• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 20,475 Views, 534 Comments

To Call the Moon My Own - That_Random_Pony



It's funny learning how easy it is to lose everything. But it's even funnier to learn how easy it can be to replace what was lost.

  • ...
62
 534
 20,475

PreviousChapters Next
Happy Hearth's Warming


Tony's vision slowly came back to him, the sun's rays blinding him for a moment. He sat up slightly and rose a hand, rousing his partner in the process. Luna's hoof retracted from him to help her sit up, and their gazes met. They smiled warmly before giving each other a passionate kiss, then laid together with his arm under her head and her hoof over his chest. His fingers wrapped around her hoof lovingly, and she giggled as he kissed her forehead.

"Last night was… wonderful," Luna sighed softly, nuzzling his cheek.

"You were wonderful," Tony chuckled, resting his head beside hers. "Guess living a few thousand years really fills up your bag of tricks, huh?"

She smirked at him and put a hoof on his chest accusingly. "And you weren't prepared for it?" Luna questioned playfully.

"What are you talking about?" Tony chuckled nervously.

She raised her head and came eye to eye with him, her stare boring holes into his mind. "My sister and I wrote the Pony Sutra," she told him, causing his cheeks to fully redden.

"You… did all of those?" He asked, receiving a devious grin and playful wink.

"I could show you some other time," she whispered. "Page 82?"

Tony's entire face went beet red as his mind involuntarily brought up an image from the book of love and pleasure. "Th-That… would be nice," he managed to say, drooling at the thought.

The door to the room glowed a soft gold, and it groaned slightly as it opened. Celestia stepped in, smiling brightly at the couple. "Good morning, you two," she smiled. "Happy Hearth's Warming."

"Happy Hearth's Warming," they replied together. Tony sat up and smiled warmly. "Still have that present I gave you?"

Celestia teleported the gift in front of her. "Can I open it?" She asked.

"Of course," he nodded. "And this… is for you."

Tony reached under the bed and handed Luna a gift of her own. "What is it?" Luna smiled.

"Maybe you should find out for yourself," he chuckled, pushing the present closer.

Celestia was the first to open hers, and Tony smirked as she looked curiously at the miniature cube. "What… what is it?" She asked.

Luna rose a brow at Tony, who had a large grin. "Ackel (Grow)"

The cube hummed and glowed cyan, then grew to the size of a watermelon.

"Rusküt (Activate)"

The cube parted along several of the cyan lines, whirring as it levitated automatically and hovered over to Tony. The upper portion of the cube hadn't morphed, until Tony pressed a button on the side of it. The remaining half folded outward and revealed two blue lights, which looked around to Luna then to Celestia.

"Vyurk dushtuke, Reku'un (Good morning, Reku'un)" It beeped, surprising the princesses.

"Vyurk dushtuke, P.A.R. (Good morning, P.A.R.)" Tony smiled. "Celestia, Luna, this is P.A.R. Your very own Partially Aware Robot."

"Turetekson ot verak ofocle? (Permission to speak English?)" P.A.R. beeped.

"Granted," Tony said. "P.A.R. this is Celestia and Luna. You are to follow Celestia's word and her word alone. Unless she advises you to disregard that statement."

"I understand," P.A.R. beeped.

"It's a robot?" Celestia questioned.

"Robot would be a general and very commonly used term to simplify my function," P.A.R. hummed. "I am a simplified and restricted artificial intelligence created by Reku'un Alamonshuor. My programming has not yet been written, and so an ‘order-function’ was fitted to my systems as I await my course of action."

Celestia turned to him, obviously lost. "I made him so that he could help you however possible but not go completely berserk with sentience, but I had to make him have his own behavior and mindset… in a sense," Tony explained. "He's sort of jovial and very accurate… but his accuracy will make it seem like he's being pessimistic."

"My programming does not allow my voice module to show any disdain or pessimism," P.A.R. stated. "Therefore, your statements must be clarified by the fact that the person, persons, or ponies will have an opinion on my attitude, which I have none of."

Celestia laughed softly. "He seems useful… and a bit confusing," she chuckled. "Thank you. I'm sure I could use another… voice in the throne room."

"I am pleased to hear that I will be of use to you, Princess," P.A.R. whirred. "Whenever you require me to log you out, simply tell me to do so or press the button Reku'un used. It will power me down until you need me."

"Thank you, P.A.R." Celestia nodded, interested in the way he hummed as he floated about. "So what's your gift, Luna?"

Luna stuck her tongue out at her sister, whose smirk and teasing tone all but pointed to her content with her own assistant. "I'm sure he made me a better… gift…"

Luna had to rub her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She glanced to Tony, who was smiling softly and chuckling as well. Celestia understood Luna's expression as her magic lifted the present from within the cushioned box. It was beautiful. More beautiful than the necklace Tony had crafted himself. This was the work of a true Loki'irian jewelry master. The lines were cut from the finest and sharpest of tools, the metals having been melted in thousands degrees of fire, the gems found in the deepest of caverns from a planet far away. The intricate design was impossible to duplicate by another hand, and the placement of the gems created a small image of an extraterrestrial flower that was more beautiful in person than as an image. The Loki'irian words carved into the edges of it that slowly spun into the center were evenly and carefully cut, proving that it would take years to come close to anything like it.

Tony's mother's medallion.

Tony slowly took the medallion by the chain, which was a blue darker than Luna's coat, and carefully connected it behind her. "Tony…"

He smiled softly, holding up the medallion and looking at the words. "Love is an unbreakable bond that keeps men and women together as an inseparable force," Tony read, drawing tears to Luna's eyes. "Whether by Minira's own hand, or by the will of a person or being, love will always come through to those who are willing to accept what it requires for love to truly take hold. For love… is an energy that can never be beaten. No Makti, no, Doshu'um, no goddess, nor Signa could ever stand against the power of love. It is an eternal force that will always prevail. So love… forsake hate… and dream of a future with love… 647th Makti Furuto Alamonshuor."

Luna smiled at Tony, hugging him tightly and nuzzling him lovingly. "It's beautiful," she whispered, rubbing a wet cheek against his. "I'm sure she's proud of you."

Tony let a single tear fall as he returned the hug, glad to know he was finally ready to let go. All the hate… all the anger… the unhappiness… the vengeance he had promised to abandon. He finally did it. He could separate with the one thing he held dearest to him, and be content in knowing the love of his life was wearing it. He changed for her… he lived for her… and soon he would fight for her. Because she was the only thing that mattered… aside from his friends and the stakes of the upcoming battle. But aside from that, he wanted to make sure she was his main concern at all times.

Celestia watched as they embraced lovingly, and she wiped a tear from her eye. "I can finally let go because of you," Tony said, chuckling as he wiped his tears and placed a hand on her cheek. "You all helped me to remember that love is what my mother always taught me about. Platonic love… family love… true love… it's all I'll ever need to be happy. And I want to thank you all for that."

Celestia went over to the bed and put a wing around his shoulders. "Anything for a friend," she smiled, hugging him and her sister.

Luna gripped his hand tighter as she looked at the medallion. "The other one was getting a bit old, anyway."

The three of them laughed. Laughed as if they weren't royalty. As if they were high schoolers laughing at a dirty joke somepony told in the lockers. And they could care less. All of Canterlot could listen to the princesses laughs, their true, full blown laughs, and they would go on like nothing. Tony laughed… with his friend… and his marefriend. His lover.

"I… didn't get you anything," Luna said sadly.

"It's fine," Tony laughed. "I only need you."

She nuzzled him once more, and Celestia giggled softly. "I guess I should leave you two alone then," Celestia smiled. "Breakfast will be ready whenever you are."

She trotted out of the room, leaving the two to lay together for another few minutes. "I think a shower's in order," Tony sighed, stretching out his legs. "Care to join me?"

Luna kept silent for a moment, then stifled a grunt as she sat up. "I… think I'll need a bit of help," she said hesitantly. Tony arched a brow, then her flushed cheeks answered the growing question.

"Heh… did I really get that out of hand?" Tony chuckled sheepishly.

"You have no idea."

After a long needed shower, and some kisses and snuggling, the two were on their way to the dining hall. The couple received many warm greetings, as they had all attended his performance. Tony got more… suggestive expressions, and a few winks, nods and grins of confirmation. Luna noticed, and she only leaned her head against him as they went, Tony learning that just letting it happen worked just fine. They entered the dining hall and sat down near Celestia's seat. The royal chef came to meet Tony, as he had only heard of him and not seen him until the day before.

"Good morning, monsieur!" He exclaimed, his Prench accent heavy in his speech. "Zo you are ze creature zat has stolen her heart! Eet is an honor to meet you! My name eez Pan Cake. Pan or Chef Pan will do."

Tony shook his hoof firmly, smiling at his lively nature. "It's nice to meet the maker of the delicious foods I've had from here," he replied. "Would you mind another request."

"Zat is why I am here, after all!" Chef Pan laughed. "What'll eet be?"

Tony ordered some regular pancakes, over a dozen of them, while the princesses asked for some scrambled eggs, toast, and hay-bacon. The orders were simple to make, and yet Chef Pan had done his absolute best to make them more delectable than usual. Tony's mouth watered as he placed pancake after pancake between his jaws, biting into it and downing his milk. Chef Pan was put to the test as the Signa's appetite made itself known, and by the eigth hour of the day, over a dozen dishes decorated with syrup and twelve glasses with drops of orange juice were piled onto a cart for the chef to take.

"Thank you, again," Tony smiled sheepishly. "It was delicious."

"I can tell!" Pan laughed, pushing the cart into the kitchen. "No challenge eez too great for Chef Pan! Remember zis!"

"I will," Tony nodded as Pan disappeared into the kitchen. "Please tell me you pay him well."

Celestia and Luna laughed softly. "He's one of our most trusted staff members," Celestia told him. "And a very good friend. I make sure he isn't going to be sent into the streets."

"But I'm sure he could make his own restaurant if you did," Luna teased, giggling at the thought. "You should see what he can make from scraps."

Tony sighed contentedly, glancing to the clock above the door. "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this was the best Hearth's Warming I've ever had," Tony laughed.

"As it was for me," Luna added, kissing his cheek.

Celestia rolled her eyes playfully. "It would have been a better Hearth's Warming if the entire castle hadn't heard you two," she laughed, doing so even harder as their faces went scarlet.

So that's why those ponies were doing all that…

"Y-You're kidding… right?" Luna chuckled weakly.

Celestia smirked, resting her chin on her hoof. "I heard every word, little sister," she said slowly. "I told him how rough you could be."

Luna's blush darkened as she averted her gaze to the table. Tony, a bit proud with his own performance, had a nervous smile growing. "Was I really that good?"

"I'm sure you were, wasn't he Luna?" Celestia laughed, even as her younger sibling glared. "But how was it for the both of you?"

Luna smirked and chuckled as she rose her head. "Tony here read our most infamous and famous book," she told her sister. "The Pony Sutra."

Celestia's eyes widened a bit before she started laughing a bit. "Oh. So I'm sure you were given the best ‘treatments’" Celestia giggled.

Luna turned to Tony with a suggestive, half-lidded smirk. "You have no idea."

"OOOOOOkay then!" Tony coughed, eliciting some laughs from his marefriend and her sister. "Um… I was wondering if you two could come with me to Ponyville. Y'know, it's Hearth's Warming and all, so maybe you two could be there when me and the girls are giving gifts."

"Twilight already gave us our gifts," Luna said sadly, unable to repress a yawn. "And I'm still a little… worn out from last night."

"And Day Court starts in an hour," Celestia sighed.

"Day Court on Hearth's Warming Day?" Tony questioned. "Well… at least I got to see you two open your… presents… I still have to give the girls theirs!" Tony smacked himself in the face, groaning in annoyance.

"So this is goodbye for now then?" Luna giggled, kissing his cheek. "It was a wonderful night. Best one I've had in millennia."

Tony laughed softly, thanking Minira that she understood. "Just remember… whenever you want to talk…"

…I'm always with you through here.

At least we can speak this way. I'll see you soon, then.

Promise.

Celestia rose a brow as she watched them stare at each other in silence. Luna finally giggled, kissed his cheek, then watched as he stood up. She gave him one final hug, and Tony saluted goodbye to Celestia. He dashed out of the room, straight to the courtyard, then leaped off the side of the cliff. Beneath him, Nyla spread her wings and dove after him, coming up and flying away as they started for Ponyville.

Luna sighed softly, glancing to her sister, who was smirking very amusedly. Luna blushed as Celestia's expression spoke for itself. "Was I really that loud?"

Celestia shrugged. "Aside from the fact that you broke into the Royal Canterlot Voice, I'm sure we missed a minority of it," Celestia laughed.




Tony smiled as his and Nyla's hearts beat in sync, the thrill of flying being the second most exciting thing that made the man smile. He could hear Nyla chuckling, however, and he felt a familiar warmth in his cheeks.

Please tell me you were out of range.

Nyla laughed mentally, drifting to the left to avoid the heavy winds.

Of course I was… but I still have all of your memories.

You will NEVER bring ANY of it up. Got it?

Whatever you say, Reku'un.

Tony shook his head and eased up on the reigns, prompting Nyla to go lower.

Thank you, Nyla… for joining her in Ina.

I didn't do this for her. Remember that. I want you to be happy… even if I don't trust them.

One day, Nyla. One day you'll trust them like I do. Maybe even more.

We'll see.

Yes we will.

The town of Ponyville came into view, covered in a blanket of snow. Nyla landed near the Everfree, growling at the snow that melted against her scales. Tony jumped off, looking at the flawless piles of snow, then placed his head against Nyla and rubbed her eye crest. She growled softly and made her way into the forest, while Tony started for the library. It was as festive as ever. Dozens of ponies were out in the snow, fillies and colts making snow ponies, grouping for snowball fights, and making snow angels.

He got many congratulations from… just about everypony. Apparently, his relationship with Luna was put in the news, and so he had dozens of ponies he had met before question why he kept it a secret, who knew about it, if he was making a herd with Luna and Celestia (which he couldn't help but laugh at), and if he was going to make his relationship last. Simple answers, and lots of warm holiday cheer. After all, they had some place to be, so it made his encounters brief. His closer friends walked with him for a while, complimenting him on his performance with Fluttershy and on his song. He especially loved the compliments about Fluttershy. She was really getting some attention now, which made him laugh since she would probably hide away now. Still, he could help her with the reporters, if anything.

The library soon came into sight, and Tony opened the door and walked in on the girls and Spike opening presents. "Tony!" Pinkie squeed, jumping onto him and hugging tightly. "Happy Hearth's Warming!"

"Happy Hearth's Warming… Pinkie," Tony strained, his lungs getting crushed once again. She let go and hopped over to the group.

"Well what're you waiting for?! It's time for presents!" Pinkie cheered, pulling out her present for him. "Where's ours?"

Tony chuckled and used his rites to bring the seven boxes down from his bedroom. The boxes settled in front of their newest owners, who were surprised to see that he had gotten them ALL one.

"Aw, you didn't have to!" Pinkie giggled, shaking hers violently. "What is it?"

"Open it, silly," he laughed. "C'mon girls, open 'em up!"

"Ah didn't need anything, y'know," Applejack smiled. "Not that Ah don't appreciate it."

"It must have been expensive! Seven gifts!" Rarity exclaimed. Tony shrugged.

"You all did it," Tony pointed out with a smile. "I won't take no for an answer! I already burned the receipts, so there's no refusing!"

Rainbow laughed as she tore open her small box, wondering what it could be. "TWO TICKETS TO THE NEXT WONDERBOLTS PERFORMANCE?!" She yelled happily. "AND BACKSTAGE PASSES?!"

"Straight from Spitfire herself," Tony smiled, grunting as Rainbow tackled him in an iron hug. "Can't… breathe…"

She sheepishly let go and squealed as she looked at the glossy tickets. "Thank you! Thank you SO MUCH!"

"No problem. Rarity, open yours up." She did so, less savagely than Rainbow.

In the box laid several rolls of velvet, silk, and cashmere fabrics. Beneath those, a blood-red diamond found specifically in Saddle Arabia. Beneath that, a portable sewing machine, fresh out of the factory.

"Where did you find a rose diamond?!" Rarity exclaimed, looking over the beauty in her magic grip. "This must have costed an entire acre!"

"Or showing them that I can really ride Nyla," Tony laughed. Rarity's jaw dropped, and the others laughed as well.

"It's so pretty," Fluttershy commented, looking at her reflection in the diamond.

Rarity already had a thousand ideas forming for the bowling ball-sized diamond. "It's wonderful!" She squealed. "I'll have a new dress line centered around this beauty in just a few days!"

Tony gave her a brief hug and smiled at Fluttershy. "Go on, Flutters. Your turn."

"Okay. If you say so." Fluttershy took off the wrappings gently, pulling the lid off the box and gasping softly.

It was a Kital whistle… made out of gold with silver linings along the creases. At first she thought it would be stiff, but upon picking it up she felt it was flexible and light. She pressed it against her lips and played out a high tune, which sounded somewhat more refined and smooth than a regular grass blade.

"What… how… h-how did you make this?" Fluttershy asked.

"By melding it and getting Vinyl to put a mimic spell on it," Tony smiled.

Twilight "oh'd" at his explanation. "So you gave it the properties of a normal grass leaf!" She said aloud. "That's amazing!"

Fluttershy looked closely, her name carved into the upper lip piece. She wiped a tear from her eye and zipped over to Tony, giving him yet another hug. He did the same, easing her back as she sniffled with joy.

"Thank you so much," Fluttershy smiled. Tony wiped a tear from her eye and chuckled.

"Put this to good use," Tony playfully chided, pointing at her as well. "When we're done with all this I want to see you being the next big thing, even if it's just in a poetry pub or something."

Fluttershy giggled and nodded softly. "I promise," she said softly. "What's your present, Twilight?"

"Let's find out," she shrugged.

Her magic undid the wrappings easily and revealed a bundle of newspapers. It was rectangular, which is all she needed to know before tearing apart the papers and reaching the present. Twilight gasped softly as she lifted up the book to the light.

"No. WAY!" Twilight exclaimed, running her hooves over the cover. " ‘Draconic Magic, Volume XIII’?!"

"Dragon spells and stuff?" Spike asked, looking at the book with interest.

"No pony's ever gotten a hold of the missing number XIII! How did you get this?!" Tony was starting to find amusement in the way none of them knew how he got a hold of their presents.

"I met King Draco," Tony smiled. "It was a couple months ago, when the whole reporter-mob thing happened. He showed me around the kingdom, and we all got along nicely. He gave me this copy, since I explained that magic was energy and his whole kind were partners to mine, and all that jazz. But anyway, I can't learn magic… sooo, I thought you could use it."

Twilight's brain had tuned out most of what he said as her eyes were practically rubbing themselves over the aged paper. "Uh-huh," she murmured, flipping to the first page immediately.

Tony laughed, then silenced when he realized Twilight was hugging him and laughing. "I'm not that big of a bookworm," she giggled.

"Yeah you are," Spike chuckled, smiling sheepishly as she glared briefly at him. "Sorry?"

With a roll of their eyes, Tony motioned to Applejack. "Tear it up, sis o' mine," he winked.

"Thought ya'd never say it," Applejack chuckled as she tore it open.

In hers was a set of some new, apple family marked farm tools and…

"A new hat," Applejack said softly, looking at the slightly darker, black rimmed stetson.

"Thought you'd like another, in case you feel any more fancy," Tony joked. His chuckling ceased when he noticed everypony had fallen silent.

Applejack looked at the new stetson, then pulled her own down and looked at it. "Tony… I'm sorry, but Ah can't accept this," she sighed. "This hat was… Pa's old work hat. All I got left of him."

Tony understood now. He sat down beside her and hugged her comfortingly. "I'm sorry, AJ. I didn't know," he whispered. He could've sworn he heard her sniffle, but she only laughed weakly and wiped her eyes.

"Don't you worry about me," Applejack smiled. "Ain't gonna hear no sob stories on Hearth's Warming. Thanks for the new tools. Mine are gettin' a bit rusty, anyhow."

Tony smiled softly, unsure whether or not to talk to her about this. But Pinkie was way ahead of him on getting the mood back to normal. "My turn! My turn!" She called out, shredding the wrappings easily and gasping so hard her jaw fell to the floor. "No. Way! Mini-Gold-Tiny-Awesome-Super-Party Cannon!"

It was literally the size of a pebble. How it was made was beyond even Twilight's comprehension, as she decided it best to avoid another headache. Still, Tony's resizing technology could have played a role in it, which it did. Tony bared through another backbreaking hug, which Pinkie was happy to give him. All that was left now, was Spike's present. Tony nodded to the young drake, who opened his present with eagerness matched by his age. He looked upon the collection of rare gems, and it wasn't long before he was drooling.

"Got these from all over the five nations," Tony smiled. "Don't waste them in one day, 'kay?"

Spike nodded subconsciously and looked over each beautiful gem. "These are so gonna be worth waiting for," Spike mumbled, wondering what each would taste like. Tony bumped his knuckle with Spike's, the former laughing as he saw Spike devour his first gem and shudder in pleasure.

"Now it's time for Tony's present!" Pinkie announced, pulling out a trumpet and playing a fanfare. She tossed it away and jumped behind the couch, then appeared behind his back with a small box. "Go on! Open it!"

Tony pulled the lid off and chuckled nervously. "A… rock?"

"His name's Mr. Pebbles!" Pinkie giggled. "Say hi!"

Tony was kind of disappointed, which he did a good job of hiding, but not good enough. "Um, hi?"

The girls and Spike bursted out laughing, clutching their sides as Pinkie rolled over to them. "I told you girls I could make him say it!" Pinkie laughed, hopping up and going over to a confused Tony.

"You didn't think she was serious, did you?!" Rainbow laughed, wiping a tear from her eye.

"Yeah!" Pinkie laughed, slipping the rock away. "You're safe now, Mr. Pebbles."

"What?"

"I said, it's time to open your real present!" Pinkie smiled nervously, grabbing it from the bookcase beside him and hoofing it over.

Tony took the thin present and looked to the girls for confirmation. "Come on now," Applejack smirked. "It's the real deal."

Tony nodded and unwrapped the paper, his grin slowly fading as he looked at the picture frame. It… it was an exact replica of one of his own pictures…

…with Dan.

It was painted, beautifully, and encased in a silver frame with sapphire gems dotting the frame here and there. The picture itself was of Dan and Tony in their local park… one of their first times hanging out together. Tony was on the right, Dan was on the left. His best friend's hand was on his left shoulder while his other hand was doing his signature salute. Tony looked amused but a bit serious, even as Dan smiled widely. Even now… he could vividly remember his bright smile… the one he used to spread laughter and good times. It was extremely contagious, and it was the only thing that ever made Tony smile back then. He gritted his teeth as he refrained from crying, out of happiness more than sadness. The group hugged him firmly, and he started laughing softly.

"This is the best painting I've ever seen," Tony sniffled, hugging them close. "Thanks, girls. You guys are the best."

"Well you deserved something to remember him by," Twilight smiled warmly. "And we all thought it would be the best one."

"Fluttershy picked it out," Rainbow nodded. Tony gave Fluttershy another long hug, trying his best to keep his tears from falling into her mane.

"I love you guys," he laughed. "Thanks for making my first Hearth's Warming the best yet."

"Just wait until next year!" Pinkie whooped, landing on Tony's shoulders.

They laughed together, and Tony stared down at the fine painting. It was going to stay right beside his bed, reminding him what he was going to do with Dan's amulet when the Loki'irians arrived, and they would ultimately have to fight. But for now, it served to remind him that he had friends, ponies that loved him like family, a real life again, and a mare he loved. It reminded him of his happy times and the fun times. It made him feel…

…right at home.

Author's Note:

Late, I know, but for those who were wondering what the girls got. I wish you the warmest of days and loveliest of night, and as always, like, fav, comment and have a momentous day or night! Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next