• Published 4th Mar 2013
  • 1,925 Views, 132 Comments

A sequel to My Little Dashie - Lonepone



A sequel to My Little Dashie where Dashes' father is brought into equestria and events ensue.

  • ...
47
 132
 1,925

A Night with Vinyl Scratch

I wake up, and see the reason for why standing in the doorway. It's Vinyl.

"You sleeping, bro?" She asks.

"Not anymore" I say with a hint of regret.

"Great! Come on, get up, lets go" she says excitedly.

"What? Where are we going? What time is it even? holy buck Vinyl"

"It is only 8:30 PM, and where going to the club in town. Come on, it'll lbe fun."

I grudgingly get up, and rub the sleep out of my eyes. Whatever we're doing, It must be intresting. Truth be told, I'd be willing to do anything with Vinyl.

We walk down to the entry way on the ground floor, where Vinyl grabs a pair of purple shades, and puts them on. I give her a look, asking 'what are those for' but she just shakes her head, and tosses me her beloved headphone set.

"Slip them over your neck. You're going to need them" she whispers.

I'm confused, but I do as she says. She looks at me for a second, then readjusts the headphones, sliding them lower on my neck and making them lopsided. we walk into town, and she tells me where we're going.

It's a club called 'the hoove' that is the only decent club here in town. It's exclusive, so she gave me the headphones so I could get in as her assistant.

"Assistant for what?" I ask.

"Dude. Brighten up a little. DJing, of course"

We walk along, side by side, through the cold, dark streets on the way to the nightclub. It's cold, and we aren't wearing anything, and so Vinyl snuggles up against my side. As soon as I notice this, my heart skips a beat, maybe three. Shakily, I put my wing over her, to keep her warm. We walk on like this into town (we live a ways out) before she eventually brakes the silence by speaking.

"Wonderful night, huh?"

"It is" I reply. And it truly is. Snow gently falling, the lamps lighting the way with their soft radiance, and a mare huddled close to my side. We disingage before we come within sight of the club, and I'm sure she's probably thinking the same thing I am: friends do that, don't they?

We walk up to the front door, and there is an extremely large stallion bouncer standing infront of the door.

"Hello, Vinyl. Whos your friend? Big guy" He says looking me up and down, slightly disapproving.

"Just a nopony. He's helping me with DJing. Like an apprentice, ya know? You're gonna let him in, aren't chya?"

He continues looking at me, sizing me up, before he finally lets up and lets us pass. "I suppose I can, for a friend. just don't let word get around I'm letting everypony in, alright? Don't cause any trouble, fella" He directs the last part at me.

Vinyl breaks into a large smile. She punches me in the shoulder playfully while saying, "Don't worry. I got this one under control" We walk past him, when Vinyl walks up to him and gives him a quick peck on the cheek.

We walk inside the doors, getting immersed by the bass heavy beats, when I give Vinyl a look, as if to say 'what was that about?'.

"He's just a friend, don't get jealous."

"I'm not jealous. Just wondering what that was about."

"Oh, You'll get jealous soon enough" she says with a smile at me. We're in the back of the club now, next to the pedastel the current DJ is on.

"Follow me" she whispers in my ear, before running up the steps, and fake tackling the pony up on stage. She knocks him on his side, the situates herself behind the turntable, mixer, and plugs her laptop into it all, pulling up some program.

The last DJ gets his feet under him, and announces to the crowd "And here is VINYL SCRATCH, everypony!" This is met with a resounding roar.

"Nah, I got a new name now, givin to me by my good friend here!" She geustured to me, so I stand next to her, in full view of the crowd.

"Come up with a name" she hisses into my ear.
"What?" I respond quietly. It's hard for me to concentrate, with her face so close to mine. I can feel her breathing on my neck.

"You need a stage name. Come up with one, ASAP" I think for a moment, before I come up with one. "DJ Dash" I whisper back to her.

"My good friend here, DJ DASH! And my name is Dj PON3!" She gives me a smile. I recognize it. Its what I said I'd call her.

Seized by the moment, I grab the mike and say into it: "And together, we are U-PON-II!" She starts up a track,and while it''s playing, she says: "Nice name. What's it mean?"

"Us Ponies 2" I say. She raises her eyebrows underneath her glasses, appreciating the name.

"Are you ponies ready to jam?" Vinyl shouts into the mike. They scream in response.

"I can't hear you!" They scream louder.

"Alright. Lets get this started!" She plugs her laptop into the turntable, then turns to me. "Put your headphones on, bro! They have some noise cancelling shit in them. Your gonna lose your hearing if you don't"

"Whatever. Your not my mother" I say.

She shrugs her shoulders. "Your choice, I suppose" she sets a song playing on its own while she shows me the ropes. She explains what everything does, and 'assigns' me to the turntable. It's a table, with two discs and quite a few dials and sliders.

"The sliders and knobs change the sound, while each disc is for an individual track. You can spin them, and it will act like its an actual disk. Kinda hard to explain. Just experiment, you'll be fine with me helping" she explains to me.

I flare my wings, and place them on the disks, intending to use them to spin it, while my hooves focus on everything else.

Vinyl slams an energy drink on the corner of the table, saying: "I know how tired you where earlier, so here. Incase you need it"

"Thanks. What about yourself?" I ask, slightly concerned. It's almost 10.

"Never needed them. I can go with about 3 hours of sleep a night, no prob. I doubt you can" she teases me. It goes on like this through the night as we dj, a casual back and forth while we drop beats and bass.

By the time it's over, it's 3 in the morning. Me and Vinyl have both had an amazing amount of alchohol. She's had more then me, and when I ask her about it, she just says she has a high tolerance.

We call a cab to drive us back, and we sit in the back, as happy as only two drunk ponyies can be. When we arrive at home, it takes a little bit for us to get in.

We stumble into the house, when Vinyl whispers to me in a slurred voice: "Quiet. We don't want to wake Otcy. She'll go ballistic!" The thought of a ballistic Octavia sends me into hysterics. I start laughing, and she punches me in the shoulder, making me stop. I look at her with pretend rage, and chase her up to her room. As we pass Octavias room, I think I might see Octavia standing there, but I can't tell her mood.

Once there, I tackle her to her bed, and we end up fake fighting, pushing each other around, until we're both so tired, we're locked in each others arms, feebly pushing. We both fall back, exhausted at the same time. I notice her sheets have the strangest smell. It's very potent, or at least I think so in my drunken state.

I lay there, when I think I should head up to my room, erh, coach, and try to sleep. "Well, god night Vinyl" and with that I kiss her once, right on the forehead. But, because I'm drunk and uncoordinated, I miss, and kiss her in the cheek. She blushes.

I get up to leave, when her hooves reaches out to mine and stops me.
"Wait, you don't have to go. Stay with me and sleep. No point in going through the effort just to reach a simple coach"

Her logic makes sense to me right now, but to make sure I ask. " you don't mean, that, do you?"

She's shocked. "No!" She exclaims quickly.

"Good"

And so I lay back down, and she snuggles up close to me. And so, we sleep.

Author's Note:

Well. Here is one of the big moments in Mr. Dashes relationship with Vinyl. I'm not sure if I should let it go uninterupted, or use it to rip everypony's hearts apart? We'll see. :P

This chapter was very intresting to write, as I had never even planned to write anything slightly romantic. It's not my strong point, so point out anything that you think can be changed for the better. Constructive criticism welcome. I also had to bs my way through the whole turntable scene, as I actually haven't bought one yet. Point out anything that needs to be fixed.

I had fun writing this, so hopefully you find this amusing and maybe even a little funny! Happy reading!