• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 615 Views, 15 Comments

The Cloudsdale Chronicles: The Tale of King Lightning Crack - LightningBeat



Lighting Crack is the King of the Sky! This is the story of how he became King.

  • ...
20
 15
 615

Chapter 5 - The Prince of The Sky

Chapter 5 - The Prince of The Sky

A few years later, Cheerilee announced to the class that they were having a field trip to see the Sky Blade. Lightning hadn’t remembered about Rainbow’s story until they were standing in front of the sword. The Weather Blade looked even more spectacular than he imagined. It had a large blade connected to the long hilt. It was jabbed directly in the middle of a smooth marble pedestal with a lightning bolt engraved on it.
“Now class! This is the all mighty Weather Blade! Legend has it tha-” Cheerilee began
“Legend is, Star Swirl the Bearded, cast a powerful spell on the sword! Only the true heir to the Throne of the Sky is able to pull out that sword!” Lightning finished.
“That’s right Lightning... we don't actually know who the heir is! King Tornado’s fillies attempted to pull out the sword recently, but they couldn’t do it! We have reason to believe, that the real heir is hidden away by society or was forgotten because we have no records of the King having a third filly! So everypony should give it a shot!”
“Sounds easy enough! I dunno how a strong Colt, like Lightning Boom, couldn’t pull it out...” Diamond Tiara exclaimed as she bit down on the hilt and tried to pull it out.
“IT’SH SHTUCK!” She yelled with her teeth still on the blade. One after another, The Fillies lined up and tried their hoof on the sword. Some even tried pulling their friends to pull it out! But none of them could do it.
“Your turn Lightning!” said Cheerilee happily.
“Ummm... I don't think so... I don’t think I’m strong enough...” Lightning said so he wouldn't have to pull the sword.
“What are you? Chicken!?” Diamond grinned as she saw Lightning droop down.
“I’m not a chicken... I just don't think I can pull it out! What's the use in trying if it’s impossible to pull it out?” Lightning responded with a logical come back.
“Oh... I guess someone is too scared to touch a sword!” Silver Spoon laughed.
“Hey! Back off!” Sweetie Belle yelled angrily.
“Aww look... His Marefriend has to protect him! Shouldn’t it be the other way around?!” Diamond teased. Tears started streaming down Lightning’s face as Sweetie Belle, being overly sensitive, started to cry. He stood up.
“That’s where you’re wrong Daimond! I’m Thunder Strike! I’m the one who saved Ms. Cheerilee from the bad colt! I will prove to you that I’m not chicken! I’ll show you that I don’t need Sweetie Belle to protect me! I’ll show you that I can pick up the sword!” Lightning yelled defiantly at the purple pony. He ran over to the Sky Blade while Diamond and Silver were laughing.
“HA! Those are all lies! You couldn’t do those to save your life! You’re just a mule!” She mocked. Lightning didn’t say anything. He grabbed the hilt of the sword and he concentrated his magic on the sword! The blade started to glow along with the engraving on the pedestal. The blade suddenly disappeared, leaving the handle in Lightning’s hoof. He stared at it dumbfounded then he tried something... he concentrated on a single element around the hilt. Suddenly the blade appeared back on the hilt but in the form of electricity!
“Students... kneel to the Prince of the Sky!” Cheerilee said with awe in her voice. Lightning started crying again when he realized what this meant.

He ran, faster than he had ever run before. He ran into Twilight’s tree and hid under the covers of his bed crying. He heard some steps coming towards to his bed. He peaked out and saw Twilight and Rainbow!
“Hey! Congrats Prince Lightning!” Rainbow bowed to him
“Thanks...” Lightning said with a sad voice.
“What’s wrong? I thought you wanted to know your parents!” Twilight asked confused at his reaction.
“I did... I mean, I do... but now I’ll have to live the royal life in some kingdom far away from Ponyville! I don't want to move! I want to stay here! I have friends! I’m a hero! I have Sweetie Belle! I haven’t even found my cutie mark!”
“Huh? I was told you got it!” Twilight explained. Lightning’s gaze zipped to his rump to notice a small lightning bolt where his cutie mark should be, but he was too upset to care.
“I still don’t want to leave...” He mumbled.
“You don’t have to!” A deep voice boomed from behind Dash. Lightning looked up to see a red alicorn with a wavy grey mane. Lightning instinctively bowed when he realized who it was.
“Ho Ho! You don’t have to bow to me son. Don’t you remember? I’m your father!” Tornado chuckled.
“Oh... Sorry sir...” Tornado burst out laughing again.
“Son! There is no need for formality! I am your father, and you will address me as so!” He boomed even louder than before.
“Anyway, you don’t have to move away from ponyville! Our kingdom is right next to Cloudsdale! I will allow you to live in ponyville for as long as you wish, until it is time for you take your place as King of the Sky!” He explained.
“Really?!” Lightning asked hopefully.
“Just as long as you send us letters about how your life is here!” A melodic voice came from behind Lightning. He turned around to see a beautiful blue mare with a sparkling blue mane and a water drop as her cutie mark!
“Queen Pitter!” Rainbow bowed as she stepped aside for the Sky Queen. Lightning was too excited to see both of his parents and be able to stay in ponyville to care that she was the Queen.
“You also have to tell me about this Sweetie Belle character! She sounds like a fillyfooler!” She said as Lighting squeezed her and Tornado.
“Oh she’s anything but that! I have so much to tell you two!” Lighting started rambling after he let go of the two large ponies.
“How about after we celebrate! This has been quite a day!” Tornado said.
“DID SOMEONE SAY PARTY!?” Pinkie Pie flew in through the window at the mentioning of celebrations. She pulled out a large Party Cannon from under Twilights bed and made it shoot confetti and all sorts of “party” stuff!
“How did that fit under her bed?” Tornado asked not seeming to notice the party decorations everywhere.
“Some things are better left untold.” Twilight said as Pinkie turned on the music.

The End