• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 3,705 Views, 71 Comments

My Little Warrior Cats - CometandAqua



After a spell miscasts, the Mane 6, the Crusaders, the Princesses, and Derpy Hooves suddenly get stuck in the world of Warrior Cats. This story takes place after "The Last Hope."

  • ...
6
 71
 3,705

New Apprentices

"'Time for them to receive Clan names'?! They just appeared out of nowhere not long ago!" A golden brown tom screeched once the sentence was said.

"Let me explain first, Brackenfur." Bramblestar calmly stated. "StarClan has told Jayfeather of the coming of strange cats who, if we help them in their time of need, will help us in ours. These six fit the description exactly as Jayfeather has described. They look unlike any cats we have ever seen," Bramblestar took a quick glance at Derpy's eyes at this comment. "But they also act unlike any cats we have ever known. If they are indeed the cats StarClan told Jayfeather of, then we should welcome them with open paws."

"And how do we know that Jayfeather didn't just make this up so these cats could join the Clan?!" Brackenfur shot back.

"You dare doubt your medicine cat?!" Jayfeather spat. "Firestar himself delivered the message to me!"

"Um, if you don't mind, could you please explain how the Clan functions and whatnot?" stated a very confused Celestia. Many of the cats glared at her, murmuring to their Clanmates.

"Oh, of course." Bramblestar said awkwardly. "The Clan hierarchy consists of the Leader, Deputy, Medicine cat, Warriors, Apprentices, Queens, Kits, and Elders. I am the Leader of this Clan, Squirrelflight is my Deputy," he gestured towards the ginger she-cat." And Jayfeather is our Medicine cat. Squirrelflight and I lead the Clan and assign patrols. Jayfeather heals cats of any illnesses or injuries. The Warriors protect the Clan and hunt for the Clan, while they train Apprenties to become Warriors. Queens are Warriors who are expecting or nursing kits. The Elders are retired Warriors and Queen who share their knowledge with us from in their youth, and that pretty much sums it up." Bramblestar finished, inhaling deeply.

"Thank you Bramblestar," Celestia calmly replied.

Jayfeather coughed quickly. "Weren't you giving them their Clan names?" He stated.

"Oh right," Bramblestar said, flustered. He straightened himself up and motioned for the first of the cats to come forward, which happened to be an excited Scootaloo. He looked over the kit carefully and asked, "Now what is your name?", which she quickly replied to, with several giggles from the cats.
"Well then, from this day forward, your Clan name shall be Featherkit. You shall stay in the nursery until you reach 6 moons."

Bramblestar repeated the procedure with the other five cats.
"...Pinkpaw. Your mentor shall be Bumblestripe..."
"...Derpypaw. Your mentor shall be Brightheart…"
"...Twilightpaw. Your mentor shall be Lionblaze..."
"…Flutterpaw. Your mentor shall be-"

"Um, if you don't mind, Bramblestar, I think I'd prefer to be a medicine cat. I just couldn't hurt others, if you don't mind."

"Of course not." Bramblestar replied. "Your mentor shall be Jayfeather then."

"And lastly...?" The tom trailed off, signaling for the final cat's name.

"Celestia." The white she-cat stated.

"Then you shall be known as Sunfur. I hope you defend your new Clan well as a Warrior." And with that the cats went to find their respective dens. As the newly named Sunfur went to find the Warriors' Den, she was stopped by Squirrelflight.

"It's Clan tradition for all new warriors to stand a silent vigil out in the camp all night. I'd suggest you go on ahead. I remember when I became a warrior, ah memories..." The ginger cat said.

"If you say so," Celestia/Sunfur replied to the deputy. She walked out to the center of the clearing and began her vigil, sitting erect facing the camp entrance.


“Warrior names?! We just met these cats!” one of the cats in the crowd shouted for Mistystar to hear. Many others began to join in.

“I am well aware of that, Pebblefoot. But if StarClan has sent us a message regarding these cats, would it not be right to accept them into our Clan?” Mistystar addressed the cat.

“I believe that these cats are here to help us, would you doubt your own Medicine cat?” Willowshine asked him.

“Well what happened to Mothwing? Why hasn’t she received a sign? She’s a Medicine cat too!” another cat cried out through the crowd, which the others soon became to comment on.

“Even if I didn’t receive the message, would you have believed me? I trust in my apprentice, and I would hope you would too.” A cat in the crowd said, coming up to Mistystar. She was a golden she-cat; Mothwing.

“Thank you Mothwing.” Willowshine said, nuzzling her mentor.

“Now let us begin,” Mistystar said, motioning towards the group of ponies.

“But may we ask first, how is this entire society governed? What is this centered around?” Luna asked.

“Oh, of course,” Mistystar replied. She gave a small speech about Clan life, not unlike Firestar’s. “And that is the majority of Clan life,” she finished.

“Thank you,” the ponies replied.

“And which one of you would like to go first?” the leader asked. Instantly the two kits/fillies ran forward. “And what is your name?” Mistystar asked Apple Bloom.

“I’m Apple Bloom,” she replied in her accent.

“Well then, you shall now be called Applekit,” Mistystar said, dipping her head to the kit. Applekit stood there for a few seconds, before realizing she was supposed to do something. She licked the leader’s shoulder, unsure of what to do. “Good job,” Mistystar whispered to her. She backed away, and Applekit walked over to her sister.

“And what is your name?” she mewed to Sweetie Belle.

“I’m Sweetie Belle,” she replied, a few cats snickering at her kittypet-like name.

“You shall be called Sweetkit,” Mistystar said to her. Sweetkit repeated the process as Applekit had, then returned to sit by her sister. “Who’s next?” she asked to the cats.

“I’ll go,” Rainbow Dash said, stepping forward. “I’m Rainbow Dash.”

“I admire your enthusiasm,” Mistystar said calmly, somewhat surprised no one had even giggled in the crowd. “From this day you shall be known as Rainbowpaw. Your mentor shall be Reedwhisker.” Reedwhisker came up through the crowd and touched noses with his new apprentice. One by one the others began to step up to Mistystar.

“…Applepaw. Your mentor shall be Mintfur.” She said to AppleJack.
“…Gempaw. Your mentor shall be Trouttail.” She said to Rarity.

“And your name is?” Mistystar addressed Luna, the remaining pony/cat.

“Our name is Luna, Princess of the Night,” the lunar princess replied to the cat, standing regally. A few cats held back snickers of amusement, but tried not to let their doubt of Luna’s title show.

“Then you shall now be called Moonpelt. I welcome you as a warrior of RiverClan.” Mistystar said to Moonpelt. She dipped her head to the midnight blue she-cat, who licked the leader’s shoulder in return. As she stepped back, the rest of the Clan began to chant the names of the cats.

Once the ceremony was over, the other apprentices and warriors showed the newly named cats their dens. As Moonpelt searched for the warriors den, Mistystar came up to her. “Moonpelt, as a new warrior, you must hold a silent vigil tonight. One of us will get you in the morning so you can get some prey and sleep,” the leader said calmly.

“Of course, We shall guard the night as we have for centuries,” Moonpelt replied, padding over to the center of camp.

“If you say so,” Mistystar murmured as she walked into her own den.

Author's Note:

Hey look, a quick look on the Clan hierarchy for those who haven't read the books! XD

Aqua's Dumb Advice!

*puts on silly giant glasses*

Never give up on piano, you'll regret it.

AQUA!! I DO THE ADVICE!!

Whoops, gotta go!

I'm sorry I took so long writing this, I felt I never had time, and the website kept Derping whenever I acutally tried to get this done. I promise there won't be such a long gap between the next chapters.