• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 638 Views, 13 Comments

Fluttershy's Inferno - Fish Taco Truck



After Rainbow Dash is kidnapped by a servior of Na-shuul, eternal keeper of darkness, Fluttershy must follow him in to the pits of The Inferno, the hell for ponies.

  • ...
1
 13
 638

Limbo, Part 1

Dark waters sloshed under the rowboat. It creaked and swayed inside of the cool night air, and the overwhelming stench of decay filled the nostrils of the two denizens of this boat. The sea they resided in was the Sea of Souls, a precursor to the foul place they traveled to.

Fluttershy was wearing an armor of pale steel, donning aluminum hoof-plates (glazed to be gold), and sharp shoulder plates. On her back, nearly invisible, sat a large sword. the blade was a silver glow, unfathomably bright in the velvety darkness.The hilt was steel wrapped in leather, and a sun stone was stored within a socket at the end. The fury of the sun would flow through this blade, and strike down any darkness that stood to fight her.

Twilight wore a black robe, as her frequent... trips in to The Inferno had left her with quite an unhappy name. She would be killed on sight if she was identified. They both sat in silence, and the only sound was the water. Moving, splashing on the boat's side. It would cause anyone else to go insane.

"Twilight, I need you to tell me what I will be facing ahead." Fluttershy broke the silence with her sweet, however determined voice. "I've never been to The Inferno, nor do I want to ever again after this adventure." Twilight seemed to know her pain. She may be a resolute and introverted pony, but she is no stranger to Fluttershy and her emotions.

"Understandable," Twilight replied. "The Inferno is a horrid place of evil and nightmares. After this is over you will reach a solace unlike any other." Twilight sighed, stopped her constant rowing to look at her map she had pulled from a book. "The first circle you will see is Limbo. Nothing exists but your own personal fears and nightmares. You will have to defeat them to move onward.

"Next is Lust. Ponies will try and seduce you to going back, but you cannot listen. Just keep moving." Twilight paused to take a deep breath. "Next is Gluttony. You will find millions of treats and cakes, but once you eat one you cannot stop. Do not eat any of the food in that circle. After that is Greed. Gold, gems and hundreds of fortunes will tempt you, but you cannot fall for the tricks of gold.

"The fourth circle is Wrath. Anger and evil brew there, and the enemies you will face must be killed to end their torment of anger. The fifth is Pride. Enemies there must be taught of their mistakes... and show their pride the comfort of a blade. The sixth circle is Darkness. Ponies are there by choice, and a great city has been made there. They dabble in the black arts, summoning creatures of nightmare. You need to kill any pony you see inside. That is not a choice."

Fluttershy was holding up a sigh. She had never killed anypony, or any animal in her life. To start now was going to be, not only hard, but painful. But once it was over, she would gain a form of solace with herself. She knew this.

Twilight continued. "The 7th, and second to the innermost circle, is Nightmares. All nightmares from every pony on the planet reside here. Their greatest fears... even yours. The final and eighth circle is Violence. That is where you will find Na-shuul, and most likely Rainbow Dash."

They black waters began to become clearer, as the boat approached Limbo. Fluttershy knew what she needed to do, and she could not let her friends down; she could not allow herself to fail.Twilight seemed to notice her determination, and giggled.

"Twilight?" Fluttershy seemed surprise, a laugh inside of such a bleak place.

"I knew you had pent up battle fury, but to take on the Eight Circles of The Inferno?" Twilight smiled. "You're something of a warrior, Fluttershy."

"After this, not so sure I will be." Fluttershy said. The atmosphere immediately turned serious once more. The fog around them shifted to reveal the waters ahead, and most importantly a beach made of pure black sand. Screams could be heard seemingly miles away.

The sound of the boat hitting the sand nearly made Fluttershy jumped. She knew she needed to be resolute. Not now, Fluttershy. Forget fear. Her hoof hit the sand, and it crumpled under her hoof. The first hoof step of many had been taken.

"Fluttershy," Twilight said. She turned around to look at her friend once more. The element of magic took off her hood to reveal her face, the first time she had seen it in hours.

"You need to remember that danger, is very real." Twilight's eyes narrowed with seriousness. "But to be afraid is a choice. No matter what happens, promise me that fear will not be your choice."

"I cannot feel fear, when it is all around me." Fluttershy's smile could bring the whole of Limbo to light. "It's a... special talent of mine."

"Then I need to get back to Canterlot to hold off Na-shuul's forces." Twilight used her hoof to kick the boat off. Fluttershy turned to look at the fog covered trees in front of her, when she heard her name called by Twilight.

She turned back to see the boat, and heard a yell. "Kick some ass for me!"

"There aren't any donkeys down here, but I will try!" She replied. A muted laugh is what she heard in response. The last she would hear for hours, maybe days. The smile faded from her face, and ferocity took it's place. The trees ahead of her were a pure onyx, and the leaves were as if crystal shards. She trotted forward, in to the darkness ahead of her.

In to The Inferno.

Fluttershy's Inferno