• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 1,694 Views, 31 Comments

There is no peace in war. - Master-Chief



Pony kind has grown eficient and wants to spread peace over the galaxy.

  • ...
6
 31
 1,694

Wreck of the U.N.S. Delta

The U.N.S. META
Armada Sparkle


The U.N.S. META lingered above the wreckage of it's sister U.N.S. DELTA. The META searched the wreckage. Huge pieces and small alike floated endlessly in the coldness of space. A few body's even were spotted among the wastage, but were picked up by scavenger drones and were brought back to the cruiser. Inside the META's bridge, crew members simultaneously checked their own monitors and scanned the field through the bridge's large window.
"Admiral Yularren, we have drones inside the core reacter room. Waiting for your authorization to shut it down." As the crew member spoke, the admiral caressed his right wrist. He dropped his hand to his side and faced the young crew member.
"Very well, initiate protocol lima-niner. Re-call any units in the area to return to the ship and prepare to scuttle the DELTA." Yularren said into the intercom, notifying all crew members.

Staff sergeant Ramirez bobbed his head up and down listening to some very old classic rock. The music was loud enough for him not to hear the radio broadcast. So he continued cutting away at a section of the DELTA with his plasma cutter. Captain "Lewie" Louis popped his head out of the the hatch and looked over to Ramirez.
"Hey Ramirez," He yelled into their communication system. "Damnit!" He looked up and grabbed a floating peice of scrap metal. He took aim and threw it at Ramirez. The scrap metal flew strait and didnt slow down. It missed Ramirez's space suit and instead clanged against the hull of the ship. Ramirez stopped cutting and turned to look at Lewie who was eagerly waving his hands to come back to the ship.

Ramirez strapped the plasma cutter to his waist and grabbed hold of his space tether. Gradually he made his way back over, but stopped and looked off to his right. "What the hell is that." both the captain and ramirez said.

On the bridge all the crew members were talking among them selves, but it soon fell dead silent as they all looked out the window. Admiral Yularren walked passed the stalled crew members and pressed a red button on a console.
"All units man your battle stations. I repeat man your battle stations!" All the crew members snapped out of their demeanor and rushed around the bridge. Outside the ship The main gun un-latched and became mobile and aimed at the ever growing cruiser in the distance. The admiral pressed the intercom button again. "Abort scuttling DELTA's reactors. I say again abort." He looked at the green glowing light on his console, it turned off.
"X.O. status report."
"Sir, possible enemy cruiser is closing on our position. It's roughly about a mile long, so just about half the size of us."
"Alright contact the U.N.S. IOTA, we dont have any idea what they may or may not have." The X.O. nodded his head and began typing on a console.

"Shit!" yelled Lewie. Ramirez shook his head and began franticlly pulling himself to the shuttle. The unknown ship was basicly above them, casting it's shadow. Now the lights of their ship illuminated the surrounding area. Ramirez climbed inside and closed the hatch behind him. He practically ran to his seat even with zero gravity. The captain wasted no time in starting up the engines, they hummed as they plowed their way through space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Armada Sparkle made its way towards the wreckage site. Captain Thread sat in his chair and scanned the graveyard infront of him. No soul on the bridge of the armada spoke, they just sat in silence and kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Even though it was common for Thread's crew to meet the un-ordinary and make peace and harmony with sentient beings, he has never came across a ship grave yard though. Meaning that a battle had taken place here, so he kept an observant eye out. Before he knew it they were passing through the wreckage. A large piece floated past the bridge window. A crew member took a picture of it. Upon further inspection the piece had equestrian written on it.
"Captain sir, it appears to be witten in equestrian. Did we have any ships in the area?"
"No we shouldnt, this region is unexplored."
Once again silence fell on the bridge. Then out of the blue the proximity alarm went off, making every one on the bridge jump. Captain Thread jumped from his chair and peered out the window. "There." He stated, pointing at a small craft that sped across the wreckage.
"What is it sir?" asked another crewpony.
"It apears to be a small transport, or maybe a scavenger ship." He traced the ship as it moved. Eventually the ship Thread followed revealed yet another ship. This one being at least twice the size of his ship. He ran back to his chair and pressed a red button. the ship alarms went off and red lights circled around the ceiling.

Thread looked at his monitor and the weapon levels were charging up at a slow pace. He ignored the monitor and inspected the cruiser infront of him. It too had similiar writings as the destroyed one. On the left side of the ship which was now just discovered as U.N.S. META, a black hole opened up and had aqua clouds that spun around it. Another ship came out, looking very similiar to the META, but was named IOTA. The two massive ships were directly above the armada. "Pull the ship up!" shouted Thread. He didnt like the position he was currently in. "Send word to the princess that we are in a hot zone." A crew pony looked at the captain and then to his station as he began to send the memo to Princess Celestia.

The ship was in a steep incline as it started to climb at a rapid pace. Suddenly the Armada Sparkle stopped and it's ascent was cut off. The ship shook violently knocking the crew members off their hooves. Thread stood up. Another rupture made the ship tremble, but instead of making Thread fall to the deck, he began to float.
"Sir they hit the gravity displacer!" shouted a crew pony. The sound of popping and explosions rang on the armada's top hull. A loud boom ecohed through out the ship. The bridge began to glow yellow, then orange. Thread looked behind himself as a wall of fire screamed it's way up the hallways of the ship. Crew ponies were engoulfed in the flame and Thread was soon to follow.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yularren watched the ship that the Iota and himself destroyed. Explosions ran up the length of the ship. The Iota announced its departure and entered slip space, leaving the META alone. Yularren walked over to his chair and pressed the intercom button.
"Attention all units. Stand down and scavenger teams prepare to set out again." Yularren sat back in his seat and sighed.