• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 2,245 Views, 67 Comments

End of The Rainbow - My Name is Josh



How will you be able to study, be in a relationship and have fun at the same time?

  • ...
8
 67
 2,245

CH9: Early Morning Theatrics

Chapter 9: Early Morning Theatrics

It was a peaceful morning at the Manehattan High School or MHS for short. Although it was still early in the morning, the sun was shining brightly (for the sake of the plot). You were sleeping peacefully in your bed when suddenly…

“FUCK!”

A voice, or more specifically, a shout, roused you from your sleep. You pitifully open your eyes to see your roommate raging at the Xbox again. You bite back a laugh as you watch her get killed by the same player over and over again. Although you accidentally laugh by her getting spawn killed by a claymore, she didn’t notice.

“Must be her headphones.” You mutter, getting of the other side of the bed. You had made up your mind not to bother her for this morning only. Then you saw her pitifully aligning a headshot on her enemy.

’Screw that.’ You thought as you grabbed a pillow and threw it at her head just as she was about to fire. The sudden collision made her miss the shot and compromising her position and ultimately killing her.

She looked at you as she died. You bite your lip as she looked like she was about to murder someone. You had little time to react just as she flew from where she was and punched you in the face. She tackled you to the ground and began to wrestle you. You had managed to dodge all of her blows when the door opened.

“Will you two stopped fucking each other and get dressed.” Steven said. “It’s time for school.”

You threw Dash back and stood up. “What are you talking about? Grace period doesn’t end until Monday next week.”

Today is ‘Monday next week’.” Steven said sternly.

“Fine… geez. Where’s Tavi?”

“She’s at the theater now. Now get dressed.”

“Dash you get dressed first. I gotta take a shower first.” You say, heading for the bathroom.

“Fine.” Dash grumbled.


You had just finished preparing your things.

“Let’s see.” You muttered. “Books, pens, a notebook, what else?” you asked yourself. “Ah yes. Can’t forget you iPad. Hehe, what are you doing there, sitting on the bed?”

As you keep asking the poor iPad some more questions while packing, Dash had come out of the closet. She was wearing a casual cyan shirt with little blue wings at the back. With denim pants and her books held in one hand, she looked like a fucking scholar.

“Took you long enough.” You said to her. “Where have been? Narnia?” You teased her.

“Hey! I was busy doing stuff in there.” She retorted back.

“What kind of stuff? Are they the nasty stuff that you keep muttering all the time?” You can feel a smirk growing on your face.

‘Who knows what Dash does in there!’ Your brain’s pervert hormones are buzzing once again. ‘I bet she pleasures herself in there! Holy shi-. I think I just made it awkward…’ As your brain had started reprimanding itself for such a foolish thought, Dash came up to your face.

“Hello~!” Her face was really close to yours that you can feel her breath on your eyeballs.

“Scarf! You still there?” Dash’s face scrunched up in thought (which was actually cute, too bad you couldn’t see it because you’re an idiot). Dash brought out her phone and started fiddling it. After a few seconds, she brought out a cheap pair of fake earphones and connected to her phone. She fitted the earphone to your ears and pumped up the volume. After that she finally played a song

“What the f-!”


“Sorry for your earphones.” You said grimly. That wretched song caused you to rip them from your ear and used them to violently murder every single person in the buildin- I’m just kidding. Anyways…


“Sorry about your earphones.” You said grimly.

“It’s fine. Their fake anyways.” Dash shrugged it off. No shit, that fucking pair was once of the worst shitphones you had ever tried. No wonder Dash chose those pair; she knew that shit was gonna happen.

You allowed to have yourself a small smile before drawing out your schedule.

“Aw shit, acting.” You grimaced, remembering how bad you are at acting. “What’d you get?”

“Physics. Again.” She sighed.

“Bye! See you at lunch break!” You waved to her, making your way to the theater.

[Warning: Pitiful descriptive writing may occur due to the author had never been inside a theater. Not even once.]

When you step inside the ridiculously large school auditorium (or theater, you always confuse those stuff), you were taken aback by the somewhat large amount of students in the hall. The majority of the students looked like they were paying attention to the teacher in front. You took a seat at the near edge of the crowd and pulled out your iPad.

“Has the lesson started already?” You got the courage to ask the person on your left. Although you haven’t seen him, you can tell that he was a male.

“Nah, the teacher’s still chatting with the students up front.” He said in a very familiar voice. You looked at him and grinned.

“Nice to see you again, Lane.” You extended his hand towards him, which he had gladly taken and shook it briefly.

“How you doing?” You try to strike a conversation.

“I’m fine, as always. I haven’t seen you here during the first day.”

“Well, I was hiding from Ms. Blueberry back then. Damn, that woman looked like she was about to kill someone.”

“I agreed.” You and him both share a quick chuckle.

“Say,” you said again, “you briefly said that your father was in the army right?”

“Yup. Working as a Navy SEAL is hard work, he says. But due to that, we had a decent collection of guns in our house. Mom doesn’t mind, as she know we won’t do shit with those guns.”

You sighed.

“I wish we could have guns too. The only thing I had was the knife from the ‘Expendables 2’.” This brought a spark in Lane’s eyes.

“Really? Whose knife?” He said excitedly.

The one that Silvester Stallion had.”

“Holy shit! I’ve been searching for that piece ever since I watched the movie!” He said, resisting the urge to squeal.

“My dad gave it to me as a birthday present. Naturally my mom retaliated by putting it in a fucking glass display case in my room. One day I had snuck out the key and opened the case. I had one of those issues that when I hold something used for violence, I get really fucking excited and stuff. I would occasionally inspect it and stare at my reflection and other stuff like that.

“Sadly, I accidentally cut my left bicep with it.” You noticed that he was about to ask a question, probably about how it happened. “Don’t ask. It was kinda weird, and I’d rather not talk about it.”

Lane nodded and allowed you to continue. “So they took the knife and hid it somewhere in their room. I found it underneath their bed because they always leave the house in the mornings. I bet they’re still oblivious up to now that I snuck it out to the hotel I was previously staying.


“Soooo, do you have it?” He asked.

“Yup. In my room.”

“Awesome. Just don’t bring it out.”

“I know.” And after that, the two of you were enveloped in silence as you watched the other students perform. You have noticed that there were hundreds of red colored foam chairs that line the theater proper. Also the band at the side wasn’t easy to miss, and you had noticed Octavia playing her cello at the far right end of the band. You waved a little and she nodded back.

A few moments later, you started seeing the regular darkness creeping at the sides of your vision. Your head began to droop a little and then nothing…


“Mr. Kristofferson?” A voice, female called out to you.

“Mr. Kristofferson!” It called out again, though this time, firmer and sterner. A whipping noise could be heard moments before a white-hot burning sensation awakened your sleepy nerves. Your eyes shot open as you see Ms. Blueberry in front of you.

Her pretty yet stern cyan eyes bore into yours. Her navy blue hair seemed to make her face look more menacing in the soft light that shines above in the auditorium. Her mouth was curled into a interesting mix of irritation and amusement.

“Mr. Kristofferson. Can you please join the actors on the stage?” It was more like a demand other than a question.

“Yes Ms. Blueberry.” You mutter. As you walked along the red carpet that leads to the stage, you had this un-amused look that was plastered all over your face.

As you climb the steps, you can see Octavia’s face wearing a bemused expression, like she was unsure of what was happening. In your peripheral, you could see the faces of the students with varying expressions. Some looked amused, some looked smug, hell, someone even looked jealous. But in turn, you throw them a metaphorical cardboard box that contains all of the shits you give about them (in case you were wondering, that box is empty).

“Now, you,” Ms. Blueberry started when you two were in the backstage, “you are going to play as a psychopathic pirate that is going to torture our actors on stage.”

“Please tell me this is not Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3.” You groaned.

“He’s no- wait, what? How did you know that?”

“Seriously, the laptops of the students here are capable to handle such games Ms. Blueberry.” You deadpanned.

“Well, this will make it much easier. Since you already know him, you’ll be able to impersonate him perfectly!” She clapped and squealed at the same time in anticipation. “Oh, this play is going to be better than I thought.”

“I hate to admit but, I think this is going to be fun.”

“Hell yeah!” Ms. Blueberry shouted

[Cut to black]

{RACIST!}

Author's Note:

Chapter 9 just had a massive makeover. This chapter marks the first day of hardships for Scarf and his friends. Fortunately, there might be a little help from the power of friendship along the way.

~

This chapter is the worst of all, since I had noticed that the story doesn't flow really well. I noticed that some parts have more words than necessary.So that and I am in freakish need of an editor, so if some of you guys are willing, go ahead and PM me.

~Josh

[Also, I cleared the comments so future readers won't get confused.]