• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 1,164 Views, 19 Comments

The Fabulous Wonderbolts Part 2&3 - Primary213



With an ancient villan rising, and hope dimming for Equestria, Soarin is left to find the very thing that could save all of Equestria, but can can he get away from a mental block that has made his whole view on his life change?

  • ...
0
 19
 1,164

Chapter 4

All the ponies in Canterlot were to gather and watch their "new leader" give a speech. The royal guard were rounding up the citizens and forcing them to listen to what Doom had to say. They were all there, awaiting Doom to come out of the castle and speak on the balcony. He then slowly walked out, with his helmet off, and was waving to his subjects.

"Citizens of Canterlot and all of Equestria. The rule of the twin sisters Princess Celestia and Luna has come to an end. You will henceforth worship me, Doom, king of Equestria. For too long have we been looked down upon by the master race, the Alicorn. Now, it is time for us to rise up above the oppressors and show them that we have a voice. Your peaceful nation will now become a dictatorship. As me as your leader, I will make sure that Equestria will become a strict, no mercy nation and we will emerge strong in the end." Doom said. He looked down at the ponies with an evil smile. The ponies were all terrified of him. Their was a loss of hope in their eyes. "I am now the leader of Equestria! Nopony can stop me! You ponies had the chance to stop me. Time was your ally, but it has now forsaken you, much like it had me. The time of frienship and kindness is over! Hard physical labor and determination is now what my regime will consist of! Now bow to your new leader!" Doom said. Without hesitating, all the ponies bowed, but were forced to bow. The guards were watching them ever so slightly. Doom just stood there in his prowess and smiled.

---------------------------------

"Dammit, where could it be?" I said to Rainbow Dash as I kept searching though the room she had taken me to in the cavern. We were both frantically looking for the device Twilight and Luna talked about. We kept looking. There was no saddlebag around.

"Don't tell me Doom took it." Rainbow said. I looked at her in a concerned way. If he had taken it, then he has basically won. This was our only defense, we needed this device.

"I think I found it, yeah it's definitely old i'll tell ya that." I had said. Rainbow flew over and, sure enough, she confirmed that was the device they found. It was in the corner of the room, next to a saddlebag and behind a rock. I picked it up with my hoof and looked at it. It was small, but could fit around a unicorn's horn. It was in a spiral shape, and was a light blue. It had cracks in it, but wasn't too beat up.

"Ok we have to bring this back to Celestia and end this guy once and for all!" Rainbow said. I nodded in agreement and we both started flying to the castle. It was taking a long time to get to the castle. Canterlot was under heavy pertection, and couldn't be penetrated no matter how we looked at it. It was sundown when we decided to try to make a battle plan.

"Well, there is no way we can fly right though and just drop off the device, but there has to be a way to get in." I said to Rainbow. She was just looking up in deep thought. So was I, we both couldn't think of a way to get in. Doom was making no mistake with this whole ruling over Equestria thing.

"Maybe we could, make a destraction and get in that way?" Rainbow asked. I looked at her, and thought it was actually a good plan. But how do we make a destraction enough to make all the guards to get away from their posts? Then, I knew what to do.

"You go, I will make a destraction. But you have to be fast. I will make a destraction by trying to get into Canterlot and when you see me distracting them, you rush in and get that device to Celestia. Got it?" I said to Rainbow Dash. She looked at me, worried. I could tell she didn't want me to go, I could see it in her eyes.

"You can't.......just go off like that.......you would endanger yourself." She replied. She was worried for me, but this was the only way to get her a small window to get into the castle and save Equestria. She looked down at the floor for a bit, then back at me. I walked over to her and grabbed her hoof with mine, and looked her in the eyes.

"Don't worry about me, I will be alright. I will make sure to get out of there just fine, you'll see, plus Celestia will stop Doom so I will be ok anyways." I told her. I managed to work a smile onto my face to reassure her I would be fine. Did I know if I was going to be alright? I honestly couldn't tell. I was just trying to get Rainbow to not think about it. We both slept together that night, well, she did. I was just awake most of the night, thinking about what would happen the next day. When the sun was slowly coming up the next day, the sky was red. It was a deep red. I looked around and it was as far as the eye could see. I woke Rainbow Dash up and she was as surprised as I was with this change in the sky. We both knew Doom had to be the reason. His magic was intense, and you could see it in the, "bloody sky".

"Are...are you sure you want to go through wit this?" Rainbow asked me. She had the device in the saddlebag. I walked up to her and looked at her in her eyes to let her know I was going to be alright.

"I will be fine, don't worry. Just worry about getting that device to Celestia." I had replied to Rainbow. Just as I finished what I had said, she walked toward me and kissed me. To be honest, that shocked me. I wasn't expecting it. I had my eyes open for a moment, then they just shut naturally. When we kissed like that, it was bringing everything I was about to do in perspective, but I didn't want to scare her. After we finished, I took off first, and she was behind at a distance. I wanted to give her some time between me and her so when I bolt into the guards, she will have time to plan out where to go in and not let the guards see her as they chase me. As soon as I could see the guards, they were pointing to me, and other guards were coming to where I was flying toward. I looked back at Rainbow and nodded to her. When I looked forward, I put on my goggles over my eyes. "Let's make some noise!" I yelled. As I yelled this, I started to fly as fast as I could right toward the guards. I got past the first wave of the guards and they were trying to follow me around the city, but were failing to do so. I was darting from building to building.

"Get him! Bring him out of the sky!" One of the guards said as I passed by him. I was ducking and dodging the ones coming at me. I was flying around the city, getting all the guards attention and maneuvering around them as well. I could hear them yelling at me, but I wasn't listening to them. I kept flying around Canterlot. I was ruling the sky's of Canterlot. The guards couldn't keep up with my fast maneuvering I learned from the Wonderbolts.

"Come on guys, don't make this too easy for me." I said as I kept flying around the city. I saw Rainbow go into the castle, she was almost to Celestia. I had to keep them preoccupied for a little bit more. I kept flying and I looked behind me, and when I looked forward, to my surprise, Doom was there and he shot me out of the sky with a magic bolt. I went into a spiral and hit the floor. I was hurt badly. I tried moving, but the pain was too excruciating. Doom was slowly walking toward me laughing. I got up and flew toward him, ignoring the pain. He shot magic bolt at me. It struck me, but I kept going. I was on the floor by this time and was trying to slowly walk up to him but he kept hitting me with more and more magic bolts.

"Others just blindly follow me, you chose to deny your fate." He said to me as he kept hitting me with blow after blow. I was fatigued so much, that I hit the floor when he shot one last bolt at me. I was breathing hard and all I could think about was my mother and Rainbow Dash. I closed my eyes and I was flinching from the pain. I could hear his hooves getting closer and closer. He picked me up with his magic and he then stopped walking forward. "Your effort to give the device to your Princess has failed Soarin. Now how about you join me, and we could rule over this land with an iron hoof." He told me.

"Even...if I could....I would never join you........you aren going to perish for your crimes Doom." I replied in a weak tone. I was in so much pain, it would hurt just to talk. He just laughed and looked at me with an evil face.

"Well, I hope your mother and Rainbow aren't too sad of the fate you have chosen for yourself Soarin. Your little act ends here, my friend." He said to me. Just as he said this, his eyes turned red and I could feel pain on my body. I was flinching because of the pain and I couldn't stop him at all. I just started to scream and I could feel him still applying pain to my body. I was on the verge of passing out when he threw me against a building and I hit the wall, then slid to the floor. There was blood coming from my mouth and I was in pain. He was slowly walking up to me and my vision was getting blurry. Just as he got up to me, he looked in a different direction and took a couple of steps back. I looked over at what he was looking at, it was Celestia. I could see Rainbow Dash near her, and so was Princess Luna and Twilight. The look on Doom's face went from evil to worried for the first time.

"Doom you have done enough damage to this town, and all of Equestria. You will now pay for the price of what you have done. You will now perish because of the fate you have chosen for yourself, you fool!" Celestia had said. When she finished saying this, her horn lit up and she shot a bolt, but it stopped at the device and the device lit up brightly. When the bolt shot from the device, there was a shockwave that came from the device and a thin, white light shot at Doom, he didn't respond fast enough, so it had struck him in the Alicorn amulet. He slowly looked down, and as he looked down, he started dissipating into thin air. His body was slowly transforming into an orange aura and the aura was just disappearing in the wind. When it reached his head, all you could see was a bright light, and it wasn't vanishing like the rest of him. Celestia put a glass ball around that orange aura and enclosed it in the ball. Princess Luna came up to me and picked me up.

"We need to take my son to a hospital immediately." Luna said. I was trying to stay conscious, but I eventually knocked out before I got to the hospital.

---------------------------------------

I slowly awoke to a haze of white light and noises. I could hear hooves moving up and down the room. I was dazed when I woke up, probably from the drugs they had me on. I slowly looked to my left as my vision became more clearer and I saw Rainbow Dash sleeping with her head on my bed. She had been here all night with me. I slowly sat up in my bed and saw my Wonderbolt uniform on a table in the room along with the goggles. When I got up, I put my hoof on Rainbow's head and I was smiling. A doctor came in and saw me sitting up.

"Well, it seems you are recovering just fine, you had some internal bleeding issues, some bruises and injuries to mostly your inside, you can leave when the drugs wear off when if you'd like." The doctor said to me. I just slowly nodded, I could still tell the drugs were still working. The noise must've woke up Rainbow because I looked over at her and she slowly opened her eyes. Se was looking at me, and she then looked up and saw me smiling back at her. At that instant, she brang her head up and was looking at me in excitement.

"Your....your back and ok?" She said. She was overjoyed that I was conscious again. I looked at her and smiled. I layed back down, and she put her head on my chest. She was looking at me and we kept talking that whole morning about the whole thing that had happened and how good of a job she did. She told me that Celestia wanted to see me after I got better. I wondered what it was for. Rainbow had said it was for recognition of this whole thing I did by saving Equestria. When the drugs finally wore off, Rainbow and I went to the castle to see what she wanted me for. When we arrived, the royal guard was back to normal. Everypony was back to normal. When we made it to the main room, one of the guards said she wanted to see me alone in private.

"I'll be out in a little bit ok? I'll meet you outside the castle when we are done ok?" I told Rainbow. We both met in the middle of each other for a kiss, then she left and I walked into the main room where Celestia and Luna were.

"Ah yes, Soarin come in." Celestia said happily. I walked into the room more and the doors closed behind me. I bowed to the Princess and looked back up at her.

"So what did out need me for Princess?" I asked her. She looked at Luna, then back at me.

"Well Soarin, I wanted to see you to not only tell you that you overcame an obstacle that no other pony could, but also that I want to offer you an opportunity." She said. I looked at her confusingly. What could she mean by offer?

"What opportunity would that be Princess?" I asked her. She walked down the throne, and stopped in front of me.

"Well, after seeing your ability in combat, and your dexterity, I think it would be appropriate to offer you a position as captain of the Royal Airforce faction of the Royal Guard." She said. I looked at her in surprise. The Royal Air Force faction was the ability to control the pegusai royal guard. Celestia wanted me to be the captain of the Royal Airforce!

"I don't know what to say Princess, that is shocking news to hear." I replied. She smiled and and walked back to the throne and sat down.

"Don't answer it now, take your time, think it though, then give me our answer." Celestia said. I looked at her and smiled. She then nodded, giving me the signal that I could leave. I got to the front of the castle and was just smiling because of the news she had told me. I looked down, and saw Rainbow Dash waiting for me. I just smiled and walked over to her, with every step, I had pride and I held my head up with no shame. I knew that I had achieved a goal unlike no other pony has.