• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 590 Views, 3 Comments

The Secret Journal of Star Swirl the Bearded - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Twilight Sparkle discovers an ancient journal that once belonged to the legendary Star Swirl the Bearded.

  • ...
1
 3
 590

Prologue: A New Book

Twilight Sparkle was rearranging the various books in the Golden Oaks Library; a fairly common occurrence for the studios unicorn. But on this particular day, she discovered a book she knew she’d never seen before. It was a thick book, almost as big as her assistant Spike, and very old. On first glance, Twilight could tell it was a pre classical era made book; making this the oldest book she’d ever come across. There was no title on the front cover, so she opened it up to see if there was any information on what kind of book this was. Her eyes immediately went wide eyed from her discovery. Written in ink read “The Private Journals of Star Swirl the Bearded.” She couldn’t believe it, here in her very library, were personal notes written by Star Swirl the Bearded, one of the greatest spell casters who ever lived. The contents of this book could very well change the face of pony kind as she knew it. She told Spike to go play with the Cutie Mark Crusaders; she didn’t want any interruptions while reading the journal. She went up into her room, turned out the lights (save for one candle), and began to read.

Nopony starts out evil; everypony has the capacity for good in them. But sometimes, circumstances occur that leads one down a path that they are unable to turn back from. One of histories best known monsters is a tyrannical unicorn by the name of King Sombra. For a time, he ruled the Crystal Empire, before being banished by Princess Celestia and her younger sister Princess Luna. Of course, you’re probably wondering why they couldn't defeat him right away. The answer is simple my little ponies: they didn’t have the power needed before to stop him. Like evil, celestial beings do not start out celestial. Everything has a beginning, everything starts out simple and then turns complex. Sombra wasn't always a cold hearted tyrant. He was once a spirited pony with aspirations; and he was my first student. Despite my advanced age, I remember every moment with him...