• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 686 Views, 4 Comments

Consuming Hatred - BrightSanctuary



Twilight finds herself in a predicament. Everypony in Ponyville has turned agenst everyone else. What could have caused it and can she find a way to stop it.

  • ...
3
 4
 686

The Fainting Spell

Twilight left the library. Each step was with dread. She had no idea what she would expect to happen next. She knew that she needed to go through the mines to check on Time Turner. She only hoped that he was able to escape. The dark paths leading back into the mines were not all that welcoming, but she had to do it.

She stepped into the caves, and then let her eyes adjust. The caves weren’t as frozen as before. The floors and ceilings were covered in slush, and the ice was still melting. At least this showed some kind of hope.

She continued on through the caves until she got to the area where she had last left Time Turner. When she got there, there was nothing left. She looked around for a minute, but then decided that he must have got away somehow. She could only hope he was alright.

Twilight continued out the caves until she got outside. This, on the other hand, showed no hope. The skies were as black as night. She could not tell the difference form day and night, but for now all she cared about was getting her friends back.

Twilight took her first step away from the cave, when she heard the piercing howl of the Windigos. Twilight took off at full speed. She didn’t know why. Was it because she was startled or because she was afraid for her friends, though probably both?

As she ran she could only hear the howl of the Windigos piercing the sky like a needle. It was when she began to slow down, about an hour later, and look behind her that she saw them. The Windgos had been chasing her. She kicked up her speed again and even faster than the first, but it seemed that she could not outrun them.

Slowly the clouds seemed to be sinking from the sky around her. With a closer look though she noticed that each cloud was another Windigo coming down to try and cut her off. Putting even more into her speed she was beginning to feel the pain. Her legs began to hurt, as she dodged around the Windigo and just kept running.

After only about another hour of running, her whole body was screaming at her to stop, but she could not. If she stopped the Windigos would get her and that would be the end. As much as she wanted to run though, her body could not run forever. Finally she stumbled across her own feet, and fell to the ground.

She closed her eyes for a second to get her bring, but when she opened them she was surrounded. The clouds around her were so thick she could not she her own hoof in front of her face. What she could see was the silhouette of about a dozen Windigos amidst the freezing fog.

Twilight froze, partly out of fear and partly out of the cold. She looked at them each one howled a piercing sound that shout have made her deaf, but seemed to be more in her head rather than in her ear.

She closed her eyes finally accepting her fate, “Fine take me, but Cadence proved that you can cloud our minds, and you can make us think we hate each other but you can’t take away the love from our hearts, and even if I am gone my friends will sooner or later remember that, just as I had to remember that they were mine.”

The Windigos let out a shrill shriek that made Twilights ears ring. They took a step… and then another… and then another. With each step Twilight could feel the air around her heat up. When they had stepped back enough, she found a hole and ran for it. Her first couple of steps were a stumble, then she was able to pick herself up.

She only ran for a bit until she realized the Windigos weren’t following her anymore, than she slowed to a trot. It was ok, for Ponyville was not very far. She made it to Ponyville without any more trouble to slow her down.

She walked into the town to a now much familiar site. The whole city was covered in snow, and a most the ponies were fighting in the streets. Some were hidden in corners, Berry Punch was passed out in an alleyway drunk, probably consumed by cider poisoning, and Rainbow Dash smashing what buildings had not already been knocked down.

Twilight made it to her library without much of a problem. She had been attacked by a couple different ponies, but was able to doge them. It was when she got to her library that she faced her biggest problem. Spike was awake again, and he had completely torn down the library with himself being there in its place.

Twilight closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. Channeling her magic into her horn she released a sleep spell. Spike stammered a bit then fell over. Twilight then went into the library, or at least what was left of it. She looked around at the mess. All the books were scattered everywhere, and some of them had even been either eaten of burnt.

She shifted through her books for a spell she might be able to use to slow down the whole city. She found a mass sleep spell, but realized that would take more energy then she had left.
Right then Twilight heard a bang agents what was left of her book shelf, as it came crashing down. Twilight looked up to find Pinky standing where the book shelf was, with a look that could kill the fully grown spike that lay behind Twilight.

Twilight could only guess, but she was sure that Pinky was not there to check out a book. Pinky then jumped from where she stood to two feet in front of Twilight. Her hair draped low, and she looked as though nothing could stop her at whatever she may have planned. Pinky reared up and slammed into Twilights chest and knocked her back agents the sleeping Spike. At least Spike was there to ease her fall.

Before Twilight could think what to do next, Pinky charged Twilight pinning her agents Spike so that Twilight could not move. Twilight looked deep into Pinky’s eyes, but what she saw was not the Pinky she knows. She saw a hate that consumed her, and took over her every being, driving her beyond her own physical limits.
Twilight got an idea, but first she had to take care of Pinky. Just as Pinky reared up to strike Twilight, she shot a beam right into Pinky’s chest. Twilight then closed her eyes and released another sleep spell on Pinky, and Pinky slept right where she crashed to the ground.

Twilight looked out and around Ponyville, to see all the chaos that had come to consume everypony in her town. Twilight closed her eyes and focused on her next spell, this was the first time she had to create her own spell by altering another. Twilight would alter the sleep spell and create a spell that would make everypony burn through whatever second wind they may have.

Twilight then with all her concentration released the spell. Instantly Twilight felt really dizzy. Once she was able to get over that she then looked out to see how well her spell worked. At first the spell seemed to work, and everypony began to slow down, but then they were knocked back into high speed.

Twilight thought for a second and decided that another shot at that spell was her only hope. She closed her eyes and focused as hard as she could, knowing just as well that this spell may take out everything she had left, and then released. Twilight stumbled for a second, completely taken by dizziness. She was able to hold herself to take a look outside long enough to see that her spell was working and everypony was starting to drop to the ground one-by-one. Then she collapsed.