• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 1,464 Views, 48 Comments

Fallout: Equestria- Forsaken Heroes - Dj Scratchjack



Reign and his friends find themselves forced into a bloody feud, effecting all of Equestria. In the mist of it all, past secrets long-forgotten surface, keeping the companions wary of whats to come.

  • ...
23
 48
 1,464

Chapter 2: Welcome to Hell

Chapter 2:

Welcome to Hell...

"What do you fear the most? Death? Fear itself? Giant spiders? Take that, your deepest fear, and multiply it ten gabillion times, and that's what it’s like living out here..."

I woke up to see two filthy ponies staring at me from behind a plane of green glass. I had a respirator around my muzzle and it seemed like I was floating in water. A quick stream of bubbles floating by my eye confirmed that I was indeed floating in liquid. The dark blue pony's eyes flew open and he mouthed something to his companion, which seemed to start an argument between them. After a few heated words, the dark-blue pony went over and started to flutter over the keys of a computer in the corner of my eye. I tried to move to look, but I was locked in place. The tan pony kept his eyes on me, seeming to study me. I took a quick look at as much of the room as I could, considering my restricted movement, and decided that I must be in a stasis pod.

"Oh shit," I thought to myself. "These guys don't look too friendly." The blue pony pushed a button and the pod started to flash. Both of the ponies before me drew their guns and backed away from the device, keeping their sights on me. "Oh, great. Just what I needed, me getting shot for nothing."

The dark room I was in was starting to light up from the stasis pod. The water receded around my head and continued draining until I was touching the floor of the device. An alarm was ringing outside, barely audible through the reinforced glass. A hiss and a couple of chinks later, the pod window opened and I proceeded to fall on my face. The world around me started to spin as I laid there, feeling the uncomfortable satisfaction of a similar feeling I had felt oh so many times over the years.

A hangover.

"What are we going to do? They never said anything about a body in here," said Blue. "I ain't know, we should wait n' see what this here fella thinks o' his sichation, shouldn' we?" asked Tan. Blue grumbled and muttered something out of my current hearing. I heard a sigh and a response. "Well, okay, just... just wait here and keep an eye on him, I’m going to see if there's anything in those lockers we passed by earlier. Please be careful, he doesn’t look too friendly."

Exactly what I’d been thinking to myself.

After Blue trotted away I started to stand up, but a rusty gun barrel in my face said otherwise. "Don't you try nothin', boy, o' you’ll find yoself wit the Goddess faster than Dash 'erself," spat the scruffy one in front of me. I stared into his green eyes, trying to determine if he would pull the trigger if I continued my ascent from the floor. I took the chance, rising slowly. The pony started to get a killing look as I made my way to my hooves. I only stood a couple inches taller than him, but he looked like he'd shoot right then and there. I smiled at him. "Don't worry, I won't cause any trouble."

He stared at me in slight annoyance, but then relaxed for the moment.

That’s when I noticed it. The gleam in the bottom corner of my eye. I looked down to see what it was. There, as shiny as liquid silver, was a contraption in the place where my leg was supposed to be. My eyes went wide. I quickly searched around the room, trying to find something that showed my reflection. My quick reaction to my discovery startled the gruff-looking guard, accidentally setting off his firearm. The 5.56mm round sparked off my new leg, leaving a little scratch on the gleam. I stood frozen in place for a split second, slowly looked up and stared at him in shock.

"You shot me!" I looked down at the damage, surprised that it didn’t hurt. "Aww, I just got this,” I whined. The pony stammered out an apology, but quickly loaded another bullet. I shook my head and continued my search. I found a big vanity mirror in the corner of the office. I pulled the sheet half-covering it and, in the soft green glow of the pod, saw what I had become.

The silver contraption started at my shoulder. It was bolted into something underneath my hide, probably more metal since my clavicle wasn’t grinding anymore. A series of gears and cogs were fitted in place at the base of my shoulder, and a few wires showed under my leg pit. On the foreleg of my new appendage was a little cover. I looked down at the peculiar slide of metal and slid it back to reveal an amber screen.

A little buck was winking at me, with the words “PipBuck 2.3 Omega” shining under him. There were buttons on the side of the screen marked with Misc, Inv, Map, Radio, EFF, S.A.T.S, and E.F.S. I pushed the Radio button and the screen flickered to a list of frequencies. I clicked on one, but there was nothing but static. I continued on to the map, but at this point the door opened to show the blue pony carrying a few familiar items.

"Hey, look wh-" he turned his head to catch me eyeing the saddlebags and rifle. His face twisted into something between anger and confusion. "What's your name, son?" the blue stallion asked. I thought about whether to lie to them or to be honest. Considering the fact that I didn’t know these ponies, I didn't want to give away that I was a soldier. Not yet, anyways. "Name's Reign, Broken Reign," I replied.

Blue and Tan looked at one another and Blue tilted his head towards the door. The tan pony pointed a hoof at me. "Stay 'ere." I nodded once, not taking my eyes off them whilst they left the room. They had grandfather's rifle. My rifle. They can't have it. I shook my head at the thought. “Don't worry about it, they'll give it back... maybe," I told myself.

“I guess while I’m still here I'll tinker with this PipBuck,” I thought. Since they’d first been released to the military I’d wanted one. Badly. The S.A.T.S. (of Stable-Tec Arcane Targeting Spell) alone would merit buying one! I’d wanted one badly enough that begging wasn't on my Do-Not-Try-This-Method list. It didn't work.

I continued on to the Miscellaneous tab, which didn't have anything useful besides an explanation on how to work S.A.T.S. I looked down to the next button. EFF. I pushed the button. Nothing. I sighed, hoping for something cool to happen. I moved down to E.F.S. and tapped the button. A thin amber bar popped up along the bottom of my vision with two tick marks displayed right in front of me. Eyes-Forward Sparkle. The easiest way Stable-Tec had for ponies to distinguish friend from foe.

Best. Device. Ever!

The two came back through the door with their weapons drawn. "Let's go," Blue said. Tan motioned for me to go ahead of them. I knew this situation. Being a hostage wasn't on my list of shit to do today, but right now I couldn't do anything about it. I stood up and slowly walked past the pair. They lead me through a series of tunnels that were all caked in soot and dust.

How long had I been out?

The last thing I remembered was my friend dragging me into a clinic. But this wasn't a clinic, this was a shithole. No clinic would be this dirty, no way. My head was still pounding from my awkward fall. Tan pushed me to keep walking. I saw a faint blue light coming from the tunnel entrance down the hall. When I walked out of the metal housing, what I saw was something out of a movie.

The entrance to the canyon showed the blackened carcass of nature. Melted rock was strewn all over the ground. The skeleton of some unfortunate pony lay in the sand, smiling eternally. Outside of the canyon, the Earth was pitted with craters and holes with fumes swirling out of them. Radiation. I scanned the area for any sort of life, then turned to face my captors.

"What the fuck happened here?!"

Blue walked up beside me, smiling and keeping his gun trained on me. "You must have been in there for some time. I heard it's been like this for a couple of centuries."

My jaw dropped at that. I quickly checked the date on my PipBuck.

2:47am, Fall's Waking, 2278

I shook where I stood. 200 years I've been in the contraption. 200 years of solitude. Blue came up and nudged me forward. He chucked a little. "Welcome to the Wasteland, Mr. Reign. Welcome to Hell."