• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 398 Views, 10 Comments

The Pony in Pink - WaffleBandito



After Pinkie Pie's cake that she baked went missing, her and Twilight investigate on it.

  • ...
 10
 398

Chapter 2: Pinkie's Questioning

Later the same day in Twilight’s Library. Twilight is meditating on a tall end stacked tower of books. While also using levitation magic on more books.

“Hey Twilight!” Pinkie said.

Twilight opens her eyes and notices that she is only levitating Pinkie Pie. She gives out a scared yelp, and falls down off of her tower.

“Pinkie, I was concentrating on my magic!” Twilight argued.

“So that’s why you stacked yourself on top of these books?” Pinkie Pie questioned.

“I was meditating. Zecora told me that it was a great way to relax and focus.” Twilight answered. “So, why are you here?” She added.

“Well I made a nice mouthwatering cake and went outside for a itsy witsy tiny moment and then when I came back inside it was gone!” Pinkie told Twilight.

“Well why don’t you try asking any witnesses or gather clues.” Twilight asked.

“Duh I should have known. It’s so obvious!” Pinkie shouted.

Pinkie grabs markers and parchment. She exits the library by speeding out through the door. Twilight restacks the books.

“Let’s start by observing clues.” Pinkie said.

Pinkie starts walking around Sugar Cube Corner. Applejack see’s Pinkie Pie walking around in literal circles.

“Uh, Pinkie. Are you feeling alright there? Applejack asked Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie stares into Applejack’s face with a magnifying glass. Applejack starts feeling uncomfortable.

“I’ll take that as a… no.” AJ said.

Pinkie smokes on a bubble pipe.

“Perhaps.” Pinkie said. “Are you aware of the robbery that took place here a few moments ago?” Pinkie added.

“There was a robbery?” Applejack said, somewhat on the line of being interested.

“Uh huh.” Pinkie replied.

“Well what happened?” Applejack asked.

“My cake was stolen!” Pinkie shouted. “And as far as I know you’re a prime suspect!” Pinkie said in a tantrum and pointed her hoof at Applejack.

Applejack pushed her hoof down and raised he voice.

“Look, Pinkie, I know you’re all upset that somepony came along and took your cake. But you can’t start accusing innocent Ponies of doing somethin’ that haven’t done.” Applejack ranted.

“Oh I know what I need to do. I need to do is identify everypony that was near my cake at the time of the crime. I just need to use some of my unicorn magic.” Pinkie says and rubs her hoof on the spot of where a unicorns horn would be. “And I know just the Pony to help me!” Pinkie said while bouncing away.

“There’s something wrong with that Pony.” Applejack said before walking away.

Back in her library. Twilight is meditating once again.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK KNOCK. (Shave and a haircut, 2 bits.)

Twilight opens her eyes after hearing the door being pounded on. She tilts the books she’s on top of, into a slanted slope. She slides down and opens the door. Pinkie welcomes herself into the library.

“So have you made any progress?” Twilight asked Pinkie.

“Nope.” Pinkie Pie answered. “But I have came to the conclusion that I need to be able to know who was near the scene at the time of the incident. Thanks where you come in my friend.” Pinkie wraps her hoof around Twilight.

Twilight quickly chuckles.

“Sorry Pinkie, but I’ve got some training to get ahead of.” Twilight said.

Pinkie Pie slides in front of Twilight, grabs her front hoofs and cries on the floor.

“Oh please Twilight! I need you to use a spell that will allow me to identify all the suspects involved so I can at least know who did this!” Pinkie begged. “And maybe get my cake back.” Pinkie said happily.

“If it gets you to stop, and if you promise to let me get back to my studying, I’ll gladly help you with your conundrum.” Twilight told Pinkie.

“I Pinkie promise!” Pinkie says while crossing her heart, while hoping to fly, then while sticking a cupcake in her eye.

The two mares trot towards Sugar Cube Corner.

“Alright Pinkie, where did you last see your cake?” Twilight questioned.

Pinkie Pie zipped around the corner. Twilight followed her path.

“I placed it right here.” Pinkie said while excessively overusing hoof gestures. “I went out to meet the Ice Cream Pony and when I came it was gone!” Pinkie restated.

“Pinkie, you told me this already.” Twilight said with a monotonous attitude.

“Oops. Sorry.” Pinkie quietly said.

“I’ve been working on echo spells.” Twilight said before being cut off by Pinkie Pie.

“How’s an echoing spell going to help us? Help us? Help us? Help us? Help us? Help us? Help us?” Pinkie echoed on to make an unfunny joke. “Sorry.” She added.

“Not that kind of echo Pinkie. It’s an electrical echo that allows me to see anypony who was here recently.” Twilight lectured.

Twilights horn glows a faint magenta, another magenta sphere expands around Twilight and Pinkie Pie that stretches a few meters. Fuzzy lime green outlines of Ponies become visible inside of the sphere. The outlines of Pinkie Pie, squirrels’, Mrs. Cake, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. The sphere shrinks, the outlines form into sparkles, and Twilights horn stops glowing.

“Our suspects are you, squirrels’, Mrs. Cake, and the Crusaders. We can easily scratch off you & the squirrels, which leaves us with Mrs. Cake and the girls.” Twilight concluded.

“This will be easy! Maybe Mrs. Cake just moved it. We’re already at Sugar Cube Corner, this will be easy as pie!” Pinkie told Twilight.