• Published 25th Feb 2013
  • 4,767 Views, 286 Comments

Pieces of a Grey Cloud - darf



A series of moments from Derpy's life.

  • ...
26
 286
 4,767

Picture

Derpy has a picture on the table by her bed. The table is very dirty. Derpy drinks glasses of water and forgets to put them away sometimes. She doesn’t care because no one else lives there except Happy and he’s always crying at her so Derpy doesn’t care because he’s never happy. Derpy tells herself she might be happier if she cleaned up but her bed is always too comfy and when she gets home she can’t see how messy the floor is and she just wants to have a drink of water and go to bed.

Derpy’s picture is bent because she forgot one time to put it away and she sat on it by mistake but it’s okay because it still looks alright, it just has a line in the middle. Derpy has it in a frame that she bought at the store when she went and spent all day inside and looked at different things and she wanted to buy all of them, even the ones she didn’t need, and in the end she got the frame and some food for a couple of weeks and she ate all the food too fast and took the picture out to put it in the frame and forgot about it and fell asleep and there were crumbs in her bed and when she woke up the pictures was bent and she cried.

The picture is of her and a boy with a brown coat and black hair and blue eyes and he’s smiling, and Derpy remembers when he used to like her. She still likes him. Derpy remembers when she and the boy used to kiss, and they kissed lots and Derpy’s wings did little flutters and when she thinks about it now her chest feels bad but her lips are happy, but then she closes her eyes and her eyes aren’t happy and they show her because they cry, and then she cries, and she puts the picture away and says she won’t bring it out. But even when she cries she remembers the kisses, and she holds the picture sometimes and wishes Happy would come snuggle with her, and sometimes he does, but he’s not very good to pet when Derpy is crying. He lets Derpy hug him sometimes though, and Derpy feels a little better.

Derpy thinks about the boy when she goes to sleep. Her bed feels too big.