• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 634 Views, 2 Comments

From the Brink - Silent Sir 224



Well I don't have much time so I will keep this brief, I'm totally going to die now!

  • ...
3
 2
 634

The Wake Up Call

"Mr. Windbreaker?" Oh, is it morning already, too early! I need more sleep, I kept waking up in the middle of the night and for that reason I am still tired as sin.

"Huh?" My head is throbbing and my body is numb, is someone seriously waking me up right now? I would think that my injuries would merit some excuse to let me sleep.

"Sorry to wake you but, you have a visitor." Who could be- oh right, Fluttershy, and just like that all is forgiven.

"It's all right, I hate to sleep in too much anyway."

"Do you need anything right now?" Just some alone time with Fluttershy over there, that's all.

"No that's quite all right, thank you."

"Well with that I will take my leave, just call for us if you need anything."

"I will, thank you doctor." Okay, you can leave now, I kinda want to spend some alone time with that mare standing behind you.

"Oh, hey Windbreaker I didn't wake you up did I? I can come back later if you want." No, no, no please don't leave yet, you're the only one I can actually talk to around here!

"Oh no, it's okay I needed to wake up anyway I can't stand sleeping in too much, so how are you this fine day?"

"I've been better, how about you?"

"Compared to nearly dying yesterday, I'm doing a lot better, can't really fell much of anything but that's probably a good thing, what happened to you that makes feel not up to par?"

"Oh, it's nothing." No, you can't fool me, I know how mares act, when they say it's nothing like that, then it is most definitely something, what are you not telling me?

"Are you sure? It certainly sounds like something."

"Well, uh, it's a little embarrassing..."

Whoa that isn't a good sign, where exactly is this going? "Well I don't really have any pony to tell do I?"

"I guess not... well, I kind of had a dream about you last night."

Okay, this is either really good or really bad and I'm kind of terrified to find out which, "what kind of dream?"

"Well, I uh, I had a dream about when I first found you and took you to the hospital, only you didn't make it this time, it really scared me to see you die like that."

Okay, this day just got really weird, oh well, just gotta roll with it and see what happens, she shouldn't have to worry about me at this point anyway. "Well don't worry about it, because you stopped that from happening, thanks to you I will be out of here in a week and make a full recovery, I really owe you my life."

"I didn't really do anything, you don't have to owe me anything."

Is she serious right now? She got my sorry flank from death's door and practically put me in the hospital bed and she calls that doing nothing. The only way she could've done more is by physically is putting me on an operating table and operating on me right there.

"You call dragging me all the way from the forest to town and bringing me to this hospital not really doing anything? You give yourself too little credit Fluttershy, you did a lot more than you think and I am very grateful for what you did."

"I guess your right, so you will be released in a week?"

"That's what the doctor said two weeks at the very most but so long as I don't try to move around too much I don't see myself being stuck here that long."

"That's good, since you're going to be stuck here for a couple more days would you want to meet some of my friends that live in the town?"

Meeting her friends, that sounds like an easy way to pass a whole week, "I would love to, they must be really nice if their your friends."

"Well, they are really nice friends to have." Is she blushing right now? I think she is, I should probably pull back on the flattery a little.

"Can I ask that I meet them individually? If I'm going to be stuck here I want something to look forward to everyday, not that your visits haven't been making this much easier for me."

"Oh, of course, I can do that, I'm sure they will all be happy to meet you." Yeah, her face is starting to get a red glow, I probably overdid things a little.

"Are you okay? You're looking a little red." Wait, what just possessed me to say that? Pointing it out won't help anything at all!

"My face it's, it's red?" Oh boy, I done goofed, her face is getting that much redder, is it really that embarrassing?

"Uh, a little, I think it might be a little bit warm in here, I can ask them to turn the temperature if you want." Maybe, just maybe I can undo the damage I've done and save this conversation.

"Oh my, I think I should go now, I'll come back tomorrow okay?"

"Wait don't go-" and she's gone, well that was truly stupid of me telling her that, but was it really flattery that caused her face to get that red? I don't know, but I might as well go to sleep she will be back tomorrow and I don't feel like lying here and thinking this into oblivion.

But seriously, could she... no that's nonsense just stop thinking about it, she probably isn't used to ponies owing their lives to her, that's all. Oh, I guess time flies, it's almost dark so I should probably go to sleep, maybe I can get out early if I get enough sleep. Who am I kidding? I really just want to see Fluttershy again, I am certain I have a crush on her now, I should try to get some dinner with her, after I'm released of course.