• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 634 Views, 2 Comments

From the Brink - Silent Sir 224



Well I don't have much time so I will keep this brief, I'm totally going to die now!

  • ...
3
 2
 634

First Impressions

Okay, I'm definitely alive so that's a start at least, wait I can see a yellow blur at the edge of the bed, come on eyes focus! Maybe if I get a closer look, if I can just sit up, AH- nope that's not happening I must have a dozen stitches in my back, Celestia that hurts.

"Are you awake?" the yellow blur asked, it definitely is a mare's voice, it is very soft and soothing.

"Uh, yeah, how did I get here? The last thing I remember was collapsing on the ground," I really need to know how I survived such an attack.

"Oh, well I don't live too far from the Everfree Forest, I went out to gather flowers yesterday and I saw you lying at the edge of the forest. When I got closer, I noticed all of the blood and saw just how close you were to death's door, you didn't have long so I carried you here as fast as I could."

"Wait, you carried me all the way to a hospital from the forest, wow, you must be pretty strong," I can't believe this, this mare pulled me from the jaws of death. I really do owe her my life, but how do I repay such an act?

"No, you're pretty light, so what's your name? I would like to meet the pony who lived through such an ordeal."

"Windbreaker, although if it weren't for you I would have probably bled out by now, what possessed you to save me out there? As far as you knew I wasn't going to be able to do anything in return." My life in Cloudsdale taught me that there are always string attached, even if it's the smallest favor or request it was always turned against you.

"What do you mean? You were dying and I certainly couldn't leave you out there, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I let some pony die when I could help."

Seriously, this mare saved me for no other reason other than that it was the right thing to do. "I hope it's alright if I ask you what your name is."

"Oh how rude of me, my name is Fluttershy, I pleasure to meet you Windbreaker," my vision is still blurry as sin, eyes straighten up will you, I want to see the pony who just saved my life!

"The pleasure is all mine, especially since I owe you my life," I must repay this debt, I will not let such a kindness go unrecognized.

Ah finally, everything is getting less blurry I can finally see... whoa, okay this is too perfect, let's take a look at the facts, she saved my life so I know she is strong, she has the sweetest voice I have ever heard and she just happens to be a complete knockout beauty. Maybe I did die, there is no way that this just happened, I have to be dead or in a coma or something.

Seriously, this stunning mare with a pale yellow coat, long flowing pink mane and the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. She is the one who saved my life, there is no way this can be real, well real or not I have to keep my composure, I don't want to creep her out.

"So why were you in the Everfree Forest, and for that matter just what happened to you?"

"Well I was on my way to Ponyville and I had to go through the forest, I didn't really have a choice to turn back when I got to the edge of the forest. A group of timber wolves ambushed me, tore my wing pretty good and chased me deep in the forest, eventually they caught me and I knew I was dead. I passed out when they were tearing me up and when I came to they had just left, I don't know why but they did and after limping for a short time I just couldn't go on."

"Oh my, that's horrible you really suffered quite a lot, the doctor said he would be surprised if you woke up on less than three days. Do you know any ponies here, friends or family?"

"Nope, my family is in Cloudsdale and I don't really have any friends, I usually drift from place to place and don't stick around in one place for too long. But looking at my injuries, I might be staying in this place for a good amount of time, not that I'm complaining."

"Oh, well you have a friend now, if you want one I mean."

Yeah, I'm so dead, she just became my friend, this absolutely gorgeous mare just saved my sorry flank and became my friend. "Sure, you saved my life, for no other reason other than it being the right thing to do, it would be an honor to have you as a friend."

"I'm so happy to hear that, so where do you plan on staying here?"

"Well, after I get released from here I'm going to get a room at the nearest inn and crash there for a bit."

"Oh, okay that sounds nice, oh it's getting late, I have to go now but I will be back tomorrow, until then Windbreaker."

"Good-bye Fluttershy, see you tomorrow," she left, well that kinda sucks, now I'm going to be thinking about her all night, great. But I need to figure out how long I'm going to be stuck here, I won't be able to sit around for too long before I start getting stir crazy.

Oh there's a doctor just outside the door, maybe he is the one that checked me in, "excuse me sir, can you come here for a moment."

"Yes what do you need?"

"Do you know how long I will be here?"

"Given your injuries, I'd say about a week maybe two, anything else?"

Great, two weeks stuck here with nothing to do this should be fun, "no sir thank you for your time."

Well, maybe Fluttershy can help pass the time, but I need some sleep, trying to move or anything else will just keep me here longer and give me serious pain. Just lean back, slowly and sleep this off, all I can do at this point since I can't really do anything else.