• Published 20th Jun 2013
  • 397 Views, 3 Comments

Chatter and Pinkie, a love story. - Jabber99er



A stallion here to buy sugarcube corner may be falling in love with the competition.

  • ...
 3
 397

Chapter 1

Chatter and Pinkie, a love story.

The blue stallion tentatively placed his hoof on the wooden floor of the train station. His job had sent him here in order to buy sugar cube corner from Mr. and Mrs. Cake, who had for years evaded the corporate grasp of Dole corp. But today was Chatter's lucky day. The Cake's business has been down recently, and with two children to feed, the Cake's were desperate for money. He closed his eyes and inhaled a deep breath of air in order to get a grasp of where he was. It was a quirk, but he's done it many a'times before, and its always worked. The air was filled with the sweet aroma of freshly spun cotton candy and vanilla. As Chatter opened his eyes he was greeted by a large pair of blue eyes and a pink forehead.

"Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie!" The pink mate let out before Chatter even realized what was happening. "I saw a train coming into town and I just knew it'd have somepony new on it! And guess what! I was right!" She exclaimed, starting to hop around him chanting "I was right," for several seconds. "So," she said, seeming to appear right in front of him again from seemingly out of nowhere, "what's your name? Where are you from? Why ya coming to ponyville? How long are you staying?"

Geez, Chatter had a cutie mark in, well, chattering, and he hadn't even gotten a word in edge wise yet. " My name's Chatter," he was able to say when the pony finally had to stop to breath, "and I'm her to buy a, uh, house," he lied, not thinking it logical to spread the fact he was here to buy a well known business.

She gasped, grabbed Chatter by the hoof, and started running. It was several minutes later when the pink hooves screeched to a halt and the mare pointed to a cloud in the sky. "It's perfect!" She exclaimed.

"For what?" Chatter inquired.

"For your new house silly," she said matter-of-factly.

Chatter started to mention the fact that he wasn't a pegasus, and therefore could not live on this plot of fine real estate that he was being presented, but the strange pony seemed to walk straight up, as if climbing some sort if invisible ladder, onto the cloud.

"W-what?" Was all he could muster seeing an earth pony "fly" AND walk on a cloud.

"HEY VIDEE! I FOUND YOU A ROOMATE!" He could hear her shout followed by what sounded like a hoof knocking on a door.

Chatter couldn't hear what the other half of this conversation had said, but Pinkie replied, "Aw, come on! You can't just stay in there by yourself 24/7," ... "No you can't," ... "No you can't."

The two ponies argued for several minutes over rather the one could stay inside all the time or not. Just enough time for Chatter to sneak away.

As Chatter passed a nearby tree, a familiar pink face popped out through a hole in the trunk. Chatter screamed in surprise and fell on his back. "Haha. Get up silly!"

Chatter lie on his back, soaking in the rage that this pony had caused him in under a half an hour. She extended a hoof to help him up, but he slapped it away, rolled himself back onto his feet, and started trotting away.

"Hey, where ya going Chatter?" Pinkie called after him as she galloped towards him, trying to keep up. Chatter didn't answer, but instead started moving faster in order to loose his pursuer.

"Hey, wait up!" She called as she finally started to slow down, "I just wanted to talk."