• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 551 Views, 15 Comments

The Southern Touch - Rebel Brony



Scootaloo and Apple Bloom have started dating. However, someone unexpected comes to town.

  • ...
3
 15
 551

Arriving at Ponyville

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo had made the long walk up to Sweet Apple Acres. They walked in silence, but smiled as they followed the path. It wasn't really cold outside, just brisk. The sky was clear and full of stars. It was close to midnight and the two ponies were tired.

In the distance, they saw the light of the porch of a house left on. The two ponies could see a figure in the darkness as they made their way to the steps. They walked side-by-side until they reached the porch and stopped in front of the pony. The older mare smiled.

“Howdy y’all.” The mare spoke in her typical southern drawl. The mare looked at both ponies and chuckled. Scootaloo looked at the mare and began to speak.
“Hello, Applejack, I just arrived in Ponyville and I need a place to stay.” Scootaloo blushed sheepishly; she couldn’t help but be embarrassed, but the home she once knew was long gone. Applejack raised an eyebrow and smiled again.

"Alrigh’, ya can stay here. Ah’ll even let ya sleep in Apple Bloom’s room, but no loud noises while we’re tryin’ ta sleep.” Applejack’s statement made both younger ponies blush. They nodded in agreement and headed inside.
The house smelled of apple pie and the old floorboards creaked noisily. There were pictures of different ponies hanging on the walls, some of which were family photos. The house had been through so much, even having to be rebuilt on several occasions.

Apple Bloom and Applejack slowly trotted through the house in silence with Scootaloo close behind. They sat down in the living room for a moment before Applejack broke the silence.

“So, Ah am ta assume tha’ y’all like each other more tha’ jus’ friends. Tha’s fine with me, after all, we’re a family, and don’ ya’ll forget that. Now, I don’ wanna know what happened outside fer right now, it can wait till mornin’. Also, Sweetie Belle’ll be comin’ to the train station tomorrah, so Ah suggest y’all get some sleep. We’ll talk in the mornin’. Good night.” Applejack turned around and walked up the stairs towards her room.

The two ponies set there for a moment, knowing they were tired and had a long day ahead of them. They walked towards the stairs to finally get some sleep.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The two fillies woke up in the early morning and got ready to go to the train station. They made sure to brush their manes and teeth. Scootaloo also made sure to clean her feathers. Once they had finished, they walked into the hallway and towards the kitchen to eat breakfast.

Applejack had the table set and ready to go. Grass pancakes were stacked high, the smell of syrup was in the air, along with toast to complete the meal. The three ponies set down and began their breakfast.

“So, the two o’ ya like each other?” Applejack asked. The two young mares nodded in response.

“Well, I don’t see a problem with that,” began the mare, adding,” but neither of ya are gonna be a two timin’-hussie.”

The two ponies were taken aback. They had heard Applejack be foul-mouthed before. But this was a bit different.
A moment passed before anypony spoke. Scootaloo looked like she was about to go off but kept her composure.

Apple Bloom decided to intervene and halt the coming confrontation. Applejack didn't know why Scootaloo was so upset.

“Yes, ma’am,” Apple Bloom replied, breaking the silence in hopes of avoiding confrontation. The clock chimed in the background. Applejack looked at the clock and smiled at the other two ponies.

“It’s about time to go wait for Sweetie Belle. Big Macintosh is out working the fields. But I think a few other ponies should be there,” Applejack said in a rush.

The ponies walked out of the house and through the yard. They were in a hurry and didn't want to stop. They passed by the marketplace and town hall before finally stopping at the entrance to the train station. They walked in the front door and looked around noticing there weren't many ponies (but still a fairly large amount) waiting for a train to arrive.

They walked to the ramp in time to see a train pull in. The train approached the platform slowly, then came to a halt. The train was long and filled with passengers, some of whom were reading, while others slept and a small number were getting ready to depart. The doors opened, allowing the passengers to exit.

A beautiful white unicorn walked off the train and onto the platform, looking around until her eyes landed on their targets. She smiled and practically hopped towards her friends. However, not far behind her was a unicorn stallion with a black coat and a dark blue mane. His tail was short and his mane was parted. His eyes were orange-colored in their irises.

The stallion followed close behind the mare. Apple Bloom and the others thought this odd, but weren’t going to say anything. He had a nervous expression and seemed as jumpy as a foal on their first school day. His cutiemark resembled lightning and was a light-blue color.

“Hi girls!” the mare greeted with a sing-song voice. The three friends embraced each other. The stallion stood unblinking for a moment.

“Sweetie, who’s ya friend?” Apple Bloom asked. The white unicorn blushed; she hadn’t told anypony about him yet.

“His name’s Thunderstruck. He’s my coltfriend,” Sweetie said with an embarrassed smile. The stallion faltered but managed a hello.

“He looks like he’s more sheepish than Fluttershy,” Scootaloo said, not intending to be rude.

“Sure, he’s quiet, but he’s nicer than most. Besides, how many unicorns do you know who can project lightning?” Sweetie said, pointing a hoof at his horn. Scootaloo noticed his horn for the first time. It was fairly long and pointy.

Scootaloo was barely listening to the conversation, her mind wanted to wander to everything but the simple gathering of friends. Rarity appeared and began to talk with Sweetie Belle. Something felt off to the pegasus.

As the ponies were talking and catching up on things, Scootaloo began to look at some of the other ponies. There were tourists, foals with their parents, college students, and ponies of every occupation walking around. She could swear she saw an orange Earth pony. As she continued looking, the pegasus noticed something in particular that stood out among everything else.

On the other side of the platform, a pegasus pony stood completely still, his expression devoid of emotion. His mane was a jet black, his coat a fiery red. His eyes were ice-blue, with a cold, piercing stare. His wings were large and looked well-groomed. He stood in a prideful pose seeming almost angelic. However, Scootaloo knew better.

As he began to turn, Scootaloo ducked behind a pony to avoid his gaze. Apple Bloom noticed and went to check on Scootaloo. After all, Apple Bloom knew her better than most ponies.
“Scootaloo, what’s wrong?” the Earth pony asked, her eyes full of concern.
“I saw a pony I recognized. I gotta hide,” Scootaloo responded. Apple Bloom’s grew even more concerned, but she couldn’t just leave everypony. After a moment of thinking, she knew what to do.
“Hey ya’ll, how abou’ we go ta Sugarcube Corner?” Apple Bloom asked the others. The ponies in their party all nodded. Thunderstruck, who had barely said anything at all, merely looked clueless as he followed the others.

Author's Note:

This might seem a little rushed. Hopefully, the next won't be that rushed I tried setting a date and so I may have messed up. Um I think I ended it poorly but hopefully I can get better at it.

This is loosely based off of another story I did, but I think both stories can go on their own.

Also, I'm kinda looking to make a team to help me with my writing so pm me if interested.

pre read by The Nonny Mouse, I think that's what he changed his name to here.

So enjoy, be polite or I delete your comment 'cause I'm mean like that.

Anyway please like and favorite and comment, or else you will be visited tonight, But seriously please I might respond to you. But then again I might not. :ajsmug: