• Published 31st Jan 2012
  • 1,273 Views, 14 Comments

Growing up - aham50

  • ...
1
 14
 1,273

Chapter 6

A long time ago, somewhere in Cloudsdale

A Pegasus struggled, as she tried to keep on the flying obstacle course. Her face tensed with fear as she narrowly dodged an oncoming cloud. She had a teal coat, with a yellow mane, it was a mystery how she received teal and yellow for her colors. Her parents were red, and orange. As she flew, she dodged the obstacles easily. Her name was Serene Breeze.

She loved to fly, but wasn't the strongest pony. That title was left to her very special somepony: Comet Sky. He had a gray body, and a blue mane. He was the best in class, and the best the flight school had seen in years. He currently sat, watching as his special somepony, flew the course. They met in flight school, about a year ago. Many cheesy pick-up lines were told, times were shared, and sunsets watched, by the couple. Finally, they fell in love.

Serene finally completed the course, and she had done much better than she expected to do. She received an applause, and walked over to the stands, where Comet sat.
"You did great Serene."
"Thanks Comet," she said, as she sat next to him in the stands. They put their closest leg around each others shoulders.
"We sure can fly, can't we?" asked Serene.
"WE sure can!" replied Comet. They exchanged a kiss, and watched the next Pegasus try her wings, at the course.
"Do you know how lucky I am?" asked Comet.
"Wait, why do you say that?"
"I say that, because I am really lucky! You know why?"
"Why?"
"I have you!" Suddenly, Serene's heart exploded. She was forced, to put the biggest smile on her face, by the feelings she was having. She hugged him, and kissed him again.
"Get a room!" somepony shouted. Comet and Serene looked at each other, with an awkward pause. then they flew off, knowing they would only disturb that pony more.

About a month later.

"PREGNANT?!?!???!!!" shouted Serene. She held a pregnancy test unit, in her hoof.
"So it's true eh?" Comet said shyly.
"I don't know if we are ready for this Comet."
"Serene, I'm pretty sure, we can handle anything!" Comet had a stance, that showed he was about to take on a deadly tiger.
Taking care of a filly, required about the same amount of effort.
"I know we can do it! I just figured I would have more of a life ahead of me!" Serene responded.
"A kid is about as awesome, as a life could get. And this is our kid. Our kid! They are sure to be awesome."
"I have to agree with you there Comet." Serene started to smile.
"I'll bet she will be the best flyer in Equestria some day!" Comet said hugging Serene. Thoughts swirled through Comets mind. Would she be the best flyer? What would she look like?
What should her name be?
They were both dismissed from flight school, in order to support themselves for the coming filly. Comet got a job controlling the clouds above Ponyville, and Serene stayed home, nursing her body. They were willing to do anything, to make sure the filly they were having, was healthy, and in good hooves. The two Pegasi were ready for anything.