first, before her horn began to glow. Sasuke only watched, intrigued, as Twilight’s horn, glowing, began to glow brighter. Then, just as was becoming too bright to look at, Twilight groaned as she felt a pain run through her body, and then-

A bright white shockwave exploded outwards from Twilight as she was blown backwards, along with the other shinobi. Although the wall of force hit him, Sasuke simply stuck his feet to the surface of the floor using chakra, and held his ground- having better reactions than the other ninja. The white shockwave blew back papers and books, and in general shook the building.

After a few seconds, silence returned, and then a voice could be heard downstairs.

“Aw! Really, Twilight? Really?”

“Sorry, Spike!” Twilight yelled as she picked herself up off of the ground and shook herself off. The shinobi only glared at her as she got up, sitting across from her after he smacked into a wall. Twilight shivered as he got up and yelled at her.

“What the hell, horse-thing!? Are you trying to kill all of us or something?”

“Shut up. It’s a side effect of the spell, obviously.” Sasuke said.

Twilight was surprised to hear Sasuke speaking up for, but he wasn’t done.

“She’s helping you get home, so you probably shouldn’t complain. It annoys me especially, so stop it.”

“Sasuke… I didn’t realize that you cared so much about me-“

“Shut up, horse. I don’t care about you. I just don’t like having to listen to complaining.”

Twilight only put on a small smile as she walked back to her desk. She knew that it was just Sasuke’s way of showing that he cared.

I don’t care about her. I’m only interested in getting home.

Guilt decided to speak up, then.

Of course you’re only interested in getting home. The greed and arrogance of the Uchiha is what you’re made up of, after all. Keep on being selfish. It’s the only thing that you’re good at. Worthless thing. Betrayer, murderer. Criminal. Naruto has spent so much time-

“SHUT UP ABOUT NARUTO!” Sasuke yelled as he covered his ears- like he could stop a voice that was coming from inside his mind by covering against external sources. Twilight only stared at him, and when Sasuke opened his eyes and took his hands off his ears, he looked around and saw both the other ninja and Twilight staring at him.

He grunted and walked out of the building, leaving Twilight with the ninja. He only stared at Sasuke’s retreating form, before walking out of the building with him. He wasn’t going to follow him, but probably explore the rest of the town instead
.

Twilight only shook her head for a moment before turning back to the book. Even though she was confused, she still was also concerned, too.

Shinobi are crazy.

She held the brown tome in her hooves as she read through it again, trying to understand the complex meanings of the content within. The last spell had backfired for some reason- and she had to understand why. But even as she read, one thought was running through her mind, and it wouldn’t go away.

Who the buck is Naruto, anyway?

____________________________

Sasuke walked outside of the library and leaned against the side, frowning.

He’d lost control of himself.

He shuddered as the voices spoke- inside his head, sounds bouncing off the walls of his mind- and he shook his head violently, wanting to smash it into the side of the building.

Get out! Get out get out get out!

I’m surprised, Sasuke, Guilt said, and Sasuke could only groan in pain as the voice began speaking louder and even more fiercely inside his mind than before. When you are experiencing pain and suffering, you seem to hate it just like anyone else does. But you seem to lack the same compassion and understanding towards others. Even though Karin was a bad person, you still stabbed and betrayed her. She probably will forgive you in the long run, but is it right to abuse her trust? The Uchiha, all hail the powerful arrogant bastard who thinks he can abuse-

Sasuke let out a pained shriek as he punched himself in the side of his head. He repeatedly battered his fists against his skull until the pain overwhelmed the seemingly endless voice.

It WOULDN’T SHUT UP!

Sasuke’s chest heaved with labored breathing as he hyperventilated.

I’m losing it. I need to calm down. Calm down.

Breathing deeply in and out, he slowed his breath and closed his eyes until all was left was complete silence, save for a small, but annoying voice that said-

You can’t get rid of me so easily. Just like Naruto, I cling to you…

Sasuke bit out a pained groan and stopped leaning on the building, staggering off in a random direction. He closed his eyes for a moment and eventually found himself pressed against a wall. He slid down until he was sitting against the wall and tried to calm down.

“Sasuke, you don’t look okay.”

Sasuke opened his eyes and squinted against the harsh light of the sun as his eyes refocused and saw Twilight in front of him.

“I’m worried about you, Sasuke. What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing, horse. Go back to figuring out a way to send me home.”

“But you’re bleeding.”

What?

Sasuke lifted a hand hesitantly to his head and felt the sides and his black hair. He could feel the blood running down the sides of his head. He’d hit himself so hard that he’d hurt himself. He managed a crazed chuckle before he got up to his feet and shook it off.

“It’s nothing. Go back.”

Twilight only gave him a suspicious frown, but nodded as she walked back into the library. Plopping herself back down at her desk, she could barely concentrate on her spell. She knew that something was wrong with Sasuke- how he’d screamed at nopony was a good indicator of why she had a reason to be worried- but he was too stubborn. Twilight didn’t know how to make him admit it, or approach him about it. He only ignored her when she tried.

Sighing and flipping a page of the large brown page, for now, the mare conceded to the point of simply figuring out the spell.

_______________________________

The shinobi was exploring the rest of the town, but wasn’t really enjoying the stares he was receiving from everyone. He glared back at them, and they quickly walked away, looking in other directions or simply running in terror. He grinned when he saw them do it. The ponies were the weird ones, not him, so why was he being stared at? Do they treat every newcomer here like a diseased person? The shinobi didn’t know, but he didn’t appreciate all of the negative attention.

Spying a cart of apples with some orange horse selling them to the small amount of ponies that were still in the town square, he casually walked up to stand and looked into the sea of apples inside of the cart, searching for the best ones.

Reaching inside, he pulled one out and began to eat it, in front of Applejack.

“Hey! You need to pay for that first!”

With a mouthful of apple fruit, the man responded while shrugging his shoulders.

“What’re you going to do about it?”

“This!” Applejack charged at him recklessly, and when she got close, tried to turn and applebuck him in the leg. The man easily dodged it. Despite being a weaker missing-nin, he knew that this creature had no power. Applejack only tried to buck him again, and failed similarly. The shinobi, beginning to get annoyed, drew a kunai from his pouch.

Casually, and without really trying, he tossed it and watched it bury itself inside of Applejack’s right foreleg. She let out a pained cry and nearly fell to the ground, standing on three limbs as the fourth bled heavily. The kunai was lodged deep. She tried to walk, but only collapsed. The shinobi grinned and took a few more apples before starting to eat them as well.

The small pony that was crouched behind the cart took off deeper into Ponyville.

________________________

Sasuke was walking through town when a small foal came to him, crying, and bulled into his leg. Sasuke only looked down and growled, but was surprised when the pony was crying.

“Dumb horse, why are you crying?”

“Mah name’s Apple Bloom… and my sister Applejack, the mean thing hurt her! You gotta help!”

“Applejack? I think I know her.” Sasuke said, remembering the orange pony.

“Didn’t she wear a hat or something?”

“Y-yes.” The filly said, sobbing at his feet.

The filly was a yellow, normal pony- or as the horses here called them, ‘earth ponies.’ She had a red mane and tail, with a ribbon in her hair. And the cute filly was sobbing at Sasuke’s feet. Sasuke tried to shake her off his feet, but she only clutched harder with her hooves.

“Where is your sister, dumb horse?”

“S-she’s in the middle of town.” Came the muffled reply from Apple Bloom, who had her head hidden in between her hooves and his sandals.

Sighing, Sasuke walked closer to the town square. He wondered what ‘mean’ thing had hurt her. It could be another dragon, though he decided that there would be more pandemonium if something as large as that was attacking the town. It could’ve been one of those weird cat things or wooden wolves from the forest, though.

Rushing faster to the scene, he came upon a bleeding Applejack clutching at her foreleg, collapsed on the ground, and the shinobi above her laughing as he devoured apples. The townsponies shied away in fear, and no one looked ready to do anything about the man’s cruelty. Except for Sasuke, whose eyes widened as he watched the scene.

Inside of him, he felt a feeling he hadn’t felt in a long time.

Sympathy.

For some reason, the scene felt wrong to Sasuke. Normally, he didn’t care about anyone but himself- but it was different now, for some reason…

This place has to be getting to me, Sasuke thought, but…

“Hey, stop it.”

He interrupted the shinobi’s cruel laughter, who stopped eating and took his time to turn towards Sasuke. He only glared back at Sasuke.

“Oh, it’s you. Why should I stop?”

“Because you’re picking on innocent weaklings. Only cowards waste their time with weaklings. Now leave.”

The shinobi chuckled, drawing another kunai from his pouch before spinning it wildly with one finger. He walked a little closer to Sasuke, spinning the black steel. It gleamed in the daylight, dangerous. He smirked as he stopped walking.

“What if I don’t?”

“I was hoping you’d say that.”

Sasuke drew one hand behind him, and gripped the hilt of his sword. He drew it out with a screech of steel- the impeccable grey metal making him even more confident as he held it one hand. His eyes, black, suddenly turned red with complex markings. Blue electricity ran across his blade as he spoke softly.

“If you don’t leave, I’ll kill you.”

TO BE CONTINUED