• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 533 Views, 11 Comments

The Nonrational Service - Bitt_Player



Captain Shining Armor and a ragtag gang of ponies defend Equestria from the strange, the sinister, and the just plain weird.

  • ...
 11
 533

NRS Record - Entity 600: Slender Mane

Although Slender Mane's current situation would be considered neutralization for most Entities, it is considered only contained for the time being. Currently, Slender Mane exists only as ashes, stored in an arcanickally-sealed jar in a vault at the core of the Nonrational Service's Extreme Hazards Containment Facility. The jar, the spell sealing it, and the vault itself are all to be inspected for damage or abnormalities twice daily. The level of the ashes is to be checked during these inspections, as well. Any abnormality is to be treated as a Stage Five Crisis Situation. Any pony who questions the necessity of these measures is to review the report on Incident Faceless, particularly the fatality count and escape log. Before its immolation, Entity 600 was a being shaped like a very tall, very thin stallion, with a pure-white coat and, despite its name, no mane or tail. Slender Mane wore a three-piece suit, and manifested a variable number of tentacle-like appendages of variable length from its back. Proximity to the being caused blurred vision, as well as physical and mental fatigue. Slender Mane was occasionally witnessed near ponies who later disappeared without explanation, and is believed to be responsible for their disappearances. Slender Mane is unable or unwilling to communicate, and it seems to prefer to stalk his targets without their knowledge. The entity reacts with extreme violence to any pony becoming aware of its presence, although it is unclear how it knows it has been discovered. It seems to be capable of some manner of psychic suggestion, and ponies who have encountered Entity 600 previously usually exhibit unusual, albeit benign, behavior when describing the entity.

Following Incident Thin Stallion, Entity 600 no longer exists in our reality. Entity 002 has permanently removed it from the physical plane, and whether it exists or not is unclear, but 002 assures us it cannot return. Two apparent side effects have occurred in the aftermath of the Incident, both of which are believed to be results of Discord's magic. Firstly, it is impossible for any pony to alter the text of this document, or write a copy with altered text, though adding to the document is possible. Second, nopony is able to refer to Entity 600 by name -they use a nickname or its record number whenever they try.