• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 3,409 Views, 73 Comments

The Curious Case of Michael Crawford - The Gunny



A stranger in an even Stranger Land, Private Crawford must find out if he can get home or if he is stuck in god knows where

  • ...
13
 73
 3,409

Day 5 Part 1: The Battle of Las Pegasus

Another day, another headache. Michael rolled out of bed and slammed to the floor, he jumped up hoping no one had seen that. To his dismay he heard Applebloom laughing a bit. Michael turned and smiled, Applebloom smiled back a bit.

"what are you laughing at?" Michael asked, Applebloom pointed at him still snickering. "You hungry kiddo?" Applebloom nodded, Michael walked downstairs with her in his arms. "Twilight?" Michael called out.

"In the kitchen!" Twilight replied, Michael put Applebloom on the floor and walked over to his M16. Checking it over he smiled and then went back upstairs to get dressed. He was getting sick of wearing the same old uniform, he needed a few extras made. When he had finished he walked down stairs and found Twilight and Applebloom sitting at the table.

"how is everyone?" Michael asked

"Hanging in there." Twilight replied, Michael nodded "A message from the princess arrived while you were upstairs. I didn't open it yet, it says for your eyes only." Twilight handed the message to Michael who promptly opened it, when he finished reading it he just stood there for a moment before grabbing his gear. "What is it?"

"Some place called Las Pegasus is under attack, Celestia wants us there." Michael said urgently packing his gear. "'us' as in my men and I" Michael continued, when he was finished gathering his supplies he walked over to the door.

"Michael?" Twilight said

"Yeah?" Michael replied, a sense of urgency on his face

"Be careful..... for her and me." Twilight said shyly, Michael smiled and nodded. He ran through the town until he reached the barracks.

"GET YOUR SORRY FLANKS OUT OF BED!" Michael shouted, the soldiers jumped out of their bunks and stood at attention. "We're being deployed to Las Pegasus, get you gear we leave in ten minutes.

"Changelings in Las Pegasus?" One soldier said

"We'll make 'em pay." another said

"I'm hungry for some Changeling." Azure said, even he was met with approving looks. After the group was ready they stepped outside and found Princess Luna, before he could say anything Michael heard a loud pop and found himself in a burning pony equivalent of Las Vegas.

"BOYS! FIRE AT WILL!" Michael shouted as he popped a round into a changeling, the group began to lay into all the changelings in the area. They came out of the woodwork, left and right Changelings fell like stones. So many died that the group began using their corpses as sand bags. While the other were firing Michael pulled out a map and looked around.

"WHATS UP SIR!" Azure shouted over the noise.

"WE NEED TO BE DOWN THERE!" Michael replied pointing to the group of Pony Guards holding a building. "MOVE OUT!" Michael shouted, the group hopped over the bodies and ran towards their objective.

"CHRYSALIS DOESN'T GIVE A RATS FLANK ABOUT YOU!" One of the soldiers shouted as he popped a round through a Changelings head. The closer they got to the building the thicker the resistance.

"FIX BAYONETS!" Michael shouted over the noise, the group did as ordered and when ever a Changeling got to close they stabbed it releasing piles of green entrails onto the ground. Then something happened that changed everything, the Changelings Changed into Ponies Identical to the ones fighting them. "MARINES SOUND OFF!"

"OVER HERE!" several soldiers shouted as they beat the onslaught back.

"KEEP MOVING!" Michael shouted, the soldiers pushed through the block of resistance until finally they emerged in front of their objective. Before they went in they held off wave after wave of Changelings. Michael laid into one with his knife, slicing it's belly open and ripping its entrails out by hand and then kicking the still alive and screaming changeling over. Another unlucky Changeling was caught by Michael and was thrown to the ground, after which Michael stomped on its throat until he heard its spine crack. Several Pegasus Guards swooped in and began to mop up.

"DAMN FLY BOYS! TAKING ALL THE CREDIT!" Azure shouted

"Lets just get inside." Michael said, before they were allowed entry a unicorn cast a spell on them to make sure they were really who they said they were. Michael was greeted by a scene of wounded and dead pony soldiers and civilians. He walked past them and signaled his men to stand down. When he found the commander of the pony batallion he was met by silence as he walked in.

"You must be Michael?" The Commander said in a harsh feminine voice

"Yes ma'am, Luna sent us herself." Michael said with a salute, the commander returned the salute "What seems to be the problem?"

"As I'm sure you've noticed we are barely holding this position, we need someone to eliminate those Changeling Flankholes." She said

"Well we don't have near enough ammunition to make a dent in that horde." Michael said, the Commander sighed. Then Michael got an Idea, he looked at an oil lamp. The commander saw him pick up the oil lamp and raised an Eyebrow. "Napalm! Of course!" Michael exclaimed.

"What?!" The commander replied, her voice was unsure.

"OIL AND GREASE! WE SPRAY ENOUGH OF THE SHIT ON THOSE BUGGERS AND LIGHT IT!" Michael made a wamph noise, the commander got a fiendish smile on her face.

"Corporal get as much Oil and grease as you can, start mixing it immediately!" she Ordered, the guard nodded and ran off. "while we make this 'Napalm' can you help hold the outside?" Michael saluted and ran outside to his men.

"SECURE THE PERIMITER!" Michael shouted, the group ran outside and began to fortify the building using the dead changelings as sand bags. "KILL 'EM ALL!" Michael shouted as he began to waste dozens of Changelings. After an hour of firing they group was down to their side arms. Michael fired his final round into a changeling and then pulled his knife from his boot and sliced into a Changeling.

"WE'RE FUCKED!" One of the soldiers shouted, Michael looked at him and shook his head.

"NO THEY ARE!" Michael shouted, he pointed to a group of Pegasi flying in with barrels in their hooves, a sticky liquid flowed from them and onto the Changelings. Michael pulled his lighter from his jacket and lit the liquid before running for cover. The Changelings burst into flames and their screams were shrill with pain and fear as they succumbed to the fire that engulfed them. Michael laughed as he saw their futile attempts to flee, this was a good day so far.....

Author's Note:

wow managed to type this one up faster than I thought