• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 1,025 Views, 32 Comments

Trixie's Dark Ascension - knightwolf



Trixie has finally rebuilt her life in the morthern must parts of Equestria and is once again a popular show mare, but a dark stranger comes and offers Trixie a cryptic opportunity.

  • ...
0
 32
 1,025

Chapter 4: The Party Begings

Chapter 4: The Party begins

Now that it was dark out, Trixie continued to walk down the road. The distance from the barrier to the city proper was farther then she had expected, and her legs were getting tired. The city looked different at night, as Trixie took the time to notice how the lights of the city changed from a light blue with white sparkles to a dark blue with purple sparkles.

“Ah yes, I always did like the way this city looked in the darkness of night, as compared to the eye burning abomination it looks like it the accursed daylight. Although neither are as lovely as when my beautiful dark crystals covered the land.”

And there he goes again, Trixie groaned. She wasn’t just physically tired from the hike and a half she just walked, but she was also mentally tired because the dark evil presence in the back of her mind would not SHUT UP. Maybe it was one of those mental filters he mentioned earlier that he now lacks, or he was just a chatter box. The point was, he kept making long-winded observations on everything Trixie came across and it was driving her mad.

“Trixie asked you before, Trixie will ask you again. Will you please be quiet!” Trixie shouted aloud, drawing attention from the surrounding crystal ponies looking very confused. “You’re giving Trixie a headache.”

“Sorry,” Sombra said softly. “Its just that I haven’t seen the city from this perspective for a long time. Normally, I saw it from above as I lorded over them.” Trixie could feel him take note of the surrounding ponies starring at them. “But while I’m at it…” Sombra continued as Trixie sighed. “Seeing my crystal slaves walking around free to do as they please is bothering me. They’re just not capable of handling the burdens of freewill. Besides, without a constant whip to the back, they just grow fat, lazy, and unmotivated.”

“Please, Trixie is too tired for this right now.” Looking forward, she saw the center of the city, the Crystal Heart. A small smile of hope crept onto Trixie’s mouth knowing she could soon take a break from walking.

“Tired‽ How are you tired? You’ve only been walking for like, what? Twenty some odd miles? If you’re already tired after that, then you’re out of shape.”

Trixie stomped her foot on the ground, and snorted. ‘Out of Shape.’ Trixie was one of he most ‘In Shape’ unicorns around thanks to years of dragging a wagon around Equestria. The only way Trixie felt she could be more ‘In Shape’ would be if she ran up and down an endless staircase two to three times a day.

‘Just calm down’ Trixie told herself. ‘It will all be over soon. SOON Trixie will be Alicorn, SOON Trixie will have great power and glory everlasting, and soon Trixie will be a true rival to that pesky Twilight Sparkle.’ Trixie ignored the feeling of Sombra growing an evil razor sharp grin as he read her heart and feelings.

Sombra stayed quiet for the rest of the way to the Crystal Heart. Trixie stepped into the light the emanating from the Crystal Heart, completely illuminating the underside of the castle. The shadow Trixie cast was long as she sat in front of the magical gem while it pulsated with power, and love for all living things.

“Hello there, and how are you this fine evening?” came a voice from behind Trixie.

Trixie jumped almost out of her fur in shock and quickly turned around. She saw a pegasus stallion, almost morphing out of the very shadow Trixie was casting. He had a light brown fur coat with forest green mane and tail. He was wearing a purple collared vest that had a yellow outline (It seemed very militaristic, and resembled the one the Wonderbolts would wear). He also was missing his left wing and in its place was a prosthetic one made of leather and gems that were emitting a faint magic (could he still fly?) finally his face was scared with four slash marks along the left side. His face by the way was an expression that read: ‘I am NOT amused’.

“You know, its rude to not answer somepony’s questions, Miss Lulamoon.”

Trixie’s heart rate began to lower to its normal rate but her paranoia started to rise. “How do you know Trixie’s last name?”

“Oh, we know a lot about you, Miss Lulamoon. After all, it is standard procedure to keep tabs on all ponies who become close to a princess, and her latest Highness has mentioned you in not one, but two reports. Not in a positive light either, I might add.”

“Okay, that’s nice to hear, Trixie guesses.” As her eyes shift back and forth trying to spot any other ponies he may have been referring to when he said WE.

“In fact I have a report right here that says that you where outside the barrier, and for quite some time as well. I don’t suppose you can explain why you where out there in a frozen tundra, can you?”

Sombra said, “This is a trap. Stay calm, Trixie. They have nothing. He is poking for information. Don’t give him any! We are so close now, so don’t mess this up!”

“I…Trixie was interested in it. It looked so pretty on the train ride, Trixie wanted to experience it first hoof. Trixie has a magic enchantment in her cape to keep body heat in so Trixie didn’t have to worry about freezing anyway, and just lost track of time.” She then put on a smug smile.

“I see, so if I’ve got this right, you were out playing in the snow, wearing protective clothing we were not aware you had.” He said with out changing emotion, clearly not believing anything Trixie just said.

“Yup.”

He walked up next to Trixie to look at the Crystal Heart. “So if you wanted to play in the snow, why are you here now at the Empire’s most important artifact?”

“Well, Trixie got bored out there and remembered hearing a lot about the Crystal Heart, so Trixie wanted to see it before going to a party Trixie was invited to earlier today.”

“So you have somewhere else to be, then I suggest you get there.”

“Yes, Trixie was about to go there now anyway.”

“This Gem, Miss Lulamoon,” he said looking at the Crystal Heart, “is the only thing keeping that barrier up when princess Cadence is away. It would be a terrible thing if it ever fell into the wrong hooves.”

“Yes, yes it would be.”

“Which is why, I will not let that happen.” He turned to glare at Trixie.

Trixie didn’t respond, she just turned and walked away.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT FILTHY PIGEON TALKED DOWN TO YOU!” Sombra yelled in the back of Trixie’s head. “You’re from a superior tribe then him! Somepony should really show him his place.”

Trixie walked down the road not really paying much attention to where she was going as much as watching the shadows and alleys around her. Nopony was around, or so it seemed.

“What Trixie wants to know is how he was on to me.”

“He know nothing, he was just suspicious. Though it doses appear that obtaining the Crystal heart will be far more challenging then I originally thought.”

“Well of course it will be challenging. What? Did you expect Trixie to just walk up to it and grab the thing?” Trixie giggled.

“Well, that’s basically how I got it the first time. The Crystal Ponies didn’t have any guards for the Heart, which I found weird, but had no problems taking full advantage of.”

“Well, Trixie has a plan for the guards. Trixie just needs to stall for some time, ideally somewhere crowded.”

“Hey Trixie!” Trixie jumped, fur standing on end again from the surprised. “Trixie, over here!” Waved a familiar jasmine pegasus.

“Raindrops?” Trixie raised her eyebrow.

“Oh-my-gosh, she remembers my name.” Raindrops held her hoofs to her mouth in excitement. “I’m so glad you’re here! For a while there I thought you weren’t going to show up.”

Trixie looked behind the over eager pegasus at the night club playing an upbeat dance mix.

“Of course Trixie was going to show up. Trixie wouldn’t miss this party for the world.” She smiled.

“Well then, come on in,” the nervous pegasus invited.

Trixie walked into the club and saw a brightly decorated dance floor similar to those that can be found in Canterlot, but with a little crystal flare (but not much). The DJ was a Crystal pony with a cutie mark in crystal wheat farming, and she clearly didn’t know what she was doing, but to her credit Trixie has been to parties with worst ‘professional’ DJs. As for the party itself, it was pretty pitiful, only a couple hoof full’s of ponies were there. About half of them where the Wonderbolts rejects Trixie saw on the train and others where just more tourists who didn’t know where else to go, with a few Crystal ponies here and there, half of which looked like they just worked there.

“You know, for a place that’s suppose to be sparkling, this place seems to be kind of drab.” Trixie said with a smirk.

“Just give it some time.” Raindrops said quickly. “The night’s still young, and the place hasn’t been open that long. I’m sure it will pick up in just a bit.”

“What is that dreadful noise that’s blaring everywhere?”

It’s called music Grandpa, its all the rage with the kids these days. Trixie thought to herself.

A few hours past and sure enough the party did pick up, mostly thanks to Trixie showing of magic tricks. Trixie was able to repair some public opinion from the Ponyvillions and make some new fans. Things where going great until a few pegasi came in. They looked like the military type and they didn’t look like they came for a fun time either or rather to observe potential ‘suspects’. Trixie just smirked as if a stupid animal fall right into a well placed trap. She then started to walk to the door with a confident strut.

“Hey, hey, hey. Wait right there.” Came the voice of a very drunk pegasus. Lightning Dust flew down from the ceiling, and landed right in front of Trixie. “Raindrops has been looking forward to this all day, she wouldn’t shut up about it, you’re not just going to leave are you?”

Trixie just looked forward with a blank stare as if pondering something important.

Author's Note:

This chapter just did not want to get written, but its done now and the next chapter will be out soon so :)