• Published 5th Feb 2013
  • 3,675 Views, 203 Comments

Revelations: The Dark Void - GhostofSandwich



Twilight, having entered a coma, faces the fear that when she wakes, her friends won't be there for her when she wakes.

  • ...
8
 203
 3,675

The Loss of a Friend

The five ponies and Twilight's assistants stood by Twilight's hospital bed. Soft sounds of crying could be heard as Spike held Twilight's hoof close to him. Nopony really knew what had happened to her. According to Spike, she had been practicing her magic. He had departed down the stairs to get a snack, when he heard the sound of a thud above. Quickly, he had ran up the stairs to find her on the ground, a book of powerful magic nearby. Everypony just hoped that she had overexerted herself and would be fine in a day or two. But the doctor had said she had entered a deep coma, and may never wake.

"Please wake up Twi... Please." Spike's voice was cracking from him crying, tears slowly streaming down his face and dripping onto Twilight's hoof. It had only been a mere three hours since he had found her on the ground, but to him it seemed like an eternity since he had spoken to her; seen her smile.

The other ponies in the room simply on looked the scene before them. It became too much for them as Spike fell to his knees, hugging Twilight's hoof. Even Pinkie was crying, her usual demeanor completely gone.

"She's going to be alright... She has to be." Rainbow said softly. "Egg heads always pull through." Her joke, although lightening the mood only a tiny bit, instilled the hope that the six needed. But it still wasn't enough. Silence took over the room, the only sound that of the machinery and Twilight's soft yet shallow breathing. Spike slowly released Twilight's hoof and returned it to her side, and with a sniffle says a goodbye, in case she doesn't make it through the night. None of them want to think they will lose their friend, neither can they live under the false belief she will make a perfect recovery.

"Twi... In case you can hear me, please know that... I love you. You've been there for me ever since I hatched, did everything for me..." He paused a moment to catch his breath and wipe his eyes once more. "And I know that you wouldn't want me to worry about you. But it's so hard... Twilight," He climbed onto the bed and hugged the lavender Unicorn, "please don't leave me." The five ponies simply stared in silence at the small dragon. All of them wanted to do the same, but it was best they let Spike get it out of his system. But they needed to let Twilight get the rest she needs.

"Spike... I know you don't want to leave her side... None of us do." Rarity placed her hoof on the small dragons back, who returned a tear soaked eye as he peeked over his shoulder. "But we need to let her get her rest." With a sniffle, the tiny dragon slowly crawled off of Twilight, a small stain where he had just been on the sheets. "Come on, you can stay with me."

"Thanks Rarity... But Twilight would want me to keep the library running." He glanced at Twilight, hoping slightly for a response, even though he knew one wouldn't come. With a final sniffle, he started heading towards the door. Rarity started to follow after him.

"No." She stopped abruptly as Rainbow placed her hoof in front of Rarity. "Let him be alone for a little bit. We'll stop by the library in a bit." Rarity nodded slowly to Rainbow as Spike opened the door. Not seeing the tall figure before him, he walked right into the hoof of Celestia.

"Spike." She looked down on the small dragon, who returned the look before quickly hurrying away from the room.

"Princess..." The five mares looked at the royal figure as she entered the room and stood next to Twilight's bed.

"I'm sorry, but could you five..."

"Of course princess." Applejack stepped forward and said goodbye to her friend, followed by the four others. They left one by one, leaving the princess standing over her beloved student.

"Twilight..." Tears began to well up steadily into the princess's eyes as she sat near her most beloved student. "What happened to you?" A single tear dropped from her eye, landing on Twilight's right hoof. Celestia look up from Twilight and out the window, the sunset casting a brilliant orange on the horizon; a shadow of Twilight breathing slowly on the wall, with Celestia sitting by her.

Slowly, Celestia leaned her head down and touched her horn to her student's. The coma she was in was beyond any magical help, but she thought that perhaps Twilight would become aware of her standing by her side if they had a magical connection. Another tear dripped from her eye onto Twilight's muzzle as she she pulled her horn away. The fact that she got nothing from touching her horn meant that her student was in no state of conscious at all. She probably wasn't even dreaming, which meant that her student at least wasn't feeling any pain.

"My most loyal student... No, my favorite student... Even if you can't hear me, I want you to know that..." She looked away from the unconscious mare to the floor as tears began to pour from her eyes. "That I love you like a daughter. I wanted you to know that in case..." She stood up and walked to the door, not able to take looking at the only pony she had ever loved as a daughter before in that state. "You don't wake up."

The door slowly closed behind Celestia as she left. If she had stayed a moment longer, she would have notice that Twilight was indeed in some state of conscious. Although it wasn't a good one... Because as she left, a single tear rolled from Twilight's eye and fell softly onto her pillow.

Author's Note:

I don't normally put songs that go with a story, but this song just makes this chapter so much more than it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7w76B7fO_4

I must say that that song pretty much inspired this entire story.