• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 2,450 Views, 38 Comments

To Live Another Day - Redgrave



When you dwell on the past and regret most of your actions do you let that hinder you when you get thrown into a new surrounding and have the will to move foward? Do you pray? To live another day? An MLP DMC crossover

  • ...
4
 38
 2,450

Words of Change

Chapter 5 Words of Change

What are you going to do with all that power, huh?

No matter how hard you try, you’re never going to be like father!

Is that all you got? Come on! Get up! You can do better than that.

Let’s finish this, Vergil. I have to stop you, even if it means killing you.


A figure grunted as it awoke. He looked around to see where he was at.

“So I see that you have finally awoken.” The voice of a small girl told him. The figure looked at the girl in question. It was a small pale girl with blond hair tied up into two pigtails with black ribbons, and had blue eyes. She wore a poetess long layered tulle and a satin fairy skirt. She looked around 13 years of age. Then the figure looked around the room. It looked like an abandon house that was falling apart.

“Humph, you know it’s rude to ignore a lady when they are talking to you, Vergil.” The small girl told him. Vergil paid no attention to the small girl as he stood up. He moved to the side of the room to pick up what seemed to be a weapon.

“The Muramasa blade hungers for more power as do you, so what is next?” The girl asked. Once again she was given silence in return. Vergil walked to the front of the door and opened it. He was greeted by hot air hitting his face. He took a look outside. The setting was that of a ruined city that looked like a meteor had struck it. He remembered how he got here. He remembered how Dante, his twin brother, had defeated him. He remembered how Mundus took control of his body, how he was defeated by Dante again. How the black hands of Death were dragging him where his soul was already destined to go. How he spent years in vast emptiness. How this little girl saved him. Vergil turned to look at the little girl. She looked annoyed.

“Kasdeya.” Vergil uttered. “Let’s be on our way.”

Kasdeya gave a smile and followed Vergil outside. Vergil looked around him; the clouds were black as night and the sky was blood red. When Dante defeated him as Nelo Angelo, he was cast out to Hell. When he came upon judgment his demonic side was taken away and sealed, to forever walk around as a mortal in the depths of hell. He wondered in vast emptiness for years. Then this small girl appeared before him as he felt that he was going to faint from exhaustion. Healed him and gave him a second chance in redeeming himself. Kasdeya was her name. She was one of the original fallen angels that rebelled against God when Lucifer tried to get a rebellion going. She was the one who crafted and showed mankind the destruction of weaponry, and also had an apprentice by the name of Rodin. With her knowledge she was able to pin point the exact places were demonic weaponry resided.

With Yamato not in Vergil’s possession anymore Kasdeya gave him a better one. Muramasa, The demonic blade. The sheath was black as night, the grip was blood red. The only warning she gave Vergil is that when the blade is released from the sheath blood has to be drawn for it to return to its scabbard.

“We are running out of time, he has found a vessel with enough magical potency to open the portal that your father has closed long ago.” Kasdeya told Vergil.

“That is the least of our concerns; we must first accomplish the task at hand.” Vergil responded.

“To what? Defeat Beelzebub, one of the last of the original fallen angels? Ever since I granted you back some of your inhuman abilities and defeated the other fallen ones you have become rather overconfident.” Kasdeya told Vergil. He just smirked.

“Can’t you feel it? Every time I defeat a demon that resides and rules a part of hell I grow stronger and am a step closer to acquiring my other half.” Vergil had told Kasdeya. She looked at Vergil and could not help to put a smile on her face.

“Well prove it to me, let us depart from here and head through the valley of the dammed, let us witness the power of a Son of Sparda to defeat the being that is second to Lucifer. Plus Beelzebub needs to be put in his place for thinking all high and mighty.” Kasdeya said with a glee in her voice, with that both started walking through the abandoned city for their next destination.
.
.
.

“And that is who I really am and where I come from.” Celestia responded.

“Wait a minute, so where you come from you are this so called alicorn, that governs the land of Equestria and have the ability to turn the day to night and vice versa, and basically the dominant species are hor- I mean ponies?” Dante said dumbfounded.

“Do you see a problem with this?” She had asked somewhat offended by the way Dante was acting.

“No not really just trying to take things in, I mean I have seen and heard weirder stuff, but who am I to judge?” Dante responded going back to his laid back attitude. Celestia just calmed down and brought back her calm attitude. She wasn’t going to make a big deal out of this. She only left out the story of her sister. She hesitated on telling Dante the past sin she did when she had confronted Luna and banished her. She was scared of his reaction.

It was around 11:54 p.m. and the docks were already in sight. As both got closer Dante suddenly felt a powerful magical entity near, he stopped and with that made Celestia stop too.

“Why are we stopping? Is something the matter Dante?” She had asked. Dante just smirked. He grabbed Celestia by the arm and pulled her behind him.

“Hey babe, come out already, never was a fan of hide and seek you know.” Dante yelled out loud. Celestia was wondering what in the world was Dante doing until she felt the powerful magical aura followed by a voice.

“Please I’d rather die than to be caught playing a childish game with you out of all people.” The figure responded. Celestia heard the voice all around her. She was on alert but noticed Dante was calm with a smile on his face.

“So I see you want to skip all of the fore play and get straight to the action.” Dante responded. With that said Dante pushed Celestia to the ground and brought out both Ebony and Ivory out. In that moment all Celestia heard were loud bangs. She covered her ears and looked up to see the fire arms Dante had brought out to fire at the newcomer. The other figure was also shooting at Dante, but to no avail did it hit its mark for whenever it shot at Dante he would cancel out the bullet with his own. It went on for about five minutes when Celestia could not take it anymore. She raised a shield to cover Dante and herself from any more bullets. Confused by the turn of events Dante looked at Celestia with a confused expression as all the fire seized.

“I apologize, but I couldn’t take the noise any longer.” Celestia had told Dante.

“Fair enough.” Dante had told her as he put his guns away. As the shooting had stopped the figure made itself known. Celestia picked herself off the ground and focused on putting more of her magic on the shield, but Dante grabbed her arm.

“Hey there is no need for the shield anymore, we weren't in danger to begin with.” Dante told her. She looked at Dante like if he had grown another head.

“What do you mean weren't in danger?! We were being shot at!” Celestia raised her voice. Dante put a finger in his ear to check his hearing.

“Hey there babe I’m right here, there is no need to scream unless it’s my name.” Dante told her still checking his hearing.

“Well look what we have here.” A figure said as it made itself known. Celestia took in at the woman that had shot at them earlier. She had black hair wrapped into a beehive-like hairdo and gray eyes, has a mole located at bottom of her left cheek close to her lips. Her main attire was composed of a skin-tight suit that had a rose design on the abdomen as well as long white gloves, black and gray heels and thin, gold chains; she also wore glasses that had the design of butterfly wings close to the lenses, three small belts strapped on each arm, and a pair of gold, cat-shaped earrings.

“Is there something you need, cause I doubt you came all around the world just for me, Cereza.” Right when Dante finished his reply he dodged the bullet that was aimed between his eyes.

“Dante you are treading on thin ice here.” Cereza said. Celestia was confused. A minute ago the two were shooting at each other as if they were enemies but then they were having a casual talk, well except the part were Dante dodged the bullet.

“Who are you?” Celestia had asked in a demanding voice. Cereza just looked at Celestia up and down. She was getting a good look at who she was.

“Hey stop undressing her with your eyes would ya.” Dante said with a chuckle. Cereza just ignored his comment.

“The names Bayonetta, and you must be this so called Celestia, am I right?” Bayonetta asked with a smirk. Celestia’s eyes widened in shock.

“How do you know who I am?” Celestia had asked. Bayonetta smirked at her question.

“Who wouldn’t, the whole underworld won’t stop talking about you, and I just know the details.” Bayonetta said as she started to walk around Celestia. “Celestia, a sentient being from the land of Equestria, goddess of the sun, and oldest daughter of Nova and Osiris.” Celestia just stood there in awe. Bayonetta had a smirk on her face, looks like she caught her attention.

“How do you know all of this?” Celestia demanded.

“Like I said, in the underworld you’re like a fucking celebrity. All I know is that since you appeared here everyone down there is going on a crazy witch hunt. I can already tell you have an enormous amount of magical potency, and with that alone you have the power to open the Hell Gate that was sealed long ago by this idiot’s father.” Bayonetta responded pointing at Dante. Celestia was confused so she turned to Dante. Dante just shrugged.

“Hey I am barely finding out about this too.” Dante held his arms up. Then he turned to Bayonetta. “So you just came to give us a warning?” Dante asked.

“That and Rodin wants to see you when you get back, let’s just say he is interested in your lady friend here.” She told Dante

“Huh and here I thought you really wanted to see me.” Dante said in a fake hurt manner.

“Oh please I have more important business to attend to than to spend time with an unmannered boy.” Bayonetta said before she started to walk away.

“Wait! Can you at least tell me who is after me?” Celestia asked. Bayonetta stopped. She did not turn around but the air around them got serious.

“So you really don’t know? Well let’s just say that by reading the ‘good book’ you’ll find out who the original fallen angel is, then you’ll have a vague understanding how serious this is.” With that said she disappeared into the shadows.

Celestia was at a lost. As mere minutes passed she got more questions than answers. She landed in this unknown world in a matter of days and already someone or something was after her. She just wanted to go home, is that so much to ask for? She looked up at the night sky and gazed upon the moon. For some reason it brought her comfort but to a certain extent. It was all quiet until she started to laugh at herself. Dante stood quiet until he noticed her laughing.

“You were right in your saying a couple of days ago. First I was worried about how I got here, I was at a lost on what to do, but like you said something crazier seems to just come and top whatever you are dealing with at the moment. Now I find out by a woman that I have never seen in my life telling me that I am going to be hunted down by things that need me to open a demonic portal.” She said as she laughed at herself. Was this it? Was she finally going to lose it? Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Hey you alright there?” Dante had asked. Celestia just looked at him. She smiled. Out of all of the troubles that she is and will be facing the upside is that she has Dante by her side.

“No nothing really just a lot of questions going through my head at the moment, it seems that’s been happening lately, you know I just want an answer once in a while, but sometimes we must work with what we get.” Celestia replied as she finally calmed down.

“Now that’s the spirit, thought I lost you there for a second, now let’s get a move on, I’m pretty sure we have kept Morrison waiting for a while, eh I would not be surprised if he just left us.” Dante told her.

“Morrison?” Celestia asked.

“Oh, Morrison is my contact, the one I was telling you about a couple of days ago.” Dante told Celestia.

As they walked to the docks they noticed a figure wearing a brown coat and a brown hat to match the coat. The figure was smoking a cigarette.

“Hey Morrison!” Dante had yelled Morrison’s name to get his attention.

“Well took you long enough, though you got lost or fell asleep in a bar or something.” Morrison had told Dante.

“Stop overreacting we are only five minutes late nothing to get all worked up about.” Dante replied. Morrison just sighed. What was the point in arguing with Dante. Morrison then looked over at their new companion.

“So you must be Celestia, Dante has told me about you, a pleasure to meet you.” Morrison said as he took of his hat to show manners.

“Morrison is it? Thank you and a pleasure to meet you too kind sir.” Celestia responded with a smile.

“Good now we are at a first name basis, Morrison lets go, can’t stand this place no more.” Dante said as he walked to were Morrison’s boat was. He looked at it and whistled.

“Wow Morrison, when did you get this beauty?” Dante asked with interest. Morrison just smirked.

“A 68 Viking Yacht also known as one of the “Four Angels” I got this boat of a poker game and won, something you wouldn’t know how to do right?” Morrison joked. Dante just muttered to himself and got into the boat. Celestia laughed at the small joke.

“Shall we board Miss Celestia?” Morrison asked. Celestia just nodded. “Well then after you miss”

When Celestia entered the boat she was in awe at how extravagant it looked. Morrison started the ship and left the port, the next destination was back to the states.

.

.

.

It’s been a day since Dante and Celestia had departed from Spain. Dante had told Morrison to take his time. There was no point in rushing to get back home. The day was at an end but Celestia could not sleep. It was around eleven at night and Celestia stepped out on the back part of the ship. She looked at the water. The ripples the water were making because of the motion of the boat. She looked up at the night sky, the stars, and most importantly the moon. It was quiet all around. Everything that has transpired so far really confused her and left her with more questions than answers.

In the little time she has been here things just kept getting worst, but then like a divine gift Dante had shown up. Throughout everything they have experienced he never let anything get to him. Faced everything with a smile on his face. Proved to anything and anyone that he wasn’t going to stand still. She admired his courage, something she envied at the moment. She felt useless, a damsel in distress if anything. She hated it, she hated the feeling. She heard the door behind her open.

“So can’t sleep now, can you?” Dante had told her. She gave an embarrassing smile. She was caught.

“No, it’s just everything that is happening, and with little time to take everything in and not being able to do anything about it is really frustrating me.” Celestia told Dante. He understood what she was saying.

“But then again life would be boring without its twist and turns, it makes what you are trying to accomplish all the much better.” Dante responded. Celestia looked at Dante. The moonlight cast a light on him. She couldn’t help to smile at Dante. She turned back to look at the water.

“I will see the choices within my hands

How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls

Let me shine like the sun through the doubts and fear

Do you feel the storm approach as the end draws near?

When heavens divide

Time will come to softly lay me down

Then I can see a face that I long to see

And for you, only you I would give anything

Leaving a trace for love to find a way”

Dante was in awe. Celestia just closed her eyes. She kept quiet for a minute then turned to Dante.

“My mother sang me this song when I was small, she would sing it when I was lost, confused, or in doubt. It brought me some comfort and the will to keep moving forward no matter the obstacles.” Celestia shared with Dante.

“I guess now I have to get my act together and hope for a better tomorrow when it comes no?” She had asked Dante. He just smiled.

“Well sometimes we have to deal with what we get, but I suppose everything happens for a reason.” With that said Dante waved at Celestia and headed back inside. She looked up at the moon once more. She felt at ease once again and smiled. She headed back inside to get some rest, pondering on what tomorrow will bring.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking long...work was a real buzzkill but I guess I can give you guys something... updates will come sooner if all goes well...
Oh and the small part Celestia sang is not the full song I will leave the link on the description if you guys are interested... Thanks for the likes the reviews and the views...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lTOnPc9h-c