• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 1,729 Views, 24 Comments

Mind of Matter - Winds of Change - SilverCreep



A year has past since Anon's depature, yet upon a suprise return, the situation in Equestria isn't the same comforting feel he had when he left; something new and sinister is a'hoof.

  • ...
8
 24
 1,729

Chapter 02 - Showpony

"So...What did you have in mind for Trixie to perform?" Trixie began as the carts pulled into Ponyville the following afternoon; it was going to be a quick stop for most of the folk in the caravan before they would continue on to Hoofington, which left you and Trixie ample time to plot your little escapade for the evening.

Breakfast was said and done and before you could even begin, Trixie was upon you, wanting to start right away.
Sitting comfortable inside her cart with a few peices of scroll and quills to write out ideas, you pounder.
'Well the trial ideas were a pretty sound plan would you agree?'
Trixie nods "Trixie would, to allow ponies to show their skills and challenge her with them."
'Exactly, the audiance may find a good kick out of that, not to mention the mane six may have an idea to get invovled for a rematch.'
"Then I shall best them again!"
'No...thats not the answer.'
Trixie looks at you "but...why not?"
'You want to make a good impression right, as much as you may want to show you're the best, they are the best at their things too, Rainbow dash for example is THE fastest flyer in Euqesatria, I wouldn't be suprised if she could outrun a....'
You pause
IDEA!
You grab a sheet of scroll paper and cut it into a perfect page of paper.
You start to fold it.
And fold
and fold
and fold.
Until you have a paper airplane before you.
"That...is amazing!" Trixie said "How...how did-"
'Secret....' you reply 'trade skill I have since I was a kid.'
You hand it to her.
'Can you make it fly?'
"Fly? Are you asking if Trixie the Great and Powerful can make a peice of paper fly?"
She smirked "foals play."
She said and magicked the plane, easing it from your hands as it floated about before you.
'Good...now fly it around like a pegasus.'
Trixie blinked, nodding as she began to buzz the plane around the inside of her cart, slowly she got your idea and a big grin came on her face "We challenge any fliers with something such as this?"
'Yes...exactly...get a bunch of flags and have them place them around Ponyville, once done, you race from flag to flag and back to the cart.'
"Oh Anon, thats simply...amazing! Why didn't Trixie think of such a thing?"
'Human inginiuity.'
She grinned, suddenly pressing closer "and what else does this...human inginiuty grant?"
You roll your eyes and ease her back just a bit 'A lot of things, but lets take it slow.'

Now that you had the first trial done for any fliers, you still had to find something for earth ponies and unicorns.
'Perhaps some test of strength, I mean, that's all you can really do.' You huffed, rubbing your forehead...
Trixie watches you...mimicing your movements as you tap your fingers on the desk.
She taps her hooves.
You sigh.
She sighs...
Its nothing that bothers you, hell its cute, and for a moment you feel like doing something silly.
But you need focus as you fwump your face into your hands.
So does she, into her hooves.
'You moved those rocks before right? Why not try moving something...bigger?'
"Bigger? Such as what?"
'Well... there are plently of apple trees....'
"You don't suggest we uproot one? As much as it would be a wonderful Idea, Trixie feels that is just uneccissary."
'Yeah, may be charged for vandalism.'
"Vandawha?"
'Never mind...hrmmm...'
You can't really figure what sort of object would be viable for a strenght test, but...maybe the fact of who could move something for an extended period of time...
You pause, suddenly thnking it through...
'I got it!' you exclaim, slamming your hand on the table
Trixie almost jumps in suprise at the sound "r-really?"
'Well, you did impressive work with moving al those boulders, perhaps an endurance of lifting and lowering a boulder over and over and see who tires first, its not much of an idea but its something...'
Trixie hrmms for a moment, tapping her chin with her hoove "It...does have merit towards strength and...is something Trixie can accomplish..." she smiled "it shall be so!"
Two down
One to go.
The magic test between other Unicorns.
You knew Trixie wanted to duel Twilight, but that still left the HOW part.

---

The caravan slowly departed, leaving only the cart of Trixie and you; of course, no know KNEW it was Trixis cart (apparently her old one was smashed the last time she was here...) so it gave you the element of secrecy.
You would be back stage, and having helped Trixie with a decent and non-over-the-top script, you hoped that the rest would go according to plan.
But this is Equestria
Insanity can and will often happen.
"Fillies and Gentlcolts of Ponyville, lend me your ears!~"
Trixie's introduction went off the moment the rest of the caravan had pulled away, there was little else waiting for them in Ponyville, and considering she and you were at your destination, why not make the biggest entrance of all time.
"I the great and powerful Trixie have returned once more to your fair town to ask for your audience!"
Ponies looked about, surprised as nopony could see the mare in question aside from her cart settled in the middle of town. Like before, a crowd gathered, and from inside you could see the mane six at the very edge of it, perhaps a little....uneasy with the return of a rather unruly mare, but you were hoping Trixie could make a better impression this time around.
For your sake...
You were helping her, if this didn't work.
Damn...failure would be the last thing on your mind.
You could hear murmurs from the crowd as Trixie coughs abit "Trixie....is aware of her doings the last time she had come...and she had felt the need to....apologize for it." she bowed slightly "As a result of Trixie's prior antics, she wishes to bring about a new show for you all to enjoy!" she got on her rear hooves as fireworks shot out of nowhere.
Some ponies were impressed, others rather bored, and the mane six...well...uneasy like before.
'c'mon, give her a chance...' you think as Trixie begins by removing her hat.
"Trixie....asks not for your forgiveness...but...for a chance to redeem her past actions. Trixie...I..." she paused a bit "I have learnt that my actions were not...fitting as a magician, and though I had bragged and boasted, it was..wrong of me. I...ask,
you, as fellow ponies, as unicorns, pegasus and earth pony...to...forgive Trixie for her actions."

She bowed her head slightly, remaining there for a few moments before a few soft cheers began to ripple through the crowd.
They all began to hoof stomp, bringing a sigh of relife to yourself and Trixie.
Though, from backstage, you can see the mane six still unmoved; did she really rub them the wrong way that deeply?
Trixie didn't seem to mind, she wanted to put on a show, so she simply began with what you talked about.
"Before Trixie had said, whatever you ponies could do, she could do better?
Well, trixie has a NEW proposition....anything Trixie can do, can any pony do better?"
There was a flush ofd murmurs through the crowd as Trixie stood on stage, determined, eyes scanning over all the ponies, landing on the mane six as she eyes them all, smiling softly with little in return before looking away without making a fus.
"Are you a fancy flyer? Perhaps you may outmaneuver Trixie's little airplane?" she smirked, letting a small paper plane fly about, decorated with her cutie mark as it flew around and overhead her, brilliance by her magic.
"Or maybe, a strong earth Pony, set to see if you can move a heavy object, and keep it off the ground longer than I may do?" she galloped off stage to a oddly well place boulder, circling around it as she smirked.
"Or better still...a Unicorn.." she eyed Twilight "and test your magical wits against mine?"
She galloped back onto stage, turning to face the crowd "I ask to show me what you can do, and see if you can best me in such acts of grace, strength and skill!"

More fireworks and a resounding cheer from the crowd echo about the evening display.
"She's nuttin but trouble, ah dun think we can just go in and trust her again, not afta what she did last time." AJ had said as the others nod.
"I...don't know..." Fluttershy began "She...doesn't seem as moody..."
"Thats because she's hiding it dear, she wishes and begs for forgivness and yet will simply laugh it off when we give it, who knows what dreadful things she may do." Rarity remarked, somewhat a little offended by what Trixie did to her mane the last time.
"Well, we can only just keep watching what she does..." Twilight began as
Rainbow huffed.
"You know, lets see what she's all about...I can't stand just watching this."
"Rainbow!" Twilight called "What are you doing?"
"Seeing if she's still the bad mare we remeber!" she called back as she flew over to Trixie.
Trixie looked at Rainbow in suprise "Well, if its not the one Rainbow Dash, such a pleasure to see you again."
"Cut the pleasantries..." Rainbow remarked "I just want to see how good your little plane is." she said, flicking the paper thing with a hoof.
Trixie smirked "Well, if you wish to be bested like before...perhaps...but I play fair and square now, I hope you can do the same."
"Hey, if theres one thing I always take seriously, its racing Trixie, I won't be shown up by a Unicorn."
Trixie nodded "very well...mark out a path." she said as Rainbow took the flags before her and dashed off to place them.

After several moments, she came back "Alright, from here, to the windmill, over to Rarity's shop, then to Suger Cube corner, then to Twilights Tree, THEN to the city hall and back here." she plants the last flag at the base of the stage with a grin "think you can handle that?"
"Trixie can handle anything my dear Rainbow...are you ready?"
"I was...BORN...ready!" She said as she lined up at the start with that little...plane...
She remembered Anon.
GO!
And she almost missed the starting signal as she flew off a few inches behind the plane.
It was fast, well, really fast, but Dashie wasn't going to let a small thing like that best her.
From the cart it was off to the windmill, Dashie slowly gaining on the small, and much lighter craft as it buzzed passed the windmill onwards towards Rarity's shop.

Dashie only revved her speed, zipping faster and faster as her rainbow trail cascade behind her.
She gained speed past Raritys Boutqique, sharp turning and making the way back to Sugar cube Corner, catching the plane on the turnabout from the Boutquies roof.
A buzz and swoop and she just passed the little thing before another sharp turn took them around SCC and onwards to Twilights.
The plane was smaller and with its size was able to actually sweep through the branches with ease as Dashie nearly struck a large one in the head, narrowly avoiding wounding her wing as she buzzed through the tree and caught the plane again on the turn as they raced towards the town hall at blinding speed.
Dashi huffed, she began to move her forehooves and rear hooves in the way Anon showed her, and within a second she sped further, her speed slightly increasing as she eyed the plane as they both swooped past town hall, neck and neck in the turn as they raced towards the finish.
In the final moments, Rainbow wanted to win, the urge was so high she flappe a solid flap and sped herself just a few bits ahead of the plane as they slammed into the dirt at high speed.

Everypony gathered to see that Rainbow had landed further, and of course, had passed the finish line.
As for the plane...
Well...
it was paper.
Ir crumpled on impact, nothing more than a little ball as Rainbow got up.
"Ahah...told yah, I was...BORN ready to win!" everypony cheered.
Even Trixie, holding back the urge to complain, smiled calmly and trotted over.
Trixie is impressed Rainbow dash.... and with such a thing, she admits defeat to the first challenge." she smile, eying the crowd "Such a display from the heroine of the sky!" she called out, almost in a praise "but, there are still two more challenges, any other pony wish to test their mettle?"

"Ah reckon ah betta give it a try." Aj spoke out before looking at the others "if Rainbow can do it, ah better do it too or ah may neva hear the end of it." she said, trotting over to the stage.
"Ah...Apple Jack, I hope you are well."
"Ah damn tootin Miss Trixie, yerself?"
"Well, Better, and glad you're willing to test your skills this evening."
AJ huffed "Well, ah best hope we dun hafta tie me up again and stick an apple in mah mouth."
"OH Trixie would not dream to such a thing..."
AJ looked at her seriously as the unicorn mare had a sweat drop down her head.
"but...aha...Trixie does apologize for such a thing...instead, she has set up a different test."
She trots over to the boulder, studying it before casting a spell and...duplicating it.
"there, two equal boulders, now then AppleJack, each one of us must lift and lower their respective boulder and whoever is able to hold it the longest wins...are yo-" AJ had already begun tying her's up with rope and putting one end through a nearby tree, pulling at the other end as she huffed, raising it above ground.
"Ya'll sayin?" she muttered with the rope in her mouth as the crowd cheered.

Trixie grinned.
"I see...well then, two can play at this game." she magicks her boulder and lifts it, holding it up to equal height of AJ's.
"Now...who will break first?"
The pair held their stones, the weight, at first, being nothing as AJ and Trixie would rejuvinate their efforts, an extra tug here or a shot of magic there, keeping their respective methods up to par as both slowly began to show strain.
They were boulders.
They were heavy.
And a single pony carrying it was no easy task.
They would begin to lower and raise their boulders, as the test required, both ponies begining to break out sweating as they lifted, lowered, lifted.
Lowered
Lifted
FWUMP!
AJ nearly lost her rope as she gripped it tight and held on, the boulder INCHES from the ground as she began to pull back.
"Hah..." Trixie muttered "You begin to weaken to Trixie's...power!"
"Ah aint done....yet!" Aj protests as she pulls back and lowers, getting the rythm again.
Trixie was in no better shape.
She had done well at the rockslide during the caravans trip, but extending the use of her magic was taking a toll on her too.
Sure enough, as the minutes past and the first hour drew to a close, a resounding WHUMP left both stones suddenly planted in the ground.
"Its a tie!" somepony said as Trixie exhaled.
"Ah...you see...the Great and Powerful Trixie can stand up to any earth pony strenght!" she said, quite pleased with herself.
"Ah mustr admit Trixie, yah aint got no soft spot in yah, takes...guts...ta heave such a load." AJ grinned "if its a tie, den the one who set the challenge wins...ah guess yah get it fair n'squre Trixie."
Trixie blinked "Ah...but you AppleJack have certainly gotten more than-"
"Ah dun need it sugh, ya;ll beat me, and thats that." she smirked and trotted off, leaving Trixie rather...suprised.
As AJ returned to her friends, they all stared at her.

"Stroke her ego much?" Rainbow muttered.
"Ah aint one ta be a bully bout it, she set the task and we boith ended up tying it. If it had been me, ah am sure I woulda taken the win."
"We could only dream such a thing with her." Rarity muttered "In all intent AJ dear, you gave her what she sought, certainly fitting but..." Rarity sighed "I guess whatever else she has planned with a Unicorn willl...*gulp* have to be considered the last chance to see if she's up to no good."
Twilight huffed a bit, eyeing Tixie who was still trying tio recover from the unusal kindess given to her by AJ, that and try and retain her train of thought before she exhaled and trotted onto stage.
"Trixie is indee...suprised...with events of the challenge, but she cannot stand idly by as another gives her the win. Apple Jack, Trixie approves of your kindess and thanks you deeply for your offering of the win, but...that still leaves one last challenge, a Unicorn with skill and cuning, perhaps only I shall be considered as such unless anypony wishes otherwise?"
Everypony looked at Rarity.
"What...do you think I would do such a thing again, I learn my lesson from last time dears...I think its Twilight who should take her last test."
Twilight of course was already trotting over the moment Rarity finished leaving the white mare surprised at how sudden her friend went about it.

Trixie kept her eyes on twilight, and Twilight did the same in kind.
Nopony really spoke, they all knew of the last time these two were together and the true story behind the fictional tale Trixie spoke.
But, seeing her skills here.
Those magic skills
Both with flight and strength
It was...difficult to be certain her intentions.
Of coruse, you knew full well, hiding back stage, seeing Twilight slowly trot onto the far end from Trixie.
"Well, it seems we have the last challeneger, and one The great and powerful Trixie expect to come forward. Twilight Sparkle..." she paused,
Twilight kept a serious face on, looking right at Trixie.
"I'm not sure what you're planning Trixie, but I won't let you show about yourself here, we want nothing to do with it."
Trixie huffed "Do you always assume the worst of people? Trixie is most displeased that you will not be willing to give her a second chance; wasn't it said to leave the past behind us?"
Twilight exhaled, it sounded...familiar of course, but she wasn't about to stand down.
"You're right...things should be left in the past...and I'm willing to do so, that is why I'll take your challenge."
Trixie smirked "Splendid, Trixie is most pleased you will."
"What is it then?"
"A spell, not just any, a teleportation spell."
Twilight smirked "Really, thats all? I can do that blindfolded." she grinned and closed her eyes, suddenly vanishing and appearing atop the cart, vanishing again, and then appearing before Trixie.
"See?"
Trixie blinked a few times "Yes...Trixie...does...but that was not what she meant."
"Oh?"
Trixie smirked "Trixie shall teleport not herself around here, but....will try and teleport something from....ANOTHER DIMENSION!" she said the last part a tad overdramatic as you wait and hear the rippling gasp escape the maws of the audiance.
Twilight looks dumbfounded
Lolz
That face when she is confused and perplexed.
So chuuu~
You can't help but snicker at what you planned for this.

-Earlier-

"Trixie cannot believe you are serious!"
'I Am serious...serious enough to get you Twilight's attention.'
You and Trixie were plotting the last few touches on the show you had planned, and of course, when the idea for the final act came to be you, she was rather...upset.
It was her show.
She wanted to end it with her choice.
But considering you helped, you wanted this, besides, she'd get Twilights attention.
And perhaps then some.
'You wanted to challenge Twilight to a magic duel, to see who IS the best Unicorn in all of Ponyville, that's legit and I won't stop you, but you got to draw her attention with something SHE cannot do, and considering her...position.'
Trixie sighs "You're right Anon, she is...powerful, and her skills far superior than Trixie's....but, she will NOT be outshined."
'I know, and in fact, thats why we should do this.'
"I..Trixie...still does not approve."
'You should, will drive everypony wild.'
"and if not?"
You pause, but grin 'I doubt that will ever be a problem.'
She sighed "fine...what is the plan?"
'Simple...teleportation from a distance, and I don't mean here, I mean from ANOTHER DIMENSON!'
Over-dramatic time.
She blinks, and looks at you.
"Dimensional travel? That is the stuff of ponytale and lore, such things...do not impress Trixie."
'But they will tug at Twilights interest. She tried it the last time I was here.'
"And?"
You look at Trixie 'She nearly blew herself up.'
Trixie blinked a few times, certainly there was something she didn't expect, Twilight unable to do something such as that?
It wasn't...unusual...such magic was far to advance for even Trixie to deal with, but the information that she tried and failed...
That made it oddly sweeter to Trixie.
"Well...that makes sense...and what of the ploy to hook her?"
You grin 'Ask her WHO she might want to be brought here from another dimension; 10 to one it's me, and if so, well...make a big show of it.'
"You are confident in such a thought?"
'Always, cause I know her, it will happen.'
Trixie looked away a bit "They like you that much...to want you back?"
You look at Trixie, patting her on the neck gently and pulling her close
'Just between you and mean, I am glad to have them, but they definitely would want me back...'
"Trixie...I...can see why."

The mare eased away a bit as she trotted to the window, looking out to see all the ponies still about with the caravan, some packing up to go, others visiting old friends, and her, silent...alone. Nopony really took attention to her.
You walk over, standing a bit beside her.
'If it means anything, these past three days have been...impressive and rewarding, despite the rough start you're...a pretty cool pony.'
Trixie looked at you.
"You... mean it?"
You smile 'Course, why would I say oth-'
She jumps at you, pressing into your gut as you tumble back a bit, almost falling over as you look down un suprise as she rubs her face into your gut.
Sniffling...a few tears.,
"I....I am glad to have taken you in for these past days..." she pulled her face from your chest and looked at you "your...kindness gave Trixie the utmost in Joy and...because of you, I feel...no....I know I can do this right!"
'Thats the spirit!'
Trixie smiled, easing off as she trotted to a cuboard and pulled out a small bag, she opened it and pulled out three white orbs and placed them before you.
"To help with effect...Smoke bombs...I..." she looked away "always carry a few to leave on a moments notice."
You nod, pocketing them before you look about.
'I guess we're ready to go.'

--

"You can't be serious!" Twilight demanded "you really have the power to do that?"
Trixie snickered "Oh dear Twilight, do you not think Trixie to be nothing more than a foul? There is a reason she is Great and Powerful, and her travels have opened many doors of wonder and abilities for her to take hold."
All showbiz, but Twilight was eating it.
"Then....then can you bring someone from another dimension here?"
Trixie laughed "Indeed I can...name it."
Twilight bit her lip, looking back at her friends, all of them just as spellbound as she was as she turned back.
"Bring....bring Anon from his world."
Called it.
Trixie's eyes go wide.
"ohhoho!" she said, putting a hoof to her maw "So you seek HIM do you, the Human of Equestria, the savior of Canterlot?" she approached Twilight as the purple mare eeped a bit. Trixie of course was going to milk this thing as you facepalm, seeing that she planned to do just that.

The newspaper from inside the cart fluttered out under the spell of Trixie as she put it to Twilights face.
"You do seek him, don't you, curious why you do; he had done much to help you and your friends..."
"Y-yeah...he's one of our friends." Twilight stammers, fidgeting as Trixie wrapped a hoof around her neck.
"As well as close ones with both princess's, certainly an interesting thing to consider...do you....admire him?"
Twilight blushed
"O-of coruse not! he's just...an interesting po-person to be with."
Trixie let out another laugh "So, you wish to have the human brought back? Very well, The Great and Powerful Trixie shall make it so!"
More fireworks as she stretched out her neck and hooves.
With a grin, she began to cast her brilliance, magiking a spot before her as she slowlky began to create an orb of energy, swirling and coiling as she started to focus her power.
"Anon..the human...we seek you to come to Equestria, shall you respond or shall he refuse...we desire the return of our Hero soon!" Trixie chanted...

More show biz.
You toss a smoke ball as it begins to whip about in the vortex of energy, cascading around it like a torando as the orb grew larger and larger and the smoke covered the entire stage as the sudden wail of energy unleashing itself cast a blinding light to flash from the stage as everypony looked away.
And you jumped right into it just as it all subsided.
Twilight coughed, trying her best to see through the smoke as you stretch out and begin to take on your role.
You start to cought.
'Oi, what the heck?' you say oddly loud as Twilights head perks
"A-ANON!?" she shouted as the smoke slowly dissipated, and you...as you always were...stood there in the center of the stage.
You looked around.
Perplexed.
Confused, not noticing Twilight as you gaze about.
Everypony had their eyes on you as you look around.
'Well...didn't expect this...' you muttered with a smirk, catching the gaze of everypony, especially the mane six as all their maws are on the floor.
You turn, looking at Twilight and Trixie.
'Well...I would have expected' you mutter.
"A-Anon!?" Twilight asks as you turn to face her.
'Oh...Hey Twilight...' you look around 'Did you finally get the dimensional spell working?' you smirk 'Hope you didn't do anything...silly while I was gone.'
"A-Anon...is that really you?"
You pat yourself...solid.
'In the flesh I guess, good to see you too Twi-'
You can't finish your sentence as you're floored instantly by her.
"ANON!" she shouts again, pressing her muzzle into your upper chest "Oh it is, it is, it is you! SQUEE!"
She was overly hyper.

Trixie couldn't help but laugh in return, hiding a blush as a bit of envy for Twilights deep fondness showed on her face.
"Ahem..." she said as Twilight looked at her and quickly was at her hooves.
"PLEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me how you did that!"
Trixie blinked and smirked, a coy smirk.
Real coy.
"A magician never tells her secrets..."
"But...but I must know!"
"Trixie does not tell her tricks Twilight, understand that."
"NO...I can't, please, tell me~!"
"No."
"PLeeeease~"
By Celestia...she really wanted it.
You give a nod to Trixie as she sighs, but smirks.
"Alright....if you really wish to know, then the Great and Powerful Trixie shall tell you...on one condition."
"Anything!" Twilight remarked rather quickly "I'll do ANYTHING to know!"
Trixie smirked.
"Then...Trixie...the Great and Powerful...challenges you, Twilight Sparkle, to a magical duel!"
Twilight blinked as she rose.
"A magic duel?"
Trixie nodded "Ever since you bested me the first time I was here, I have sought much in the way of skill to learn and be...better...than you. Trixie is second to nopony and she plans to make sure you don't hold the title of being...better...than her."
Twilight gulped a bit "You...w-want to fight?"
"Yes...to see who is the Best and Strongest Unicorn, Trixie cannot let you outshine her for it."
Twilight looked away for a moment, at you, you shrug, you're not going to stop Trixie on that one; she wanted a duel with her, and you were letting her have it.
"The terms are simple." Trixie began again "if you win, I tell you how I brought Anon here, even send him back and bring him over again to make it clear!"
Twilight looked back at Trixie, a determined look on her face "and if I lose?"
Trixie grinned "Then Anon stays with me."

Everypony gasped
You exhale, god, you could have seen that coming...only she would do something like that....
You shrug and lay back, not caring for the theatrics.
Its what Trixie wanted.
"So then Twilight..." Trixie said as both mares looked determinedly at one another. "Will you...accept my challenge?"
Twilight looked at Trixie.
She wasn't one to enjoy fighting, but to know the secret of dimensional transportation, even just a smidgen, would be a giant leap in her skills; even Celestia could not do such a thing, yet Trixie had done it as easy as pie; not even a remote explosion happened when Anon came through.
She had to know.
Not because she wanted to
But because she HAD to.
"Trixie..." Twilight began as she pointed a fore-hoof at Trixie "I accept your challenge!"

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 and oh boy is this a big one.
I really had some fun with this chapter, but then, that's a broken record for me; I love writing these chapters whenever I can get them done and edited over.

Well, it seems Trixie's put her cards on the table and the duel shall begin in earnest! Lets hope things don't get too crazy.