• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 2,300 Views, 33 Comments

Monster Hunting is Magic - Blazing Hell Dasher



The Princesses of Light and Dark must summon someone foriegn to protect the citizens of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 33
 2,300

A new fear introduces itself (Revised)



All rights of Monster Hunter series go to their according creators
All rights of My Little Pony: FiM go to their according owners

Monster Hunting is Magic

A new fear introduces itself

Ceadeus

Species - Elder Dragon
Element- Water
Signature Move - Water Blast
Size- 5837.2 cm

That was what I had to fight to protect the Moga Village two years ago. One of my hardest quests that I had to complete
for the protection and safety of the village. During the time I been assigned to Moga Village as their hunter I have been slowly connecting more with the villagers. This i-

-BONK-

"WAKE UP LACKEY"

I open my eyes to see the oh so loving Cha-Cha standing over me, with a somewhat large Great Jaggi bone that we carved a while back in his hands.

"I wasn't sleeping Cha-Cha." I rubbed where he hit me on the head. The one time I closed my eyes without my helmet i might add and I get suddenly get jumped by my friend (despite getting called his lackey all of the time no less).

"What do you want?"

"I want to hunt!" Cha-Cha shouted to me.

"We just got back from hunting a Rathian and an Rathlos. Don't forget you weren't really helpful during that quest."

"I hunted them, Lackey helped!" 'Ugh, never going to stop being so full of yourself are we?'

"Fine, but I'm going to get some chow in me first. Go ahead and play with the village children okay?"

"Cha-Cha no play! Cha-Cha train kids!"

"Okay okay, just go."

Cha-Cha nodded, threw the Great Jaggi bone next to the collection of masks that we have and waddled out of my bedroom.

I lazily got out of my bed and stretched my somewhat aching body.

I turned to my bed stand and grabbed my Vangis helmet that I earned from fighting Deviljhos.

I sighed "Lets get this day started shall we?" I muttered to myself and headed out the door.

When I stepped out of my sleeping quarters, I watch the busy life of Moga village. Oversea traders making deals with the chief junior, the Store keeper chatting away with her customers, the fish trader having a discussion with one of the oversea crew-mates on which fish is best (which seems to be a heated argument from the looks of it), and the guild keeper having a causal conversation with the village chief.

I headed over to the chef to get a filling meal in myself

"Hey Katt, whats cooking on this excellent morning?" As I say sitting on the wooden chair.

"Ah! Welcome Hunter! We have a nice selection of things for today. Here's a menu for what we got cooking."

I nod and grabbed the menu out of his paw. I browsed through the menu to see what he had, but already knew what I was hungry for today.

Dragon meat and Goat cheese. That combination always gets my stomach gurgling for it all of the time.

I placed the menu on the table and said "Can I get Dragon meat and Goat cheese?"

"A wonderful combo to pick, makes your skin hard as rock, but makes you feel twice as healthy,anything for you fellow customer! That would be 250G please!"

I nodded and grabbed my pouch,picked three 100G coins and handed him the gold coins into his furry paws.

"Keep the change friend."

"Thank you as always hunter! I shall be back before you can say boiled rathlos entrails!"

I chuckled at what he said and watched him prepare my meal. Watching him cook always make me drool through my helmet as I can smell the dragon meat being cooked.

-10 minutes later-

As I feel content from the meal, I see Katt grabbing the plate and start to clean the plate from the little bits I left.

"Katt, I say this once and again. You are amazing at what you do."
He beamed from my comment. "It's only thanks to you that I can cook with real dragon meat! When I was still on the ship, I had nothing but fish to cook with!" 'heh, a cat that hates fish'

"Well, I love to continue to chat but I gotta get started with my day." I stand up off from the chair and patted my stomach from the amazing meal.

"Have a bountiful hunt!"

I start to walk towards Junior to see how he is today and see how things are with the village.

I stopped in front of him on his 'chief tower central' and looked up and waved

" Hey J, how are things with you today?"

Junior looked away from his clipboard and smiled

"Ah, hello friend. The day has been calm and trades have been excellent with nobles continuing of buying our honey."

I grimaced at that "Are nobles still into the 'fat' phase? No offense but I hope they stop buying the stuff or they might explode."

He just laughed "I say let them enjoy what they are doing. This phase is getting the village the gold it needs!"

I just shrugged

"So Hunter, what do you need today?"

"I was going to ask you that actually."

He nodded and looked at the papers on his clipboard. "It seems that we need about two Great Jaggis for their frills."

"So two Great Jaggi frills?"

"We also need some raw meat."

I gave him a thumbs up "Consider it done my friend."

"We thank you Hunter!"

I nodded and was now wondering where Cha-Cha ran off to now.

I noticed a village children running by me, I decided they must be following Cha-Cha.


Yup.

I caught up to Cha-Cha and heard him talking about our last quest and decided to see what he was saying now.

"So Cha-Cha and Lackey were fighting giant dragons,Cha-Cha was using Lackey as a diversion while I used my magical powers to strike the dragons dead!"

They children then started going crazy from the amazing ending that he came up with. I decided that was enough and grabbed him.

"Come on Cha-Cha, I need your 'magic' for our next quest."

Cha-Cha squirmed from my grip and started excitedly dance

"What shall Cha-Cha this time?Diablos?Jhen?? -GASP- will Cha-Cha conquer a Uragaan?"

I rolled my eyes from him being so self-absorbed

"No Cha-Cha, we're just hunting some Great Jaggis today."

"Cha-Cha wants BIG monsters! No puny monsters for the great and powerful Cha-Cha!"

I just ignored him as we walked up to the Guild Keeper. The Guild Keeper is really just a village girl working with the MH Guild so Hunters can accept quests legally and the the Guild Keeper monitors what kind of quests that the Hunter is able to complete with current armor and weapon built. After slaying the Ceadeus, I think I was more than qualified to do any quest that she had to offer for me.

"Hey Keeps (Keeps is the little nickname that everyone started calling her when she came back as a official Guild employee) how are you today?"

"Hi~ Hunter! Things are fine today, I have some quests lined up for you today!"

"Yeah, Junior filled me in that there's a few quests that some villagers needed for today."

She starts nodding excitedly. "Yup! A strong Hunter as yourself can easily take care of some Great Jaggis."

"Well... I'm going back to my sleeping quarters to prepare myself, who knows will pop out while hunting."

"Okay! I'll be here waiting then."

I headed by inside my sleeping quarters to go to my chest that has everything that I have saved that I thought that was going to be useful for me in my adventures as a Hunter. I already knew what I wanted since almost all of the time, I grab these items unless I'm hunting bigger game. I decided to bring my alatreon revolution (Great Sword) with along with complete armor setup of Vangis.

I looked into my pouch of items to make sure I have everything. Okay, I am ready now. I hurried out back to Keep with Cha-Cha in tow.

"Sorry about that Keeps, with everything ready now I am ready to grab that quest."

"Hehe, of course Hunter (grabs the quest off the board behind her and stamps the seal of acceptance onto it) have a bountiful hunt today!"

We headed to the boat that will lead Cha-Cha to our newly accepted quest.


I hope nothing will go wrong.

-----------------------------

-At a different dimension-

"Sister, have thou also felt the disturbance?" Luna ask her older sister

"You know you don't have to speak like that way anymore sister." Celestia responded back to her younger sister

"We-I know sister but it is such a huge change compared 1,000 suns ago..." Luna started to remember the night that she fought her sister as Nightmare Moon. The very being corrupted her to hurt so many of her ponies.

"But you didn't answer my question sister."

Celestia slowly went back from the window and headed to the throne with Luna.
"Yes sister, I do feel it, and I do not like it one bit, and knowing my student, she would have also have felt it and will ask me what's wrong in the morning. I just do not know how I will respond to her. I do not want to worry our ponies in just a feeling that can cause panic and fear into them."

The sisters then continued to discuss this till they arrived at the throne room. The beautiful room has been known as the 'Throne of the Goddesses' . At the end of the large room showed two golden thrones with the left with the picture of Celestia's cutie-mark on the top of the hoof crafted throne. As similar to Celestia's, Luna's throne had the dark and elegant cutie-mark of the moon glowing its blueish tint.

Luna then spoke "What shall we do about this sister? We can not ignore something like this."

Celestia nodded "You are correct sister. For now we must go to the Royal Records and see if we can find at least a hint of what this 'disturbance' is. I will search for it after my royal duties are finished."


-----------------------------

-Back to the dimension of our favorite hunter-

Our hero (and Cha-Cha) just finished their quest and arrived back to the Moga Village. By the time they have finished their quest, the sky has grown dark and was riddled with glowing stars and beautiful bright moon that glowed for tired Hunters and villagers to guide them back home.

"What. The. Heck Cha-Cha!" I said to Cha-Cha who, despite doing a long and tiring quest, seem to be full of energy.

"Lackey did good today! Lackey should feel honored to hunt with me!" as Cha-Cha said while walking back to the sleeping quarters.

Cha-Cha and I both walked into the sleeping quarters and sat onto the bed after a long and tiresome quest.

"Oh please Cha-Cha. I did all of the work, which wasn't bad at all, till you came running towards me, with an Deviljho in tow!"

"Cha-Cha was distracting him for Lackey!"

"Whatever Cha-Cha, I need some sleep after taking down that Deviljho."

He just nodded and left my quarters so I could just rest. I didn't even bother to take off my armor as I just slunk into the covers and placed my head on the pillows. I let myself to ease into the darkness as I start to drift.
.

.
Fire. Flames are everywhere. I was on the bed when I woke up to see my sleeping quarters started to burn. I jumped out of bed and ran outside. I didn't expect to see what I saw.

Bodies. Bodies of everyone I know, on the ground with blood silently spilling through their lifeless bodies. I ran towards Keeps and see if she was still alive.

"KEEPS!KEEPS, WAKE UP." . . .nothing. Despite my cries, she won't respond back. I softly placed her back down where I found her and looked into the skies to see if whatever did this is still here. With the smoke rising into the dark sky, I cannot see anything but I heard:

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR"
I turned a 360 degree to look for the source of that roar. I have fought gigantic monsters.Serpents that swam in lava as if it was water. Even giant sand Wyrens, and I have never heard that roar before.
BOOOOOOM
I was flown forward from the blast that happened right behind me. Slowly, I got up and turned around and saw, where my quarters was, replaced with what I would suspect to be a demon dragon that crept from the deepest parts of cave that makes Alatreon look small.

"So... You are what the prophecy was able to bring to me? Rubbish. You are nothing but a worm squirming till crushed."

I pulled out my Alatreon Revolution and ran towards him. He started shooting fire beams at me. I side-stepped the first beam and rolled out of the way of the second beam.I then ran on top of some debris and jumped right over his head and slashed at his head. The dragon reeled its head roared in pain, the hunter then jumped backward to be out of the way of the angered dragon and examine the damage he dealt to the dragon. 'Thats not normal' thought the hunter. What the hunter saw was that instead of red blood oozing from the dark monster was actually darkness, physical darkness seeping out of its head.

"You seem more bothersome than I thought. No matter, after learning what you are capable, I have nothing to worry now.

After saying that, the world seem to start becoming more and more distorted, the warrior then started become disoriented then collapsed.

Darkness over came him as he fell to the ground.

Author's Note:

Hello and welcome to my very first story of my very first chapter!

I would like to say please rate this story fairly and appropriate, but please give me a little slack for now since this
is the very beginning of my crossover.

"You better be nice or Cha-Cha will hunt you!"

"Cha-Cha, don't hurt them!"

"I threaten so they rate fair!"

-facepalm- "Please excuse him for his behavior and have fun reading my story!"