• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 622 Views, 26 Comments

Different Dimensions - MidnightInk97



There are more worlds than just Equestria... Somepony from one of those different worlds is transported to Equestria and her whole life is flipped upside down.

  • ...
2
 26
 622

Guardians

"Queens?" I asked, emphasizing the s on the end.

"You, Sapphira Night." The raven answered, pointing to me with her dark wing.

"And her, Silver Dream." The wolf said in a deep throaty voice, nodding to somepony behind me. I turned and saw Silver trotting swiftly to where I stood. "Silver? I thought this was a dream." I thought out loud to myself. Silver shrugged as she came up next to me.

Now that everyone is here," The raven said as she landed gracefully on her wolf companion. "we should make our way to the library, where it is a little more ... private." The raven finished and the wolf turned and led the way down the now lit up hallway.

As we walked I got a closer look at my surrounding. The floor was all stone and the wall as well with flame torches, softly lighting up as we walked by. It wasn't as creepy in the dark, it was kind of like an old, cozy, castle. The wolf walked up to a set of wooden doors and he nuzzled the door open into an expansive, high-ceiling library. "Wow" Silver exclaimed in awe. She gazed, wide-eyed, around at the books that decked the never ending shelves. "It's beautiful."

While I absolutely adore books and reading, my curiosity was more focused on the wolf and the raven. "Who are you guys and why did you call us queens?"

"We are your guardians dear child." The wolf stated.

"And the answer to your second question cannot be given, it must be found by you alone." The raven answered in a sweet but firm tone. "Each and every Alicorn, born and unborn, has a guardian." The raven continued. "We watch over and guide you down the right path."

The wolf then took it from there, "Each Alicorn has his or her 'assigned' animal that they symbolize. And every Alicorn has their own species of animal."

Silver and I stayed silent, staring at our "guardians", debating on whether to believe them or not.

The raven saw the confusion in our eyes and she took off from her perch on the wolf's back, flying up to the top of the library and disappearing into the hazy darkness. A moment later, she came back down with a big leather-bound book in her talons. She set it down on a pedestal and it magically opened to the last page.

"Silver Dream," The wolf said as he put his front paws up on the ledge, standing on his hind legs. "I am your guardian, see." He said pointing to a painting of Silver and the wolf. "You represent speed, freedom, faithfulness, and spirituality. You are a true Alpha, even if you might think not."

"Sapphira Night, I am your guardian." The raven spoke up, using her beak to point to a picture of me on the last page. "While a raven to others might represent death and sickness, ravens are often misunderstood and falsely judged creatures because of how different they look."

I pondered over the raven's statement. 'That makes sense. I am black like a raven but also thought of as weird becasue of my rare black coat.'

"You represent darkness, in a good way my dear like Princess Luna," She added quickly when she saw my horror. "You also represent mystery and wisdom. You are guider and a teacher."

I looked over at Silver. "Wow."

The wolf pawed back a few pages to show a picture of Princess Twilight next to an owl and Princess Cadence was next to a doe. The wolf flipped back one more page to reveal Princess Celestia next to a phoenix and Princess Luna next to a dragon. "You see, you are not alone in this. You were picked for a reason to become an Alicorn and this was all planned out but it is your choice whether you do good or evil." The raven said. "All animals have a bad and a good side, it is the side you give into the more that will decide your fate. And unfortunately, some ponies, not just Alicorns, gave into their bad sides and upset the balance of life, but with every evil being there must be a pure good being to restore balance." The wolf added.

I wanted to say something but I couldn't find the right words. and by the silence the spiraled around the library, i guessed the same was happening with Silver. "I see that you are still unsure. Whether you believe us or not, we will always be here in your conscience and you may even see us in the real world, if you decide to open your eyes ." The wolf explained with a devious grin crossing his snout. Now I noticed things had started to fade like chalk in the rain and things became blurry. Silver and I were too stunned to even say anything as the color faded until our guardians finally faded as well as Silver and I began to come back to reality, thinking about how to contact my guardian if I was in real trouble.

'Great,' I thought glumly as I opened my eyes in my hospital bed. 'Now I think of a question.'

Author's Note:

Wow, almost 3 months since I last updated. Really sorry guys! I can't make any promises about the next chapter but I will attempt to get it posted ASAP.

Thanks,
Midnight Ink