• Published 10th Mar 2013
  • 496 Views, 10 Comments

The northern incident - Trigger_Finger



Shining Armor and his squad get in over their heads while on guard

  • ...
2
 10
 496

Chapter 2: No-pony's home

Shining stood beside Chrysalis’ still unconscious body that lay on a medical table. Johner thought to himself about why he suddenly cared so much for this hideous creature. Wasn’t he married?

Doc Hoof came back with some medical reports. “Well she checks out. She’ll live but it’s absolutely crazy… how in the world did she survive out there. And on top of that where did she come from” Doc Hoof muttered.

Shining let out a sigh of relief and Johner put his hoof on the captain’s shoulder. “Why do you care so much for her anyway? Didn’t she try and ruin your marriage, take over the world and pretty much almost succeed in doing so?” Johner asked and Shining was speechless.

Despite all those things he couldn’t just throw her out, she would surely die. “I… I can’t just throw her out” Shining stuttered and Johner rolled his eyes then checked the time.

He looked back to his commander then sighed. “Well… I’m off to bed. Doc wake us if she comes around” Johner said then trotted off to his room. Shining gave the doctor a nod then he too left, leaving Doc Hoof all alone with the unconscious changeling queen. He gulped fearfully. He had heard terrifying stories about this certain creature.

Elsewhere in the base Star Dust played her flirtatious attitude with Golden Shield. Golden repelled her advances for the most part, being rather turned off by her actions.

“Oh come on Goldy, just once” she pleaded playfully as she wiggled her rear, presenting her hindquarters to him. He looked away in disgust.

“No! I will not become involved with a team member. It’s not right” he said in a very righteous voice. Star Dust grumbled to herself and forced herself upon Golden who quickly pushed her away.

While Star Dust tried her luck with Golden, Firefly was dicking around in another room with his zippo lighter and a super soaker. He taped his zippo to the pump handle and filled the water gun with hazardously flammable fluid then proceeded down stairs into the basement and tried out his new toy.

He pumped the handle slide several times, putting pressure into the air tank of the super soaker, then extended the pump handle to its full length. He flicked lighter flint until the zippo had a constant flame emulating from the emitter.

He squeezed the trigger and a fourteen foot spray of flame spat out from the super soaker. Firefly knew what would happen if he held the trigger too long so he only held the trigger briefly each time and continued to squeeze off deadly flames from his improvised flamethrower. He got a devious smile and continued to blast out flames from his super flame soaker, pretending that he was battling fierce enemies on the battlefield.

Johner sat with Lilac and Sunburst. He had taken out a thermos of his own specialized hard cider that he had made himself. He poured some into glasses for the two younger stallions.

A bitter look spread across Lilac’s face as he tasted the beverage. “Oh goddess! Johner, what the hell do you put in this crap anyway, battery acid?” Lilac asked and Johner simply chuckled.

“Yeah, it gives it a real kick eh?” he replied and then drunkenness bestowed upon the two younger stallions.

“Oh lordy, lordy, lord… this stuff is reaaaally… good stuff” Sunburst slurred. Obviously one cup was too much for the stallion. Lilac on the other hand just swayed his head back and forth, looking at the half empty glass of cider.

He reached his hoof forwards to grasp the glass but in his set of intoxication he ended up knocking over the glass, spilling the contents onto the table. Lilac continued to sway then simply fell over and onto the floor.

Johner chuckled. “Well I think you two have had enough” he said and stood up then proceeded to his room. He was originally going to go straight to bed but saw the two arguing about something and decided to resolve the problem.

Meanwhile, Pippy trotted to his room and opened the door to his room only to see Star Dust and Golden Shield intertwined together. His jaw dropped and he gasped. They were making love, on his bed!

“St... Golden… what?” he stuttered in shock then the couple both gasped and looked back to him. Golden would never do this, not with Star Dust at least.

“Uhm… hey Pippy” Golden said in a very shocked voice as he scratched his head and tried to think of something more appropriate to say.

Pippy just stepped back and gulped. “Uhm… it’s okay. You can have my bed for the night… just uhm… yeah” he replied then dashed away. Golden scowled to himself then looked to Star Dust who was on top of him.

“I told you this was a stupid idea” he muttered but then she silenced him as she pressed her lips up against his and they continued the dirty deed on Pippy’s bed.

* * *

Hours past like nothing and in the small medical room Doc Hoof ended up passing out while he sat watch, waiting for the queen to wake up.

His face rested on the side of her bed and he drooled slightly. He had taken off his glasses and set them on the nightstand beside the medical bed.

As the seventh hour of the morning approached Chrysalis literally shot up and screamed. “NOOOO!” she screamed in absolute horror. The scream awoke Doc immediately and he was stunned to say the least. Just last night she had nearly died and now she awoke before he did.

Chrysalis looked to Doc Hoof and screamed. “No! Get away from me! Get away!” she screamed. Doc Hoof tried to calm the frightened queen.

“Ma’am… just calm down. It’s okay, you’re safe” he said soothingly but his soothing voice did nothing to calm the screaming queen. As Doc tried to coo her she grabbed a medical kit and threw it at the doctor.

It smacked him in the face and he stood up. He grabbed his glasses from the table and looked to the frantic queen.

“Ma’am please just let me” Doc began but then Chrysalis blasted him with her horn, catapulting him across the room and crashing his body into a filing cabinet. She turned to run then a powerful punch connected with her face and knocked her out.

Doc rose to his feet in a daze then looked to see Bear standing over Chrysalis’ once again unconscious body.

Bear smirked. “Next time just do that… less screaming” he told the doctor who nodded attentively.

Bear picked up the unconscious changeling and tossed her over his shoulder and proceeded to trot out of the room. Doc Hoof gasped. “What are you going to do with her?” he asked in fear that he might just toss her out into the elements. Bear looked back to him.

“Interrogation” Bear replied then continued to trot away.

A few hours later Chrysalis came around and her world was a blur. Something big and powerful had knocked her out cold. As her vision focused she saw several figures standing in front of her. Three to be exact.

She began to scream in horror and fear again but then one of the figures grabbed her mouth and held it shut. She continued to muffle screams of horror but then soon calmed down from her lack of oxygen.

The stallion released his grasp on her mouth and she gasped for oxygen. “Please…please don’t hurt me” Chrysalis sobbed and Shining kneeled down to eye level with her.

“Hey Chrysie… long time no see huh?” he asked and Chrysalis gasped as she realized who it was.

“Shining… Shining Armor… how… why?” she stammered, not quite remembering how she got where she was.

“You crashed through our door last night and collapsed. You’re lucky you’re even alive” Shining told her then her thoughts slowly returned to her. She had been running, but from what she couldn’t remember.

“I… was running… running away” she told him then noticed that her hoofs were bound around her back. “Why am I tied up?” she asked and Shining chuckled.

“Well for starters you once tried to take over the world and for seconds you freaked out last time you woke up and Bear had to knock you out… sorry about that” he told her. She nodded then Shining continued. “So… what exactly happened?” he asked and Chrysalis tried to remember what had happened, why she was so frightened.

“My home… our base camp… we were attacked… I was the only survivor. I ran… ran for so long” she said in an exhausted voice and Johner untied her hooves, releasing her. She brought her hooves up in front of her and felt around her wrists.

“What attacked you?” Shining asked and Chrysalis tried to remember but couldn’t. She shook her head.

“I… can’t remember… I just don’t know” she replied fearfully then held herself tightly. Doc Hoof gave her a heartwarming hug to comfort her and she looked up to him with her rather pretty green eyes. “Why…?” she asked, trailing her sentence off in confusion.

“You need comfort and I’m here… to comfort you” he replied. Johner rolled his eyes.

“Looks like love at first sight to me” he replied as the two gazed into each other’s eyes. “Hey queen, where’s this base of yours?” he asked and the question broke the duo’s gaze.

“About six miles north of here… it’s just a small little base camp” she told him and he nodded. Johner looked to Shining.

“Feel like taking her out for a spin?” Johner’s asked and Shining sighed. “Yeah thought as much. Okay Chrysalis, show us where this base of yours is” Johner told the queen and she gasped in horror. She didn’t want to go back, not now, not ever.

* * *

In the end Chrysalis stayed back with Doc Hoof and Reese while the others went to inspect this base of hers. They had grabbed a map and Chrysalis had shown them were her base was.

The group left in an APC vehicle that had been fitted for arctic warfare. It had infrared vision scanners rather than the regular vision cameras. On the roof was a 25mm auto cannon turret that had a .50 caliber Browning machinegun mounted to it.

Though these sorts of vehicles were highly despised by society, due to their warlike nature, Johner had persuaded Celestia into letting their squad have one.

The vehicle rumbled along through the snow with ease as the wind whistled outside. Inside the crew cabin was well insulated and heated by a small electric heater that ran off the battery, keeping the crew inside rather warm.

“Yo Sarge… I think I see the base” Firefly commented and Johner got up and looked at the readout screen. It did indeed look like a small base camp. Johner pointed to Lilac.

“Operate the auto cannon. Firefly, drive around the base in a complete pass then stop just at the front doors” Johner ordered and Firefly nodded, doing as he was told.

As the vehicle drove closer Johner flicked on another monitor and looked at the base. He gasped, it was in terrible disrepair. It literally looked like the base had been abandoned for ages. Snow had piled up on the walls and frost completely covered the windows.

Firefly drove the APC around the entire base and there wasn’t any sort of pony or sign of life in clear sight. “Christ… what the hell happened here” Shining muttered as he too looked at the vision readout screen which displayed the base in infrared vision.

Lilac looked around while inside the turret housing. “I got a bad feeling about this one” he muttered then Sunburst chuckled.

“You always got a bad feeling about things” Sunburst laughed. Lilac got out of the turret housing as the APC came to a stop.

“Yeah well, when you don’t make it I’ll be sure to write to your parents” Lilac chuckled.

“Alright enough Sunflower” Johner ordered. They all slipped on their arctic commando gear which consisted of tight thermo gear underneath a flack of body armour then heavy exterior clothing. The entire group had helmets with combat recording cameras and a face mask to protect their faces from the elements.

“Alright I want a clean deployment this time” Johner said and Firefly activated the back ramp door which opened with a humming sound.

The entire group except Pippy got out. They had decided that Pippy would stay with the APC which they left running to make sure it wouldn’t fail them if they had have turned it off.

The group rushed up to the front blast door and Johner went to open it but it had a password lock. He cursed to himself then pointed to Firefly. “Firefly, run a bypass” he ordered and Firefly quickly pulled out a small hoof held device and hooked it up to the password terminal.

The device, which was called a Trespasser, quickly unlocked the blast door which opened with a large amount of stress.

“Lights on” Johner ordered. The group was using battle saddles equipped with MP5s that had flashlight attachments. The interior of the building was pitch-black and the flashlights pierced the darkness like swords.

The entire group had battle saddles except Johner who preferred to use his Two-legs combat style and held the MP5 in his hooves. Though it was more difficult to operate it, this style offered him more maneuverability in the close quarters of the building.

From what Johner could tell the building was built somewhat like their base so if he was right, which he was nearly certain he was, there would be three hallways and a large basement.

“Sunflower: check the far hallway. Bear, Firefly: check the rooms. Shining: you and I will check the basement” Johner ordered, though it should have been Shining giving the orders.

The group quickly followed his commands. Sunburst and Lilac proceeded to the far hallway and began to search it for any signs of life. Everything was frosted and the wind howling like it was didn’t help in their search.

Lilac motioned for Sunburst to slide open one of the doors and as he did Lilac entered the room, pointing his sub-machinegun into the room. The place was just as barren as the outside arctic plains.

Shining and Johner entered the basement which was also frosted completely. It was like it had been sitting for over a decade without any-pony giving residing here. Johner broke off an icicle which had formed on the heating furnace. “Jeeze… it’s like this place hasn’t been used in ages” he muttered and Shining gulped.

“Yeah… something just doesn’t feel right” Shining muttered. Their voices could be heard by the others via headset and Lilac chuckled.

“Told yah so” he commented then Sunburst smacked him in the back of the head. “Oww, hey what the heck man!” Lilac hissed and Sunburst motioned for him to be quiet. Lilac rolled his eyes and the duo continued their patrol silently.

Bear and Firefly walked through from room to room. Firefly let out an uneasy groan. “Man… this stuff just doesn’t seem right… it’s like… like no-pony has ever been here since the place was built” he muttered then Bear grabbed him and jerked him back.

“Hey! What the buck!” he scowled silently and Bear pointed to a hole that had been blasted in the floor. Firefly gave him an appreciative nod then knelt down and looked at the blast hole to make sure he got video footage of it then the two continued on.

Suddenly Bear’s motion tracker flickered and beeped. He looked down to the motion tracker which was incorporated into his battle saddle.

All the team members’ cameras had direct live feed to the small monitors inside the APC which Pippy watched intently. He quickly turned his attention to Bear’s screen.

Firefly spoke for Bear who stayed silent. “Uhm captain… we got movement… far room, first hallway” Firefly spoke into the headset and the two stalked their way through the hallways and to the door where the motion tracker indicated the motion was coming from.

As the two got closer, Bear’s tracker beeped more frequently and loudly. ‘God I wish I could turn off the sound on this thing’ Bear thought to himself and motioned for Firefly to ready his battle saddle.

Bear slid the door open and Firefly pointed his gun into the room, only to reveal it to be empty. But the motion tracker continued to beep. The motion apparently was coming from the closet on the far end of the room.

This time it was Firefly’s turn to open the door. ‘On three’ Firefly mouthed silently and Bear nodded in response. ‘One…Two…’ Firefly mouthed.

He ripped open the door and they both yelled “THREE!” but were shocked to see no-pony inside. Instead there was a hole in the wall that allowed air to blow through violently. The powerful gusts of wind were blowing against a shirt that was hooked up inside the closet that had triggered the motion tracker.

Bear grabbed the shirt, stopping it from moving and as it stopped so did his motion tracker’s beeps. He rolled his eyes.

“Uhm sir… we have a negative on movement. Continuing on, over” Firefly said into the headset and the others all sighed.

Eventually they all regrouped in the middle connecting hallway. Johner spoke, “Place is dead. Some magical blasts here and there but other than that, no signs of life” Johner said.

Shining nodded. “Well… I don’t plan on sticking around here much longer” Shining said and the others nodded then they all proceeded back to the APC. Pippy opened the rear loading ramp and the group entered the vehicle.

“So what’s up?” Pippy asked as the loading door hummed shut behind them.

Johner shrugged as he replied, “No-pony’s home”

Author's Note:

Oooh I love these moments. It's not a cliff hanger but you know something is up