• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 739 Views, 3 Comments

Your Smile - destinedjagold



Pinkie Pie is writing about the day she met a new pony in town. Of course, she welcomed him, but he doesn't seem to want to be around ponies...

  • ...
2
 3
 739

White Crush

Nopony walked out from the town hall with a fresh smile. He never thought that the mayor of this little town is friendly, and very accepting, too! He was instantly hired to be an encoder, whatever that was. He walked in front of the bulletin board and read the job's description once again.

Huh... It says here that it's mostly about doing paper work and stuff...’ he shrugged as he turned around and walked towards the fountain. ‘It sounds boring enough. Too boring for ponies to notice me.’ He didn't like the idea of having a boring job, but he smiled nonetheless, for at least it'll be easier for ponies to ignore him. He'll just have to blend with the background and all.

He stopped by the fountain. He leaned forward and stared at his reflection, though, it wasn't his reflection that he was staring at. He frowned and sighed as a pink pony head emerged from the fountain.

“So?” Pinkie chirped, hopping out from the fountain and shaking the water off of her. “How was y—uh...”

The brown earth stallion was soaked, and his wet mane completely covered both his eyes. “I'm going to be stuck with you for the rest of the afternoon, aren't I?” he lamely inquired as he pushed his mane out of his eyes with a hoof, and stared tiredly-angrily at the pink mare who was stifling a giggle.

Pinkie snorted. “S-sorry, anyway. Lemme make it up for you!”

Nopony sighed. “Are you—by any chance—accepting a ‘no’ as an answer?”

Pinkie shook her head cheerfully. “Nope.”

The stallion sighed again. “Figures...” He hung his head and simply stared at the ground below him. He noticed the constant drops of water from him. He felt angry that the pink mare soaked him wet. He wanted to say something, but an idea popped into his head, making him smile mischievously. Slowly, he rose his head back up, wearing a sly smile at the pink pony.

Pinkie smiled. Finally, Nopony was starting to smile! That's a plus for her! “Okay, so I was thi—whaaaa!”

The brown stallion shook the water off of him viciously, as he held his smile and his gaze on the flailing pink mare. As he felt all of the water on his coat was gone, he stopped and smiled at his hoofwork. Pinkie Pie stared back at him with a shocked expression. Her mane and coat were slightly wet.

The stallion chuckled.

Pinkie blinked and giggled.

Nopony chuckled again, and started laughing a bit.

Pinkie Pie started giggling like mad. And she snorted here and there.

The two ponies were laughing at the fountain, completely ignoring the confused looks of the ponies in the area.

“Y-you're funny,” Pinkie Pie said after her giggles died down a bit.

“Y-yeah? We-well, you're crazy,” Nopony shot back and chuckled.

“Yeah? Well, you're boring!” Pinkie stuck her tongue out at him.

Nopony felt a bit offended from her remark, and stuck his tongue out at her with angry eyes.

Pinkie Pie furrowed her brows.

“What in the wide wide world of Equestria are you two doing?”

Nopony and Pinkie blinked and quickly shuffled their tongues back inside their mouths before turning their attention at the white unicorn mare a few meters from them. Her white silky coat glittered in the sunlight. Her perfect horn glowed a brilliant blue aura, holding her shopping bags suspended in the air behind her. Her stylish purple mane and tail held beautiful curves and fall majestically down. Her confused eyes were perfect orbs of beauty, and her arching eyebrow held so much perfection.

“I—ah, we—ah, uh...” Nopony mumbled, his brain a complete wreck at the moment. And oh, he had a hard time breathing.

“Hiya Rarity!” Pinkie bounced and waved a hoof at the newcomer.

Rarity eyed her friend with a sweet smile. “Hello Pinkie Pie, uh,” her smile turned into a confused frown after noticing her slightly wet and messy mane, “l-lovely new mane style...?” She then turned to the stallion, who was still at a loss for words. “And who might you be?”

Pinkie turned to him, and waited for him to reply, but she arched an eyebrow after the stallion's opening and closing mouth only had “buh-uh” and “nuh-uh” and other mumblish things that made the pink mare giggle.

“Oh, he's new in town,” Pinkie turned to the white unicorn. “We were just checking if our tongues were still working, but his clearly isn't working properly yet...”

“I... see...” Rarity said slowly as she slowly took a step back, too concerned that maybe he's one of the ponies who already lost their sanity after spending some time with Pinkie. “W-well, it was lovely to see you Pinkie,” she nodded to her friend with a smile, and then turned to the stallion with a concerned frown, “and uh...”

“He's name's Nopony,” Pinkie said happily.

Rarity arched an eyebrow yet again. “Right... Well, it was nice to uh...know you, Nopony...” she flashed him a concerned and awkward smile before turning to the pink mare. “...but I must rush back to my boutique. Such an awful lot of dresses I needed to make!”

Pinkie nodded her understanding. “Of course! See ya Rarity!” she waved a hoof at the retreating unicorn. “Don't forget the party this evening!”

Rarity stopped and turned over her shoulder. “I'll be there, Pinkie! I could use one of your Pinkie Parties to relieve this stress I'm having. See you later darling!” and with that, she was gone.

Pinkie waved a hoof a few more seconds before returning it back down on the ground. She then turned back to the stallion beside her, and poked a hoof on his shoulder. “Whoooo...” she batted her eyelashes slyly, “somepony's got the hots for Rarity, I see.”

That woke him up. “Wait, what!?” he quickly turned to the pink mare. “That's a lie!”

Pinkie leaned closer and continued batting her eyelashes teasingly. “Sure it is... I bet that pink cheeks of yours are only mirrors reflecting my color...” she giggled.

Nopony scrambled as he took a few safe steps back—giving him distance from the pink pony to hide his blushing face. “N-n-no! You got it all wrong!”

Pinkie rolled her eyes and giggled. “Yeah, well, you keep telling yourself that.” She then bounced towards him. “Com'on, I'm gonna show you the rest of the town!”

Nopony grumbled, and sighed as he nodded his head.

Pinkie giggled and poked his shoulder again. “First stop, the white unicorn angel's boutique.”

The brown stallion's face turned bright red.

Pinkie Pie giggled. “See? I told you you're funny!”

“A-and you're crazy! I-I don't like her! I am not attracted to her!” Nopony shot back as he turned his gaze away, only making the pink mare giggle some more. ‘Somepony please just kill me now...