• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 767 Views, 10 Comments

[Download : A Story] - paulcanare



What happens when reality mixes with fantasy? When that thin line between them get's broken? Let's find out shall we?

  • ...
 10
 767

[001 - Japz]

I awoke with a start, I was dreaming again. I was dreaming about that colorful world... what was it called? Equ...equar...equis...something.

It was a world without war, hunger, and poverty. A perfect world... Too perfect to be real. I guess.

Well, as much fun as it is to laze around day dreaming here. I have a job to get to. A glance at the clock tells me it's already 6:45am.

Time to get ready for work I guess.

I will spare you all the specifics of my daily routine and just jump to the description. I'm a 17 year old and I'm in my second year of college. Imagine a person with a slightly above average weight and intelligence, average height of 5'6", and severely low ammounts of self-esteem, confidence and social skills.

Add that with a negative mindset, short black hair, a set of hazel eyes and overall you would get something like me.

Not much to look at sure, but hey you do what you can with what you've got. Right?

Sorry, I'm rambling here. So let's get to the point.

I work at a convenience store as a clerk or register guy, whatever. A dead end minimum wage job that just barely pays the bills.

Let me tell you a thing or two about working in a convenience store.

It's boring as hell.

It's a routine job that gets old very quickly. Smile and help the customers, scan the items and recieve payment.

My shift starts 0730 and ends 1200, after that I'm off to my apartment to bathe and get ready for college.

I attend 'Silver Streak', and I'm in my second year. Funny name for a college isn't it? It's a private school with a strict 'NO BULLYING' policy, a grand library and students from around the globe. A pristine school that focuses on scholarships and the like.

Heh, the only reason I got in was through a scholarship, well... two scholarships. I got an 'Academic Scholarship' for my grades (not that hard when you're surrounded by snobby rich kids), and an 'Athletic Scholarship' from joining the swim team (apparently I'm the only one who joined who was not after the pool privilages).

So another routine day I guess. Class starts 1300 and ends by 2000 (1 to 8pm?, time flies when one is bored), so 7 hours of studying, tests and lectures. Oh joy.

"Hey 'Japz', did the prof. kill you with boredom again?"

Luckily there's her. Her name is Zoe, a classmate and friend. How I was able to befriend her, I still don't know. But here's a derscription anyways. She's a popular girl with short silver hair, a light complexion with a nice curvy body and a vulmptous bust. I kid you not, they are HUGE. That fact aside, we are JUST FRIENDS, sad right? But hey she's single and she likes to hang out with me. That's good enough for me.

"Nope, but the numb feeling I have says I'm close... I can almost feel my brain leeking through my ears."

"Haha. Very funny. So... What're u doin' after class?"

"Go home and get some sleep. Why?"

"What, no dinner. What's wrong, not hungry?"

"Nah, just wasted my dinner privilages for our last project. No biggie."

"Wow, you did that again? How many times does this make? You know what don't answer. Just meet me at the gate after class, OK. Bye."

"..." Yep, there she goes. Didn't even wait for me to reply.

Oh well, class is starting so. Maybe later.

***

"RING! RING! RING!"

And there's the bell. Time to go hom-

"Hey Japz over here!"

Oh, yeah meet her at the gate. How'd I forget that?

"Yeah, I'm comin' I'm comin'."

"So I take it you are Japz?" Wait a minute.

"Yep dad, that's him." Dad? This buff guy is her dad? *gulp* Don't see why I'm scared? Her dad has the body of a bouncer from some club. I am so dead.

"I've heard a lot about you Japz. Zoe here says you're the only one who looks at her face, not her chest. I respect you for that. She also says you're not eating much these days. That true?"

"Uh, yes? I mean no, I mean..."

"Nervous, don't worry. She made me swear not to hurt you tonight. Also we're of for some dinner. Wanna join us?" Seriously, I don't know if I should be scared or happy in this situation.

"Dad you're intimidating him. Anyways, he's coming. No exceptions. Let's go already."

***

A sports car, I'm riding in a sports car. I kid you not, this is one sweet ride.

"So... Where are we going?"

"KFC, I love chicken. Should be a few more minutes so tell me about yourself..."

***

The ride to KFC was... fun. We talked about school, my scholarships, my personal life, my dead parents...

Eating at KFC was awesome, they got the bucket meal. A whole 8 piece chicken bucket meal.

I ate like a pig.

And after the meal they drove me to my apartment and gave me some take-out chicken. How awesome is that?

Oh well, today is a day I will not soon forget.

And as I lay sleep takes over.

Author's Note:

Author's Note:
Wrote this on my Nokia 5310.
So it' short...

Oh well, nobody reads these anyways so.
yeah...
logging out.